• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 2,016 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Old and New - AlphaToothless95



Bringing magic back had many perks and benefits. But not all of them benefit the greater good. Sunny is about to learn that the hard way.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,016

Broken hearts and shattered bonds Pt. 5

In Maretime Bay

The ships had finally made it but everypony was far from ok. Askari had managed to sneak away undetected and steal someone’s motorcycle. She knew she couldn’t go back to Midnight until she cleared her head.. figured out what she wanted or.. if she could even live with herself after finally realizing that everything she had done up until now was wrong. Especially the fact that hardly 3 hours ago, she had killed Equestria's best shot at stopping Midnight.. and part of her wishes she could go and take it back. She stops on top of a hill and looks back at the docks, seeing the ponies that she had caused so much pain. “I’m.. I’m so sorry..” she says before driving off to.. who knows where.

She was a fugitive now and that meant she couldn’t be seen anywhere or she would most likely be arrested and sentenced to life in prison for being like a terrorist. She needed to make things right.. first with herself.. then possibly her village.. and maybe the rest of Equestria.

Meanwhile, after she left, Sunny was taken off the ship and rush to the hospital along with the other injured ponies. Everyone was shocked and somewhat horrified to see her. Phyllis knew none of what she did was her fault though. Sprout on the other hand.. had his own doubts and was hesitant at first and decided to talk to his mother. Now they were just outside the hospital and walking in to check on Sunny. “I don’t know mommy.. are you sure about this? We don’t know what Sunny could do or if she’s even actually hurt, maybe this is just a trick.” Sprout said while walking next to his mother. They were almost to Sunny’s room by the time Phyllis responded.

“Sugarcube.. Sunny wouldn’t do any of what she’s done unless she was forced to or corrupted into it. Hell, she’s Argyle's daughter for Pete's sake.. besides what if we decided NOT to help her and she’s actually hurt and she dies because we were too skeptical?” Phyllis asks and the look on Sprout's face turns from a concerned one into a thinking one. He sighs and nods, agreeing that she might be right. “Besides Sprout, we don’t even know how Sunny ended up like this.. Maybe Midnight had no use for her anymore or she turned back to normal then was betrayed?” she continues and Sprout scowls and shakes his head.

“OR one of the ponies from that island shot her then decided to bring her here just so we could lock her up.” he says and after a glare from his mother, he takes it back. When they finally get there, there’s a doctor waiting outside the room to give them the news of her current state.

“We managed to get her stable and fully stop the bleeding, it doesn’t look like the wound was infected with anything but we cleaned it just in case. There is one.. downside though.. she’s in a coma from her head wound.. plus the trauma of everything she went through.. there’s no telling when or.. if she’ll wake up..” she says, earning shocked looks from Phyllis and Sprout. Phyllis frowns and looks through the window at Sunny who’s still being worked on.

“Oh Sunny..” Phyllis says sadly.. Sunny deserved so much better, especially after what she did for Equestria, but at this point.. she wasn’t even sure half of Equestria even remembered the good she did. Suddenly, the area around Sunny's eyes started blackening and she squirmed a bit as the lights started flickering. Everypony was confused and more than a little worried.

“What’s happening to her..?” Sprout asked as he slowly backed up in case something was gonna happen.

“We don’t know, this is the first time that’s happened.. strange.” the nurse says and Sunny groans as if she’s in pain and the doctors try to hold her down before she can hurt herself. “I need to be in there, excuse me, I’ll keep u updated.” the nurse continues before walking in and helping them hold Sunny down.

“I really hope she’ll be alright..” Phyllis says and Sprout reluctantly agrees. “Come on, we should try to contact everypony else and tell them what’s happening.” she continues before they both begin walking out. Meanwhile the female unicorn who was completely wrapped up due to her injuries from the lava was being taken to a secret room in the hospital. Once she was there, she was scared and confused, then she heard a soft, calming voice speak to her.

“Hello there young one.. how unfortunate you are to be subjected to such.. awful wounds. Don’t worry though.. I’ll fix these right up and even.. improve your attributes.” the voice said before whoever was speaking grabbed the unicorn by her face and their hand started glowing.. and she starts glowing too but whatever’s changing about her, the change is so painful it causes her to let out muffled screams. The change continues and her bandages suddenly burst into flames and her body doesn’t hurt anymore but it is very warm. She looks at herself and sees that her fingers are glowing like they’re made of lava and when she looked in a mirror, she looked.. different.. her eyes were now glowing orange and the tips of her ears were now glowing too, her mane started out black but was glowing at the ends of her hair. She was now a lava pony. As she looked around, she noticed that some metal was literally starting to melt just from her being there in the room. She looked at the being who had done this to her and recognized her as Midnight, the alicorn she saw Sunny Starscout fight. The doctors who were with her become encased in green flames and reveal themselves to be changelings.

“Y-You're.. you’re..” she tried to say, having the instinct to scream for help but Midnight gently shushed her. She nods hesitantly but still looks confused. “Why.. why did you help me? Are YOU actually the good guy and Starscout's gone insane?” she asks and Midnight nods.

