• Published 1st Oct 2012
  • 7,248 Views, 380 Comments

Blur - Slingshot619



When Scout finds himself in Equestria, things can only go from bad to worse.

  • ...
32
 380
 7,248

Chapter 5: "Heavy" Burden

So, Scout X Rainbow Dash wasn't enough? You want more. Okay, i'll try, all this romance isn't easy you know. Who would you like to see cross over next? Demoman? Spy? Soldier? Medic?


Scout could only stare in shock. He was happy, but still confused. Heavy runs over and gives Scout a bear hug, nearly crushing him to death.

"It's good to see you to big guy."

Scout looked at him, he noticed that Heavy had hair. He was missing something crucial. Scout noticed that his gun, Sasha was gone.

"Uhm, Heavy. What happened to your gun?"

Heavy looks to his side, expecting to find the gun. Instead, he had nothing. He stared breathing heavily, slowly getting faster and louder. Scout backed up and braced himself. Instead, Heavy let out a hearty laugh and wiped tears from his eyes.

"What?"

"I is left Sasha back at base."

Scout breathed a sigh of relief, at least he didn't have to deal with an upset Heavy.

"Let us go back now."

Heavy turned. He was expecting to find the portal, instead he got a nice view of nature. Heavy stood there stunned.

"Uhm, I think we should go now."

Along the way, Scout asked an important question.

"Uhm, who got you here?"

"Engineer."

"So, how's the team doing?"

"Very well."

Scout kept silent. He hadn't expected Heavy or any other of his Teammates to cross over. But he was glad nonetheless that he had company.

Scout pulled the Heavy along. All the while, Heavy looked around in amazement. Scout needed someone to give him a tour. Someone who could handle him if he got mad. He thought for a while and decided Fluttershy was the way to go. Scout pulled Heavy to Fluttershy's cottage. He knocked on the door, and Fluttershy came out. She stood there and gasped at the huge pony on her porch.

"Uhm, uh, i, uh." Fluttershy mumbled

"Flutters, this is Heavy. Heavy, this is Fluttershy."

Heavy let out a huge laugh and slapped his knee.

"You are so small! It's funny to me!"

Scout backed up and took off. He didn't want this to get any awkwarder. He soared through the skies and landed on a cloud, ready to take a nap. He tossed and turned for a while. He tossed once more and felt his nose rub another nose. He opened his eyes to find Rainbow Dash staring back at him. Her face was slowly turning red, Scout couldn't help but feel blood rushing to his face too. Eventually he heard his brain call to him.

Yo, earth to Scout. GET UP!

Scout jumped up and hovered in the air. Rainbow did the same.

"What do you think your doing?" Rainbow asked

"Takin' a nap."

"On my cloud?"

"On your cloud? Funny, I don't see your name here."

Rainbow Dash looked at him with hatred. Scout knew that Skittles already had a crush on him. He had s smug look on his face.

"Give this cloud to your boyfriend won't ya' Skittles?"

SMACK!

Rainbow stormed off. Leaving Scout with a huge slap mark.

Totally worth it

Scout lounged on his cloud. He hadn't meant to leave Heavy. He had questions for him. But Scout felt like Heavy needed to adapt to this world before Scout could ask questions.

Scout felt hungry. He pulled a can of Bonk! out of his pack. eyeing it. Under normal circumstances, Scout would only use this in emergencies. But Scout truly did not give a shit. He popped the can and drank. He admired the scenery, he decided to go check on Heavy. Only a few minutes had passed but Scout was bored. He made his way to Fluttershy's.

Scout knocked on Fluttershy's door. Fluttershy answered the door. He saw Heavy in the living room taking a nap.

"I hope the big guy isn't any trouble."

"Oh no. He's quite the sweetheart."

Scout looked at Fluttershy with a "Huh?" look. He asked again.

"Uh, Flutters. You sick?"

"Oh no, i'm perfectly fine."

Scout raised an eyebrow. He backed up again, quite surprised that Heavy hadn't punched the house down. He took another sip from his can of Bonk! and sped off. He soared the skies, and saw Rainbow on a cloud. He flew next to her and offered a challenge.

"Care for a race Skittles?"

A grin appeared on Rainbow's face. She was ready. Scout took another sip of Bonk! and threw the can away. He prepared.

"On my mark." Rainbow said.

Scout buzzed his wings.

"Get set......"

Scout crouched.

"GO!"

They both took off, Scout had the upper hand at first, Rainbow caught up to him seconds later. They were neck and neck, Scout squeezed every bit of energy out of his wings and flew as fast as he could. When they crossed the finish line, they couldn't believe it. It was a draw. Pinkie Pie sat there doing commentary on what in the hay just happened.

"OHMIGODYOUSHOULDSEEYOURSELVES!YOUGUYSWEREASFASTASBULLETSICOULDNOTSEEYOUGUYSATALL!"

Scout simply sat there and asked a simple question.

"So, who won?

"It was a draw!"

Rainbow Dash and Scout couldn't believe their ears. They had never been tied before in a race. They looked at each other and growled.

"Rematch!"

Again and again they got draw after draw. They both simply gave up and headed off. It was evening, the sun was going down. Scout headed for Fluttershy's cottage to go get Heavy.

When he arrived, he entered and found Heavy giving Fluttershy a pony ride. Literally. Scout stood at the door and raised an eyebrow. Fluttershy hopped off Heavy. Scout continued looking.

"Sooo, you ready to go now Heavy?"

Heavy looked sad, he didn't look like he was ready to leave. Scout took this into consideration, and an idea sprang to life.

"Why don't you stay here for the night Heavy?"

Heavy's eyes lit up. He stared at Scout for a moment before closing the door. Scout heard laughter and cheers come from behind him.

Heavy sure is excited.

Scout stopped and looked at the moon. Wondering if he'll find happiness and joy quite like Heavy's.


So, what didja think? I know, might be a little random and quite confusing, but things will look up.