• Published 12th Oct 2021
  • 2,050 Views, 111 Comments

Rag Doll - No one is home



It started with an old man who just wanted a fresh start. He knew what kinda deal he was making. Gloomy Sonnet was just another sad unicorn. Charlie was just her rag doll. And then magic came back... they were NOT ready...

  • ...
8
 111
 2,050

PreviousChapters Next
Ladybug, Chapter 1: Reaching Out Post Crisis

“Hey Alphabittle… Call me back when you get this. I don’t know if you’ve talked to Gloomy yet, but… things happened. She left a couple of days ago for Maritime bay, Pegasoft dropped our contract, and I was kinda hoping I could get my old job back… oh, hell, of course she’s gonna want her old job back… nevermind. That would be weird for both of us working together everyday. Can I borrow some bits? Just until I can find a job that a doll owned by a shapeshifting teenage bug-pony is qualified for. Don’t judge, dude. When me and Gloomy made it weird, we made it weird. Gloomy can explain more when you talk to her. Thanks, Alpha. Later.”

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Steve… tell mom I’m fine and I’ll call her soon, things are just complicated right now. DON’T let Frank try to come up after me. The way is blocked. There’s some sort of smiling ooze in the sewer layer, we haven’t settled on a name for it yet. Also don’t tell Frank he was right, the whole ‘Kingdom of Magical Toys’ cover story was a dumb idea. It fell apart immediately. So anyway, I’m fine, I’ll call mom, I can’t get back down there, and you can’t get up here.”

“So much has happened since the magic glitches, and that literally just happened. Uncle (that’s what I’m calling Rag Doll) says that magic is way more stable now, and I can prolly do some new tricks with my disguises. I still can’t change size though, which makes fitting in kinda hard, since I can only realistically disguise as very young pony foals. I can hold a disguise even in my sleep now, though. I can look like whatever I want to look like. You should try it! The point is, don’t worry. I’m fine. I’m just being your super awesome little sister up here reuniting our hive with the surface. I miss you bro. And make sure to tell Frank that I miss him too. The surface is scary and amazing and the only thing that would make it better would be if my big brothers could be here with me.”

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Ladybug… it’s your mother. I want you to know how very proud of you I am. Call me as soon as your ready. I’m not mad at you, I am also less mad than I should be at your ‘Uncle’. Take care and keep being the most amazing thing I ever made! Don’t look at me like that Frank! Your sister needs extra support right now!”

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Hey David, what’s up? You prolly at work. It’s Rag Doll, just checking in. Damn, that magic glitch played hell with me. I mean, I’m like 95% powered by magic. So I was basically in a sensory deprivation chamber the whole time. But I’ve heard things, and stuff. Gloomy’s transformation was kinda just… unwound? And then her color saturated, she became an adult again, she got her cutie mark, and then she just gave me to OC and left. Because that happened.”

“What I was calling to check on was if your transformation stuck, you know because of the medical reasons? Let me know what’s up. You can reach me through OC’s number. If you see Gloomy tell her… tell her how great she is. She deserves that.”

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Ocelia Diane Pastel! You will call me back! I am your older brother and you must give me respect! Do you have enough to eat? Are the ponies picking on you? I made it as far as the Pegapossum nests. I’m supposed to be the oldest brother. What use am I if my little sister runs away past where I can protect her? I am worried for your well being. I was right to be worried! Take care of yourself.”

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Hey… sis… so I immediately told Mom and Frank everything. I’m really sorry, but what do you want me to do? Okay obviously you wanted me to do that thing that you said you wanted me to do. But you don’t have anything to hide from. You’re the Crowned Princess of Cuddle Muffins. You are never, never coming back to the hive. You are going to bring the hive to you. Still, sorry, but I kinda had to tell mom. She was worried. You just keep being great.”

Author's Note:

-=Author’s Note=-

This Chapter is short exactly two voicemails.  They’re not ready to talk to each other again just yet… After the events of Maretime Bay Day, everyone reaches out to everyone else. :unsuresweetie:

PreviousChapters Next