• Published 6th Sep 2023
  • 4,474 Views, 536 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Ice Age - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike, along with Gabby and Gilda, are transported to the time of the Ice Age to help a mammoth, a sloth, and a saber tooth tiger return a human baby to his people.

  • ...
8
 536
 4,474

Baby Blues

The cold, icy wind of the Ice Age blew heavily through the air. The Neanderthal tribe, among them Jon Snow, Ghost, and the Equestria trio trudged through the snow across the valley. Following the sabretooth attack earlier that morning, the collective group attempted to track the tiger pack down. Sadly, they’d since lost the trail and the search didn’t last very long.

A dejected Runar determined it was best to lead his tribe to Glacier Pass, a place where their people had a settlement just beyond. The tribe marched across the snow with their wolf pack as the two stallions, the changeling princess, the warrior, and his direwolf followed from the rear. Quill Cast still rode atop Ghost’s back as Atalanta and Curtain Call walked alongside them. The concern upon their faces was as clear as the morning sky.

“Does it still hurt?” Atalanta asked her fiancée.

“Kind of,” Quill replied. “It’s getting better.”

“Can you walk?” Curtain asked.

“I can try.”

Quill Cast slowly adjusted himself upon Ghost’s back and slid off the giant direwolf. The moment his hooves touched the ground, he tried lifting his own weight. A sharp pain hit his abdomen and the stallion released an uncomfortable grunt as he hunched over. Ata and Curtain were about to reach out to help, but he held up his hoof.

“I’m fine!” He groaned. “Just give me a minute.”

Atalanta and Curtain remained in place, despite wanting to come to their friend’s aid. The pair waited as Quill slowly regained his strength and slowly stood back to his full height again.

“Ain’t no saber claw sharp enough to take me out,” Quill spoke defiantly. “Neither any Wendigo nor evil creature lurking out there.”

Atalanta rolled her eyes over her fiancée’s arrogance but gave a smile over the fact he was still himself. This was the stallion she truly loved.

“Just don’t push yourself too much,” She warned. “It might not kill you but a claw to the abdomen still has its effects.”

“No worries, babe,” Quill assured her. “I’m alright.”

Regardless of his assurance, however, Atalanta still remained at his side to offer any support just in case. Curtain Call approached their side as they slowly caught up with the remainder of the tribe. As they ventured on, they noticed Jon making his way toward them with a smile upon his face.

“You certainly seem to be doing better,” Jon commented.

“I’m not easy to kill, Jon,” Quill smirked. “You know that by now.”

“After all the battles we’ve been through together, I know that all too well,” Jon retorted.

“Guys… you may want to come see this!”

The group turned toward Curtain Call, who stepped away from the path and now stood in the middle of the snow. They made their way toward where he stood and looked down into the snow. A trail of prints seemed to lead off into the mountains toward Half Peak. Except these weren’t sabretooth pawprints. They actually bared a strong resemblance to ‘human’ footprints; however, the strange thing about them was how they morphed into something… monstrous.

“Oh… crud!” Quill Cast groaned.

<>

Elsewhere, Twilight Sparkle and her group made their way up the cliff, leaping from rock to rock. They had committed to returning the human baby to his family, much to Manny’s reluctance. This cliff was the only thing that stood between the group and getting the child back to his herd in the village. They made it a few moments after the mammoth and the sloth, the village now being a few steps away.

But if recent encounters had taught them anything, they had no idea how these humans would react to seeing oddly colored ponies with extra appendages and the ability to speak (Neither did it help they’re in the company of a dragon, a pair of griffins, a mammoth… and even a sloth). Their interaction with the late mother was brief, and the baby, being so cute and innocent, was hardly bothered to be in their company. It was how the rest of this tribe would react, what kind of people they’d be returning the child to, that left the group concerned. So much so, they initially stopped to consider their options before ultimately deciding to advance forward. Manny, however, refused to wait.

“What are you doing? Just drop it on the ledge.”

Not wanting to drag the mammoth’s patience further, Sid placed the baby up along the ledge. A few seconds in and the baby started to crawl back toward the village. But this didn’t really sit well with the rest of the group.

“Should we make sure they found him?” Sid suggested.

“That’s a great idea, Sid,” Gilda remarked slyly. “Thank you for volunteering.”

“Oh, no! No, no, no, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! AAAHHH!!!”

