• Published 9th Nov 2023
  • 1,472 Views, 97 Comments

Well, This Is Unexpected - TheKing2001



After being defeated at the Fall Formal, Sunset is one hundred percent convinced she's going to be the most hated girl at school. If only she knew how wrong she was.

  • ...
6
 97
 1,472

Chapter I

I nervously stood in front of my school with it’s freshly rebuilt entrance. It had taken me, Snips and Snails all week end to rebuild it but oh well. Not like I had any other plans.

I wasn’t entirely sure why I even came back. I can guarantee the second I step through those doors, I’ll be given dirty angry looks and pushed around. Not to say I don’t deserve it because I totally do. I treated people here like absolute shit.

Vandalizing Rarity’s chances of the Spring Fling, lying about Lyra and Bon Bon dating, ruthlessly bullying Fluttershy, destroying Watermelodys paintings, vandalizing Trixie’s magic shows just for a laugh and separating the school by groups like a dictator.

Celestia, I really was a bitch wasn’t I? I guess if I don’t like going here anymore, I can always drop out or transfer schools. There might be one in the city I could go to.

I inhaled, pushed the doors open and stepped through, preparing for the worst. Everyone stopped and stared at me as I looked down, walking forward.

“Hey Sunset!” Someone called out from down the hall.

“Hey girl, how’s it going?”

“Looking good! That skirt suits you.”

“Where did you get your jacket?”

I slowly raised my head in confusion as I kept walking. The other students were smiling or waving as I walked past them. This wasn’t the reaction I had expected. Where were the rotten tomatoes? The she demon comments? The physical assaults? The things I deserved?

All the way to my locker, I got the weird compliments or smiles. I sighed and opened my locker as a pink haired girl jumped out.

“Gah!” I screamed and flailed my arms out as I toppled backwards into Applejacks arms.

“Woah girl! Careful, ya almost fell!” Applejack said as she pushed me back to stand upright once again. “Pinkie, don’t go scaring people like that. Ya coulda hurt her!”

“Okie dokie lokie. Hi Sunset!” Pinkie giggled as she extricated herself from my locker. “How are you? Are you excited to be back at school? I bet you are!”

Each question she leaned in closer and closer till our noses were touching and I stared into her bright blue eyes for a moment.

“Darling, you’re smothering the poor girl! Give her some room!” Rarity snapped as she put her hands between us and forced Pinkie away. “I do apologize for her. She can be quite excitable.”

“It’s okay,” I mumbled as I glanced at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy standing behind Rarity as Rainbow stared at me.

“Hey how’s it going?” Rainbow asked with a smirk as she leaned against her locker. “You did good on the entrance. Not as good as I would have done, but close.”

Applejack groaned as she facepalmed and Rarity rolled her eyes in frustration as Fluttershy shot Rainbow a glare.

“I’m okay I guess. Uhh how are you?” I asked nervously as Rainbow shrugged and bounced a soccer ball she had held under her arm on her foot.

“Awesome as always! Don’t be just okay, be spectacular!”

I raised an eyebrow slightly as I turned to face my locker, hanging my backpack and purse up.

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked as I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. “You’re being, well quiet and not talking.”

“Just confused I guess is all,” I admitted as I grabbed my science book along with a few pens, pencil and a notebook for taking down notes.

“About what?” Applejack asked as she rummaged through her bag and procured an apple. She rubbed it on her shirt before examining it and taking a bite.

I inhaled as I looked at the other girls faces. They looked surprisingly concerned, especially since I almost killed them a few days ago. That isn’t necessarily the reaction of people who almost got killed. If anypony should be mad at me, it should be them out of the entire school.

“It’s just everyone is being nice to me,” I admitted as I rested my hand on my locker.

“How is that weird?” Rainbow inquired as she quit playing with her soccer ball and held it under her arm. “They’re being friendly is all.”

“Exactly!” I snapped and spun around as they recoiled. “That doesn’t make any sense! I was a bully, physically hurt people for years, sabotaged them, broke up your guys friendships, mind controlled the others and tried to kill you five! You should be furious at me, pushing me around, insulting me. Where’s the rotten tomatoes to run a pony out of town?”

The five shared stunned looks as Rainbow burst out laughing.

“Seriously? Run you out of town? This is high school, bullying is expected!” Rainbow said as she continued laughing. “It’s kinda stupid to be angry at you for being just a normal teenager in a high school.”

“I-what?” I muttered as Applejack squeezed my shoulder.

“We were a mite annoyed ya tried to kill us but in all honesty, ah reckon if that was our time then so be it. The school is a bit more friendly than ya are willing to give credit. Besides, ya could use a friend.”

“She’s right,” Pinkie jumped in with a grin. “We were all there. The whole school. We heard you say you don’t know the first thing about friendship. So we all decided to teach you and now you have a whole building of people as your friends!”

“And animals too,” Fluttershy added softly as she unzipped her back pack to display a few smiling dogs and cats.

“We really don’t care or judge about pasts boo boos here darling. What matters now is the future and using the second chance you’ve been given.”

“Rarity is right,” Rainbow said in probably the most serious tone I’ve ever heard as I stood there in stunned silence. “So what if you bullied people? Half the people in the world have bullies at the school and not all of them change themselves. But you did with help. Helping you is what’s right. Even Trixie agreed to help you and this is Trixie we’re talking about. Trixie!”

“Trixie heard that!” A voice shouted out of a classroom as a few people laughed.

“Now come on, let’s get to class. Cranky is not too happy with people showing up late, no matter who they are,” Pinkie chimed in as she grabbed my hand. “Hope you can run fast!”

“What do you mean-waaagh!” I screamed as she took off down the hall and I had to give a few awkward steps before I could run with her.

Well, this is unexpected.