• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 2,054 Views, 111 Comments

Rag Doll - No one is home



It started with an old man who just wanted a fresh start. He knew what kinda deal he was making. Gloomy Sonnet was just another sad unicorn. Charlie was just her rag doll. And then magic came back... they were NOT ready...

  • ...
8
 111
 2,054

PreviousChapters Next
Ladybug, Chapter 25: What do you want?

“Cursed magic wishing doll, huh?” Lilly Propped her head on one hoof while her lower spine twisted one hundred and eighty degrees with her hind legs crossed. “I mean it’s kinda cliche, but it got you on the ghost train, so it’s got a little kick anyway.”

“Uncle doesn’t really grant wishes, he can just guarantee outcomes.” The lady bug explained, shaking her head. “He only opens paths, he can’t walk them for you… actually carrying him on the path is kinda part of the deal.”

“Still pretty dope, girl!” The pink filly insisted. “Especially if it can open paths through the fragmentarries! Your doll is a straight up multiversal artifact… which is really too bad cause you ain’t getting that back. Head Nurse Opaline’s whole deal is stealing magic. She confiscated my POoRN, that’s why I had to wait to catch the ghost train.”

“You mean like my brother’s dirty magazines?” Ocelia recoiled is disgust. “EW! What kind of weirdo gawks at ovipositors! I don’t care what mom said, Frank is weird! And he should feel bad!”

“Uh… POoRN is a Potential Object of Relativistic Normality. It’s a multiverse traveling device.” Lilly made her own gross out face, the momentarily became transparent to show her totally grossed out skull. “Thanks for sharing… I guess… I can cross off ‘what qualifies as a kink to an insectoid’ off the old curiosity list of things I really did not want to know.”

-=-=-=-=-

“So we finally meet face to face, Mr. Ragdoll.” The doll’s expresionless button-eyes bored into the plum colored, white maned, pegasus nurse’s soul, as it sat passively on her desk.

Gravity pulled the doll’s head fell to one side as it watched and judged the would be queen. “Don’t judge me!”

“Don’t you DARE look at me that way!” The plum older pony pegasus nurse nurse cocked her head to one side as a lone vein played a conga line for the all to visible frown lines that framed her eyes.

“Do you see what I’m doing yet?” The Ragdoll spoke.

“I see that according to hospital surveillance, a certain filly claims you are a magical doll that grants wishes.” The aging mare with too much eye make-up glared at the doll. “Stop doing that! I do not look like some old mare! I am regal and majestic!”

“You really should leave OC out of this.” The dolls voice snarled behind it’s passive, sewn-in features.

“How about we make a deal?” The nag’s sneer was nauseating. And her mane was clearly gray, not silver. “I ignore your precious lady bug, and you give me everything I want?”

“I have a better deal.” The doll rose to its plushy hooves and shook its lowered head in challenge. “You leave OC out of this, or else I promise I will give you everything you ever asked for.”

“Wait… did you just threaten me with everything… I ever… wanted…” The mare who knew she had aged badly finally saw the writing between the walls.

“You are not going to do exactly what I tell you to do to get what you want.” The doll laughed with genuine mirth. “Is that what you really want?”

Author's Note:

OC and Ragdoll begin to navigate the first Fragment of the Ghost Train... :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next