• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 907 Views, 21 Comments

Sofia the First: Hooves and Hearts - Fluffy Master



Sofia Charm is an earth pony living in the village by a castle, and over night she becomes a princess

  • ...
2
 21
 907

Princess Sofia

Author's Note:

Sadly no art in this chapter, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Miranda and Roland were married not long later, Sofia loved the ceremony, even though Amber and James ignored her presence completely, she didn’t mind though, seeing her mother smiling so happily brought her a lot of joy. She even got to dance with her new Dad, which was a lot of fun!



A few days after, Sofia had just finished packing the last of her things as she and her mother were now moving to the castle. She carefully moved the last of her bags into her case and closed it. She sighed and looked around the room, it was going to be so weird having a room to herself at the castle, but it was exciting. Her eyes stopped in front of a painting of her father and smiled softly. Sofia was glad she looked a lot like him, he had patches of a lighter colour of his coat, she had similar patches but were a slightly darker purple than the rest of her coat. She was proud of them, they connected her to her father. She placed a hoof on her heart.

“You should have seen them, Papa, you would agree he would be good for mom,” Sofia whispered softly and moved the painting. She packed it carefully into her saddlebag, there was no way she was leaving him behind.

“Sofia, the coach is here!” Miranda called from downstairs.

“Coming,” Sofia replied, putting on her saddlebags and began to pull the case downstairs. On the ground floor, a guard picked it up for her and put it in the back. Miranda smiled and kissed her forehead.

“You ready to go sweetheart?” She asked, Sofia went to reply but saw Ruby and Jade.

“Just need to say bye to Ruby and Jade one last time.” She said, Miranda, nodded as her daughter galloped over to her best friends. Sofia hugged her friends tightly. Jade and Ruby sniffled lightly as they held her close.

“You’ll come to visit right?” Jade asked.

“Of course, and you guys can come and visit at the castle. Besides, we’re still Buttercups! We have so many meetings to go through and all the badges to collect.” Sofia smiled. “There’s no way I’m stopping that adventure.” Her friends laughed.

“Okay Sofia, it’s time to go.” Miranda smiled, Sofia looked up at her mother, she was wearing a lovely gown and her new crown on her head. Sofia nodded, soon she would have to dress that fancy.

“I’ll see you soon girls,” Sofia promised and got into the carriage.

“Bye Sofia!” They waved as the carriage began to move, Sofia looked over the side and waved until they were out of sight, before taking her seat between two guards.

“You excited?” Miranda asked.

“Yep, a little scared. But yep.” Sofia nodded.

“You are so brave, my little pony.” Miranda kissed her forehead, Sofia smiled happily.

~*~*~*~

Upon her arrival at the castle, she was ushered off to change into a gown before being led back outside to be introduced to everypony. She stood before a large crowd of ponies nervously, her ears twitched as two doves placed a tiara on her head, she smiled weakly as she stood proudly. Everypony cheered and clapped, Miranda went to her daughter's side with a smile before they walked up to the King and the royal twins.

“King Roland.” Miranda bowed lightly, he chuckled.

“Queen Miranda.” He took her hoof with a soft smile, he looked down at Sofia. “And Princess Sofia.”

“That is going to take some getting used to,” Sofia muttered, he smiled.

“You're doing fantastic.” He told her, Sofia flushed happily. He walked up to address some ponies with her mother. Leaving Sofia and the twins, they were looking at Sofia clearly unimpressed. Amber Comet hid her face behind a fan whilst James didn’t care he was looking at her in such a manner.

“Um, hi.” She said.

“Some advice, Sofia.” Amber spoke, eyes narrowing “If you want to live peacefully here, do not, and I repeat – do not speak to either of us. Understood?” Sofia stepped back with a frown.

“Crystal.” She nodded and turned away from them, in time to catch a spell being cast and flowers falling from the sky. She cheered up a little as she watched the petals flutter down.

~*~*~*~

The family soon headed inside, Sofia froze as Amber pushed past her with a small glare, she stopped and sighed, she already didn’t like Amber and James’ attitude towards her. Sure, she was disappointed that they wouldn’t get along – but if they were going to act like sour apples – maybe that was a good thing. She stopped in the throne room where they were setting up two new thrones. Sofia watched sadly, unable to voice the odd feeling she felt. All she knew was that she felt very out of place, did she really belong here?

“Princess Sofia, you – are you okay?” She looked up to see a nicely dressed unicorn stallion. “You’re looking a little pale.”

“I’m-” she stopped, looking back to the thrones. “I feel very out of place.” She admitted, she looked back at him. “Um, who are you again?” He smiled softly.

“I’m Baileywick, the castle steward, I came to find you as you’re running a little late to dinner.”

“Oh, sorry-” She apologised, glancing to her hooves nervously.

“It’s okay my dear, if you follow me, we can get you there in no time.” Baileywick smiled. Sofia smiled back lightly and followed him. Sofia ignored the looks from her step-siblings as she sat next to her mother, who smiled at her softly.

“Now Sofia-” Roland began as everypony began to eat, she looked up at him nervously, but relaxed when she noticed the kind look in his eyes. “It’s tradition to have a welcome for every new member of the royal family. For your Mother, it was the wedding. And for you, we’ll be having a grand ball at the end of the week.”

“A grand ball, to welcome me?” Sofia repeated.

“Daddy, why didn’t I get a ball?” Amber pouted.

“You did, when you and your brother were born,” Roland told her. “During that Ball Sofia, you and I will dance the first waltz.”

“But I don’t know how to waltz.” Sofia frowned.

“You will be attending Royal Prep from tomorrow.” The King told her. “They will teach you everything you need to know for the Ball.” Sofia nodded, but she was still very worried, and the glares from Amber weren’t helping her mood.