• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 2,054 Views, 111 Comments

Rag Doll - No one is home



It started with an old man who just wanted a fresh start. He knew what kinda deal he was making. Gloomy Sonnet was just another sad unicorn. Charlie was just her rag doll. And then magic came back... they were NOT ready...

  • ...
8
 111
 2,054

PreviousChapters Next
Ladybug,Chapter 24: Make sure you want to go there...be aware of your size.

“You know what changelings are?!?!” The Ladybug burst out, interrupting her new friend.

“Pones are unaware of changelings… Are you pre invasion?” The pink filly rolled over in her bed while keeping her head oriented on her target of inquiry like an owl… or the victim of a massive spinal injury.

“Pre.. Invasion?” The Ladybug stuttered.

“Actually this is a weird hospital fragment…” Lilly mused, rolling over again and frowning, resetting her head 360 degrees with a dull crack. “Why are you a bug-colored pegasus? We both know you're really a changeling. With more than four hooves… be glad they take your devices on day zero. That ‘missing legs’ dance? Viral!” The crazed filly sang.

“I-I’m…” Ocellia stammered.

“NO! We’re playing guess who!” The little pink pegasus pulled tight the blinds on the windows overlooking Lower Zephyre Heights. “They don’t just not know about changelings, they don’t even exist here. Or you wouldn’t be a very confused little pegasus.”

“I-I don’t understand.” Ocelia stammered.

“The ghost train pulls you through the fragments.” The pink filly cocked her head back one hundred and eighty degrees so her snout touched her withers. “If you don’t exist it just makes you fit. Like with the human mirror worlds. So you should be a changeling. I’ve never seen a pony fragment that just didn’t have changelings before… And come to think of it, Canterlot looks kinda off.”

“Where’s Uncle?!?!” The Ladybug skittered around the hospital suite. There were two beds. There was space under the beds. There was space under everything. There was no place to hide anything. The princess of cuddle-muffins screamed, “Where is my doll!?!?”

“Wait your uncle, or your doll?” The pink filly rolled over twice without moving her head. “They took all your stuff when you entered the fragment. We’re in the hospital. But if you had another actual person with you, they’re shoe-horned in the hospital somewhere. This part is like the chainlift on the roller coaster. Just stick with Lilly girl, we’re on our way to the twilight zone.”

“Uh, Uncle is my doll.” The ladybug colored pegasus explained. “His name’s not really Uncle… that’s just what I call him. I think his name is Charlie.”

-=-=-=-=-

“Of course it’s Patient #978!” Head Nurse Opaline screached. “It’s literally ALWAYS Patient #978!”

“The patient has actually responded well to exposure to other patients… so far.” The orderly stammered. “The problem, ma’am, is her doll…”

“Explain.” The head nurse petted her precious raccoonicorn pet’s chin-fluff.

“Somepony keeps moving it. Any-time anypony isn’t looking.” The blue earthpony shuffled nervously. “Like some kind of prank, but nopony wants to own up to it. You said to look out for those words. Nopony, and Anypony.”

PreviousChapters Next