Against the sloth’s will, Gilda picked up Sid in her talons and hurled him onto the ledge. Screaming in panic, the sloth shielded his arms in defense, ready for the worst.

“DON’T SPEAR ME!” Sid screamed, closing his eyes.

Quickly racing toward the defenseless sloth, Gabby quickly landed before the sloth and landed in front of him.

“Wait, wait! Don’t hurt him!” Gabby cried out. “We come in peace; we’re just trying to—huh?”

Gabby stopped when she saw something up ahead. Removing his own hands from his face, Sid looked toward the griffin’s direction and the sloth himself was surprised.

“Oh, this is a problem,” Sid murmured.

“What is it, Sid?” Twilight Sparkle called out.

Twilight Sparkle and the remainder of the group climbed toward the ledge to investigate what was going on. The moment they turned toward their friends’ direction; their own eyes widened with shock. They had found the campsite, but instead of a warm welcome the whole area seemed to resemble a disaster area. A few of the tents were either abandoned or torn apart. The ground was littered with supplies, footprints of the residents were seen in every direction. A campfire had since been reduced to nothing but a smolder of burnt wood. But there was not ‘one’ trace of a human being to be seen. Manny was the last to join the group, but when he eyed the scene with annoyance.

“Aww, that’s perfect,” Manny grumbled.

“Oh my…” Fluttershy gasped, in shock.

“Boy howdy, just look at this place,” Applejack looked around. “It’s messier than Sweet Apple Acres after a family reunion.”

“What happened here?” Spike asked. “You don’t think—”

“Spread out,” Twilight Sparkle instructed. “Search for survivors.”

The group proceeded to scan the camp for any trace of human society left. The baby crawled ahead through all the clutter, when his eyes spotted a necklace of sorts handing along a line. He tried to reach up to touch it, but it was high. When the child tried to stand, he tripped into a bowl. The baby was still crawling when Sid and Pinkie Pie spotted him.

“Hey, wait up, baby!” Pinkie Pie called out. “This is no time for hide and seek!”

Pinkie and Sid ducked down, or in this case leaned back, to avoid the line hanging over them. They smirked, especially Pinkie Pie who saw it as like a game of limbo. The pair looked back, not watching where they were going and…

WHAM!

Sid took one step on a stick, sending it up and smacking him in the face knocking him out. Pinkie Pie eyed the fallen sloth, then at the stick, then back.

“Wow… that’s one of the oldest forms of slapstick in history,” Pinkie Pie observed, then pondered. “Except… would this be considered new since we’re in the distant past? Huh… I’m sure it’ll catch on in a couple decades or so.”

As for the others, they were exploring the remainder of the camp or at least inspecting what was left of it. But with the destroyed tents and scattered objects, it was then they truly realized that the humans were gone. Though whether they had moved on or were killed they didn’t know. Manfred stopped upon the baby, who stumbled upon the very bed he had slept in the other night. Somehow, it reminded the child of his mother, cuddling with it before turning to Manfred and the ponies.

Manfred looked down toward the baby somberly, as the baby slid into a basket again and watched the others. The Equestrians felt sorry seeing the baby stumble upon all of this, but none more so than Spike. It pained him seeing this child reaching his home, only to be very much alone. Whether this child was aware of it or not, something terrible had happened here, and there was no way of knowing if his family was still around. At least this kid must still have a family somewhere in this world, if only they knew where to look.

The momentary silence didn’t last very long when Diego the sabretooth leapt in. His paws crushed the bed the baby slept in not long before.

“I told you they were gone,” Diego reiterated.

“Well, look who it is,” Manny replied. “Don’t you have some innocent animal to disembowel?”

“I’m afraid Diego’s right, darling,” Rarity sighed. “There’s no pony here. The entire camp is completely deserted.”

“I’ve scanned every inch of this camp left and right, there’re no bodies,” Twilight Sparkle confirmed. “It’s possible they’re still alive. Now the bigger question is how to find them.”

As the Equestrians attempted to figure out what to do, Sid moved back and forth around the camp pointing in all directions. The Equestrians eyed Sid with annoyance watching him attempting to figure out where the humans had gone.

“They couldn’t be far,” Sid said, looking around. “I mean, they went this way, or this way?”

“You don’t know much about tracking, do you?” Diego voiced irritation.

“Gee, what gave it away?” Gilda asked rhetorically.

