• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 2,017 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Old and New - AlphaToothless95



Bringing magic back had many perks and benefits. But not all of them benefit the greater good. Sunny is about to learn that the hard way.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,017

What ails you

Hitch was sitting down in a chair right next to the bed that Sunny currently resided on, holding his head. Izzy was pacing in front of the bed, her eyes never leaving Sunny. Artemis and Brightburn were currently using a spell on her at the same time. They’d been like this for about two minutes now ever since the doctors had left. Hitch sighs before lifting his head up a bit to look at Sunny. “So what is that spell meant to do again Artemis?” he asks and Artemis turns to him and answers.

“It’s a spell that’ll allow us to stabilize her AND see what’s really wrong.. so far we’ve found out that she still has some magic but whatever she has left is being used to keep her alive.. it’s also fighting the dark magic that’s still inside her but it’s not enough.. Sunny could either turn evil again or die from it.. it depends on how much she recovers but I’ll be honest.. her chances aren’t too great.” she says solemnly and both Hitch and Izzy frown and Izzy's voice turns shaky as she speaks.

“She has to make it.. she will make it.. s-she’s strong.. right?” she asks to herself, trying and failing to calm herself down. Brightburn puts a reassuring hand on Izzy’s shoulder and gives her a reassuring smile.

“Yeah.. she is. That’s actually why the crystals chose her to be the first alicorn in generations before the magic that made her an alicorn chose more of us.. she's meant to lead us.. to be the strongest of us all.” she said and Izzy and Hitch both look at her and are about to question what she means by “more of us” but Zipp, Pipp, and Thunderbird walk in the room and ask what happened. Hitch and Izzy both hug Zipp and Pipp, happy to see them again especially after they thought they wouldn’t for a long time. Artemis hugs Thunderbird and then she and Brightburn both explain everything, including the fact that Sunny hardly has any magic left.

“This is so not cool.. is she gonna be ok?” Pipp asks with a worried look and voice in her features. She doesn’t want anypony else to die, especially not someone she cares about.

“We.. don’t know.. it’s possible but her chances are very low.. the dark magic inside her is trying to take control again and if it succeeds it’s possible that she could die from it..” Artemis says and everyone frowns and Thunderbird pinches the bridge of his nose and groans in frustration.

“Damn you Midnight.. you’ve gone too far.” he says as he sits down and shakes his head. “This is what she does, she pushes the good guys to their limits and either turns them evil, captures them, or kills them. She did it back in the Mane 6's time, now she’s doing it to us.. to Sunny.”

Hitch gets angrier the more he hears about Midnight and what she does or is trying to do to Sunny. “Well she’s not gonna get away with it. We can’t wait until Sunny’s back up and running to strike, we have to take the initiative and attack Midnight first. Find a way to hurt her.” he says with a determined, angry look in his eyes and Zipp, after a few seconds, agrees with him and so does Pipp and Izzy agrees without hesitation.

“No.. we can’t do that. No matter what we do, we’d never be able to beat her. Not only that, but we also can’t leave that darkness inside Sunny for too long or else.. she could.. no, I won’t take the chance of losing our best shot against that monster.” Artemis says to everyone’s annoyance and confusion.

“Ok so what do you suggest we do?! Just wait for a solution to pop up and hope it helps her or better yet, wait till Midnight finds out she’s alive by sensing her magic then coming to finish her off?!” Zipp asks, her annoyance showing very clearly and Artemis tells them all to calm down before explaining.

“There’s a way to remove the dark magic from within her.. light magic.. the magic of friendship, love, the same magic she taught everyone to accept and spread.” she says and everyone just looks confused about where or how they’re supposed to get that and use it on her. Then it hit them.. the crystals. They could use them to heal Sunny and hopefully give her more magic. Only problem was they just had to FIND them. And who knew how long that would take.. but for Sunny they were willing to make the journey, no matter the risks. They all nod and share what they’re thinking. “The crystals could work but they could be anywhere.. if only we had something that could tell us where they went after magic returned..” she says, sighing and thinking. One of the doctors comes in before she can get too deep into thought though.

“Hiii, I just wanted to come and check on the patient. Also I found these in her armor.” He says as he holds up some sheets of paper with drawings and markings on them. They all nod and Brightburn takes the paper, thanking the doctor before looking over it. The doctor gets to work, observing Sunny and making sure nothing’s wrong. Everyone hears a gasp from Brightburn and turn to her as she gives the papers to Artemis and Thunderbird and they see what they really are. “These are Sunny's father's notes!” Thunderbird says, shocked that Sunny found them and that they somehow survived the trip with her. “W-where did she find these?” he asks and the doctor responds with a very.. strange response.

