• Published 9th Nov 2023
  • 1,473 Views, 97 Comments

Well, This Is Unexpected - TheKing2001



After being defeated at the Fall Formal, Sunset is one hundred percent convinced she's going to be the most hated girl at school. If only she knew how wrong she was.

  • ...
6
 97
 1,473

Chapter IV

“Ya doing okay? You look exhausted sugarcube,” Applejack pointed out as she pointed a fork out me. I barely was able to keep my head up. It’s been almost a week since the five girls befriended me. During that week, they insisted I sit with them during lunch.

I hadn’t slept for almost a week either. If only Vice Principal Luna had the alleged abilities of her counterpart in Equestria. I don’t know if Princess Luna is unbanished or not, but most ponies who knew the legends knew she could give advice on nightmares and I really don’t feel comfortable asking faculty for help with that.

“I’m fine,” I mumbled as I bit into a orange. If only we had pears here more often. I love pears. Straight up a gift from Celestia.

“Uh huh,” Applejack folded her arms and gave me a flat look. “Alright then.”

I looked around the cafeteria as I continued to peel the rest of my orange before tossing it in my mouth.

“How’s the live streaming going?” Rainbow asked suddenly as the rainbow haired girl stared at me.

“Uh good,” I admitted and stared down at my lunch. “You uh know about that?”

“Well, duh!” Rainbow scoffed and rolled her eyes before she snickered. “I watched you in freshman year. I quit for the obvious reasons but I watched your Firewatch playthrough the other day.”

I raised eyebrow slightly as I piled my orange peels on the side of my tray, examining the pizza and idly wondering how many times this one slice was reheated.

“Oh uh thanks for the support,” I offered weakly. I didn’t really know how to respond to that in all honesty. I never had anyone ever come to me about my streaming life and say anything about it.

“No problem,” Rainbow waved a hand as my hand holding my face up slipped and I face planted onto the table. Rainbow and Pinkie snorted so hard chocolate milk came out their noses as Pinkie covered her mouth.

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked quietly as Rarity pulled me up. “You’re not bleeding at least.”

“Yeah I’m fine,” I yawned and rubbed my nose. Shit felt like it was on fire. Rarity wiped the front of my shirt off and I realized I had face planted onto my pizza.

“I’m sorry but that was funny,” Rainbow snickered as she and Pinkie cleaned up their chocolate milk off the table.

“Ah don’t think our friends getting hurt is funny Dash.”

“Sorry,” Rainbow muttered as Applejack continued glaring at her.

“It was a bit funny,” I admitted sheepishly as they all gave me stunned looks. “It’s okay to laugh.” I gave a honest snicker as they all nervously laughed.

A balled up paper slammed into the back of my head and I jumped slightly. I looked around nervously. Well, looks like I was right about the bullying part.

“What was that for?” I asked them as they all shrugged.

“That’s usually how people pass notes in class is throw it. It also has your name on it,” Fluttershy said as she handed me the ball of paper. “I don’t think it was thrown to harm you.”

“And even if it was, we would beat em up!” Rainbow exclaimed and punched her fist into her palm as Applejack pulled her down to her seat.

“Yah, that’s what we won’t do.”

I unfolded the note and read it quickly, turning a bright red as Rainbow smirked slightly.

“What’s it say?” Rainbow demanded after a moment.

“N-nothing!” I stammered as I started to ball it back up again.

“Yoink!” Pinkie shouted and yanked it out of my hand as she placed it on the table and flattened as she, Rarity and Rainbow peered over her shoulder. Applejack stared at the paper.

“Rose’s are red, violets are blue, I’m secretly in love with you,” Rarity read out loud as she and the others grinned at me. “Someone’s got a secret admirer.”

“I wonder who it could be,” Fluttershy said as she tapped her chin. “It could be anyone, the whole school is here after all.”

“Probably someone in the gardening club based on the poems flower rhymes. Could be Roseluck or Lily. Maybe even Daisy. Daisy’s the youngest so it could be something she would do,” Pinkie mused as she built a robot out of her spare forks.

“Nah Daisy is dating Micro Chips, Lily is chasing after Caramel I think. Roseluck is a bit more quiet about her relationship status,” Rarity added as she shook her head. “I know it wasn’t Derpy. She has her eyes on who was it again?”

“Lyra,” Rainbow said as she stretched a bit. “It’s a complicated situation. Lyra likes Derpy too but they are both waiting for the other to make the first move. Apparently they’ve known each other for years and are both afraid of screwing up the friendship they got.”

“Ah heard about that. Last ah heard, Bon Bon and Vinyl were trying to get the two together,” Applejack said before eating some of her apple sauce.

“I always thought those two were dating,” I admitted as I looked up as Pinkie shoved the note into my backpack.

“So did everyone else. Apparently they grew up together. Like, as toddlers and shit,” Rainbow commented and shrugged. “We all placed bets on them dating sometime this year but we all lost when Lyra posted on Mystable that they were just good friends.”

“I lost good money that day,” Rarity grumbled as she tossed her trash onto her lunch tray. “I swear, those two did it to spite me. Lyra isn’t that big of a fan of me I heard according to rumors.”

“Rumors are just rumors,” Pinkie said casually as a piece of candy rolled out of her hand. “Oh. That’s yours Sunny. It was taped in the note.”

I picked it up and examined the Starburst carefully. I’d rather not get poisoned. I shrugged and unwrapped it as I tossed it in my mouth.

“So what are you gonna do about the note?” Fluttershy asked curiously as the others looked at me.

“Nothing. I’m not even sure I deserve friends, let alone a girlfriend or a boyfriend.”

They gave me sad looks as I returned to eating my lunch.

Author's Note:

I feel like I'm committing a crime not shipping Lyra and Bon Bon. If anyone knows me, they know I'm a HUGE Lyra Bon Bon supporter. They are my favorite characters out of the entire franchise. I'd even go as far to say people like them more than Mane Six. Even people who don't know background characters know Lyra and Bon Bon. It's insane the reach and popularity these two got. It feels like I'm committing a death penalty worthy crime NOT having them date.