• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 2,054 Views, 111 Comments

Rag Doll - No one is home



It started with an old man who just wanted a fresh start. He knew what kinda deal he was making. Gloomy Sonnet was just another sad unicorn. Charlie was just her rag doll. And then magic came back... they were NOT ready...

  • ...
8
 111
 2,054

PreviousChapters Next
Ladybug: I am what I am

“Okay, you’re actually a baby size pony-bug.” Lilly squinted. “Actually, if we don’t get thrown off the train, I’m impressed. How are you getting that past the reality anchors? But I don’t see how this helps us get our stuff back.”

“I was trying to cut a deal with the words! Uncle can let you do that!” Ladybug argued. “But it backfired! Now everypony can see how ugly I am!”

“To be fair the elongated hind legs are actually kinda a weird flex. Six out of ten, I’d make out with you… just kidding… unless you wanna…” The ghost pony offered helpfully.

“Lily!” Ocellia pleaded on the edge of a whine. “This is serious!”

“Yeah, you are seriously not ugly!” The pink ghost pony nodded vigorously. “You’re like a combination terrifying and oddly attractive. You’re like… terrodditractive! And you have big pointy teeth like a shark, but you always make those cutesy-mouth faces.”

“I appreciate what you're trying to do Lily… but I can’t hide anymore.” Ocelia quietly opined.

“Wait, you were hiding?” Ghost Head Lily scratched her noggin with a stray hoof as she floated with her hear reversed. “Everypony could always see you… if anything, you might be better at hiding like this. You’re a sneaky little scuttle-bug!”

“Anyway, though!” Lily pranced he hooves slightly off the floor. “So I’m gonna read a room and assume you can’t change back. See, this is why I sat by you on the train. Exactly this. You’ve got a case of the interestings!”

Lily, this is…” Ocelia was immediately interrupted.

“Those big back legs… do you kick when sleep-snuggling? I’m asking for a friend…” Lilly nervously tapped her front hooves.

-=-=-=-

“You’re a clever box.” The ragdoll sneered as the nightmare screamed in binary as it became undone. “You can fool the ladybug. But you're gambling that she won’t find out.”

::ERROR! MAGICAL ARTIFACT CONTAINMENT FILE BREACHED!

“Calm your subroutines. I ain’t breached nuthin’ yet.” The doll make chuckling noises as it’s head bobbed. “I’ma let you poke poke my ladybug. Next fragment on the line might think better.”

::INITIATING CONTAINMENT PROTOCOLS!

“You do that.” The ragdoll lazily lounged in it’s box. “Do you think it’s gonna stop her? You can’t even stop me.”

-=-=-=-=-

“Sir!” A clown faced changeling entered the conductors car in a near panic. “We’ve detected multiple issues in car 42, moving through one of the hospital fragments.”

“Issues larger than a Nopony fragment on the damned train?” The snake mouthed pony-beast scowled.

“Okay, I swear this is not me this time.” The floating crystal changeling head chimed in. “And if I’m honest, and we both know I’m not, you know if it was me I’d be bragging about it, because I really enjoyed my crimes.”

“We believe it may be related sir!” The changeling clown reported dutifully. “Some creature has accessed the Text to bypass the reality anchors, sir. And we’ve located a Ghost Head Lilly trying to circumvent her travel ban.”

“Well hell, hell, hell.” The crystal head grinned. “Things just got mighty fine interesting…”

Author's Note:

Ladybug and Ragdoll shrugged... :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next