• Published 28th Nov 2022
  • 1,893 Views, 135 Comments

Hitch-ing the Trailblazer into the Zipp-ing Storm - Twilyx360



Hitch Trailblazer and Zipp Storm start falling for each other. Meanwhile they must battle the storm within themselves.

  • ...
6
 135
 1,893

Chapter 23

Hitch and Zipp were hugging each other. It was the most peaceful moment they could’ve experienced. They could’ve just sat there hugging each other their whole lives. But then the silence was broken.

“Ugh… what happened.” Said Sunny. “The storm is over!” Said Izzy. Pipp woke up and they all looked at the adorable scene and let loose a. “Awwwwww!!!”

“You really love me don’t you?” Said Hitch.

“Yeah, Hitch no matter what. You’re funny and charismatic, charming & caring. You’ll always be an amazing pony who just loves doing what he does for other ponies. You’re honestly a hero Hitch, ponies & creatures love you. I don’t know about you but that’s honestly a lot of appreciation from everyone. I can seriously only imagine what that’s like. And well everything you’ve done for me since we became friends. It’s just, thank you so much for everything, Hitch.” Said Zipp laying into Hitch.

“Well you’re right Zipp. I’m probably more Incredible then I let on. But you are too. You’re hilarious, integral, devoted & inspirational. Zipp you’re not just a good flyer, you’re there for us whenever something flies over our heads, you look out for other ponies as good as me, you like to mix things up when something doesn’t seem to work the way we expect, You know how to tackle something head on, you don’t ignore things when they come up, and you say things in ways ponies always understand. And well let’s not forget how you love figuring things out.” Said Hitch.

“Oh yeah, I’m probably never going to stop that.” Said Zipp.

“Well I’m actually really glad to hear you say that. You know why?” Asked Hitch.

“Why?” Asked Zipp.

“Because Zipp. I want you to work with me at the station. As the new deputy of maretime bay. Will you?” Asked Hitch.

Zipp’s eyes were tearing up again. “Of course, I will!” Said Zipp, hugging Hitch again. “Though I have to admit. I’d rather be called, ‘detective’ doesn’t that sound better?” Asked Zipp.

“Absolutely. You are detective Zipp!” Shouted Hitch.

Zipp’s eyes lit up.

“Look at that. The sheriff & The detective.” Said Sunny.

“I can’t believe this!” Said Zipp. Hugged Hitch tightly.

“I’m glad you like it.” Said Hitch as he embraced back.

Pipp was crying tears of joy. And so was Izzy.

“Sunny. Is this how good romantic love feels.” Asked Izzy.

Sunny was crying too. “Yes Izzy.” Said Sunny.

“Well actually now that the storm is over. We should probably head outside and see if everypony is ok.” Said Sunny.

They went onto mane street. And they were shocked at the mess. They could see the storm’s carnage all around them. And the beach had almost flooded. The water was over the sandbags and the trenches were full. “Woah look at the power line!” Shouted Zipp.

“The station sign fell off!” Shouted Hitch. He briefly looked around and found it shattered. “Oh, there it is.” Said Hitch.

Sunny pondered. She knew that she would need a lot of helping hooves outside maretime bay. But still everypony needed to pitch in. “Well. We’re going to need some help cleaning this. Tomorrow I’ll make an announcement to everypony to clean this place up. We’re all in this together everypony!” Shouted Sunny.

“Oooo look at all these things I could unicycle!” Said Izzy as she started hopping around.

“I’ll call mom & Alphabittle to come by.” Said Pipp. “Hi Alpha B. So, if you heard the news.” Pipp trailed off on the phone.

After looking around Zipp & Hitch looked into each other’s eyes. “Well, is this our first mission? Cause I wouldn’t mind it.” Said Zipp. “Yes, it is. And I wouldn’t want to miss a second of it.” Said Hitch.

And they kissed again.

“I love you Hitch.” Said Zipp. “I love you too Zipp.” Said Hitch. As the two stared out into the sun and held their hooves together. Great things were on the horizon for the new couple. And they would do it together.

-1 Day Later-

Sunny and Pipp hosted a livestream in an attempt to gain Maretime Bay’s cleanup support. Most ponies were absolutely shocked at the damage. As they never really experienced a Hurricane nevermind the full extent of it’s power.

Izzy meanwhile was doing an incredible job. By taking the junk that the storm left behind and making really useful devices and tools that could help out. She was even working on a brand-new flight device out of the Junk.

Hitch and Zipp meanwhile were investigating the area to see if anypony was ok.

“Hitch. Can I just say how relieved I feel now that we finally know we’ve been into each other?” Asked Zipp.

“Yeah. I honestly feel the same way.” Said Hitch. As the two walked about Maretime Bay. They helped move some junk blocking the doorways. After helping Dahlia out of her house. Alphabittle & Izzy came by and started cleaning up the area.

Zipp and Hitch temporarily went back to the station and sat down for a while.

“So Zipp. Does this mean that… we’re a ‘thing’ now?” Asked Hitch.

“Well. Do you want it to be?” Asked Zipp.

“Um yeah! I guess I’m just a little bit nervous is all. I mean having a crush is one thing but actually being in an item?” Said Hitch.

“Yeah, I am too. But I mean we can make it work. You know we can make it work. Right?” Asked Zipp.

Hitch thought about it, and he ultimately figured it out. While the typical problems and issues of a relationship were inevitable. He figured that the dynamic that both He and Zipp had was practically perfect for this kind of thing. At least when it came to each other.

“You know what Zipp. You’re absolutely right. I do know. Remember when we had that night out? I don’t know about you but I felt like a huge weight went off of my shoulders. It felt great. And it felt even better to finally get all of that out.” Said Hitch

“Honestly, I felt the same way. And it’s actually shocking to me, because I was just so worried that I might not be able to say everything I wanted to the way I wanted to say it. Hmm, maybe it’s just because we were relaxed enough. That it gave us enough time to finally focus and process all that stress.” Said Zipp

Hitch sighed and smiled and gave Zipp a funny look. “What?” asked Zipp, smirking.

“Zipp. If you didn’t say that I never would’ve realized I had the exact same problem. Maybe I just forgot about it. But I felt like all that time being a sheriff and a caretaker for Sparky. I didn’t think I could talk about it. But looks like I didn’t really need to write it down, did I?” Hitch said Chuckling.

Zipp was chuckling too. “I mean you were sleep deprived. I think it’s safe to say that you were doing a lot!”

“Oh yeah! I basically survived on coffee.” said Hitch. And then both Hitch and Zipp were laughing.