• Published 15th Nov 2021
  • 10,561 Views, 1,503 Comments

In the wake of Anon-A-Miss - General Alduin



It's been a month since the Anon-A-Miss incident, and Sunset feels more alone than ever. Can Sunset forgive those who betrayed her? Can the school recover in time for the friendship Games? Can everyone move on from Anon-A-Miss?

  • ...
26
 1,503
 10,561

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset never asked for this

“Scoots! Ah have a bone to pick with-” Apple Bloom stopped when Scootaloo looked up, revealing the bandages wrapped around her nose. “What happened to yah?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Scootaloo growled, going back to her food. “You said you had a bone to pick with me?”

“Uh, yeah.” Apple Bloom said gently as she sat down, not sure if yelling at Scootaloo right now was a great idea. “Why didn’t yah tell me Sunset was barred from being Valedictorian?”

“Oh, yeah. That.” Scootaloo picked at her food. “In my defense you were too busy sucking face with Diamond during lunch and I didn’t see you after school.”

“We were not sucking face!” Apple Bloom said defensively.

“Well whatever it was you two were doing, I didn’t want to interrupt… more than I already did. I was going to tell you at some point.”

“Why didn’t yah tell me yer plan the moment yah made it?”

“Something told me you didn’t want to involve yourself in another secretive plan after what happened Saturday. I wasn’t even sure if Sunset would go for it so didn’t see any pressing need to tell you.”

“Alright, and what is yer plan exactly?”

“Simple. I’m recruiting everyone to not walk at graduation in protest of the school board's decision. I’m trying to recruit the entire school from seniors to middle schoolers and maybe even beyond, but I’m willing to take whatever will reverse their decision.”

“Would that even work?”

“It makes a statement to the school board that we want Sunset to be treated fairly and be given the chance to be Valedictorian, I’m sure we'll get some kind of news coverage. Plus, parents will be annoyed if their kid doesn’t go up for graduation, I’m sure many parents are looking forward to that. So that’s another thing that will light a fire under the school board's ass.”

“You’re lucky I’m cool, otherwise I’d have smacked you in the head for that.” Both girls looked over to see Sunset standing near the table.

“Sunset!” Apple Bloom said with some surprise.

“Hey sis.” Scootaloo answered tiredly.

“Yeah...” Sunset winced, setting her tray down on the table and sitting down. “I actually wanted to talk to you about that.”

“You want to make it official?”

“Make what official?” Apple Bloom looked confused. “What’s going on?”

Sunset opened her mouth to answer but Scootaloo beat her to it. “I’m done with that egotistical bitch Rainbow Dash.”

“Scootaloo!” Sunset admonished while Apple Bloom just looked confused.

“Yer done with… what happened?”

“It’s my fault.” Sunset said before Scootaloo could answer. “I was tutoring Dash yesterday and I basically extorted her to talk with Scootaloo. The two were… not ready to face each other and things kind of escalated.”

Apple Bloom looked at the two girls with a blank expression, suddenly huffing in amusement and hiding her smile. “Sorry, Ah shouldn’t laugh, but Ah coulda told yah that was a bad idea.”

“Yeah yeah.” Sunset rolled her eyes. “It was a bad idea and I shouldn't have gotten involved. Guess we both learned lessons about forcing confrontations.”

“But I’m glad you did Sunset.” Scootaloo interrupted. “I finally realized she’s a bad influence on me and was a crappy sister. I mean, I know what I did hurt her, but everyone else’s sisters forgave them and you forgave me, why can’t she?”

“Rainbow handles things differently.” Apple Bloom pointed out. “AJ wasn’t happy with me after Anon, she refused to speak to me for a few weeks after what happened, same with yah and Rainbow. My family forced us into talking things out and that’s mostly because of the farm. We all know Rainbow can be a bit of a hot head and isn’t very good with emotions.”

“Exactly.” Sunset nodded. “Rainbow wasn’t tałking to you because she was both hurt by what you did and was afraid she’d hurt you, if you want to blame someone blame me.”

“Yeah, fine, whatever, she's a hot head. But you’re objectively a better big sister.” Sunset grimaced. “You never hurt me like she did, you’ve been talking to me since Anon, and you’re smart. I want you to be my big sister.”

“Scootaloo, I don’t think I can be your sister. Things are still a little weird between us because of Anon and I’m still a little mad, not to mention that I don’t think I’m cut out to be your big sister, I’m not very sporty or especially tomboyish. Maybe I’ll be more open minded some time in the future, but not now, especially at the cost of Rainbow.”

Scootaloo's shoulders slumped and her frown deepened. Apple Bloom and Sunset gave each other a look, silently asking each other what they should say next.

