• Published 15th Nov 2021
  • 10,468 Views, 1,503 Comments

In the wake of Anon-A-Miss - General Alduin



It's been a month since the Anon-A-Miss incident, and Sunset feels more alone than ever. Can Sunset forgive those who betrayed her? Can the school recover in time for the friendship Games? Can everyone move on from Anon-A-Miss?

  • ...
26
 1,503
 10,468

PreviousChapters Next
A very eventful lunch pt. 2

RARITTYYYYYY!” Pinkie cried dramatically as she wrapped Rarity in a tight hug, catching the fashionista off guard and stifling her breathing. “I missed you so much!”

“Pinkie! Darling, whatever are you talking about?” Rarity choked out. “We saw each other yesterday!”

“No we haven't silly! We’ve both been out of focus for months because we don’t have as many issues with Sunset and we just aren’t needed for the plot!”

Rarity opened her mouth to speak, not sure how to respond to Pinkies ramblings. Both girls looked over when Rainbow Dash slammed her tray on the table and began eating angrily.

Pinkie and Rarity gave each other a look, Pinkie letting go of Rarity and sitting down next to Rainbow Dash. “Everything alright Dashie?”

Rainbow snorted. “Yeah… mostly.” Both girls looked at Rainbow expectantly, eliciting an annoyed sigh from her. “It’s just me and Sunset were supposed to discuss the details of her tutoring me during lunch.”

“Oh that’s wonderful darling! Why aren’t you going up to her then?”

Rainbow gestured vaguely, Both girls looking over to find that Sunset and Applejack were talking with each other at a table on the other end of the lunch room. “I don’t want to interrupt them, Sunset seemed miffed when she went up to AJ, so it was probably important.”

“So, you’re mad she ditched you?”

“No!” Rainbow quickly retorted. “It’s just… I was looking forward to talking to her, even if just a bit. I’m also worried she might just leave after school and I’m left wondering when or if she’ll tutor me.”

“I’m sure that’s not going to happen Dash.” Everyone looked over when Fluttershy sat down in front of Rainbow. “Sunset keeps her promise, I’m sure she’ll find you after school. If not, I’m sure you’ll figure it out tomorrow.”

Rainbow groaned, having wanted to keep this a secret from Fluttershy for as long as she could get away with. “Who told you?”

“AJ.” Fluttershy grinned teasingly. “I’m assuming you didn’t want to tell me so you didn’t have to admit I was right?”

“Yeah, well, my mom was a bit more persuasive than you.” Rainbow stuck her tongue out.

“Did she also tell you to have Sunset punch you in the face?”

Sunset punched you in the face!?” Rarity jumped up in alarm. “I don’t care if she’s angry with us, that is unacceptable! I’m going to go talk to her!” She said angrily, marching to Sunset.

“I offered!” Rainbow grabbed Rarity and forced her back onto her seat. “It’s not a big deal, I’m not even bleeding anymore.”

You offered? Why?!”

“Girls!” Pinkie caught everyone’s attention before they could continue arguing, gesturing to Scootaloo who was running towards their table.

Rainbow Dash glowered and looked away, the other girls getting up to block Scootaloo. “Scootaloo, darling, we’ve talked about-”

“Yeah I know, Rainbow’s still angry with me.” Scootaloo said dismissively. “But that’s not why I’m here.”

All the girls looked at each other with surprise. “Oh, well, why are you here then?”

“I need you girls for something.” Scootaloo smiled confidently, surprising the girls even more. “You see, Sunset has been barred from being Valedictorian by the school board, and that’s not fair. So I hatched a plan to force them to reconsider.”

The girls all looked surprised and a bit disheartened to hear that, even Rainbow Dash turned around.

“We… we had no idea.” Rarity said, breaking the silence. “Why didn’t she tell us?”

“Apparently she just found out yesterday, something about a meeting with Celestia? I don’t know, point is-”

“Wait.” Rainbow Dash interrupted, standing up and walking up to Scootaloo, the preteen shrinking into herself in response. “Was this what was so private you couldn’t talk about it with Sunset in front of me and AJ?”

“Y-Yeah.” Scootaloo cleared her throat nervously. “I wasn’t sure if she wanted to keep it private, or even if she’d allow me to help her, so I decided it was best if I kept it between me and Sunset… just in case.”

No one said anything for a long minute as Rainbow studied Scootaloo carefully. “And how do we know this isn’t one of your schemes?” Rainbow asked suspiciously. “Your sudden change of heart towards her is rather suspicious.”

Scootaloo visibly deflated, hurt that Rainbow could think so low of her. “Look, I know what I did to you, Sunset, and, hell, everyone was wrong. Anon was… I was stupid and I never should’ve gone along with it. I wish I could take it all back and slap my past self in the face.” Scootaloo rubbed the back of her head. “I want to make it up to everyone for what I did, especially Sunset, but I can’t do that if no one gives me a chance.”

“And what do you need us for?”

“No one will listen to me.” Scootaloo laughed bitterly. “But you girls are some of the most popular students at school, they’ll listen to you and, hopefully, go along with my plan.”