“Hey, I’m a sloth,” Sid shrugged, breaking a stick in half. “I see a tree, eat a leaf, that’s my tracking.”

“Unfortunately, he’s not wrong,” Fluttershy agreed reluctantly. “Even if the humans survived all this, they could be miles away by now. We might never find them.”

Diego rolled his eyes and sniffed the ground carefully. He picked up a stick, examining it carefully. He was clearly pretending to look for clues, but he was very careful not to give it away.

“You didn’t miss them by much,” Diego observed. “It’s still green. They headed north two hours ago.”

The sloth picked up the sticks he had broken and stuffed them in his cheeks.

It’s still green, they headed north two hours ago,” He mocked.

Diego worked his claws in the ground but was careful not to let the mammoth or any pony else see.

Honestly!” He thought internally. “How am I going to get the baby if this stupid sloth, mammoth, and these other creatures are around?

To determine whether the sabretooth was bluffing or not, Rainbow Dash hovered up toward the sky as the others looked on. Gilda followed and eventually caught up with the rainbow-haired pony, hovering together as they squinted toward the northernmost distance. Although it was practically a slight spec, they could see some figures heading toward the direction Diego indicated. They could only guess that it was the humans.

“He’s right!” Rainbow Dash confirmed. “They are definitely on the move. I’ll bet one of them has to be the kid’s parent.”

“Then why are we wasting time?” Gilda retorted. “Can’t you just swoop the kid and hoof-deliver him to those humans?”

“Are you kidding? I could get that done in ten seconds flat.”

“Wait!!!”

Just when it seemed Rainbow Dash and Gilda had it all figured out, Fluttershy of all ponies came between the pair with a hint of concern on her face.

“You shouldn’t just fly the child toward his family that way,” Fluttershy advised. “We might scare him, or he could fall mid-flight.”

“Aw come on Flutters!” Rainbow Dash groaned. “I thought the idea was to return the boy to his family and be done with it!”

“I do want to see him reunited,” Fluttershy argued. “But we should think about this. They’ve never seen creatures like us before; who knows how they’ll respond to us?”

“Oh, give me a break!” Gilda groaned. “We could be rid of the kid in a matter of seconds, and you’re talking to us about safety? If you ask me, you just want to keep the kid around us because you’re growing attached to it like it were a pathetic, wimpy puppy!”

Under normal circumstances, Fluttershy would either bend down to such a confrontive nature or be heavily intimidated by the griffin. There was no mistake that she was still scared of Gilda, but she did not leave. Instead, she took a deep breath and attempted to take the more assertive approach.

“Gilda, I don’t think you realize how severe this situation is,” Fluttershy spoke calmly. “From what we know of this tribe based on the camp alone, they are hunters and gatherers. If the boy’s father is part of that tribe, think about it from his perspective. He sees a pony with wings or a creature whose half-bird and half-cat carrying his child in the sky, he may assume the worst and think we’re endangering his son.

“These humans are a primitive race in this period. Any creature they meet that either could pose a threat or is something out of the ordinary, they’ll instinctively assume the worst and attempt to kill you. But if you’re still willing to risk endangering yourself, then I ask you… am I wrong?”

By the time Fluttershy was finished, even Rainbow Dash was surprised by the forward nature of her winged companion. Gilda was speechless after that lengthy speech, surprised that all of that came out of the very same pony she reduced to tears long ago. Gilda felt the urge to say something snappy, object to it, even roar at this pony’s face for such defiance. But then she took one look toward Rainbow Dash, then toward the distant herd, then down to the ground where the baby was… and sighed in defeat.

“You ponies really give me a headache,” Gilda groaned, floating down.

By the time Gilda made her way toward the ground, Rainbow Dash slowly turned toward Fluttershy who gave a sigh of release as she watched Gilda land.

“Wow Flutters,” Rainbow Dash gasped, impressed. “Just when I think I know a pony, you surprise me sometimes.”

Fluttershy cheeks merely flushed as she gave a light smile before making her way to rejoin the group. Rainbow Dash was the last to make her landing, but she was coming down a little too fast. She landed upon a stick which propelled an abandoned fish into the air like a catapult launch. It flew in the air for a few seconds before it flopped right onto Manny’s face. Rainbow Dash, seeing the scene, tried to control herself… but she burst out laughing and fell back. Even Spike laughed at the scene and joined Rainbow Dash while Manny looked on with annoyance. While they were fighting for control, Diego stepped close to the baby, claws hooked around its diaper. But this hadn’t gone unnoticed.