“Scoots.” Apple Bloom broke the silence. “Ah don’t know what happened between yah and Rainbow yesterday, but Ah know she didn’t mean it. She’s probably racked with guilt for what she did and worried beyond belief she’s lost yah. Yah know she has a temper and that this wouldn't have happened if Sunset didn’t interfere, not to mention she has a right to be angry with all of us for what we did. So maybe yah can give her a chance?”

“Not to mention she’s my friend and I don’t like seeing my friends upset, especially if I was the cause of it. If you really want me to be your sister, then you’ll at least hear Rainbow out. I need to fix this, for both your sakes.”

Scootaloo said nothing, just sat there for a minute before sighing in defeat. “Fine. But I want it to be at my pace and I want a mediator for when we talk.”

“Of course, I’m not letting you two talk unsupervised ever again.” Sunset said with a half smile. “I think it’s best if you two make a list of rules for the other to follow to avoid any… unpleasantness until we figure this out.” Sunset turned to Apple Bloom. “Can you and Sweetie make sure that both of them follow the other's rules?”

“Oh!” Apple Bloom perked up. “Of course! Ah’ll tell Sweetie when Ah see her.”

“Good.” Sunset got up and began to walk away.

Apple Bloom looked around panickedly, debating whether she should stop her. “Sunset!”

Sunset stopped and looked at Apple Bloom, silently urging her to continue.

Apple Bloom took a deep breath to steel her nerves. “Ah need to talk with yah after school.”

“You need to talk to me?” Sunset looked confused. “About what?”

“Just… Ah just need to talk with yah. Think Yah’ll be free?”

Sunset looked back and forth uneasily before nodding. “Alright. Meet me at the front after school. And make it quick, I have plans for later.”

“Deal.” Apple Bloom inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. “See you then.”

“Yeah.” Sunset answered curtly before turning back and walking away.

“Well?” Apple Bloom looked over to Scootaloo. “You going to tell me what that was all about?”

“After yah didn’t tell me about yer Valedictorian plan? No way!”

“You’re never going to let that go are you? I just want to point out it was your fault I couldn’t tell you.”

“Still would’ve been nice for my friend to let me know what’s going on, Ah’m confidant yah could’ve found a way.”

“Says the girl who didn’t tell me that she was forcing Sunset and her sister together.” Scootaloo recoiled lightly as Apple Bloom threw a tater tot at her. “Nice, very mature. Maybe you should go find your girlfriend and suck face.”

“Why do yah have to describe it like that?”

“Because you're my friend and I like to see you embarrassed.” Apple Bloom threw another tater tot, both girls smirking at each other as they started a mini food fight with their tater tots.


“Girls.” The Rainbooms looked over to Applejack, who was currently holding two trays of food while Bon-Bon shyly stood behind her. “Ah hope yah don’t mind, but Bon-Bon will be sitting with us today.”

“Bon-Bon? Why?” Rarity lightly slapped Rainbows forearm. “I mean, I’m not opposed to it or anything, but why? She doesn’t really hang out with us.”

“Not a lot of people are willing to associate with her after her involvement with Anon came out. Ah couldn’t just leave her to eat lunch all alone.”

“Oh yes, I heard about that.” Rarity leaned closer. “I heard Lyra broke up with you over it?”

“Um, well, kinda? She said she broke up with me, but that was mostly when she was angry and she uh… wanted to punish me I guess.” Bon-Bon cleared her throat. “We’re still together, but I’m giving her some space.”

“Oh! Well, I’m glad to hear you two aren’t broken up. I’ve personally always been rooting for you two, you both make a cute couple.” Rarity gestured to the empty seat. “Please, sit. You’re welcome at our table any time darling.”

“Uh...thanks.” Bon-Bon gave an awkward but grateful smile as she sat down, Applejack setting her tray in front of her. “Hey Rainbow, I saw the post about Scootaloo. How are you holding up?”

“Not great.” Rainbow shrugged, her frown deepening. “I’m really worried that I may have scared her away. I fucking love that kid, I don’t know what I’m going to do without her.” She leaned forward and propped her forehead against her hands, rubbing her temples.

Bon-Bon winced. Perhaps that wasn’t the most appropriate subject for her to bring up.

“Hey, it’s ok Rainbow.” Fluttershy said gently, placing her hands on Rainbow's shoulders and rubbing them gently. “Scootaloo will come around, you’ll see. We won’t rest till you two are sisters again, right girls?”

