• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 2,016 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Old and New - AlphaToothless95



Bringing magic back had many perks and benefits. But not all of them benefit the greater good. Sunny is about to learn that the hard way.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,016

Light vs Dark Pt. 4

Nebula awoke to find herself inside of one of Bridlewood's trees used as a medical station. She was wrapped in more bandages than she was at the hospital in Maretime Bay. She looks around and sees that she’s alone but after trying to get up, that quickly changes as Sunny, Izzy, Zipp, Pipp, and Hitch all walk in and of course, none of them are happy that she’s here, especially not Zipp it seems. Nebula sits up against the wall that she was next to, holding her side in pain. “Don’t look too excited to see I’m still alive, it’s not like I have useful information or anything.” she says, earning glares from them all.

“Yeahhh, considering all that you’ve helped Midnight accomplish, what were you expecting?” Sunny asks and Nebula gives her a glare of her own. Sunny doesn’t acknowledge it at all.

“You’re one to talk.. but just because Magma.. just because Shade needs my help, I’m not gonna argue with you about our past faults. That’s not why I came here.” Nebula says in an annoyed tone. “So are you gonna help me? Help yourselves or not?” she asks and everyone seems to think about it but then Hitch speaks up.

“Not so fast, how do we know this isn’t just one of Midnight’s tricks to capture or kill us?” Hitch asks and everyone agrees and Nebula sighs, facepalming. She uncovers her face, revealing the exasperated look on it.

“Obviously you don’t Sheriff boy, and I couldn’t believe myself either at first.. but after seeing Sunny interact with her father.. I guess a small part of me realized that she might not have been the monster Midnight claimed she was.. so I investigated for myself and found out the truth.. and I knew that I had to warn you about what she’s planning but when I told Shade to come with me she..” Nebula sighs before continuing. “She attacked me.. that’s why I was so injured.” she says with a sad look on her face. Everyone but Zipp starts to feel bad for her.

“It’s a little late to switch sides now, don’t ya think?” Zipp asks with a cold edge to her voice, to everyone’s shock. Pipp was especially confused and concerned about her sister but she doesn’t say anything, not yet anyway. “We can’t trust a word you say, and we shouldn’t. This is just another trap and guess what? We’re not falling for it.” Zipp says and had Sunny not interrupted, she would’ve continued rambling on.

“I don’t think it is.. before she was healed, I looked at her wounds.. Magma did attack her.. and she was being brutal when she did.. wasn’t she?” Sunny asks and Nebula frowns and nods, which causes Sunny to frown. Zipp is far beyond annoyed at this point because of her friend’s stupidity. She pulled Sunny away from Nebula and glared daggers right into Sunny’s soul.

“Are you serious Sunny? This is obviously a trick. Why can’t you see that?” Zipp says, not even trying to hide her displeasure about this. Sunny yanks her arm away from Zipp and glares back.

“What if you’re wrong and this is actually a chance for us to plan ahead of Midnight for once. Think Zipp, I know you’re upset about Haven.. but with this, we can make sure her death wasn’t in vain.. but do you really think she’d be happy seeing you like this?” Sunny asks but instantly regrets it when she sees the expression on Zipp’s face morph into an even darker one, hurt and anger evident in her features. “Z-Zipp I.. I didn’t mean-“ Sunny tries to say but Zipp let’s out a hysterical chuckle as she shakes her head, one of her hands covering her face.

“You know Sunny.. you talk a lot about what a parent would want but how do you think your dad would’ve felt.. knowing that you made a stupid decision that didn’t fix anything and instead it just got you and a lot of other ponies hurt.” Zipp says as she walks towards Sunny, prompting her to back up with a look of shock and hurt on her face. Pipp tries to step in, but what Zipp says next disturbs everyone. “You of all ponies should know better than to speak about what dead parents would want. After all, you’re partially the reason why there’s so many of those now..” she says and that was the last thing Sunny needed to hear before something inside her broke.. and she tackled Zipp through the wall and they go crashing out of the medical station. Even when they get outside, Sunny doesn’t stop running until Zipp shock punches her and she tumbles with her. They both get up and Sunny knees Zipp in the face before she fully gets up. She then grabs her and throws her into a tree and tries to punch her but Zipp ducks under it and lightning punches her in the stomach.

“Guys stop! Don’t do this!” Pipp yells but they don’t listen as they continue fighting. Neither of them pull their punches but Sunny does at least try to avoid causing damage to Bridlewood. She slams Zipp down when Zipp flys towards her at lightning speed. Zipp quickly recovers, jumping up, wrapping her legs around Sunny’s neck and using that maneuver to slam her onto her back and proceed to punch her in the face repeatedly. Sunny gets fed up, using her magic to blast Zipp off her. She gets up, uses a magic lasso to yank Zipp out of the air and back to her then she punches Zipp, making her slide across the ground. Once she stops, she stands up slowly and glares at Sunny, receiving a glare in return, both of their noses bleeding and dirt coating their fur. Zipp suddenly takes out one of her blades, which was broken just like the other one and Sunny readies her magic. Just as they charge at each other, Twilight and Thunderbird land between them, sending waves of magic towards them that knock them away from each other and keep them them down.

ENOUGH!!!”Twilight yells, her eyes slightly glowing and her voice shaking the trees. She was obviously angry but also confused and concerned. Thunderbird walks towards Sunny and helps her up. Twilight helps Zipp up and they both ask the same question at the same time. “What the hell is going on here?” but neither Sunny or Zipp answer but as Sunny soon opens her mouth to answer, she screams in pain and holds her sides as she falls to her knees, resting her head on the ground. Twilight tried using a healing spell on her but realizes that her magic is.. glitching.. just like Sunny’s. Zipp felt the same thing happening to her wings and when she looked at them, sure enough, they were glitching too.. and the same thing was happening to everypony else. Sunny’s screaming just got louder and louder and the glitching happening to her magic got worse and worse until she eventually passed out.. leaving everyone with more questions than answers.


