• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 2,016 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Old and New - AlphaToothless95



Bringing magic back had many perks and benefits. But not all of them benefit the greater good. Sunny is about to learn that the hard way.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,016

Calm before the storm

“I still can’t believe it’s been weeks since magic was brought back,” said Sunny, who was standing in front of her newly repaired lighthouse next to her friends. She turns to them before continuing “it feels like it was just yesterday, doesn’t it?”

“I mean.. I guess. For me, I kinda have mixed feelings about it but it’s whatever.” said Zipp, earning a sigh from her sister.

“Well I don’t know about the rest of you but after these past few weeks, I need some proper rest,” she said before turning to leave and head back to Zephyr Heights. “We still on for tomorrow?” she asked the question both her and her sister were wondering, to which she earned a nod from each of their friends.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Said Hitch, to which the bright, joyful unicorn beside him agreed.

“Neither would I!” Shouted Izzy before bouncing off towards the direction of Bridlewood. Before she left, she waved goodbye to all her friends who waved back and wished her a safe trip back home. After that, she disappeared behind the hill and the others said goodbye to each other and all went home. Sunny, after closing the door, readjusted the picture of her and her dad when she was little and stared at it for a bit, reminiscing on the good times she had with him, smiling.

“We did it dad.. all three pony kinds are getting along again.. they’re all united, just like we wanted.. we did our part.. hoof to heart.” said Sunny, the sadness evident in her voice as well as the joy that she was able to fulfill their promise. She looked around her lighthouse, glad to see it back to the way it was before.

She let out a yawn, having gotten very little sleep lately, she decided it was best if she went to sleep early. She went to her room, disabled her magic, (That’s how I’m hoping her magic works, like it’s an on and off thing) climbed into bed, and slowly went to sleep. This prompted the strangest thing to occur. She had a dream about not only her dad, but also one of the ponies from ancient Equestria who was also a guardian of friendship, Princess Twilight Sparkle. It started out peaceful, that was until she told Twilight what she managed to do. That was when things started getting scary. Twilight’s smile slowly shifted into a scowl and that made Sunny confused and nervous.

“W-What’s wrong? I brought friendship and magic back to Equestria. I thought you would be happy.” said Sunny, which turned out to be a mistake because when she did, everything went dark and she couldn’t see Twilight or her father anymore. She did see a light coming from behind her but when she turned around, it was Twilight but her eyes were glowing and she looked terrifying and her voice sounded even more so.

“That magic was NOT yours to give!” shouted Twilight, making Sunny cower in fear of the furious alicorn towering over her.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to upset you but if I didn’t bring back magic, who would’ve?!” Sunny shouted back, but that just made Twilight angrier. Seeming to have had enough, she blasted her magic at Sunny but right as it hit her, Sunny woke up, sweating and she could feel herself shaking, tears streaming down her cheeks. She got up and tried to calm down though the storm that had started outside while she was sleeping wasn’t helping in the least. She had always hated storms but something felt different about this one, like it was being caused by some sort of powerful magic.

She looked outside and saw rain, lightning strikes every few seconds, and… shadows that the lightning strikes help her see. They look like pegasi but when she looks again, she sees that one of them has a horn. Another lightning strike forces her to blink and when she opens her eyes, lightning is striking in front of the lighthouse and two ponies, who she guesses to be the shadows she saw in the clouds. Walk out of it.. completely unharmed. Sunny looks shocked and she puts on an orange hoodie and boots and hesitantly walks outside, readying her magic.

“Ummm who are you two?” Sunny asks. As she observes them she sees their colors and the one without a horn is a huge male pegaus with a grey coat and a long, white mane, the lightning mostly coming off of him and he has blue eyes. The other one is a female alicorn with a yellow coat and a red mane and green eyes. They both have their own armor that matches their colors and it looks kinda ancient which intrigues her.

“Sunny Starscout, all will be explained in do time, but right now all you need to know is that Equestria is in danger.. and we need your help to save it from the threat that is coming to destroy it.” says the female alicorn, earning a shocked look from Sunny.

”Not again.. not so soon.” Sunny thought. Once again Equestria was depending on her to save it but this time, possibly from far worse than itself. She invites the two inside for them to explain more and they follow her inside and she offers them something warm to drink and they accept and after she gives them their drinks. They explain and Sunny just sits across from them and listens.

“When you brought back magic and became an alicorn, you also brought back old foes and creatures and allowed new ones to be formed. The most dangerous one was trapped and asleep for thousands of years. She was the reason Equestria needed those crystals to keep magic for a while.. the reason Twilight Sparkle and her friends vanished.” said the female alicorn and that last part alone was enough to make Sunny freeze up completely. This was bigger than she thought. The same threat that's coming to destroy or take over Equestria caused the ponies she looked up to.. to disappear.

Author's Note:

These two characters are OC's and there will be more OC's in this story including my own. And Sunny's magic only works how I hope it’s gonna work and she and other future characters might be stronger than they’re supposed to be. Also I’m sorry if the character’s personalities aren’t the same as in the shows/movies.