“What’re you doing?” Twilight Sparkle asked, suspicious.

“You don’t need this aggravation,” Diego reasoned, eyeing the group closely. “Give me the baby. I can track down humans a lot faster than you can.”

“Heh-heh… hey, wait a minute!” Rainbow Dash realized, frowning. “That’s exactly like my plan… only not as cool as mine.”

Diego’s plan, however, didn’t seem to work for the mammoth either. Instead, Manny pulled the baby away from the sabretooth while every pony else looked toward Diego with suspicion.

“And you’re just a good citizen helping out, right?” Manny replied skeptically.

“Alright, wut’s the scam?” Applejack questioned, raising a brow. “Yer gonna run off with the baby, leaving us stranded here in Celestia knows where. You drag the little boy miles across the sleet and snow, and yer gonna leave him to rot?”

“We’re sorry Mr. Diego, but we’ve only just met you,” Gabby added. “How can we trust that your intentions are noble?”

“I just know where the humans are going,” Diego replied, pulling the baby back to him.

“Okay… where are the humans going?” Spike crossed his arms.

“Glacier pass,” Manny replied. “Everyone knows they have a settlement on the other side.”

“Then that’s where we’re taking the child,” Twilight declared, drawing the baby back.

Diego could tell just how stubborn these creatures were based on their tone. As annoying as they were, they outnumbered him and so he needed to keep his cool.

“Well, unless you know how to track, you’ll never reach them before the pass closes up with snow,” Diego said. “Which should be like tomorrow. So, you can give the baby to me, or go get lost in the blizzard. It’s your choice.”

As much as the group hated to agree with the sabretooth, he made some good points. They were able to piece together that the humans were going north because of what he said and the settlement at Glacier Pass was that direction. The problem was: They had no idea how far they’d be able to get, if flying and teleportation were out of the question. Whether or not Diego was lying about the snow blocking up the pass by the next day, time was not exactly on their side. And yet, the idea of leaving this child with a predator known for eating small creatures like him… that left them uncomfortable.

All eyes turned toward Manny, nervously wondering what he’d have to say. They watched as Manny proceeded to lift the baby up in the air, swinging it towards the saber. Diego opened his mouth to grab him, and the Equestrians thought he was willing to give him away. But much to their surprise… he swept past the cat and instead carefully handed the baby to Sid. The group sighed with relief, perhaps thinking this mammoth wasn’t such a jerk after all.

“There’s your little bundle of joy,” Manny declared, avoiding the tiger. “We’re returning it to the humans.”

“Ooh… oh, thank you very much, Mr. Manny sir!” Gabby clutched her heart. “Maybe you’re not such a bad guy after all.”

“Don’t mistake this for some act of kindness,” Manny warned, walking ahead. “Once the baby is back with the humans, you’re on your own.”

“… And there it is,” Spike sighed.

Diego merely growled realizing that whatever he was planning was foiled by this mammoth. While several of the Equestrians made to follow Manny, Sid turned towards Diego with a smirk.

“Awww, the big bad tigey-wigey gets left behind,” Sid mocked. “Poor tigey-wigey…”

Diego glared at Sid with a low growl, ready to bite his neck. Until…

“Sid, Tiger-Wigey is gonna lead the way,” Manny corrected.

“WHAT?!?!” The Equestrians reeled back.

While the group were shocked by Manny’s announcement, Sid turned toward Diego, who merely smirked toward the sloth. Realizing what a mess he was in, Sid waddled towards the mammoth.

“Uh, uh, Manny, can I—can I—can I talk to you for a second?” Sid smiled nervously.

“No!” The mammoth snapped. “The sooner we find the humans, the sooner I get rid of Mr. Stinky Drool-face… and the baby too.”

“Yeah, he’s definitely talking about you,” Gilda teased Spike.

“… Seriously!” Spike frowned.

Manny proceeded to walk on with the others in toll, Twilight flapping her wing on Spike’s shoulder as they joined the rest. Sid stood there nervously with the baby in his arms, as Diego slowly walked towards the sloth.

“You won’t always have ‘Jumbo’ around to protect you,” He warned. “And when that day comes, I suggest you watch your back, because I’ll be chewin’ on it.”

“Ahem!”