Five hours later

Sunny was still unconscious and everyone was increasingly worried about her, especially Zipp who was worried it was something she had done to her. Speaking of Zipp, she was now sitting alone in a tree, staring at the sunset and reminiscing on all the good times she had with both her mother AND Pipp.. then the good times she had with her friends.. including Sunny.. which just made her regret what she said and did even more than she already did so she just curled her knees up to her chest and started to cry. “I’m sorry mom.. I’m sorry Sunny..” Zipp muttered to herself as she continued to cry. Her ears flickered when she heard someone coming up and she quickly wiped away her tears and straightened herself up to appear like she hadn’t been hunched over, crying. She turns to see who it is and sees Hitch and Pipp. “Hey guys..” Zipp says softly and they greet her in return. After a few minutes of just sitting in silence, Pipp decides to break the tension.

“Zipp.. why.. why did you say all that to Sunny.. she was only trying to help.” Pipp says and Zipp sighs and slowly nods for a few seconds before answering.

“I know.. and I regret it.. I don’t know what came over me, I guess when I heard her mention mom.. some part of me just got annoyed at the nerve that she had to talk to me about what our mom would want for us.. and I was jealous that she at least has a chance to save her dad and be with him again.. a chance I.. WE will never get.. and knowing that.. HURTS..” Zipp says, starting to tear up until she feels a gentle but firm hand rest on her shoulder and she looks to see it belongs to Pipp who then cuddles into her sister’s side.

“I’ll miss her too..” Pipp says. While it wasn’t much, it was all Zipp needed to hear from her before she finally let the tears fall from her eyes as she held her little sister close to her and Hitch wrapped his arm around them both.

“We’re all here for you.. both of you. That includes Sunny.. just make sure you make things right with her Zipp. Ok?” Hitch asks and when Zipp nods, he smiles and leans his head against the tree.

She blushes and smiles back. She sighs in contentment, happy to know that her friends and sister would always be there for her, no matter what. Sure it took a bit of convincing but still.. wait. Convincing.. that gives Zipp an idea and she looks at her sister. “Pipp, do you still have a way to contact that girl?” Zipp asks and at first Pipp looks confused but she quickly catches on and nods. Hitch looks confused but they both quickly explain that who they’re talking about is a pony Pipp used to be a rival to about two months ago. Well a rival in anything involving music, subscribers, followers, videos, and views. While the other pony wasn’t a royal, she was famous and rich enough to be one. The news of the petty rivalry along with Pipp’s girl-crush on her amused Hitch. Once he calmed his laughter, he asked how she could help them and they both smiled as if they were waiting for him to ask.

“For quite a while, she’s been recording all the BAD things Midnight's done, including the attack on Maretime Bay and the destruction of Zephyr Heights.” Pipp says before Zipp continues for her.

“So she can probably get Midnight’s army, and hopefully the entire world, to turn against her and support Sunny and the rest of us.” Zipp says and Hitch goes from looking shocked to looking happy.

“That’s great, so how do we-“ Hitch starts but before he can finish his question, Thunderbird calls them all down to talk and it sounds urgent. After they hurry down, he leads them to the medical station, where Sunny and Nebula currently were. Everyone was there, Izzy, Brightburn, Sprout, Twilight and her friends, and even Alphabittle. When they asked what this is about, Twilight stepped forward into the middle of everyone.

“We figured out what’s wrong with Sunny… it’s all the negativity in the world now.. it’s killing the magic.. and her.” she explained and everyone except Thunderbird and Brightburn look shocked. Brightburn was the one to speak up next.

“It’s the crystals, in a way, they’re powered by ponies. And since we used the crystals to remove the darkness from Sunny, she’s connected to them, so whatever happens to them.. happens to her. And also since the crystals brought back the Mane 6 and were made from THEIR elements, it’s the same thing with them, just not as intense.. but they are dying too.” she says and everyone was distraught by this but then Pipp grew a determined look.

“It’s not over yet, we can totally make it so everyone can have fun and vibe together again. And we know someone who can help.” she says, walking to stand beside her sister who crossed her arms and nodded.

“Good.. but first we should all get some rest. It’s been a long day.. and tomorrow’s gonna be even longer.” Thunderbird says and everyone separates to turn in for the night but Zipp stops when she hears a familiar voice speak up.

“Wait, Zipp, can I talk to you.. please?” asks Sunny and Zipp hesitates for a bit before nodding and walking to her, sitting beside her. “Hey.. I.. I wanna apologize.. for earlier.. I know I had no right, especially since all of this is my fault.. I know I can’t make up for what I’ve said or done but.. I want you to know I’m sorry..” Sunny says sadly and Zipp realizes just how much she’s messed up. She shakes her head and looks up at Sunny.

“No Sunny, I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m the one who had no right to say what I said to you. I was just.. annoyed.. and jealous.. and so.. SO angry. So you have nothing to be sorry for.. but I’m sorry too.. looks like we both have some adjusting to do huh?” Zipp asks with a slight chuckle and Sunny giggles and nods.

“So.. are we good?” she asks and Zipp nods and holds out her hand for Sunny to shake.

“We’re good..” she says and Sunny takes her hand, instantly pulling her into the tightest hug she can muster. Zipp would be lying if she said it didn’t hurt.. a lot. But Sunny didn’t need to know that, so she hugged her back as best she could. After wishing Sunny a good night, Zipp left, happy that everything would soon be ok and right again.. happy that no matter what, they would stick together through thick and thin.. they’d do their part. Hoof to heart.