• Published 27th Mar 2023
  • 2,813 Views, 174 Comments

A canterlot wedding - Aiko-Arts



Not everything we saw at the royal wedding was the only thing that happened that day.... At her brother's wedding, after chrysalis sends her to the cave, twilight loses consciousness and has a vision, a dream in which she meets a nine-tailed beast

  • ...
12
 174
 2,813

Free Reins! a friend in Distress

"Free Reins! a friend in Distress"

CH10 Friend or foe? between ice and fire!


"Where are we really going?" Spike asked, he was in a seat on the train looking out the window, Oh for all the ponies, the events of the last few weeks have been a walking disaster, and more so for a certain lavender pony who has to keep herself hidden for her sake, a clothes , a hat and a magic Anti-detector on her were perfect to keep her concealed

"I haven't the slightest idea, I just know that we'll be arriving at Apple Loosa soon!" The lavender pony replied, it had barely been about 7 hours since the train boarded, Honestly Zecora was a great help, they almost ended up stiffer than Discord in stone, "You know what this reminds me of Spike?"

"Nope, But we'll be arriving at Apple loosa soon! and I'm really hungry a lot...but with recent events I'm losing my Appetite" Spike replied, he had a Power pony comic book in his hands.

"I wish I could go back in time, can you imagine?" Twilight asked with a giggle, as she looked at her younger brother with a big smile.

"Back to the past, haha! That only happens on these cuties!" Spike said as he shoved the power pony comic book in her face to show her "And you're not going to deny it Twi!" he finished.

"Shh! keep your voice down...besides, it's not impossible, I'm sure...I think I had read about a time spell in the Starswirl books!" She replied as she took the comic book from Spike and put it in a small suitcase.

"Hey!...I didn't finish reading it" Spike said defeated as he tried to retrieve his comic, too late...it was already put away in the small suitcase and on top of that he was interrupted by the interlocutor.

"Down at Apple Loosa station 13, arrival time 9pm" The interlocutor said with a mini microphone.

"We had to get off anyway" Twilight said while taking her small suitcases "So I win" She said while placing the small suitcases on her back.

"Aw, no fair..." Spike said, then following Twilight towards the exit of the train, soon they were already leaving the station, the guards didn't even notice thanks to the illusion spell Twilight created, Disguises on yeah! Spike comments that the disguises Twilight made with her chakra were cool, right?" he asked. "The costumes are cool...Kurama is cool."

"I'm sure he loved your comment" Twilight said with a mocking tone.
'Shitty comments...say thanks to the dragon, I like him' Kurama said, only Twilight heard him, it's impossible to hold back the laughter if you have a giant fox making mocking and funny comments all the time

"Well?" Spike asked me as he walked along with Twilight.

"Let's just say...he liked you" Twilight said with a big smile "Kurama says he likes you" Twilight finished saying.

"Good! The Power Pony trio is ready!" Spike said excitedly.

"Power pony trio?" Twilight and Kurama asked in unison.

"Ehh, there are more ponies or creatures missing to complete the 6 warriors, actually 5! But Count him anyway, though...you and Kurama are one, he's inside you, he's your source of living energy! "Spike said excitedly, how he would give for his comic to come true, to fight supervillains and...wait, they had already fought villains.

"Easy, but...we're fine the two of us, we're a duo, a great team, although, you're right, there are 3 of us" Twilight said as she walked beside Spike, he swaying happily, they both kept walking until they heard a couple of screams

"You want me to beat the crap out of you idiot!" someone said from behind as he punched the other one.

"I'll pay you next month!!!, just give me a 30 day span" The other said in a lower tone while rubbing the bruise they had given him.

"Should we intervene Twi?" Spike asked with concern.

"Help? I'd like to, however we can't or we'll get in trouble too, besides...if they find us it'll be worse for us" She replied in a sad tone, but something snapped them out of their minds, suddenly the smell of fire flooded their nostrils

"F-Fire?" They both asked at the smell.