Diego turned toward Applejack, who stood before the pair with her front hooves folded.

“Yer wanted up front where we can see ya, Mister Uber-tracker.”

Diego gave a small growl and slowly walked ahead to the front. As Applejack followed the sabretooth, this left Sid with a nervous smile on his face.

“Help me.”

<>

Ultimately, the group determined that their best choice of action was to permit Diego to be their guide to Glacier Pass. The trust issues toward the tiger were clear; however, they kept it to themselves. They hadn’t gone very far, however, when the baby Roshan started to cry. The little baby kept whining for what felt like hours and not once calmed down for a minute.

The sun had begun to set, and the group were beyond annoyed with Roshan’s crying. Sid carried the baby the rest of the way, trying to calm him down. But no matter how much he tried, it was proving no good and the group were at their wit’s end.

“Ugh, he’s been like this for hours!” Spike clutched his head. “My ears are bleeding!”

“No kidding!” Rainbow groaned, covering her ears.

No pony else could deny this fact: Whatever was bothering Roshan, even though they didn’t know it was his name, it was putting the kid in a very bad mood. Sid nearly dropped the baby but was able to get a better hold of him… only now he was upside down.

“Oh, you got to make it stop,” Manny moaned. “I can’t take it anymore!”

“I’ve eaten things that didn’t complain this much!” Diego frowned.

“Sid, could you please be gentle with him?!” Fluttershy asked worriedly.

Poor Roshan was so upset he began kicking Sid in the face a few times.

“I’m trying!” Sid grunted. “He won’t stop squirming.”

“Yer holding him wrong!” Applejack warned

“Watch his head!” Twilight shouted.

“Just put it down!” Diego groaned.

“Jeez, ‘Pick him up, put him down…’” Sid gibbered, muttering with annoyance.

Carefully, Sid placed little Roshan on a big, flat rock along his back. Diego, Gabby, Gilda, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie approached the boy, trying to determine the kid’s needs.

“Hey look!” Gabby noticed. “His nose is dry.”

“That means something’s wrong with it,” Sid pointed out.

“Someone should lick it,” Diego declared, staring at them. “Just in case.”

“Ugh! No chance, flea bag!” Gilda protested. “There’s no way one of us would do that.”

“I’ll do it,” Sid volunteered.

Sid was about to pick up the baby when suddenly…

“Hey, hey, wait!” Twilight Sparkle interrupted. “He’s wearing one of those baby diapers.”

“So?” Sid asked, his tongue out.

“So… if he poops, where does it go?”

The group eyed each other with disgust, realizing the possibility. Sid slipped his tongue back and there was a momentary pause in the air… until Roshan resumed whining. Sid, not liking the sound of it at all, pulled him away.

“Humans are disgusting,” He frowned.

“I second that,” Rainbow fluttered away. “Count me out.”

“Okay, you,” Manny shoved Sid. “Check for poop.”

“Hey, why am I the poop checker?”

“Because returning the runt was your idea,” Manny scowled in his face. “Because you’re small and insignificant, and because I’ll pummel you if you don’t.”

“Why else?” Sid muttered.

“NOW, SID!” Manny demanded.

Without further argument the sloth did just as he was told, and the group gave him some space. Manny scowled toward the rest of the group.

“Anyone else?” He inquired madly.

Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight shook their heads. Spike and Gabby looked toward the sky whistling, while Diego and Gilda backed away slowly. It was then Applejack shoved her marefriend forward.

“Rainbow, help him.”

“Me?!” Rainbow complained. “Why do I have to do it?”

“May ah remind ya that some pony once said she’d prove to be good with kids?” Applejack pointed out. “And that pony is you.”

It was true Rainbow Dash did recall that way back when. But the thought still made her cringe and for a moment she didn’t even say a word. In her head, she really didn’t want this to happen.

“Or am ah wrong?” Applejack’s eyes narrowed. “Tell me ah’m wrong, and ah’ll apologize right now. Hmm?”

“Is that a threat?” Rainbow squinted.

“Sounds like it,” She snapped back.

“… Nope, sorry A.J.,” Rainbow turned away. “I’m not gonna do it.”

With a huff, Rainbow Dash aimed to fly away without a care. But Applejack refused to tolerate such an attitude.

“Let me make this clear, Rainbow!” Applejack declared loudly. “If ya don’t get yer flank over here, there will be no ‘special activities’ for a week, if ya know what I mean.”

