• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 2,054 Views, 111 Comments

Rag Doll - No one is home



It started with an old man who just wanted a fresh start. He knew what kinda deal he was making. Gloomy Sonnet was just another sad unicorn. Charlie was just her rag doll. And then magic came back... they were NOT ready...

  • ...
8
 111
 2,054

PreviousChapters Next
Ladybug Chapter 27: The Ladybug Shot First

“My name is Sunny Star Scout!” The disheveled and desaturated earth pony wearing a hospital gown cried to the assembled group of patients. “About a month ago, I discovered my old latern had real magic. I don’t even know how I got here. I really just want my lantern back. My dad made it for me…”

“I just love group therapy.” Lily rotated her head 180 degrees and laughed. “We can just let it all out. If it wasn’t for the magic stealing head nurse, this would actually be therapeutic.”

“That’s not very considerate of Sunny’s feelings, Lily.” The therapist chided kindly.

“Oh come on, Misty!” The pink, ethereal filly smirked back. “Everyone here knows you’re the one who actually fudges the paper work. Seriously, you actually need this worse than we do.”

“Maybe I should go next, then.” Misty responded with a sad smile. “My name is Misty, and I don’t have a cutie mark. But even though I don’t have a real purpose, Head Nurse Opaline gave me this very important job helping ponies come to terms with the fact that we can’t all be special. In fact none of us really are…”

“I am an undead ghost pony, who is totally hecka dead!” The ghastly pink filly floated and spun her head seven hundred and twenty degrees. “And I’m pretty sure I was older than this fragment universe before I died. You ponies can not be special all day long, but Ghost Head lily is special as -oof!” The filly slammed downward into the circular table separating the group. “Oww, oh yeah. Reality anchors. Substantiality sucks flank. Forgot, I managed to catch the ghost train, so I’ll be out in the next three to four days. Love you guys.”

“Huh, I was wondering why you were bothering to use doors today…” A slim, cream colored pegasus with desaturated chromatic wings absently took notice.

“Yeah, I can’t do the floaty through things and ponies, right now.” Lilly rolled her eyes into the back of her head revealing big red X-marks. “Being solid is a drag. I honestly don’t get how you put up with it. Doors suck.”

“My name is Pipp Petals.” The pegasus sighed heavily. “I was just about to steal my mom’s crown when Mean Queen Ovalteen managed to snatch me out of my fragment. Jokes on her though, that crown was just glitter and macaroni.”

“Let’s just let it all out then!” A delicate fluff of a pegasus fluttered onto they table. “Maybe if you had the real crown, Opaline wouldn’t have it right now? Maybe if I’d been the one with the macaroni art… my actual sister wouldn’t have just left me hanging like that!”

“It’s okay to let it out.” Misty smiled sadly. “None of us are really from here.”

“My name is Ocellia Ladybug Pastel. And before they fell out of the real universe, my family kept the most accurate history of the time before Equestria locked the rest of the world out.” The ladybug spread her wings and looked directly into the camera. “I know you’re watching. All I want is my phone and my doll. But if you want to keep a doll that can open any path all to yourself… then try. Can you open a path to give a pony their cutie mark? My doll can.”

Author's Note:

Ladybug ain't playing. She is way past playing around... :unsuresweetie:

PreviousChapters Next