"I have no choice..." A voice said in a tone devoid of hope.

"Now you say you have no choice, you should have thought better of it...releasing Discord won't be the right thing to do, indeed, I doubt it" This time, a slightly colder voice spoke, answering that other voice

"Luna, Discord may be our only hope in the face of the new threat that is emerging in the north" That voice spoke again.

"Celestia, I honestly don't know what to think, do you remember what happened last time?" Luna said coldly but wistfully as she walked towards the balcony.

"It won't happen again..." Celestia said in an authoritative tone as she tried to remain calm, both alicorns stared at each other coldly before luna spoke.

"Yeah, however look what happened with Twilight, you should convince yourself instead of promising, it happened the same with Sunset Shimmer, I remind you that that...didn't end very well last time" Luna said before flying off the balcony into the sky.


"O-hey, what do you think you're doing?" Twilight asked as she ran up to the pony.

"What are you messing with!" The pony responded still with the bat in his magic, he looked furious, next to him was a creature that had a bruise, these two caused a heartburn sensation to Spike and Twilight.

"I butt in because you are causing a disturbance" Twilight said with a bit of anger, however she was trying to remain calm, spike was next to her as she watched the scene, her anger increased more as she heard what he replied to Twilight.

"Oh yeah, don't be nosy, that jerk owes me rent money, you better leave you idiot" That pony replied with ego and anger.

"Still, that doesn't give you the right to hit him!" Spike said angrily.

"WHAT ARE YOU MESSING WITH YOU BLOODY DRAGON!" As he said this, the creature lying next to the enigmatic pony stood up, revealing himself to be a dragon.

"You, how dare you talk to my brother like that!" Twilight asked angrily, however this anger increased when she saw that the creature the pony was hitting was another dragon "You're a discriminator, leave that poor dragon alone!" Twilight said angrily as she approached the dragon to help him.

"You dare to insult me and defy me!!! you damn mare you are going to pay for this!" that strange pony said with a great fury and approached Twilight to hit her but spike used his fire to push that pony away.

The pony screamed in pain, his hoof was set on fire, a harmless but devastating green fire because of the emotions of anger that Spike had, Twilight looked at the old pony writhing in pain, when she looked back at the dragon she saw that he had a big bruise and several scratches on his skin.

"HELP!" soon the man's screams drew the attention of the distant villagers who came running and were alarmed to see the scene, some of them called the police and the nurses as they looked at the two strangers in fear

"S-spike...hide behind me" Twilight said as spike ran and hid behind Twilight's cloak, these seeing the people approaching decided to run, Twilight grabbed the dragon with her magic and took him away.

"Catch them!" A policeman said from afar as he called the patrols and they attended to the injured pony, however Twilight didn't listen and kept running.

"Hey girl, what do you think you're doing, I could handle my account!" That dragon said as he tried to break free from Twilight's magical grip.

"Really? you looked like you were in trouble" Spike said with concern as he hugged Twilight tightly to keep from falling.

"You...Are you an Idiot or what, because of you we are now being chased by the police" The dragon said between gasps and with a great anger.

"Are you rude or what, you should say 'Thanks for saving me from that cranky old pony', don't you think?" Twilight asked with a forced smile.

"And what's a pony doing with a dragon!!!, what's more, I don't even know who the hell you are 'Stranger'" That enigmatic dragon said as he tried to break free from Twilight's magical grip for the second time, to no avail, spike just watched as that Dragon tried to free himself and said.

"You know it won't work right?" spike said as he looked at it with concern and slight indifference.

