• Published 28th Nov 2022
  • 1,893 Views, 135 Comments

Hitch-ing the Trailblazer into the Zipp-ing Storm - Twilyx360



Hitch Trailblazer and Zipp Storm start falling for each other. Meanwhile they must battle the storm within themselves.

  • ...
6
 135
 1,893

Chapter 17

“Dinner!” Shouted Queen Haven. And the five friends burst into the Kitchen. Ready for what food was prepared.

As they sat down though everypony couldn’t help but feel that Zipp looked off. “Uh why does it look like Zipp’s soul left her body?” Asked Hitch.

“Eheheh… it’s kinda my fault. But nevermind I know what to do.” Said Pipp. She flew over to Zipp and splashed a cup of water in her face. She moved her head back and forth and then came to. “Oh! Sorry I just zoned out.” Said Zipp.

“It’s ok, Zipp. We all have those moments.” Said Pipp as she flew back to her seat.

“Yep. Remember that time you were sneaking into the station, and I didn’t know?” Said Hitch.

And Zipp chuckled. “Yeah.” Zipp replied.

Just then Zipp heard a ding on her phone.

A text from Pipp. “You should tell him soon.”

Zipp blushed. And sent a text back. “I will. After we get back to maretime bay.”

Zipp closed her eyes. And she realized that she would indeed need to tell Hitch about her feelings. But there was another reason she wanted to hold it off.

Soon. Everypony was eating up.

Several times, Zipp and Hitch would be looking at each other across the table and would quickly look away when they noticed.

When everypony left the table. Zipp was walking alongside Sunny & Pipp. When they were in the hall they were talking about the situation.

“So, I’m going to tell him. But it’s not going to be easy. I mean it shouldn’t bother me if he doesn’t ‘like me back’ but it kinda does.” Said Zipp.

“Zipp. This is all a first-time thing for you. Why wouldn’t you be afraid?” Asked Sunny.

“Well, it’s just... I know we’ll just go back to being friends if he doesn’t ‘like’ me back. And I’m not afraid of that. I just don’t want us to grow further and further apart…” Said Zipp.

Zipp continued. “And no, it’s not like I think things would get awkward or heated between us if he didn’t feel the same way about me. I just… I’m afraid of our friendship just getting distant and we do less and less until we just stop seeing each other… that’s the fear. It’s not about getting rejected, it's about what could happen after it.”

“You know that’s not inevitable, Zipp. In fact, I’m sure Hitch would hate that idea too. He would make sure that wouldn’t happen.” Said Sunny.

“I know Sunny… but it doesn’t make me less afraid of being neglected.” Said Zipp.

Pipp meanwhile was quiet. She looked like she was about the cry. Then the 3 stepped into Pipp’s room. Pipp sat down on the bed lost in thought trying to calm herself down. She thought internally. “I can’t believe I needed to hear that…I’m just a silly face on the canternet without them. I didn’t know how afraid of it I was. Now I finally know…”

“Pipp, are you ok?” Asked Zipp.

Pipp calmed down enough to speak “Zipp, remember that first night? The night where we first went on the run?” Said Pipp.

“Yeah” answered Zipp.

“My show was ruined, you ran away. And everypony hated me… all of my fans. I was literally being hung out to dry. I never felt sadder before in my life. For the first time ever, I felt like I could never be an inspiration to ponies ever again, I felt like I wasn’t important, I was abandoned, I WAS HUMILIATED!

But then I got angry! I swung myself out of the tangled wires in a fit of rage. Grabbed the crystal and ran off.

Mom was gone. So, I went looking for you because you were literally all I had when it all happened. And then well, I found you, I gave you the crystal and went on the run with everypony else.

And I still felt alone until. While we were trotting, Hitch & Izzy started talking to me. And well, before I knew it, I was getting better.

Hitch wanted to know more about me, and Izzy cheered me up. And then one night when we were all sitting around that campfire. I finally felt special again, but I don’t know what it is. But I felt special in another way. Izzy hugged me and that kinda broke me. Hehe.

And I think it’s probably because you guys are the first real friends I ever had. I started knowing who all of you were. Even you Zipp, I knew you my whole life. But I felt like I understood you for the first time that night.
I don’t know about you but. I love my fans, but you guys gave me something that no fanbase of Pippsqueaks ever could.

That’s why I wanted to help you bring magic back. Because I didn’t want to leave my friends behind, I couldn’t feel alone again…” Finished Pipp.

Zipp was tearing up. “Pipp, I get it.” Pipp pulled Zipp in for a hug. “I know.” Said Pipp. Then Sunny joined in the hug. “Pipp, I promise we’ll never leave you. You are special. And I’m glad I can be special enough to show you that.” Said Sunny.

Pipp cried tears of joy after that. And Zipp shed a tear too. All of them held hooves together as their cutie marks glowed. “Thank you so much.”

-Meanwhile-

Izzy activated the elevator into the abandoned train station. Looking around. Until she found something. “Oh, there you are!” She found the flight device leaning against one of the ticket booths. She turned it on and saw the battery was dead. “Aw. Dead battery. Welp! Time to charge!” She got a cord and went back up the elevator. As she walked back, she thought. “Hmm, I should probably make the battery life longer.” She thought to herself. As she figured, charging it with a literal phone cord would drain the battery faster. “Hmm, maybe an actual plug might help. Oh! Maybe a bigger battery but oh, wait I don’t want it to weigh it down.” Izzy thought out loud until she bumped into Hitch.

“Oh, hey Izzy. Uh, do you know where Sunny, Zipp & Pipp are?” asked Hitch.

“No. But we can find them! Come on Hitch, let's seek the hiding ponies.” Said Izzy cheerfully. Trotting along carrying the flight device. With Hitch trotting along wondering where they might be.