There were murmurs of agreement around the table, Bon-Bon keeping quiet. Soon conversations popped up around the table, Bon-Bon keeping out of it unless she was directly asked a question, too nervous to talk since she was sitting at a new table with people she barely knew.

Eventually Applejack noticed Bon-Bons nervousness, and not wanting her to be left out, turned towards her so they could talk. “So, Bon-Bon. Earlier yah said yah were scared of Derpy. What did yah mean by that? Ah ain’t ever heard of anyone being scared of Derpy.”

“She’s terrifying.” Bon-Bon turned towards Applejack, her previous nervousness having disappeared. “She dragged me outside yesterday and screamed in my face for an hour. She swore at me!.”

“Derpy?” Rainbow said disbelievingly.

“Yes!”

“Sweet little Derpy swore?” Pinkie Pie tilted her head.

“Over a hundred times!”

“She’s like Flutters, I don’t even think she knows how to swear.” Rainbow crossed her arms challengingly.

“I know how to swear, Rainbow.” Fluttershy frowned.

“Really? I’ve never heard you swear.”

“It’s not like I go around swearing, that’s vulgar. But you really think I’m so innocent that I don’t know how to swear?”

“Yes.” Rainbow chuckled as Fluttershy scoffed in an offended manner.

“You make fun, but swearing is unbecoming of a lady. Especially if they do it as much as you.” Rarity said with a teasing smirk.

“Hey!” Rainbow turned towards Rarity and the three girls got into a very mild and half playful argument, Pinkie joining in for the fun of it.

Bon-Bon gave a huff of amusement as she watched, noticing that Applejack hadn’t joined in. “... Hey AJ? About the Sweet Shoppe-”

“We needn’t discuss it.” Applejack held up her hand to stop Bon-Bon. “Ah understand why yer family doesn’t want to associate with mine, though Ah do hope yer mom reconsiders at some point.”

“The customers do miss the candy apples…” Bon-Bon said mostly to herself. “I just wanted to say that I’m grateful you’re doing this for me, even if it is a little awkward. Maybe I can talk to my mom about it?”

Applejack stared at Bon-Bon for a few seconds in contemplation. “Well, Ah’m not going to say no to that.” Her eyes widened as she thought of something. “Want to hang out after school? Ah don’t have any plans, maybe Ah can help talk with yer mom. Plus, Ah’m sure yer desperate to hang out with someone.”

“Oh! Well…” Bon-Bon was quiet for a long moment. “Sure, why not. You don’t have any chores after school?”

“Ah do, but Ah won’t be out too late.”

“Well, I hope you don’t mind doing practically nothing. I’m being punished by my parents.”

“Ah would imagine. We can just talk for a bit, get to know eachother better.” Applejack looked back to Bon-Bon. “5:30 be good? Ah assume yah have detention.”

“That obvious?” Bon-Bon said with an embarrassed smile. The bell rang and the entire room began getting up and making their way out of the cafeteria. “See you after school AJ.”

Applejack gave a lazy wave goodbye as she got her things together and stood up, joining the crowd to get to her next class.

Author's Note:

Hey! Chapter 50! How about that?

Bit of a slower one admittedly, mostly setting up for Scoots/Rainbow and AJ and Bonny hanging out (which wasn’t planned at first yet I decided to add it (I don’t think there’s a lot of fanfics with the secondary six and (hu)mane six/seven))

I have no doubt in my mind Scoots would be the kind of person to describe kissing as )sucking face’, especially to mess with her friends.
I also seem to have made her prone to playing with her food when she’s thinking.

I’m also pretty sure Sunset would be the cool big sister who lets you swear and treats you like an adult.

Also seems Bloom and Sunset have something in common, considering they forced confrontations when neither party were ready. I don’t think Sunset can be as mad at Bloom for that considering she did the same.

I liked Bloom and Sunset double teaming Scoots, trying to reason with her to give Rainbow a chance. It was fun.

And don’t worry folks, Bloom isn’t making any other secretive plan, it’s a lot more subdued then that.

I also love how nobody believes Derpy is capable of swearing.
Would you think she was capable of that?

I had also wanted AJ to talk about how her farm wasn’t doing as good because of Anon, but I forgot to add it and there jsut wouldn’t be any space.
So I decided to instead have Bon-Bon bring it up.
And yes, I know the Sweet Shoppe is basically what SCC is called in Equestria girls, but that’s dumb, why not just call it SCC?
Instead the Sweet Shoppe is a business Bon-Bons family owns that makes candy, and the cafe is SCC in this continuity.

And hey, Bonny and AJ hanging out. That should be interesting.

And yes, the title is a reference to the Deus Ex games

Anyway, thanks for reading my fic!

PreviousChapters Next