"At least I tried" The dragon replied angrily "Now, who the hell are you and what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Let's just say I'm someone very hated now by several ponies, just like you, so we're on the same terms Dragon" Twilight said as she turned to look at him, they both just looked at each other coldly, but Twilight turned to see where he was going

"That's not an acceptable answer, what could I expect from ponies, they're idiotic knuckleheads" He said as he turned around "Release me now!" The dragon demanded

"You want us to release you and let you drift away with all those cops chasing us?" Spike asked sarcastically as he pointed to the sky and down the road, the dragon's eyes widened like saucers and then he looked at Spike sharply

"You know, it wouldn't be such a bad idea" Twilight said with a cold but sarcastic tone 'Let him burn at the stake if he wants to' Kurama said in Twilight's mind, it still kept surprising her that he would do that, it happened rarely, but they could connect, their thoughts and chatter were interrupted by the dragon's voice

"I take it back princesses" The dragon said reluctantly.


"How can they possibly not find her!" A voice echoed throughout the royal police center of the Canterlot guard.

"They must find her fast, the captain will be very furious" a voice was heard from behind as he arranged the armor on the rack.

"And what do you think we do Hope, first we were given an attack, a coup, not done on purpose by the princesses, but by Princess Celestia's pupil, oh my god, who is also our captain's sister, turns out Princess Cadance wasn't her all this time and was a green old rapist wanting to take over the kingdom, the captain's sister goes crazy and wanted to murder the real one...YOU KNOW WHAT, I give up, this whole thing gives me a headache!" The pony responded to his comrade with despair, the events of the last 2 months were something the ponies wouldn't stop talking about, the reporters and newscasters were silent on what had really happened

"Daring Charm, I would agree with you, but we can't say or express anything regarding the subject, right now Equestria is suffering from a political crisis, our captain is doing everything he can, the last thing we want to do is mention his sister-" Hope's words were interrupted by the sound of the doors opening.

"What are you talking about?" The pony who had just entered through the large doors asked with a slight tone of sadness.

"Captain Armor!. nothing important" Another of the ponies who was behind said with a forced smile.

"Cap Cap, do you need anything?" Daring Charm said trying to evade the subject as he looked at his other comrades in a pleading tone for help.

"A vodka, or a tequila...give me anything and I'll be fine" His captain said as he sat down on the couch in the royal guards room.

"Aye aye captain, however I don't think that's the best option" A stallion said from behind him as he tried to calm his friend Daring Charm from his possible anxiety crisis

"Flash, I asked for a favor not an opinion or demand" The captain replied as Hope handed a glass of Tequila to this one himself.

"We're glad to see you again...we haven't heard much from you since she..." He paused for a few seconds before speaking again "She disappeared."

"Cotton Brief is taking care of it...I...no, I couldn't do anything about it" The captain said as his eyes turned red and he began to sob "I was a fool!" he said through tears, Daring Charm and Flash along with other comrades looked at Hope with mild anger.

"Sorry" Hope said trying to calm down the bad vibes and energies that he himself had generated.

"No problem Hope...but actually, there is a serious and important problem" Shining said while he continued drinking his tequila, everyone looked at their captain with enigmas, what did he mean by serious and important problem?

"Captain...are you talking about Chrysalis or...her?" Flash asked with concern.

"No, it's something much more severe and urgent, that could easily mean the end of the Princesses' monarchy" Captain Armor said while walking in circles, you could see how he was stressed and worried about the situation "King Sombra..has returned"."


Near Dodge City, in a forest at night lay 1 pony, and 2 dragons, after what happened in Appleloosa the guards took matters into their own hooves, 3 intruders near Canterlot, very suspicious and more so for what had just happened.

"Well, now will you tell me who you are!" Jahrsmaug said angrily as he tried to get up from the floor "I had enough of a chase... and" Jahrsmaug paused to take a breath of air.

"We're both running away okey?!" Twilight said stressed, not wanting to hurt the dragon at Spike's request "Give me your arm..." Twilight said with the bandage in her hand.

"You still won't answer my question pony..." The dragon said as he gave Twilight his arm, Spike came back with a slightly broken map, but it still worked "Hey! that's mine" Jahrsmaug said.