Now that was enough to draw Rainbow Dash’s attention. Not liking the sound of that, she zoomed back toward her marefriend.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Rainbow shook worriedly.

“Yes, ah would,” Applejack smirked, before giving a serious stare. “Now quit bein’ such a sap and help Sid. Now!”

It was very rare for Rainbow Dash to see her marefriend so fed up. But eventually, she cast her gaze down with a defeated sigh.

“Only cause it’s you,” Rainbow grumbled.

The rainbow-haired pony trotted toward the sloth. She didn’t look back to see Applejack giving a smug look. To say the others were shocked was quite an understatement. Even Manny the Mammoth was surprised.

“Wow,” He gasped, before snapping out of it. “Okay, that makes ‘two’ poop checkers. Who else wants to do this?”

“Ooh! Ooh! I’ll do it!” Pinkie chirped happily. “I’ve got fresh diapers with me… in case of diaper emergencies.”

“You do?” Manny asked, confused.

“Yes sirree! Why I’ve been taking care of my baby boy Lil’ Cheese at Ponyville, even Mrs. Cake’s kids way back. These diapers I have in my mane should fit Roshan perfectly.”

“Why didn’t you tell us that was his name before?” Twilight Sparkle questioned.

“You never asked!” Pinkie shrugged, pulling out a diaper from her mane. “Will this work?”

Seeing the proof held in the grinning pony’s hoof, Manny’s surprise only grew by ten-fold. He was unsure how this pony was doing it, but something told him he’d get nowhere with asking.

“Okay, that’ll work. Go right ahead,” Manny insisted.

“Thanks, Manny! You’re a pal!” Pinkie chimed, hopping away.

The remainder of the group proceeded to make some space for the volunteers. Sid began the process of removing Roshan’s diaper, which proved very unsatisfying for him. Rainbow and Pinkie were right beside him and the feeling was understandable mutual.

“Ew! Yuck! EW!” Sid moaned. “I mena, my goodness.”

“Disgusting!” Rainbow faked gagging.

“Ugh! I think I’m gonna be sick!” Pinkie mumbled, her face turning green.

Fortunately, it only took seconds for Pinkie to quickly place a fresh diaper on the baby while barely looking.

“Phew! All done!” Pinkie Pie peeped.

As for Sid, he picked up the dirty diaper and started running in random directions. The group stared in horror as the sloth was waving the diaper toward them.

“Alright, look out, look out, coming through!” He spoke.

“Watch out!” Manny screamed.

“Don’t let it touch me!” Rarity shrieked.

“Watch where you’re swinging that thing!” Gilda yelled.

“Stop waving that thing around!” Diego shouted.

“Ooh! Ooh, I’M GONNA SLIP!” Sid cried.

The sloth was running towards Manny now, and he shared a brief look toward Pinkie and Rainbow before hurling the diaper into the air. Rainbow Dash flew around raising her hooves up.

“I got it!” Rainbow Dash called.

She paused in the air toward where the diaper was flying… and deliberately let it slip through her open hooves.

“Oops!” She spoke smugly.

The dirty diaper flapped open, landing directly on Manny’s face before he threw it off.

“Yuck!” The mammoth grunted.

“It’s clean!” Sid laughed.

“GOTCHA!” The sloth and two ponies mocked.

Soon, the three were bursting out laughing as the other ponies looked toward them with annoyance.

“Oh, man!” Pinkie spoke, through laughter. “You should’ve seen the looks on your faces!

Oh, don’t let it touch me!” Rainbow mumbled, imitating Rarity. “Oh, man! That was priceless!”

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were rolling around laughing their heads off alongside the sloth. The moment was short-lived, however, when Manny bonked Sid on the head, while Applejack smacked the back of Rainbow’s head, and Twilight doing the same to Pinkie Pie.

“Will you/ya cut it out?” Manny and the ponies groaned.

The baby actually giggled over their facial expressions, but the moment they recovered he was crying again. The others noticed it and found it intriguing. It was then they had an idea.

“Hey, do that again,” Diego grinned. “He likes it.”

This time, Manny hit Sid again, Rarity hit Rianbow, and Spike did so to Pinkie Pie.

“Sorry Pinkie,” Spike apologized.

“I know mama…” Pinkie Pie spoke dizzily. “No desserts till I eat my rock soup…”

“It’s making me feel better too,” Manny smiled.

