• Published 19th Apr 2022
  • 351 Views, 0 Comments

At The Door - Richard79



Rarity shows up at Friendship Castle and an older Spike ends up passing out.

  • ...
 0
 351

This is the only Chapter

At The Door

Rarity held up her hand, curled her fingers, and used her knuckles to knock on the double doors of Friendship Castle.

Spike looked up from a book he was reading and walked over to the doors. Opening the double doors and felt his jaw pop as it dropped open.

“Hello, Spikey, can I come-”

“Ga…um…you…” Spike felt himself falling over backward before he fainted.

Rarity felt her heart stop for a second while she rushed over to Spike and knelt near him and lifted his head letting it test on her lap. "Darling are you okay?"

Spike clutched his hands together and then relaxed them.

“Precious scales…” Rarity smiled and ran her hands through Spike’s hair. She moved his hair away from his eyes. “Spikey…” Her voice was just above a whisper.

Spike let out a groan and rubs his head and kept his eyes closed. "I dreamed a beautiful woman was standing in the doorway." He had a goofy smile on his face.

"Oh?' Rarity smiled. "Please do go on about this beautiful woman."

Spike opened his eyes. "I don't need to."

"Come again, darling?"

Spike felt his cheeks turning red. "I said I don't need to,” He grinned and added. “Because I am looking at her."

Is it the blood rushing away from his head? Rarity thought while she felt her cheeks redden at the sweet words he’d said. “Spikey…” He reached up and took hold of her hand causing her voice to trail off.

His emerald gaze caught the pink still on her cheeks. “You surprised me. I wasn’t expecting you to come over.”

“Forgive me, darling.” Rarity said with a smile. “I should have given you a proper heads-up as it were-” The sound of him laughing had her jaw-dropping open.

“You haven’t changed, still that same amazing woman I’ve known for years.” Spike smiled and used his other hand to set back up, then he got back to his feet. He held out a hand to help her up. “You’ve just grown even more beautiful over the years.”

Rarity smiled and took his hand. With barely a tug from him, she was back on her feet. She’d watched him grow up over the years, maturing into the young man he was now. Has he always been this strong? She could see defined muscles through his shirt and down his arms. He’s always been so charming with his compliments.

Spike caught her staring at him. “I’ve always been strong Rarity; you’ve always been light as a feather.”

“Thank you, Spikey I try to watch my figure.” She glanced down and realized they were still holding hands.

“Why did you come over?” Spike asked.

“I…um…” She could feel the heat of his body being so close to him and the rough feeling of his palm next to hers had her spacing out a bit.

Spike smiled seeing the look in her eyes. I wonder… A thought had him grinning. “I still have that crush on you.”

Rarity blinked like she’d woken up from a trance. “I…know…” She laugh a bit. “Here, I figured it would have gone away by now.” She lowered her head and let out a sigh.

Spike hooked his thumb under her chin and lifted her back up. Rarity could feel her heart beating a bit faster with those emerald eyes of his staring at her. “I’d be a fool to let you go.” He let go of her hand and placed it on her waist, where her midriff shirt left creamy alabaster skin exposed.

Rarity took in a breath at the touch of his hand. They’d hugged before but she’d always worn shirts that she could tuck in.

Spike could feel her shake a bit at his touch. Is that why you chose to wear that shirt? “Should I remove my hand?” He gave her side a little squeeze his thumb had slid up under her blue-gray top and just rested there.

Rarity could only shake her head. Spikey….what are you doing? She thought and wanted to say, she could feel her resolves melting. His crush on me is no secret to anyone, he’s even admitted it to me. She started to sway a bit and could see stars dotting her vision. The riffles on her sleeves swayed with her.

“Are you okay Rare?” Spike asked noticing her swaying a bit.

“Just a little dizzy darling-” Rarity admitted, her staggering around made it obvious. She took in a breath at what happened next.

“Well…here,” Spike said and had her scooped up in his arms without any effort. He carried her to a couch Princess Twilight had set up to read her books at by a large window.

Rarity had wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck more so to keep herself from falling backward. “Darling…you didn’t-” She found herself relaxing in his arms. His one arm was under the bend of her knees and the other was around her back.

“Yeah, I know,” Spike said as he laid her down on the couch. “You’ve looked out for me, and I always return the favor. It’s just something between us. We act without thinking.”

Rarity couldn’t deny that fact and smiled. “Yet, you’ve stayed by my side.”

Spike lifted an eyebrow at that. “Same as you’ve done for me.” He smoothed her hair back that had fallen over her eyes. “We’re just two hearts from different worlds, Rare.” He added setting on the floor beside her. He reached up and took hold of her hand again. “Crazy huh?”

Rarity giggled a bit and blurted out. “More like two hearts that act as one…uh-” Rarity realized she’d just said that and didn’t even think about how it sounded.

Spike watched her face grow redder by the second. “Spoken from the heart, did you just now?” He said while giving her hand a little squeeze.

“Spikey…I um…” Her sapphire gaze met his, she’d found herself lost in those eyes of his more than once. “It’s how you look at me some time-” She brought her free hand up and covered her mouth.

“Really? Been fighting this for a while now?” Spike asked with a grin, he watched her eyes dart away from him. He used his free hand to run his finger down her cheeks. “I’m not objecting.”

Rarity could feel herself shudder at the feeling of his fingers on her cheek. Removing her hand from her mouth, she simply nodded.

“How do you think I’ve felt since that first day when I saw you. I’ve been held by your gaze for years now. Wanting to open up. To tell you everything.”

“Precious scales….my Spikey-Wikey-” Rarity could feel herself melting again. Her heart squeezed in her chest and the weight on her shoulders just lifted off.

“I told you I wasn’t about to go anywhere, and I meant it. I gave you my heart years ago.” Spike admitted.

“By giving me the fire heart ruby, I know. I figured that out a while ago.” Rarity admitted, that she could hear her heart pounding in her ears.

“Right, I knew you would. Everyone thinks we're together, I haven’t minded that.”

Rarity let out a sigh. “Yes, I’ve found myself smiling, rather enjoying that everyone is so accepting of…well…us.” She scooted up slightly on the couch. “Two hearts…”

“From different worlds, which have found each other, that not even time will separate.” Spike's mouth opened a little. “Uh…I’ve been reading romance books.”

Rarity grinned at that. “I think that just came from your heart and not from any book darling.”

“I think my passing out made it easier to talk to you,” Spike said, and he knew it sounded crazy.

“You’ve always been a romantic. I’ve noticed it…I’ve just…” Just…tried not to say anything, guess I’ve been in denial, yet now…

“Didn’t want to admit it to yourself for fear of admitting how you feel about me.” Spike finished what he knew she wanted to say.

"I couldn't have said it better myself darling." Rarity’s lips curved into a tiny smile.

The two didn't say a word after that. They just let the silence speak for both of them as they stared at one another. Both knew their hearts had spoken the truth and let out long-hidden feelings between them.

Rarity swung her legs over the couch and sat up, resting her back on the back of the couch.

Spike got up and sat down beside her without even exchanging a word between them.

Rarity leaned over and laid her head on Spike's shoulder. She placed her hand on his chest and felt the rapid beating of his heart.

Spike let out a long sigh while he ran his hand through her long dark purple hair his hand ended up around her waist.

They glanced at one another and simply smiled.

Author's Note:

I just love the ending. It hit me before I clocked in for work yesterday. Crazy how something just hits you when you don't expect it. I'm glad I always keep my phone on me so I can write wherever I am.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment