• Published 27th Mar 2023
  • 2,813 Views, 174 Comments

A canterlot wedding - Aiko-Arts



Not everything we saw at the royal wedding was the only thing that happened that day.... At her brother's wedding, after chrysalis sends her to the cave, twilight loses consciousness and has a vision, a dream in which she meets a nine-tailed beast

  • ...
12
 174
 2,813

Regret

"Regret"
CH10 - Regret is stronger than gratitude


"Is that really what happened?" Zecora would ask still in shock at what he had just heard.

"Twi, even for Zecora it's hard to take in!"

"Don't worry Spike she's going to be- Fine?" Twilight finally realized it was very sudden, like having a giant fox inside you and that you're more powerful than the princesses of the sun and moon, Celestia and Luna.

"Twi! when you turned into pinkie pie?! you literally broke the fourth wall" Spike said as he watched Zecora still in shock.

"It should be figuratively" Twilight said as she approached Zecora to see if she was okay.

"Ah? oh, I don't know!" spike would say as he bit his nails.

"Then you have to leave quickly" Zecora said suddenly.

"WOAH, first you and now zecora?!"

"Spike- we don't have much time, the guards will realize we're here, they won't believe zecora, at some point they'll come again, and the punishment zecora will get, will be Treason"

"Twi, I doubt very much that they want to lock you in the dungeons, shiny wouldn't do this."

"Sometimes we don't know others well, even our own families, they do it for money or fame."

"If your brother is from a good family, then he must be loyal, I have some backpacks in my room that I can give to them."

"Well, I have an invisibility spell that will help us sneak out, but if the Princesses are there they will detect my magic, we will have to be cautious" Twilight said

"Twilight, I have some herbs that make magic undetectable, even to an alicorn" Zecora said as she reached into a box.

"Huh? wait, and how do you know that?" Twilight would ask.

"A celestial pony came by a while back, she asked me to give her more power and she wanted no one to know where she was going to be" Zecora would say

"Trixie..." Twilight would mumble

"when searching the everfree forest I found some herbs as she described them to me, she knew what they looked like, I think she had a book from Canterlot, I know because I have traveled there several times to buy medicine and experiment" Zecora would answer.

"The book that was stolen a while ago! It was a book from the secret chamber of the library, it's private, only those with authorization can enter, I can't believe trixie would do such a thing" Twilight said sorting the pieces in her memory.

"And how do you know it's her Twi?" Spike would ask as he looked at Twilight, Zecora meanwhile listened intently.

"Trixie ran away into the forest that day I humiliated her, I guess it was her, zecora- that pony had a grayish Cyan mane with grayish Celeste and she had a wand with cutiemark magic?" Twilight asked still knowing the answer.

"Oh for Celestia" Spike would say realizing what he just said "Sorry Twi".

"It's not your fault" Twilight would say.

"Here it is, this are the herbs that you could use for make your magic undetectable" Zecora would say showing the herbs to Twilight

"When you- oh good!"

"Just let me make the potion, it will be ready in 15 minutes" Zecora said

"Sure!" Twilight and Spike would say in unison


"Good afternoon Princess Celestia, Princess Luna" ??? would say

"Good afternoon Cotton Brief, it's a pleasure to see you again despite the circumstances" Celestia said, while luna glared at her sister and the pony that had recently appeared

"I was called for a mission, what is it exactly?" Cotton Brief would say.

"Your mission is to return Twilight Sparkle to Canterlot, we don't want you to scare her and force her to go back" Luna would say.

"But if it is necessary then you must do it" Celestia would say, Luna would just stay quiet 'Remember your position'.

"Your Majesties, my search team and I will do our best to find her and return her to Canterlot, but what if she goes feral, she could attack others" Cotton Brief would say as his team nodded their heads.

"That won't happen, I trust my student, despite what happened" Celestia would say.

"Do you really trust her now, well it seems like at the reception you didn't, sis" Luna would ask Celestia 'Hypocrite'

"Luna, remember your position- Cotton Brief, I know you will not come out of this mission harmed, more if you are an elite detective-guard" Celestia would say.

"Yes majesty, I assure you I will not fail" Cotton Brief would say bowing goodbye, "Let's go" Cotton brief would say as he and his guards left the room.

"Now you trust your student don't you, what a hypocrite you are, you left her aside when she needed it the most, if you hadn't done that we could have avoided what is happening right now!"

"Luna! You don't know what you're talking about! I did it for my subjects!"

"For your subjects? You only care more about your crown and your image in front of others, but you never really cared about them!"

"Luna! Remember you-"

"Remember my Position? I'll make it clear that it was thanks to Twilight that we are still alive, and do you want me to remind you why I became Nightmare Moon? or have you already forgotten like you always do?!"

"Luna! understand I didn't mean to, Twilight was acting too possessive! she only complained that Cadance was bad, but she had no proof- and don't bring up the issue of what happened a thousand years ago!"

"I guessed it! the reason I became Nightmare Moon was for the same reason I am now, you act like an idiot! you're not capable of defending your own people! you're a mask! you don't care about others! you only care about yourself! when are you going to get it?!" Luna said yelling

"Luna! your selfishness blinded you! and if i acted like that in front of my subjects it was so they wouldn't care about the problems we had, i tried to help you but you didn't accept my help, i tried to save you! i tried to reason with you but you never did it with me!" Celestia said

"You were never a good leader Celestia! you were never a good queen, you are just like the other politicians! you only care about your image! and nothing else! if you excuse me I have to go, I have to go check on the citizens!" Luna would say as she walked through the hall to the exit.

"Luna! I-" Celestia was about to finish her sentence, but she saw that Luna was already gone "I'm so sorry..."


