• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 910 Views, 21 Comments

Sofia the First: Hooves and Hearts - Fluffy Master



Sofia Charm is an earth pony living in the village by a castle, and over night she becomes a princess

  • ...
2
 21
 910

One of the royals

Sofia had expected the next day to be better, but during the carriage ride to school, Amber and James had to ruin it. She was the last to get out of the carriage, her heart felt heavy in her chest, weighing her down.

Sofia trotted into class a little before everypony else and set her books on her desk, she sighed, what Amber and James had said wouldn’t stop screaming in her head. What if they were right? She sighed; she had no idea anymore.

“Sofia?” Jun trotted in already prepared to help her friend; she had called to Sofia when she had seen her friend but when she hadn’t responded she knew something was wrong. “What happened?” She approached the earth pony, following Jun was Zandar looking just as concerned.

“It’s nothing.” She wiped away her tears. “Just – nothing.”

“It’s not nothing, if it was nothing you wouldn’t be this bothered. Oh sweetie, did they say something to you?” Jun frowned.

“It doesn’t matter.” Sofia frowned. “I’m always going to be an outcast anyway. They just want to make sure I remember that-”

“That’s not true Sofia, not at all – you are one of us already.” Zandar stepped forward, Sofia looked up at him. “You’ve already proven you’re clever, kind – remember the baby bird you helped yesterday? You’re so kind despite what they’re saying. You haven’t dropped to their level, you’re a true Princess.” Sofia sniffed. “Sofia, can you promise us to believe in yourself a little more? Remember, you’re not alone. We’ve got your back.” Sofia smiled at them.

“Thank you.” She told them. “I guess I needed to hear that.”

“Anytime Sofia.” Jun smiled “We’re in this together now, like Zandar said, you’re not alone anymore.”

“And we can keep Amber and James away from you at school – I wish we could do more when you get home.” Zandar frowned.

“I have a secret place in the castle – they won’t find me there.” Sofia told them.

“That’s good, and if you ever need to talk to get feelings off your chest, we’re here for you.” Jun told her.

“Thanks you guys.” Sofia smiled tearfully and hugged them, they happily hugged her back.

~*~*~*~

Sofia had a little trouble focusing on class, despite her friends efforts, the words weighed heavily on her mind. She was thankful when it was time to go on break.

“Hey Sofia, we just need to talk to the others, want to wait for us on the bridge?” Jun said, Sofia smiled.

“Yeah.” She nodded, trotting over to the bridge as Zandar and Jun approached their classmates.

“Hey Zandar, you want to play ball today?” One prince asked.

“Actually, I’m going to hang out with Sofia today.” Zandar spoke to the other Princes, James gave him an odd look, but Zandar ignored him.

“Oh, is she okay? She did look a little down in classes today.” Prince Khalid asked, the other royals seemed concerned.

“She had a bad morning, but we’ll cheer her up.” Jun smiled. The other royals asked them to send on their regards as they headed over to where Sofia was on the bridge, looking down at the small stream.

“Hey Sofia, let’s go.” Zandar smiled, She smiled at them and followed after them. James and Amber watched them walk away. Amber huffed with a scowl.

“We need to do something else.” She muttered quietly to James, who nodded. The twins to their separate friend groups.

~*~*~*~

The trio of friends stopped as they reached the baby bird’s nest. They were all relieved, glad to see them safe in the nest before continuing their way.

“Honestly, I say you should tell your parents, it is their job to protect you.” Jun told her.

“But-” Sofia began.

“Not but’s or what if’s.” Zandar added. “Sofia, does King Roland see you as a daughter?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Then tell him. He’ll want to protect you too. It’s not your job to get them to stop, it’s the adults. We are just kids.” Zandar place a hoof on her shoulder. “At least – please think about telling him. I think he’d appreciate knowing what’s going on too, and help you when you’re at home.”

“Okay, I will. Oh that does remind me of something happier, I have some great news!” Sofia beamed, causing her friends to look at her. Sofia trotted ahead to face them. “Last night I found out I got my Cutie Mark!” She giggled happily, Zandar and Jun beamed.

“Really? Oh wow, congratulations Sofia!” Jun hugged her friend.

“And I think you’re the first one in class!” Zandar added with a grin. “It’s proof you were always meant to be a Princess.”

“That’s what Dad told me; see he gave me this amulet as a welcome gift. It is also apart of my cutie mark.” Sofia explained.

“Is it magic?” Jun frowned.

“Um, not sure. It hasn’t done anything magical, or it hasn’t yet at least.” Sofia admitted. “But it has to mean something. Dad’s sure it means I was always meant to be a princess, but I’m not sure.”

“Oh, I wonder if you got your cutie mark after helping the baby bird yesterday!” Zandar suggested. “That seems like something that may have triggered it.”

“Oho that’s a good point. Your kindness was very much on show at that point. Shame we didn’t notice until later.” Jun smiled. Sofia giggled.

“I just wish I knew what it meant. Cutie Marks are meant to show our destiny, right? What does mine mean then?” Sofia frowned, looking at her new cutie mark. “What’s my destiny?”

“Well, it does happen, that ponies find their destiny without realising it.” Zandar smiled lightly. “But we have a lot of time to figure it out, there’s no rush.”

“I guess, thanks guys.” Sofia smiled.

“Ohoo – we need to hold a cute-ceañera!” Jun gasped happily. “We can plan it for after your royal debut – I would love to plan it, where would you like it? Oh, and guests you want – this will be so great!” Sofia giggled at her enthusiasm.

“I’d like that – oh, actually if I ask Dad, would you guys come to my royal debut? I’m not sure who’s going to be there, am likely going to know no pony, and stuck with James and Amber for the most of it – I’d feel better if you two were there.”

“We’d be happy too.” Zandar nodded. “My parents would say something like how it would be good from our international connections. Something about it shows our support for the new Princess – and a lot of other royal – somethings.” The girls laughed at him. “I never remember it all.”

“Would your family say something similar?” Sofia looked at Jun.

“Sort of. But maybe not, see Enchancia, Wei-ling and Khaldoun are part of the tri-kingdoms. We’re closer than most, every year we have a huge picnic where the royal families get together for fun and games.” Jun explained. “So, my parents might see it as an additional way to bring our kingdom’s closer.”

“Oh, there’s still a lot I need to learn.” Sofia frowned.

“Don’t worry, we can help -” Jun smiled, the trio stopped as they heard a bell ringing. “Right, we should head back.”

“Race you!” Sofia laughed and started off at a gallop, her friends laughed and raced after her.

Comments ( 2 )

Great chapter!

Are you going to continue this story?

Login or register to comment