• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 7,598 Views, 109 Comments

Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation - Dan The Man



In the year 2012, Equestria is discovered. The United Nations reacts swiftly.

  • ...
38
 109
 7,598

8. P.O.W.

8. Scene – Cloudsdale Guardhouse

(Kinsman and Locon sit in a white, marble-like cell in one of the countless stable-based buildings of Cloudsdale. The cells are remarkable for having no bars or grating, as outside, two Pegasus Guards stand in an atrium-shaped room with a direct archway into the blue sky, who know full-well that only they can stand on the cloud ground outside the cell’s marble square without simply falling through. Both airmen are still very shaken up about the whole affair, yet try to communicate with the Pegasi, not fully realitzing that they are Pegasi)

·Locon: I ask you a last time: What is going to happen to us?

·Guard: *very grudgingly* Silence!

·Kinsman: You do not have a right to shut us up, GRUNT! As Prisoners Of War, we have a right to demand to speak with our Guards! Where is your commanding officer, soldier?! I want to speak your CO!

·Guard: *snubs them bluntly* Be quiet! Both of you!

·Locon: *nudges Kinsman and corrects* Technically, there is no war. So I don’t know how it would go for us.

·Kinsman: *rubs his face* We’d have to speak with an enemy officer about that. But *points at the guards* depending on what the hell those guys are, they may as well have never spoken to humans. I mean, it’s a miracle they even understand us! But if they are as remote as I think they are, it means there won’t be any diplomatic talks, agreements, extraditions, prisoner exchanges or anything else to help us out of here. We may as well be ‘cast away’.

·Locon: But the CDF or somebody will notice that we’re missing, right? He’ll send out search parties. But not for us only, but for the pencil battalion on the ground, too.

·Kinsman: *scrabbles closer together with Locon notices how one of the guards looks at them suspiciously; whispers* Yes, but I can think of how it will work: They’ll fly here, looking for us, but find the diplomats, who hopefully managed to make deals with whomever they have decided to meet down there, said ‘whomever’ might know of those *points at the guards* things, upon which they’ll hopefully locate us.

·Locon: Doesn’t exactly sound foolproof… we’re so dead. *sits back in worryings, then remembers* But what about Jane, Flogg Off? He must’ve para’d all the way to the ground. He can possibly contact the diplomats!

·Kinsman: *buries his face in his hands once more* Without a map?

·Locon: Yes… no. *sinks back in cynical despair*

(Suddenly, two other Pegasi land outside and walk into the station. It’s Rainbow Dash, who brought Derpy along because, since the incident earlier this morning, she decided to stick to Rainbow like a burdock. The guards assume a respectful and proud position in front of the hero of the day)

·Guard: *half-jokingly* Ten-shun!

·Derpy: *somehwat bashful* Hey thanks, guys.

·Guard: *ignores Derpy; to Rainbow* Have you come to see them?

·Rainbow: *jollily victorious* Yeah, I was just curious. The ponies on the main square are talking, ya know…

·Guard: *looks at the prisoners* Well, I can see why… Come to attack Cloudsdale and then they start making demands to me, Can you believe that?

·Derpy: *goggles at the two airmen* Wooow, they really do look creepy.

·Locon: *whispering to Kinsman* Wow, that one squinting over there really does look creepy…

·Kinsman: *nudges him roughly; under his breath* Shut it, Mallard! I think the rainbow-coloured one is some kind of authority. Ill talk to her.

·Rainbow: *replies to Derpy* Don’t they? *joins her in gawking through the nonexistent jail bars* Hey, you two in there. How do ya like Cloudsdale now?

·Kinsman: *affably to Rainbow* Er…, yes. Lovely. Very much, in fact.

·Rainbow: *continuing her sarcastic charade* Didn’t quite meet your expectations. Didn’t it, flatface?

·Kinsman: *unsure* Well, depends on how one defines seeing it from a prison cell.

