• Published 9th Nov 2023
  • 1,473 Views, 97 Comments

Well, This Is Unexpected - TheKing2001



After being defeated at the Fall Formal, Sunset is one hundred percent convinced she's going to be the most hated girl at school. If only she knew how wrong she was.

  • ...
6
 97
 1,473

Chapter XVII

I stared at a large abandoned amusement park as Rainbow nudged me with a grin.

“What is this place?” I finally asked as I accepted the flashlight Rainbow handed me.

“The Canterlot amusement park. Was shut down in the nineties after some disappearances of some kids,” Rainbow explained as a door slammed shut neat us. “Allegedly haunted.”

I looked over to the nearby car that had arrived as Mystery Mint, Micro Chips, Bright Idea and Scribble Dee stepped out.

“Hey,” Mystery Mint waved as she approached us. “What’s up Dash?”

“Hey Minty,” Rainbow fist bumped as Rarity gave the place a distasteful look. Fluttershy had decided not to come so it was just everyone minus her. Bon Bon, Lyra and Octavia stood nearby talking quietly. “You all ready?”

“Ready as Ah will ever be,” Applejack grumbled as we all approached the gates. “Are we even allowed here Dash?”

“Yeah,” Scribble Dee answered. “While it isn’t a working amusement park anymore, they do tours in the morning here and let people stay over night. We have permission to be here.”

Rainbow unlocked the gate and pushed it open, making a awful squeaking sound as we all cringed.

“Oops,” Rainbow shrugged as we stepped inside and she shut the gate behind us. “Have to shut it. So no one gets in and tries to mess with us.”

“Sounds good,” Rarity nodded as Pinkie shoved the flashlight in her hair as I raised an eyebrow.

“Why don’t we split up?” Bright Idea suggested as we all looked at him. “Rainbow Dash, Lyra, Bon Bon, Pinkie and Mystery go with Sunset. Scribble Dee, myself, Rarity, Applejack, Octavia and Micro make the other group?”

“For someone named Bright Idea, that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard,” Micro Chips snarked as he pushed his glasses up.

“I support it!” Rainbow cheered as she pushed us together into out groups. “Let’s go!”

I gave a sigh as we walked in opposite directions.


“Have you never seen a horror movie?” Bon Bon demanded as we approached a dark tunnel with the roof half caved in and flickering lights. “Never separate!”

“We aren’t alone,” Rainbow shot back as she shined her light down the tunnel. “We are all together. Just not all together if you get me.”

“That makes zero sense,” I muttered. “The Rainbow Factory Of Love? That is such a stupid name and so cheesy.”

“Apparently some kids went missing inside,” Lyra said as she kicked a rock into the water. “Before it was an amusement park, this area was a mental hospital. Most of the buildings were just reused for offices here for the staff.”

A loud tapping sound made us all tense up as Rainbow grinned from the controls, pulling a lever and all the lights came on.

“Don’t ever do that again,” Mystery Mint grumbled as she flipped Dash off. “You believe in ghosts Sunset?” Rainbow laughed as she shut the lights off and stepped out of the booth, closing the door with a thud behind her.

“No. They’re fake and made up to scare people. Even back home I’ve never believed in them.”

“I believe in them,” Pinkie said as Rainbow stood in front of the ride.

“Wanna know why this ride is considered the scariest?” Rainbow asked with a grin as she walked up slowly. “Because everyone who goes in never comes out!”

Red eyes appeared behind Rainbow and Pinkie gave a terrified scream.

“Rainbow Dash!” We all shouted and pointed behind her as she spun around.

“Gah!” Rainbow screamed as the red eyes got closer and Rainbow burst out laughing as she high fived Vinyl. “I can’t believe you all fell for that. Nice job Vinyl.”

“Not funny,” I grumbled and folded my arms across my chest.

“For real Dash,” Mystery scoffed as she nudged me. “Sunset and I looked like we were about to beat some ghost up for you.”

“I didn’t believe it was a ghost,” I interjected as Vinyl finished laughing. “I thought it was a giant animal or an alligator.”

“With red eyes?” Lyra pointed out with a grin.

“Shush,” I said as the machine turned on and I jumped. “Really Dash?”

“That wasn’t me,” Dash said slowly as I looked at her standing next to me before I looked back at the empty booth as a lever was pulled. “What on earth?” All the lights came on as we all raised an eyebrow.

“What the hay?” I muttered and ignored the fact I slipped back into Equestrian curse words to the confusion of the others.

“How is that happening?” Bon Bon asked hesitantly as she and Lyra hugged each other nervously.

I stepped forward and placed a hand slowly on the door handle.

“Sunset I wouldn’t-” Mystery Mint began and reached out to grab my shoulder.

I opened the booth door and stepped inside as I examined the controls. I stepped back nervously once I realized there was no way for the controls to move on their own. Hesitantly, I reached out a hand as I felt cold and shuddered, shutting the ride off as the lights shut off.

A cold breeze blew past me and I spun around as the door slammed open and shut as the others all gave me terrified looks.

“Behind you!” Pinkie screamed and pointed as I continued yanking on the door to open to no avail. I let go and spun around and my jaw dropped as I stared at the floating white specter behind me.

“Run!” Mystery Mint shouted as she ran up and started yanking on the door from the outside with Rainbow.

I inhaled and let out a scream as the door opened as the two girls yanked me out and we all three stumbled back onto the ground.

“Oh my god!” Bon Bon shouted as she, Lyra and Pinkie pulled us to our feet. For probably the first time in my life, I think I felt true fear. And based on her expression, so did Pinkie. Her face had gone white as we all stepped back.

“We should probably run now,” Lyra noted as I nodded weakly.

We all spun around and ran as I dragged Bon Bon behind me.