“You’re right about that young one, I’ve actually wanted to help Equestria for a long time but Sunny Starscout has decided to take matters into her own hands by force. That’s why I said she’s Equestria’s “so-called” protector. She doesn’t look out for everypony else because she thinks it’s the right thing to do, she does it for the fame. She destroyed your home to make it look like an accident, she and the zebra she was with. Sunny Starscout is.. supposedly dead but the zebra, Askari, is still out there.. so how would you like a little.. payback?” Midnight asks with a smirk on her face, earning the same smirk from the lava unicorn. “What’s your name?” she asks and the unicorn thinks about it and shakes her head.

“From now on.. my name will be.. Magma..” she says with the same smirk on her face as her eyes glow more.


Back in the Crystal Empire

Sunset Shimmer's team had finally arrived but even with them here, it wasn’t enough. Sombra was winning as the snow storm was affecting everypony else but not him and his army. Therefore, it was slowing them down which gave him an advantage. They were now all gathered in the palace as Sombra’s army continued to attack. Sombra walked closer to them, his scythe ready to strike even if it didn’t look as so. Flurry Heart was holding the fragments of the crystal heart which she had found behind a building. She was absolutely devastated from the realization that she was about to lose her family, her friends, her home.. everything she loved.. was about to belong to Sombra.. she looked at her mother who was injured along with Celestia, Luna, and Discord. She shook her head slowly, on the verge of crying. “I’m sorry mom.. I failed..” she said as she lowered her head, one single tear rolling down her cheek. “I wish aunt Twilight was here.. she would’ve already stopped him an hour ago, hell even earlier than that.. but me.. I’m pathetic.” she said sadly.

She felt a soft but firm blow to the side and looked at Cozy Glow who was glaring at her. “You’re not pathetic.. but you ARE dumb for being so hard on yourself.. you didn’t fail at anything, this isn’t on you.. you hear me..?” she says firmly as she grabs and holds Flurry Heart’s hand that has the fragments in it. “Twilight doesn’t need to be here just for Sombra to be stopped.. we did the best we could.. and if I have to go.. I’m glad it’s with you..” she said, smiling warmly and lovingly at Flurry Heart and Flurry Heart smiles back and nuzzles her, prompting her to nuzzle back.

“Thank you Cozy.. I’m glad I get to go with you too.. and all the ponies I love..” Flurry Heart said and they both close their eyes after Sombra raises his scythe. “I love you..” she says and Cozy responds with “I love you too, ya lovable dummy.”

“How sad, I almost feel remorse for doing this but now that that’s out of the way, it’s time for all of you to-“ Sombra says but is cut off when both Flurry Heart and Cozy Glow's adjoined hands start glowing and so does Flurry Heart's horn. They both open their eyes and are shocked to see all this. They let each other’s hands go and the fragments of the crystal heart float above everyone, starting to spin and glow brighter than ever. Once they stop spinning, the crystal heart is rebuilt but it’s now pink on the outside and blue in the middle and it’s more beautiful and vibrant than ever.

“Whoooaaa.” Everyone says, stunned by the spectacular display of pure love and affection in the form of a magical light show. Cadence wakes up to this and smiles at seeing her daughter and her chosen love about to beat their sworn enemy for hopefully the final time. They both smile at each other then glare at Sombra who backs up a bit. He blasts magic at them but it’s blocked by the bubble of magic around them.

“Some villains never learn do they?” Cozy asks Flurry who shakes her head in response.

“No they do not.” Flurry says before turning to Sombra. “NOW do you understand Sombra?! No matter how many villains you bring to help you, no matter how powerful you get, there will always be one or two things that will always be capable of stopping you!” she yells and she and Cozy Glow finish the statement at the same time.

THE MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE!

And with that, the powerful magic shoots towards Sombra in a beam of beautiful multicolored energy. Sombra tries blocking it which doesn’t last long and he struggles not to be defeated once again but in his case, it’s a losing game. He screams in agony as he starts to disappear. “No.. not again.. NOOOOOOOOOO!!” he yells as he slowly disappears into nothing, the resulting explosion causing his army to disappear along with his dragon. After the entire army is gone, so is the magical bubble around the two lovers.

“Well.. golly, I wasn’t expecting that.” Cozy Glow says, earning a chuckle and a kiss from Flurry Heart. Everyone celebrates the defeat of the crystal king and the restoration of the crystal heart and empire. Chrysalis crosses her arms and smirks while standing next to Tirek.

“I knew they could do it.” she says and Tirek laughs and nods.

“You only knew because you could sense their love for one another, cheater.” he says.

Izzy and Hitch smile at everyone, happy to be alive but still both exhausted.. and cold. Izzy sighs, looking over everything and everyone. “Seeing all this.. makes me feel more and more determined to get Sunny back.. more optimistic about it, ya know?” Izzy asks and Hitch nods.

“I hear you Izzy.. and we WILL get the Sunny we know back.. it’ll just take a bit of effort. But we’ll keep trying, right?” Hitch asks and Izzy smiles and nods. Both she and Hitch's new phones beeped and when they checked them, they both see a text from Phyllis.. saying Sunny was in Maretime Bay.. they look at each other before telling Artemis and Brightburn the news. After that they instantly head off for Maretime Bay, their exhaustion temporarily being forgotten, hoping nothing seriously bad was happening right now..

Author's Note:

Ok I have to ask.. who thinks Midnight would be the most op villain in MLP? If she was actually in it of course but still.