• Published 6th Oct 2021
  • 6,651 Views, 253 Comments

Flurry Heart's Story: Dream of Alicornication - AleximusPrime



Cozy Glow returns once again, aided by her parents and the Alicorn Amulet, to get revenge and Flurry Heart must find a way to stop her.

  • ...
8
 253
 6,651

7. The Horrible Truth About Cozy

The teachers stood with their eyes closed as the necklaces began to shine. Cozy tried to zap them, but this time, she was unsuccessful. The power of the Elements had already taken effect. She couldn’t even teleport them away from the necklaces like she did last time. Just when she thought this would be her demise, the necklaces stopped glowing and powered down.

“What?! Oh come on!” shouted Smolder.

“But this is the perfect time to use the Elements!” asked Sandbar as he tapped his necklace repeatedly.

“Like I told you, this is just a sign that I’m not doing anything wrong!” Cozy said, landing in front of them and proudly pacing around. “Maybe the Elements are on my side after all?”

“Cozy you know that’s not true! The Elements are a force of good!” Silverstream scolded.

“Yeah, well maybe it’s karma or something. Who knows? I’ll bet it means-UGH!”

Cozy froze and a yellow aura appeared around her, brought her up in the air and turned her around. Flurry had used her magic to telekinetically lift her.

“What it means, Cozy, is that there are other ways to stop you,” she said. “This bracelet is one of them and the Elements know that!”

Cozy used her magic to dissolve the aura and shot another continuous beam at her. It pushed Flurry out of the Ponyville region and over the Everfree Forest. Flurry eventually teleported away to a random spot further away and stopped to catch her breath. She felt something tingling on her left hoof and lifted it to see that the Safeguard Bracelet had been updated once again. Instead of silver, it was now a very shiny and reflective gold and had eight magenta gemstones on it.

“It’s working! But what does it do now?” she asked herself. “This can’t continue. I have to get her to take it off, but she won’t listen. Maybe I can get her to take it off if she’s angry enough and thinks the amulet isn’t working anymore. That’s probably my best bet. I’ll want to draw her out away from Ponyville though. Maybe we should fight over the forest.”

Cozy then teleported in front of her and noticed that the bracelet had changed again. She crossed her arms and thought for a moment.

“So your dinky little artifact can get upgrades, eh? I’m curious to know what it can do now, but there’s only one way to find out!”

“Cozy wait!” Flurry said, frantically. “Don’t use a really powerful shot! Try a small one first!”

“Pffft, what do you think I am, stupid?!”

Cozy shot a powerful beam, but this time, not only did the beam not damage the shield, it bounced back directly at her. She put a shield up just in time and the impact sent her bouncing out of control on treetops, until she landed in a nearby river in the forest. Flurry flew over to see if she was hurt. She couldn’t see Cozy anywhere until Cozy finally emerged from the water with her hair matted down over her face. Her yellow bows had both come untied and fell off into the water. Cozy was breathing heavily and slowly opened her eyes. She appeared angrier than ever before and both her eyes and the amulet's eyes shone at the same time again. It’s evil magic was consuming her more and more and she had now reached her breaking point.

“I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!!!” she roared.

Cozy overcompensated and started shooting repetitive bolts of very powerful energy at Flurry while having her own shield up so none of them would hurt her. Flurry’s shield kept working, but now the blasts were bouncing off at so many angles. It hit random trees, but Cozy’s aim was out of control and some of it went past Flurry and hit some of the buildings in Ponyville that were transformed. A few of them were destroyed and fell to the ground in rubble. Thankfully most of the town had been evacuated at this point, so no one was probably hurt, but if this continued, Cozy could destroy all of Ponyville. Just then, Flurry concentrated her magic and caused the shield to have a slight concave shape that helped to reflect the magic back at Cozy. Cozy still had her own shield up and it just bounced off and hit more trees around them.

“COZY, STOP! YOU’RE GOING TO DESTROY EVERYTHING!!” Flurry cried.

“Everything huh? Well maybe that can be arranged!” said the deranged little filly.

Cozy then teleported out over Ponyville far up in they sky just below the clouds. She started charging up a huge ball of energy over her head with her hooves in the air.

“YOU WANT DESTRUCTION?! LET’S SEE YOU SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS PONYVILLE NOW!!!!!”

The energy ball grew so big and finally, Cozy threw it down towards Ponyville. Flurry teleported directly underneath the ball, using the bracelet’s powers to protect Ponyville below. The shield covered the entire town and although at first it let the ball sink deeply into it, eventually the ball bounced right back at Cozy. Cozy freaked out and teleported out of the way just in time for the ball to miss her. It traveled up past the dark clouds and eventually exploded somewhere in the atmosphere, safely away from the world below.

Cozy looked up at the explosion through the hole in the clouds that continued to part from the shockwave. Now she was out of ideas. She gritted her teeth and her face turned beet red. She finally snapped and screamed to the top of her lungs.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I HATE THIS STUPID AMULET!! I HATE IT!! IT’S SO WORTHLESS!! WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER?!?”

