• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 7,593 Views, 109 Comments

Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation - Dan The Man



In the year 2012, Equestria is discovered. The United Nations reacts swiftly.

  • ...
38
 109
 7,593

6. Lost Contact

4. Scene – Everfree Forest

(Sgt. ‘Jane’ Eyre crashes through the dense twigs and branches of Everfree Forest. He gets stuck only two metres above the ground, and dangles helplessly on his parachute cords. The darkness of the moor-like terrain is unnerving for him, and he quickly starts shouting for his comrades, but cannot see much behind him)

·Jane: Hello?! Flogg Off! *beat* Locon! I am stuck in a tree! I… require assistance! *tries the arranged code word* Gale! Gale!

(After a little while, he grows tired of shouting for some sort of assistance. He realises that neither Kinsman nor Mallard had landed anywhere nearby. He was alone. He fumbles with a small military knife he had just recalled. With great caution, he lops one of the strings, causing him to fully hang onto the other one. He then cuts the other one, preparing to hit the ground boots-first. However, as the second strap is cut, he falls in a slanted way, hitting the ground with his right knee. He wasn’t sure if he had broken it or not; he just knew it hurt terribly)

·Jane: *attempting to hobble along a faintly visible forest path* Ow. Ow! Christ, why are these things always happening to me? A Trash Trailer belongs to the Trashies, and nowhere else. SLUG, that’s what they’ll call me once I’m back. No mention of ‘famed war hero’, oooh no. SLUG, that’s my new name when they show me the bloody gate out of Mordor. UTS, they’ll say. *breathes heavily as he slumps his leg on the road*
It’s useless. They’ll surely come looking for us. Coming to pick us up. They’ll surely notice there are three pencil pushers, one Paparazzi and three wannabe-Adgies that are amiss. *he packs out his small parachute emergency kit; it includes a flare gun with five rounds; he loads it and jokingly aims at the various trees crowding around him* Ka-boom! Ollus wanted to try that one out.

(Suddenly, one of the trees begins moving as if somebody were hiding behind it. Jane notices it immediately)

·Jane: Who is it? *shouts out the codeword* Gale

(no response, the movement behind the bushes instead becomes even more frantic; Jane nervously unpacks his gun, and picks up the flare gun with his left hand. He aims at the bushes)

·Jane: Come out! I’m armed! Royal Australian Air Force NCO speaking! Come out of there!

(Slowly, a small white head of a chicken pokes out of the undergrowth)

·Jane: *sinks back in ungodly relief; looks up* You must be joking…

(Then the chicken spreads its green, scaly wings and opens its fiery red eyes at Jane)

·Jane: *picking up the flare gun again in panic* Ooooh no you won’t!

(The flare gun unloads at the monster. The flare hisses towards the chicken, but blows up beforehand, blinding both Jane and the thing)

·Jane: Not this time! I survived a goddamn tornado!

(He rapidly stands up and quickly limps away, holding the flare gun in one hand and the pistol in the other. The monster takes a few seconds, and then starts the chase; the monster and surprisingly speedy with its little legs, and nearly catches up to the limping sergeant, eventually snapping at him, which causes him to drop).

·Jane: *lying on his back, sees the creature hop on top of him and walking around a bit* Stay back! Whatever you are! *he points his pistol at it; the monster is nearly in touching range of the mussle* Yeeees, hold still…

(Then suddenly, the creature fully opens up and looks him deep into the eyes; he tries to pull the trigger, but he feels how he looses the control of his fingers; they feel numb. His arms have been turned into stone)

·Jane: *weak with shock* No… nonono…

·Bystander: Hey you! What did I tell you?!

(He turns his head around, and his last sight before passing out, is a yellow Pegasus)

(The Is No Concluding Music Cue)