“Probably snuck around on Midnight's ship and got into trouble..” he says, prompting everyone to give him strange, suspicious looks. He shakes his head and clears his throat. “Sorry, it’s not really my place, let me just finish up and I’ll be out of your way.” he says quickly but the damage had been done. Everyone already had the feeling that something was off and that feeling increases when they see him take out a syringe full of a purple liquid that looked as if it was slightly glowing. As he started to inject into the bag that was currently putting more adrenaline inside Sunny's body, the feeling grew and when Pipp saw a symbol on the syringe that gave off a very bad vibe, that’s when all the alarm bells in her head went off and she threw one of her ring blades at the tube that was connecting the bag to Sunny, cutting the liquid off right before it can make it past and Hitch tackles the doctor, pinning him against a wall with a death grip on his wrists.

He pins one of his arms against the doctor's throat and uses his other hand to take out one of his guns and aim it under his chin. “Who. Are. You?” Hitch asks with an angry unsettling voice. The doctor smirks and chuckles before he becomes engulfed in green flames, revealing himself to be a changeling. “Let me guess, you work for Midnight and you were sent to kill Sunny. That right?” Hitch asks the shapeshifter.

“Nope, I just figured that if I killed her myself, I’d finally earn my place as Midnight's second in command instead of that failure and traitor, Askari, besides I could’ve given her useful information.” he says and he can pretty much feel the anger coming from Hitch and he can also feel his hand trembling as if he wants to shoot him but something’s holding him back.

“Well how about you give Midnight the information I’m about to give you. If it’s Sunny she wants, she’s gonna have to get through me, get through us first. You can give it to her.. as soon as you wake up.” Hitch says before using his gun to knock the changeling out. He stares down at him for a bit before fully calming down and looking at Thunderbird, signaling him to send the changeling somewhere else, which he does.

Pipp puts a hand on Hitch's shoulder. “You ok Hitch?” she asks and he hesitates but then nods and looks at her. She smiles a bit when he does. “Nice swing.” She says and he chuckles a bit before responding with “Nice throw.” and they both laugh and Zipp smiles.

“Well now that that’s over, we should probably get some rest, we have a long journey ahead of us and it’ll do us no good if we’re low on energy.” Brightburn says and everyone agrees and cleans up the room, asking for another bag of adrenaline to connect to Sunny. After they set everything straight, they all try to get comfortable and slowly drift off to sleep. Izzy volunteered to keep watch over Sunny just in case someone else tries something. She eventually falls into a deep, peaceful sleep but that doesn’t last long as she has a nightmare.


In Izzy's nightmare

“Sunny please! Wake up!” Izzy shouts as she holds the last one of her friends who was left after Midnight had killed the others. She didn’t wanna lose Sunny too.. Sunny was probably the most special to her and she was the last friend she had left.. the first REAL friend she had ever made. Midnight stepped up to them from behind some of the rubble that was left from her attack on Maretime Bay. “Well well well, isn’t this just a sad sight.. well it would be if Sunny was actually dead, you can drop the act now.” she said and to Izzy's shock and horror, Sunny suddenly grabbed her throat before she could look down at her. Sunny slowly sat up until she was level with Izzy and when she opened her eyes, they were purple and her voice echoed as she spoke.

“Well.. I’m actually kinda sad to say that this is goodbye Izzy.. I’m genuinely gonna miss you.” she says with a smirk on her face as her grip on Izzy’s throat tightened and Izzy felt herself slowly starting to lose consciousness. “Oh and don’t worry about Bridlewood, we’ll be visiting there REALLY soon.” Sunny said to Izzy and more fear than she’d ever felt instantly crawled up her spine.. but it was too late. As soon as she lost consciousness though, she woke up to find herself still in the room with everypony else. To her embarrassment and shock, her head was on Sunny’s lap and she actually.. couldn’t bring herself to move. She just sighed and looked at Sunny who was still sleeping peacefully, atleast she hoped she was. As she stared at her, she made a promise to the both of them.

“I promise I won’t let that happen.. I’ll never leave your side Sunny. No matter what..” she says before grabbing one of Sunny's hands and continuing. “I’m looking out for you..” the unicorn said, smiling as she slowly drifted back off to sleep.