The Rainbooms exchanged looks with each other, wordlessly debating among themselves. “Fine.” Scootaloo smiled brightly. “What’s your dumb plan?”

“Simple: none of us will walk at graduation.” Scootaloo recoiled as the girls all immediately rang out in protest. “Hold on! Hold on! Hear me out...” The Rainbooms quieted down, looking at Scootaloo expectantly. “We’re going to graduate, we’re just not going to walk to get our diploma. If we get enough people to refuse to attend graduation in protest, that’ll surely get the school boards attention and get them bombarded with angry parents until they relent.”

“It’s not a terrible plan I suppose.” Fluttershy chimed in. “How many people are you planning to convince?”

“Whatever makes the school board reverse Sunsets punishment. Hopefully, it’ll just be us.” Scootaloo said with a small chuckle. “Now, I was planning on using pamphlets and I was hoping you could design them Rarity.”

“Oh, uh, I don’t know darling, I’m rather busy with the Flin-”

Scootaloo ignored her and turned to Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow, can you try talking to all the sports teams and have them spread the word?”

“I’ll do more than that: I’ll make them come up with a slogan to support Sunset and have them chant it at all our games and practices.”

Scootaloo smiled appreciatively. “The rest of you, try talking among your clubs first and move out to the wider student body, when Rarity finishes the pamphlets we’ll post them all over school.” Rarity threw a hand up in the air in annoyance. “I’ll find Diamond and have her put a story in the school newspaper, just to cover all our bases.”

“Shouldn’t be too hard, she’s eating with Apple Bloom.” Pinkie said as she stared at the two girls with a happy smile. “Awwww, young love.”

“Wait.” Scootaloo immediately turned around. “They are?!” A mischievous smile grew on her face. “So I was right! I’ll see you girls later, good luck designing those pamphlets Rarity!” She said before running off.

Scootaloo stopped a few feet from the two girls, Apple Bloom eventually noticing her and pointing her out to Diamond. Scootaloo smirked and swiveled around, mock making out with an invisible partner.

“Beat it Scoots!”

“That is so immature!”

“We’re having a private moment here!”

“Go creep on someone else’s relationship!”

Scootaloo broke out into entertained giggles, turning back around and using both hands to flip the two of them off as she ran away.


Bon-Bon looks out over the lunch room, trying to find a place to sit. Usually she’d just sit next to Lyra, but something told her that her girlfriend needed some space. There were currently three tables where someone was arguing or fighting with someone else, so she wanted to give those tables a wide berth.

She guessed she could sit next to the Rainbooms, but it seemed Scootaloo was talking with them and she did not want to be anywhere near that girl.

“Secret stealer.” Someone said as they shoulder checked Bon-Bon from behind. The girl winced in response, it had come out pretty quickly that Bon-Bon had stabbed Lyra in the back and revealed her secret and needless to say, half the student body didn’t like her right now.

She had also found that even among the outcasts she wasn’t well liked, angry she got away with it for so long. This severely limited where she could sit, as over half of her fellow students hated her right no-

“Bon-Bon!” Derpy wrapped an arm around Bon-Bons back, placed a hand on her left shoulder, and forcefully pulled her closer. “Just the girl I wanted to see!”

Oh God.’ Bon-Bon thought as she tensed in fear. She had hoped that Derpy was with Sunset by now and wouldn’t seek her out. “H-h-Hey D-Derpy.” She said with a strained smile. “H-how have you-”

“Great! I’m doing just great, thanks for asking. I’ve been getting over the soul crushing feeling of betrayal after all my friends kicked me out because they thought I was some jerk who revealed Lyra's secret to Anon-A-Miss.” Derpy said with a small laugh. “Oh wait, that jerk was you, and for some reason, you didn’t say anything. Isn’t that odd?”

“Derpy, I know you’re angry-” Derpy pulled Bon-Bons lunch tray out of her hands and set it to the side, grabbing Bon-Bons hands and squeezing a little too tight.

“Angry? I’m not angry with you silly!”

“You… you aren’t?” Bon-Bon tilted her head in confusion. Surely even a girl as bubbly and sweet as Derpy would be a little-

“I’m furious with you.” Bon-Bon winced in pain as Derpy squeezed her hands, swearing she thought she heard something crack. “You know, we haven’t had a girl talk for a while now. Maybe it’s time to remedy that?”

Bon-Bons eyes widened in terror. “U-uh Derpy, I-I don’t-”

She didn’t get to continue as Derpy turned away and pulled Bon-Bon along, skipping through the lunch room with Bon-Bon in tow as she desperately dug her heels into the floor.

Everyone stared at the two girls as Derpy pulled Bon-Bon outside and found a secluded spot, making sure to block the only exit. “Here!” Derpy pulled Bon-Bon forward and let go, Bon-Bon shaking lightly and taking a step back.

“Derpy, I-I just want to say-” Derpy placed a finger on Bon-Bons mouth to shut her up.