"Well, I retrieved it from your bag, you wouldn't mind if I borrowed it for a moment, would you?" Spike asked as he approached Twilight and Jahrsmaug, Jahrsmaug only replied with a grunt "Well, thank you very much!" Spike said with amusement

"Don't move" Twilight said as she cleaned Jahrsmaug's wound and placed the bandage on his arm "Ready!" She finished saying.

"Don't think I'm going to give you a thank you" This one said as he walked away and walked southeast.

"Don't go east or south, that way the police are around" Spike said with a grin, Jahrsmaug's growl could be heard and he headed northwest "That way either, we ran into wild animals, and I thought there were only wolves in ponyville" Spike finished saying, jahrsmaug stressed and burned a tree branch.

"I'm not staying with you pair of brainless strangers" He said with fury, soon that emotion disappeared as he heard the howling of a wolf "Why does something always stop me?" He said with stress and fury and returned to the enigmatic creatures that had 'saved' him from the police.

"Good!" Twilight and spike said with a smile, "Help us with the tent for camping" Twilight said in an amused tone as she grabbed her backpack.

"When did you get that?" The dragon asked her as he walked over to her and grabbed that backpack.

"Magic..." She replied nonchalantly, "Spike!!!, go get some branches, we're eating malvadis today and we need them" Twilight said like a commander in an amused tone.

"Yes Captain Sparkle!" Spike replied not realizing that he had given a clue as to who they were, at this point, the vast majority of Equestria already knew them and knew what they had done.

"Sparkle?" Jahrsmaug asked wryly, Twilight's eyes widened like saucers, "I think I've heard that name before" he said as he pulled things out of the backpack to set up the tent.

"You heard wrong old man" Spike said trying to hide his nervousness, he quickly went to get the branches, everything was silent, now the world seemed to vanish, Jahrsmaug and Twilight looked at each other for the last time before building the tent, after a while the tent was already assembled and Spike had already arrived with the branches for the campfire, suddenly he took out a Power Ponies book.

"Power ponies?" Jahrsmaug asked with curiosity and amusement.

"Yes! they are the best fictional superheroines!, Masked Matter-Horn swept away with her lightning, she is really awesome, but not as awesome as..." Spike and Jahrsmaug said the following in unison.

"Radiance!" They said in unison, Twilight watched as they were amused so she joined the conversation

"The Power ponies?, spike had a huge collection of them at home, he has all the volumes of the Power pony comics" Twilight said as she sat down with them.

"Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked Power Ponies, everyone hails Masked Matter-Horn or Zapp, even Mistress Mare-Velous for her powers, but Radiance's powers are better, she can create anything" Jahrsmaug said with a smile as he talked to spike about his favorite superheroine, after a while they became friends, who knew the grumpy one could become friends with Spike, Spike wasn't much for telling his favorite things, even with Twilight's ex-friends he didn't make much of a connection in such a short time.

"You know what kiddo? I like you, we could be friends" Jahrsmaug said happily as he fist bumped with spike.

"That would be great!" Spike said with a smile, the talks continued under the starlight at night, it was so late that they went to sleep, however there were several ponies worried, one about what would happen next and another worried about threats, at the end of the day, it all became an absurd and recurring theme. But there was still something Jahrsmaug was wondering about, soon it all clicked in his head, everything was starting to make sense, from the chase to the enigmatic but very revealing names of the pony and the dragon.

"Twilight sparkle...who knew I would find a fortune right in front of my eyes?" someone said from behind some trees in the forest, "The game is about to begin" this creature said and then faded into the shadows.

Author's Note:

5-4 months later!
---
Spike: I love power ponies!

Jahrsmaug: Me too!

Twilight: At this rate we'll get there when the world comes to an end!

Jahrsmaug: Your little friend is a bit of a party pooper.

Twilight: What did you say, you bastard?!

Jahrsmaug: Careful, I'm delicate, my fire would barely make you roast pony meat!

Spike: Hehe, I think we're going to die!

Jahrsmaug: Yeah sure *punch*.

---

Jahrsmaug: Next time we'll be speechless.

Me: Sure 'bout that