• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 7,593 Views, 109 Comments

Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation - Dan The Man



In the year 2012, Equestria is discovered. The United Nations reacts swiftly.

  • ...
38
 109
 7,593

15. Crazy Gods

14. Scene – Zecora’s hut

(Jane had dragged himself though the forest for hours. The only possibility he saw was to retrace his steps after landing his parachute. Somewhere near the area of impact, he must have lost his emergency radio and location kit, which was included in the parachute equipment. He had to go back to find it and contact the reinforcements ASAP.
He ultimately found the parachute, still hanging in shreds in one of the trees. However, none of his equipment, that should have reached the ground, were to be found. Had someone collected it during his absence? The two horses who saved him, perhaps?
Disgruntledly, he continued along the small dirt path. Through a small field of awkward, bluish flowers. He paid no further attention to it. Soon, however, he spotted a small hut, which strangely resembled southern African settlements. He saw that smoke rose out of the chimney hole; somebody had to be in there.
He hides behind a nearby bush, and trains his gun at the entrance. Should anybody exit it, he would be automatically in advantage. Then, suddenly, bushes started moving to his right. ‘Not this time’ he thinks, and aims, willing the pull the trigger at the smallest proof that it had seen him first. However, a zebra came out, passing him without noticing him. She immediately skips onto the path, and empties her small pouch in front of her front step. She had prepares some small tools next to the entrance, such as a hammer and a chisle. With her snout, she digs around in the little heap of findings, grinning with deep satisfaction)

·Zecora: Soon, my wondrous instruments
I will find out with careful sense,
How you ever came to be
Lying near the highest tree…

(She picks up a strange sort of capsule with her mouth and delivers it unto a nearby chopping block)

·Zecora: Like a firework you are shaped

Though never at a thing like you I gaped.

The tar so clearly poured in form

Then coated by the orange horm.

(She proceeds to smack a small mallet upon the capsule, causing it to burst and split into two)

·Zecora: And now black powder flowing out
That makes the shining lights fly ‘bout.

(From behind his cover, Jane realises; ‘Fireworks? Tar? Orange horm? Shining lights?’ He looks closer. That capsule was a signal flare bullet. And with that zebra hammering on it with such a force, it’s a miracle that it hasn’t exploded already. He takes quick action before Zecora can lift her hammer once more)

·Jane: No! Stay away from the capsule! It’s explosive, it’ll blow up you and your hut.

·Zecora: *surprised* Stupendous beast, don’t scare me so.
You really thought that I don’t know?

·Jane: Well yes. Yes, I did! You’re welcome.

·Zecora: Where did you hail from, anyway?
Is your home from far away?

·Jane: That’s none of your business. Hand over the equipment, now! *he cocks his gun threateningly and pulls out a hand to receive the flare rounds*

·Zecora: *angrily* What in all the forest fair
Does make you think I will defer?

·Jane: Perhaps the fact that I carry a gun. Now hand it over!

·Zecora: It’s up to me for you to catch.
As when you threaten, I will dash!

(Before Jane can react, Zecora pulls forth a small glass tube from her pouch and stomps on it. There is a loud bang, and instantly, the whole area is covered by heavy, grey smog. Though Jane can still breathe, his view on Zecora is completely gone. In his desperation, he shoots at the place she stood just moments ago.
When he notices that she is long gone, she skips forward to the spot where he presumes the chopping block and the pile of equipment stood. He stumbles upon the block, and turns around for the equipment. He finds it, sinks on all fours to greedily sort out the flare rounds as he hears a loud noise approaching from above.
An aircraft! It must be! He has to find the gun quickly. As he spots the orange piece of plastic only mere centimetres away from him, he suddenly receives a painful buck in his backside.)

·Zecora: You fool! You thief! You little thug!
You thought an enchantress you could mug?

·Jane: Thief? You stole my equipment, you witch! *he scrambles forth the flare gun and lets a cartridge slide inside* I need to fire that shot. Stay back!

·Zecora: You dare command me, in my home?
You will pay a heavy lo-

(Jane quickly turns on his back and empties the gun vertically upwards. The noise is loud and the flare flash only gets magnified by the fog. It hisses upward a few dozen metres, and gradually explodes in a large, red fireball above the trees. Zecora is dumbfounded, as only seconds later, a dark shadow covers up the foggy cloud they stand in.
Accompanied by heavy rotor sounds, a fully grown helicopter has been halted in mid-flight by the small missile, and now hovers directly above them; the flare had nearly tackled it off course. The Chinook sinks down upon the floor on the treeless area around the hut, and the grey smoke cloud is literally blown away by the violent wind that causes all the trees, bushes, and even Zecora’s hut to yield. Flood lights on board of the aircraft illuminate the gloomy atmosphere.
Jane and Zecora lie flat on the ground, blinded and tied down by the strong winds and deaf by the loud engines roaring. Through a megaphone, the pilot addresses them)

·Pilot: Stay on the ground, or we will open fire! Stay on the ground or we will open fire!

(Jane can see that ropes get lowered from the Chinook’s three hatches, and several men in full battle attire make their way to the ground at a moderate speed. They land, unbuckle and immediately engage the two creatures lying flat.
One of the men yanks Jane by his sleeve to get his attention, recognising his badge immediately)

·Soldier: Name?! Rank?! Unit?! Identify yourself!

·Jane: David Eyre! RAAF Sergeant! 5th Trashies!

·Soldier: *salutes him speedily* Right! Stand up, Sarge! *gets out a carbine* Hook in, you’re wounded!

·Jane: *hooks in* Thanks, I can manage! Listen, you have to do something about the diplomats and my mates!

·Soldier: What exactly happened?!

·Jane: We were attacked! By bloody horses! Flogg Off John Kinsman and Flight Sergeant Henry Mallard have could not be relocated! They’re either KIA or POW! We need to warn the dips!

·Soldier: *interestingly not hesitant about the ’bloody horses’ description* Right! Hold fast! *he attaches him to one of the ropes* What’s wrong with that one?! *he points at the zebra, who is still on the ground, getting covered by another rifleman*

·Jane: Leave her! Civilians! Damn Civilian fruitcakes! All trying to kill you! Let God sort ’em out!

·Soldier: Good. One less thing! Strap in, we’re flying directly to our deployment zone!

·Jane: *holding himself in place as the rope tightens and starts pulling him upwards* Deployment zone?!

·Soldier: The Major’s right inside! He wants to know it all! Tell him who your enemies were and where they came from!

·Jane: No prob!

(The men scout the forest surroundings, then re-enter the helicopter on by one. Soon, it was back in the air and in motion. Jane was the first one they managed to locate.
Major Atkinson and Vice Marshal McIntyre listen closely to what Jane has to say; They were attacked by armoured, flying horses with wings which was referred to as a “Royal Guard”. The civilians, in this case talking horses and other equines were allied with said “Royal Guard”, willing to go as far as to deliberately attack soldiers.
From this moment on, McIntyre simply knew that this was a very war-like situation, and that it was time to punch those strange, extraordinary enemies right in their mussles.
Back on the ground, Zecora stands up in awe at the suprising intervention from the sky. Her complex mind doesn't allow her to simply ignore what had just happened. She couldn't explain it, but there was a certain emotional distemper lurking around now. Like cloud, the human arrival shaped like one bad premonition)


(Concluding Music Cue)