·Rainbow: *annoyed; drops masquerade* Cut it out, wise guy! What were you trying to do to Cloudsdale in that contraption of yours?! Couldn’t have come up here without it, huh?

·Kinsman: Listen; we were not on our way to ‘Cloudsdale’, if this really is it’s name. Secondly, we did not try to attack any one; we were attacked. Thirdly: We are, apart from the fact that we nearly died beforehand, being locked up in here without trial or sentence.

·Rainbow: *no-nonesense* What, are, you?

·Kinsman: We, are, humans. You know what humans are?

·Derpy: *gasps* Whoah, humans? Like from the bedtime tales? Do you really live under the earth and eat foals for breakfast?

·Kinsman: *smiles confusedly* Nnnno…

·Derpy: *disappointed* Aaaw!

·Rainbow: *quite impressed herself* So you are real humans? Where did you come from? I didn’t know you exist in Equestria.

·Kinsman: *confused as ever* No… we are from Australia. You know where that is? *reads Rainbows bedazzled face* No, I didn’t think so. Well look, where we come from, we are soldiers. Just like your two gruff friends there.

(Receives unfriendly looks from the Guards)

·Kinsman: And I, as an officer, would require to talk with their commander or another authority to parley about our release. *sees Rainbow’s blank look* … Please?

·Derpy: *cutting short Rainbow’s reply* Ha! You wish it’ll be so easy, don’t you? Well you just wait. You’ll have to deal with Princess Celestia herself first!

·Rainbow: *to Derpy* I think that’s whom they wanted anyway.

·Derpy: Oh?

·Kinsman: I am sorry, did you say ‘Princess’?

·Rainbow: *proudly* Yes, Princess Celestia herself wants to take a dander at you ‘humans’. She might also wonder why you have a grudge against my hometown.

·Kinsman: But… but we don’t have a grudge against your hometown! We swear, we were just passing over that large cloud formation… that appears to be your hometown… thinking it was a bad weather – region.

·Rainbow: Well, why did you burn Strong Jim’s tail off?

·Kinsman: Who is that? *realises* Oh, you mean that other Pegasus soldier? Well, he was trailing our aircraft. And then started to damage it. We were even trying to scare him away without using lethal force.

·Guard: *raises eyebrow* That’s not what’s he told us! He said you tried to use fire spell on him!

·Kinsman: Now, those were countermeasure flar… *face palm in realisation; smiles* Oh, now that explains a lot. It was all a misunderstanding, then?

·Guard: You tell that to somebody who cares, flatface.

·Kinsman: You stop calling me that. I am a commissioned officer.

·Locon: *rubs his face tiredly* Lay it off, Flogg Off.

·Rainbow: Yeah. *giggles* “Flogg Off”?… gosh you really are strange dudes, aren’t you?

·Derpy: *joins in, laughs* “Flogg Off”, bwahaha! You are really funny, you know that?

·Locon: *snarks back* Well, and you need glasses for those eyes of yours.

·Rainbow: *laughs, and so do the guards, much to Derpy’s discomfort* Hah! Those guys might be okay after all?

·Kinsman: *leans forward optimistically* Does that mean we can go?

·Rainbow: *falls back to being stern* No! The law is the law. You and your creepy giant metal wood cutter have seriously messed up Cloudsdale for the day! Have you seen those holes in the ground? We can’t just let you run off scot-free! Somepony could’ve got seriously hurt! Why do you think Princess Celestia is coming here? Because we didn’t have something like you here since… ever!

·Kinsman: All right. So we will talk to your Princess. We can clear this all up easily, I’ll promise.

·Rainbow: Just wait and see. She may be kind but she is not naïve. *turns around to talk with the guards*

·Derpy: Yeah, she is a really tough one! You’ll see.

·Locon: At least we can. *smiles broadly*

·Derpy: Hey! I can see totally splendiferous! You… human! *turns around, feigning offence*

(Concluding Music Cue)