“I’m not one to engage in repulsive activity,” Rarity admitted. “But I must agree.”

Sid and Pinkie stumbled toward Diego and Gilda.

“Here, you hold it,” They muttered dizzily.

Diego and Gilda smirked before giving a smack to Sid and Pinkie respectively. Roshan giggled and decided to slap Sid’s face too. But Sid, with one stern look, grabbed the baby’s hand stopping him before placing him back down. As Roshan started wailing again, Diego shoved the sloth aside.

“Here! Turn him towards me!” Diego instructed, covering his face. “Where’s the baby? There he is!”

The moment the sabretooth uncovered his face, Roshan stopped crying.

“Hey! It’s working!” Gabby chirped.

“Where’s the baby?” Diego repeated. “There he is!”

Unfortunately, this only made the baby resume crying… in terror.

“Or not…” Gilda frowned.

Annoyed, Manny shoved Diego aside.

“Stop it, you’re scaring him!” Manny berated.

“Well, now what are we supposed to do?” Spike asked. “We tried cleaning him; we tried making him laugh. What are we missing?”

All eyes turned toward the baby trying to determine what to do. But as the baby bawled his eyes out, he suddenly stopped. A gurgle from his stomach soon brought everyone’s attention.

“I get it!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “You’re hungry, aren’t you? I’d be a grumpy pants too on an empty stomach!”

“Okay… so, what do babies like him eat?” Gilda asked.

“How about some milk?” Manny suggested.

“Ooh, I’d love some!” Sid answered.

“Not you, the baby!” Diego frowned.

“Well, I ain’t exactly lactating right now, pal!” Sid spat.

“You’re a little low on the food chain to be mouthin’ off, aren’t ya…?!” Diego argued.

While Diego and Sid argued, Gabby looked at the baby, tapping her beak in thought.

“Hmm… what do baby humans eat?”

Gabby reached into Pinkie’s mane and presented the baby with a variety of food she pulled out.

“You like cupcakes?” Gabby asked sweetly. “No? Well, there’s… pizza? Donuts? Griffon scones? Muffins? OOH! How about cookies? Everyone loves cookies!”

But baby Roshan simply grunted and shook his head, refusing each one.

“I don’t think he’s got the teeth to eat hard stuff,” Gilda told Gabby. “We’ll just have to chew them and spit them into his mouth.”

“Ew! No!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “That’s disgusting!”

“What?” Gilda shrugged. “It’s how griffins feed their chicks.”

“Gilda… in case you forget, this is a baby ‘human’,” Spike emphasized. “I don’t think he’ll like being fed like a griffin.”

“You’re one to talk!” Gilda argued. “You’ve grown up eating pony food; who are you to judge?”

Now that was all Spike could stand… and he could stand it no more.

“All right, what is your problem?!” Spike snapped. “You’ve been giving every pony nothing but beef since you’ve came on this journey, and it’s getting on my nerves!”

“News flash! I never wanted to come on this trip!” Gilda argued. “You dragged me into this!”

“All right guys let’s just calm down,” Twilight Sparkle approached. “I know we’re all tired—”

“Oh, I am WAY past tired, Twilight!” Spike shook off. “I can’t stand this anymore! I’ve tried being patient with Gilda; I’ve tried to be the bigger dragon for Gabby’s sake. But now all I want to know is ‘when’ is it ever going to stop?!”

“You got a problem with me, just say it!” Gilda dared.

“All right… fine! I can be honest! Rainbow and Pinkie said you all made up after choosing to save them over some idol! But you’re still that rude, short-tempered griffon who busts her own party! You think you’re so cool, I wonder if you even learned ‘anything’ about friendship!”

“You… don’t… know me! If I’m so cool, how come I can barely hold a conversation with Greta?!”

Tired and stressed from all the arguments, together with the baby’s crying, Manny finally lost it.

“ENOUGH!!!”

The mammoth’s shout echoed all around the group, and all became silent again. Suddenly, a rustling from nearby drew every pony’s attention. Before their eyes, a watermelon rolled out right from a nearby bush.

“Food!” Everyone shouted.

Manny picked up the melon and was about to take it to the baby. Suddenly, the head of a dodo bird burst from the bush and snatched the melon away. The dodo scurried off, squawking like crazy, leaving everyone confused.

“Uh… what just happened?” Gilda asked.