• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 2,017 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Old and New - AlphaToothless95



Bringing magic back had many perks and benefits. But not all of them benefit the greater good. Sunny is about to learn that the hard way.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,017

Broken hearts and shattered bonds Pt. 3

Back on the airship

To say Sunny’s mind was racing was an understatement. She was just a big bottle full of so many emotions like anger, sadness, guilt, hatred.. she was just completely lost.. conflicted. On one hand the real her was struggling to cope with the weight of what she’s done.. all the lives she just saw taken. On the other the darkness inside her was proud of what they had accomplished, what they were going to accomplish. One thing she also couldn’t stop thinking about was her friends, especially Izzy. The unicorn had said she loved her but Sunny needed to know if she meant just as a friend or.. maybe something more. Regardless she wasn’t going to find out anything on this airship.. at least nothing related to her friends. As she walked around the airship, she came across something that made her mind temporarily stop working. Pages from her father’s journal, specifically the ones that were so close to leading him to something that could free the old guardians of friendship.

She looked around before walking in the room and picking them up, starting to read over them. As she read over them, she saw that there were landmarks on a map that he had marked and guessed that those must be places with clues that he had followed. She felt some sense of control and excitement come back to her until she heard a deep mechanical voice behind her. “Mind explaining what you’re doing in here young one?” the voice asks and after turning around quickly, Sunny sees an armored pony in black technological armor with purple lights in some areas and an intimidating mask with purple eyes. She secretly puts the notes through a opening in her armor before answering.

“N-Nothing, I was just looking around, making sure everything’s accounted for. Why are you here?” Sunny asks, to which the response she gets is the armored pony walking up to her, just staring at her and seeming to glare even though she can’t see his face.

“Midnight has requested your presence for training with Askari and if I were you, I wouldn’t keep her waiting little pony.” he says and she huffs and walks off, not knowing that he was going to check to see if anything was missing. Once he saw that the notes were gone he followed Sunny and saw her training with Askari while Midnight watched them and decided to tell her that Sunny was starting to catch on. Once she heard that, the look on her face was a displeased one which turned into a smirk that meant she had an idea. She told them both to stop training for a bit and follow her. She then showed them a far away location, a lone island with a volcano, the next island that was a target to her.. and Sunny's last stop. She placed a device on Sunny’s armor and another one on herself, lying and saying it was something that would shield Sunny from the lava since she would be the one causing the volcano to erupt. What it really was though was a device that would allow her to steal Sunny’s magic no matter where she was. Midnight also told them to deal some damage to any islands along the way, so that way even if Sunny survives what she has planned and turns back to normal, she’ll be so guilt ridden that she wouldn’t be able to forgive herself no matter what.

As they departed, she smirked to herself. Yes.. everything would certainly go according to plan..


At the crystal empire

Sombra had stolen the crystal heart and caused ponies to start panicking and distrusting each other, accusing each other which had ultimately led to fights. He chuckled to himself and stared at the crystal heart.. before crushing it with all his newfound strength. He then walked out from behind a building, a cloud of shadows trailing behind him. He looks around as ponies run away at the sight of him, putting a smile on his face. Once again, his kingdom was about to belong to him. Discord appears in front of him, looking less than pleased. “Well well well, look who decided to show up.” Sombra says with a growl added to his tone to show his displeasure at the sight of the lord of chaos.

“Believe me Sombra, I would much rather be tracking down the Dazzlings but at this point, when do I ever get what I want?” he says before snapping his fingers and waiting for something to happen to Sombra but when nothing does, he facepalms and growls in frustration. “See?! That right there is what I’m talking about!! Looks like Midnight got to you too.. and I’ll have to do this the old fashioned way..” he says as he gets ready to fight and Sombra smirks until Celestia, Luna, and Cadence land next to him.

“Then you won’t be alone.” Cadence says while glaring at Sombra. When Flurry Heart lands, she grows worried and looks at her. “Sweetie, I need you to go back to the palace, protect it no matter what.” she tells her.

“What?! But I can help you all!” Flurry Heart shouts, not wanting to leave her mother to fight while she falls back to protect the castle. “Please, please mom, let me help..”

Cadence gives Flurry Heart a reassuring smile and kisses her daughter on the forehead. “We’ll be ok sweetie.. promise.. now go and help your father defend our kingdom.” she says and Flurry Heart hesitates for a bit. Sombra laughs evilly before speaking.

“Obviously that won’t be enough motivation for her.. but this will!!” Sombra yells before stabbing his scythe into the ground, causing a shockwave of dark magic to spread across the kingdom, summoning shadow ponies to attack the kingdom and everypony is horrified. Sombra wasn’t able to do that before but now that Midnight has corrupted him and given him a power boost, he’s bound to have even more tricks up his sleeve. Cadence looks at Flurry Heart again and urges her one more time.

“Go now! Protect everypony, get the others to help out too!” she yells and Flurry Heart nods before flying off to defend their home. The other princesses and the lord of chaos all turn back to the crystal king himself, glaring as he continues to smirk.

“Now then..” Sombra says, spinning his scythe around until he’s in his stance, and after he is he continues. “It’s time to die!!” he says before charging at them all and they charge back.

Flurry Heart lands in the palace and tells everyone what’s going on, including the reformed legion of doom. “Ok everyone, this is where we stand. Split up into groups, stay with your partner, and coordinate your attacks. Protect each other and the citizens no matter what!” she says and as she explains the plan, Shining Armor smiles proudly at his daughter and informs the royal guard that it’s time to move out. Everyone nods and splits up to do their part. Flurry Heart going on her own to defend the most affected areas. No way she was going to lose her home without a fight. Not now. Not ever. She would rather die in battle than just give up everything like a coward. If Sombra wanted to be a victim to yet another defeat, that’s exactly what he was going to be.