• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 907 Views, 21 Comments

Sofia the First: Hooves and Hearts - Fluffy Master



Sofia Charm is an earth pony living in the village by a castle, and over night she becomes a princess

  • ...
2
 21
 907

Just a little Pony

Author's Note:

So, much like the other story I had posted before removing, I have basically ponified Sofia the First, but with a lot of changes to some character personalities. I will be sharing character designs too.
The cover was made by me, and all art is mine too.

Three young fillies played ball in the dusty streets of their village, Sofia Charm caught the ball on her head and giggled, her friends clapped their hooves.

“You have those skills Sofia!” Jade Dawn grinned.

“Yeah! The next Dunwiddie games we’ll win for sure.” Ruby Wheel added, raising her wings happily. “No pony will be able to beat us!”

“You guys are great too.” Sofia giggled. “We are the best of best friends after all.” The fillies laughed and hugged, the ball rolling across the ground before it was stopped.

“Okay fillies, time to head home.” Miranda smiled softly. Sofia turned to her mother sadly.

“Just a little longer, please?” She begged; Miranda chuckled.

“Sorry, remember we need to be up early tomorrow.” Miranda nuzzled her daughter lightly.

“Oh right! You get to go to the Palace! That’s really exciting!” Jade said.

“I guess, I’ll play with you when we get back though, right?” Sofia turned to her friends. They both nodded, the fillies bade each other night as they all headed home.



Miranda tucked Sofia up into bed and kissed her forehead. “Good night sweetie.”

“Night Mom.” Sofia smiled, cuddling up under the blankets. Miranda closed the door lightly behind her

~*~*~*~

Mother and Filly looked up at the palace as they trotted in, Sofia kept close to her mother as they walked through the doors.

“You okay sweetie?” Miranda asked.

“Just, this place is huge,” Sofia mumbled. “It’s –”

“Intimidating? I know, but it’s okay. I’m here.” Miranda smiled. Sofia nodded and stuck close to her mother’s side.

Sofia stood back as her mother fitted the king with new shoes, watching carefully, after all, one day it would be her job. But she noticed how the King and her mother kept glancing at each other, both blushing. Sofia kept quiet after all, that was none of her business.

“The King seemed nice, didn’t he dear?” Miranda asked as they walked away from the castle. Sofia nodded.

“He didn’t seem to mind I was staring at everything-” Sofia blushed a little, Miranda laughed.

“My curious Little Pony. Come on, let’s get home and you can spend the rest of the day with your friends.” Miranda smiled; Sofia beamed bouncing around her mom.

“Yay!” She laughed, neither one of them noticed the King watching them leave with a small smile on his face.

~*~*~*~

“Hey Sofia, your mom’s been heading to the castle a lot recently, has something happened?” Jade asked, it had been a few weeks since they had gone to fit the King for the first time since her mother had been called there a lot, Sofia wasn’t sure why, and it wasn’t about shoes – that she did know. She looked at her two friends and sighed.

“I think they like each other, when we went to fit the king’s new slippers they kept looking at each other and going red,” Sofia explained. “Reminds me how Mom and Dad looked at each other sometimes.”

“How romantic, but how do you feel if that is why?” Ruby asked.

“Sad, and scared. It’s been Mom and I forever. And well, some royals don’t look at us village folk too well.” Sofia huffed; Ruby covered Sofia with one of her wings.

“It’s okay Sofia, I bet the king is really nice.” She said.

“I know, but – it’s not the king I’m worried about.” Sofia frowned; her friends shared a concerned look.

“Right-” Jade mumbled.

“The twins.” The friends said together. Amber Comet and James Shield were King Roland’s children, their mother had died not long after they had been born, and they knew enough that the twins weren’t exactly friendly with ponies of a lower class.

~*~*~*~

“Here are your new shoes Mrs Clover.” Sofia deliver a pair of new shoes off at the baker’s door, Mrs. Clover smiled.

“Thank you so much, Sofia, just like your mother.” She ruffled the filly’s mane with a wing. “Do say hello to your mother for me.”

“Will do, have a lovely day!” Sofia nodded and trotted down the road, greeting several other older ponies. Her mother had once again been called to the castle, but with shoes needing to be delivered, Sofia jumped at the chance to show her mother how much she had grown. This task was easy as pie for her, and it gave her a chance to greet everypony. She stopped by the tailors and knocked on the door. A grumpy looking unicorn stallion looked out; Sofia beamed up at him. His expression softened at the sight.

“Good Afternoon Sofia Charm, to what do I owe this pleasure?” He smiled.

“Mom finished your slippers, your wife’s, and those new galloping shoes you ordered last night!” Sofia unhitched her cart and went round to look at the deliveries, and picked up the boxes easily, balancing them on her head like it was nothing. He laughed heartily.

“You have your mother’s talents in ya, no pony could balance shoes in boxes like that.” He grinned and took the boxes from her. “Lily will be thrilled to get her new slippers.”

“I’m glad, remember – any problems and just drop by whenever.” Sofia smiled.

“Will do, have a good day now.” He nodded.

“I will, Bye!” She hitched up to her cart again and continued her task, smiling the whole way – wait until her mom saw all the deliveries she had made.



“Mom! You’re home!” Sofia gasped happily, noticing her mother from the back door, Miranda turned and smiled.

“Yep, not too long ago. How did those deliveries go?” Miranda embraced her daughter.

“They went great, I delivered them all!” Sofia stood proudly. “Oh, Mrs Clover says hi, and Miss. Swirl says you should drop by the store soon.”

“I’ll keep those in mind, thank you, sweetheart. You’ve grown up so much.” Miranda told her; Sofia beamed happily.

“Does this mean I can help out with the store more?” Sofia asked.

“Well, we’ll see. I have some big news of my own.” Miranda said.

“You do, what is it?” Sofia asked.

“I’ll tell you over dinner. Want to help me make it?” Miranda offered; Sofia nodded eagerly.



“You said you had big news mom! What is it?” Sofia asked as they settled at the table, Miranda chuckled.

“You have to promise to be calm though, okay?” She said.

“Promise.” Sofia nodded.

“Well, The King asked me to marry him,” Miranda told her daughter, Sofia stared at her mother in shock.

“Okay – um, so what did you say?” Sofia asked nervously.

“I – I said yes. He wants to be able to meet you again before the wedding.” Miranda told her.

“Why?” Sofia frowned lightly.

“Because we’ll become one family, he wants to know how you feel about all this too.” Miranda smiled.

“Really?” Sofia was surprised at that. “But it’s between you two.”

“He understands that we come as a package deal.” Miranda smiled. “If he didn’t accept you, I would have said no in a heartbeat.”

“Wait, would this – this make me a Princess?” Sofia’s ears fell back at the realisation.

“I guess it will.” Miranda nodded.

“But-but mom! I don’t know anything about being a princess, and I’m an Earth pony, every other royal is a unicorn, how am I meant to fit in if I can’t do magic like them. How are lessons going to work?” Sofia panicked and began pacing, Miranda sighed softly. “No pony is going to like me!”

“You’re worrying too much Sofia. Besides if they don’t it’s their loss, you are amazing my little pony. If others can’t see that, that’s their problem.” Miranda stopped her daughter and held her close.

“I’m scared mom.” Sofia frowned.

“I know, this is a very big change, for the both of us. And no matter what our lives will be like after, I will always be here to listen to you and help you, my dear.” Miranda promised. Sofia cuddled close to her mother, closing her eyes.

~*~*~*~ Designs ~*~*~*~