Meanwhile Twilight and Spike were putting their things inside the backpacks that Zecora lent them, Zecora helped them put them away and also watched that no guard could see them.

"Spike would say, then Twilight would approach Spike.

"What do you have that won't fit?" Twilight would look through Spike's suitcase and find several comics "Power ponies? You have several comics and volumes? Why do you carry so many?"

"OH! they're not just comics! they're superhero comics! plus when you weren't there shining took me to the convention and signed one of the comics for me! they're really cool!"

"If you say so, but why did you take a bunch of books?"

"They're not for me, they're for you, you love books, so I picked your favorites!"

"Aww Spike!" Twilight was so happy and would hug spike.

"It's really nice that despite everything you're still together, but I think we should go, I see some guards coming" Zecora would say, then Twilight would put the quilt in her backpack and close spike's backpack and hers.

"Come on spike!" Twilight would say, spike would run to Twilight and sit on her back.

Then she would hear them try to open the door. "Oh damn, is the potion wearing off?" Twilight would ask as she got into a fighting stance.

"I think so" Zecora would say.

Kurama! Wake up!

'Mew shut up, what's the matter?'

'I think they found us, can you help me-'

'Say no more'

Twilight would be surrounded by an orange aura, the mantle of kurama, then the door would burst open.

"Twily?!"

"Shining? You- what are you doing here?!" Twilight would say when she saw who it was up close.

"Twilight I'm so sorry I really screwed up I should have listened to you I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, I-" Shining would reply approaching Twilight.

"Shut up! Did you just come to apologize? or to take me back to canterlot?! because I don't believe you at all..." Twilight would say and kurama's cloak would disappear.

"Twily I really feel guilty! and I want to make it right" Shining said as tears ran down his cheek.

"Shining..." Spike would whisper as he watched his brother cry.

"Twilight? what are you going to do now?" Zecora would ask seeing how Twilight's brother was feeling.

"I- I don't know...shining, are you serious? you left me that time, you promised to take care of me and all you did was take me away from you! I never thought my own brother would do something like that to me."

"Twily! I'm really sorry, I know you don't want to see me, but- we all miss you, we all feel sorry, it's not your fault" Shining would say, Shining would try to give Twilight a hug but Twilight would reject him "Do you...hate me? I-"

"Shining just let it go! nothing is going to change my mind, I gave so many chances that I find your apology so vague, I need to think about it, I don't hate you- but I don't love you anymore, you are just another pony to me"

"Shiny, I'm really sorry, but this time I agree with Twi." Spike would say from the back.

"Spike...you too?" Shining would ask seeing how his brothers saw him as just another pony.

"Shining, I've got to go, the train's about to leave."

"Will you at least write me?! where will you go?!" Shining would say between sobs "I know I wasn't a good brother but don't leave me, I feel sorry, I know you have your own life and that I was a fool, but don't go, Mom and Dad...you know how they'll feel? you and spike are very important to them, Twily please I-"

"Shut up! you know where I'm going? to a place where they can never find me! I need space, I want adventure! I wanted some real friends, a kind and loving mentor, a brother who would trust me!" Twilight would say, spike and Zecora would leave the library because spike was feeling bad.

"Twily... if that's what you want, that's what you'll get, I just hope you're okay" Shining would say trying to wipe away tears.

"Save your words because they won't help, show it with actions! not vague words" Twilight would say "I hope you are happy with your new life, shining" then Twilight would walk out of the library.

'I really was a bad brother' Shining had a look of hopelessness on his face, he had lost his siblings.


Twilight and Spike were about to enter the train.

"Zecora, I owe you one, thank you so much for your help" Twilight would say still red eyed from all the crying she had done.

"Don't worry Twilight, it's what I would do for a friend."

"Won't you join us?" Spike would say.

"No...I'm needed here"

"Suddenly we're passing through Zebrica and you can say hello to your friends and family."

"They're dead, Zebrica is going through a bad economic situation, it happened after the coup, they killed several, and there's a lot of vandalism."

"Zecora, I- I didn't know that, I'm so sorry for your loss."

"That happened a long time ago, you don't have to worry Twilight, and where will they go?"

"We showed the map to Kurama! He told us that Hagoromo told him the answers were in the Land of the Hippogryphs!" Spike said cheerfully.

"Hagoromo is that lord who revived or helped Twilight? the god?" Zecora would ask.

"Yes!"Twilight would say excitedly, she was eager to learn new things.

"Woah, it's a long journey the land of the hippogriffs is farther than the north where the missing empire was" Zecora would say whispering, but Twilight would hear her.

"An empire?" Twilight would ask.

"They are legends, but it is said that in the old days there was an empire called the Crystal Empire, one day their Princess died and the empire was ruled by a king with an iron hand, a tyrant, the Princesses used the elements of harmony to defeat him, we don't exactly know the full story of what happened to the princess and how that King knew about dark magic" Zecora said.

"That's awesome! It's just like in my comics!" Spike would say

"Haha it's true!"

"THE TRAIN IS ABOUT TO LEAVE!" You would hear the conductor say

"Ow I guess we're leaving" Spike would say.

"Come on spike! get on" Twilight would say getting on with him.

"Twilight, I don't want you to feel bad about what happened later" Zecora would say before the train moved forward.

"Don't worry, after all...regret is stronger than thankfulness" Twilight would say as the train moved on.

"I guess you're right! See you Twilight!" Zecora would say

"See ya!"

Author's Note:

I decided to upload the chapter up to where I left off, the situation is still not calm, but that doesn't have to stop me from writing, besides I love writing and it de-stresses me, I guess I can upload a chapter a month if I set my mind to it.

I hope soon to get out of this situation to give you weekly chapters and the story becomes interesting.

Goodbye!