“Oh I’m sure you have many things to say Bon-Bon, but let me go first, k? I have a lot to get off my chest.” It was more of a demand than a request. She pulled her finger away, and waited for Bon-Bon to interrupt her. “Thank you.” Derpy closed her eyes and took a long, deep breath, exhaling after a moment and stood unmoving for a few seconds.

“Uh, Der-”

WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU!?” Bon-Bon jumped and flattened herself against the wall. “Seriously, what the fuck dude!? What kind of dumbass logic were you fucking using to think it was a good fucking idea to send Anon-A-Miss Lyras fucking secret!? How in the fuck was that supposed to help her in any fucking way!?”

Bon-Bon stared at Derpy with horror. In all the years she’d known Derpy, she had never swore. “D-”

“I’m not fucking finished!” Derpy growled. “Then when it fucking backfired, you fucking decided to throw me under the fucking bus when everyone immediately fucking thought it was fucking me! You know how much that fucking hurt!? And you could’ve fucking stopped it if you fucking confessed. This entire fucking month has been really fucking shitty without all of you, and it was especially shitty when all my fucking friends thought I was fucking capable of fucking doing that to one of my other fucking friends for no fucking reason! And now I learn one of my best fucking friends in the whole wide fucking world practically fucking framed me so she wouldn’t get in fucking trouble! What the fuck do you have to fucking say for yourself!?”

Derpy puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms, looking at Bon-Bon with an angry glare. It was finally then that she noticed that Bon-Bon was crying, Derpy's angry demeanor disappearing instantly. ‘Crap! I might’ve gone a little overboard!’ Derpy thought. “Hey, it’s alright, I didn’t mean that.”

“Yes you did.”

“Ok I did, but I didn’t mean to make you cry. I’m just…” Derpy shifted uncomfortably. “Really freaking angry with you.”

“I know Derpy.” Bon-Bon sniffled and wiped her eyes. “And you have every right to be. I’m so sorry that I didn’t confess it was me and basically framed you, there’s no excuse for hurting you like that. I should’ve confessed when Octie proposed you were responsible, and especially in the last few weeks. I was selfish, cowardly, and stupid and you deserve so much better then me. I… I know it’ll take a while for you to forgive me, if ever, and I understand if you no longer want to be-”

“Shut your face mouth.” Derpy said as she cut off Bon-Bon by placing the palm of her hand directly on Bon-Bons face. “I know what you’re gonna say, and while this was really fucking shitty of you, I still want to be your friend.”

Bon-Bon smiled brightly, tears welling in her eyes as she ran forward and wrapped Derpy in a crushing hug, lifting the girl off the ground much to her surprise. “Oh thank you, thank you so much Derpy!” She held Derpy in the air for a few more seconds before lowering her back on the ground. “I promise, I’ll make it up to you! You won’t regret this!”

“You’re welcome!” Derpy hugged Bon-Bon back, a small smile on her face. “You can start by letting me yell at you some more!”

What?” Bon-Bon felt Derpy's hug grow tighter, realizing she couldn’t pull away now.

“You didn’t think that was it did you?” Derpy said with a cruel smirk. “Like I said, I’m furious. I’ve never felt so much anger in my life! I need to get it all out, otherwise I might kill you later!” Bon-Bon tried desperately to escape as Derpy closed her eyes and took a long and deep breath, exhaling after a moment. “... WHAT THE FUCK-

Author's Note:

And i’m Back! Sorry for the wait.

So, Pinkie freaking out about seeing Rairty is a reference to the fact that they’ve been a bit out of focus for a few months, not being seen in story for months.
Which makes sense, as Pinkie says, they don’t have as many problems with Sunset and aren’t needed to push the plot forward right now.

Dash being angry that she isn’t able to talk to Sunset is a reference to the fact Sunset literally told Dash to seek her out during lunch to discuss Dashes tutoring. A plan I completely forgot about and replaced with something else.

I also feel like Rairty would be busy right before the fling. Seems she’ll have some more work to do for Scoots.

I also decided to have Diamond work in the school newspaper solely because of Ponyville Confidential. Seemed too good not to use.

Also, writing threatening Derpy was a surprising amount of fun. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a fic. Hopefully we won’t see it any more in this fic:pinkiehappy:

I also think this chapter has the most swearing in it then the rest of the fic, and that Derpys the one that swore the most.

On a side note I want to write all in caps and italics for Derpys rant, but I felt that’d get tiresome after a while so I scrapped it.

And to anyone who says there might be a bit too much swearing, especially from Derpy, now exactly would you react in this kind of situation? I’d be furious with my own friend and probably swear at them a bit to get across how awful what they did was and to get some catharsis.
Derpy just saves her swearing for these kind of events.

Also, the ‘I didn’t mean that’ is a small reference to Bride of Discord.
‘Shut your face mouth’ is also a reference to the Goldbergs.

I also wanted a scene later where Bon-Bin is petrified with fear after talking with Derpy, and I realized that wouldn’t happen if I ended the chapter at the two hugging. So I just made threatening Derpy again and had her yell at Bonny some more. Use your own imagination with what she said.

Anyway, thanks for reading my fic!

PreviousChapters Next