In her anger, she did the one thing she was not supposed to do: she tore off the amulet and threw it to the Earth below. For a few moments she just kept breathing heavily until she realized what she had just done.

“Oops.”

The horn on her head disappeared and her wings shrunk down to their natural size. Flurry caught the amulet with her magic. She then noticed the bracelet transforming again. It was now thinner and made of a glowing bluish material with eight colorful diamonds spinning around it. Flurry wasn’t sure what she could use it for now that her opponent had been defeated, but she used her magic to activate its power and slowly sent a wave of energy across everything. All of Ponyville’s architecture and the School of Friendship reverted back to their regular states and every sign of destruction caused by the amulet was mended. The bracelet had grown so fond of handling the amulet’s magic; it was now able to undo it.

“NOOOOO! MY PERFECT WORLD!” shouted Cozy.

The energy wave went further and transformed Starlight, Trixie and Sunburst back into adults. It moved past the stone statue and unfroze Discord, Celestia, and Luna. They fell to the ground without the pedestal below them and then started glowing brightly until they were transformed back into their grown selves once again. Discord looked at both of his hands and smiled. Fluttershy ran in to give him a hug as he hugged back. Behind him were Celestia and Luna. Luna had grown taller over the years and was now the same height as her sister. She slowly began to open her eyes and immediately knew she was back to normal. She looked up to see Celestia offer her hoof to help her up. Luna took her hoof and embraced her sister. Suddenly a flash of light appeared between them and Discord hugged them both tightly.

“It’s been done!” said Starswirl. “I knew she could do it!”

“This battle finally comes to an end. Ooooh, my rhyme! It is back once again!” Zecora said, joyfully.

The wave of energy went past King and Queen Kriegspiel and Cozy turned to watch her parents in horror.

“MOM, DAD, NOOOOOOOOO!” Cozy screamed.

They both put their hooves up as if to reach out for help. With worried, saddened faces, they watched their daughter one last time before disintegrating and fading away like ashes in the wind. Everyone else looked equally horrified with what happened. Even Discord, Celestia, and Luna were shocked to see this.

“No…no…” Cozy said over and over again, quivering as Flurry stared at her.

She took one look at Flurry and started hyperventilating and crying.

“Cozy…I…” Flurry began to say.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

“COZY, WAIT!”

Cozy shrieked one last time and flew off into the Everfree Forest. Flurry followed her, but couldn’t see Cozy any longer now that she had disappeared under the trees. It was sunset at this time and was already getting too dark around the forest, but Flurry was worried about Cozy and continued to call for her.

“Cozyyyyyy! Cozyyyyyyyyyyyy! Cozy Glow, where are you?!”

She shouted over and over again but got no response. After a few minutes, she finally noticed a spot in the Everfree Forest by a small waterfall. Cozy was sitting at the edge of the pond.

“COZY!!”

Flurry flew down onto the shore a few yards away from Cozy. She used her magic to keep the amulet safely behind her, though Cozy didn’t seem to be interested in the amulet anymore. Flurry walked over slowly and tried talking to her.

“Cozy, what happened back there?”

Cozy didn’t answer. She remained silent. She wasn’t even crying anymore.

“Cozy please, what happened to your parents? Are they okay?”

“They aren’t real,” Cozy said flatly.

“What?”

“They aren’t real. I made them up.”

“You…you made them up?”

“I used the power of the amulet to make some parents for myself, and now they’re gone.”

Flurry paused for a few moments to take in this shocking revelation.

“I…I don’t understand. Why would you do that?” Flurry asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? I don’t know who my parents even are! I was left on the steps of an orphanage as a foal and raised there most of my life. Nopony ever wanted to adopt me, the caretakers weren’t very nice to me, so I just left on my own and you know the rest.”

“Is this the reason why you are the way you are?”

“Yes.”

Flurry sat down and was silent for almost an entire minute. The only thing that could be heard were the peepers, the waterfall, and the sound of Cozy sniffling every few seconds.

“I’m so sorry, Cozy. I had no idea.”

“Not like you would ever understand. You have two loving parents and tons of friends. You’ll never know what this feels like. You have no idea how much I envy ponies like you.”

“Why didn’t you just tell somepony about this?”

“What difference would it make? What difference does it make at all?! All I ever truly wanted was to have loving parents, so I made my own fake parents just to be happy, and now look where it got me!”

“Cozy, that can all change. Let me help you. I can-”

“NO!”

Cozy snapped and got up to slowly walk towards Flurry as Flurry backed away. Tears were already streaming down her face, her lips quivered, her voice trembled and she stuttered as she spoke.

“Forget about it, alright?! I’m a villain and everyone hates me! I’ve given you guys enough trouble and now I’ll probably never be forgiven!”

“Cozy…”

“Just leave me alone.”

“COZY, PLEASE!!”

Cozy took off, flying away into the forest. Flurry’s calling did no good and this time she couldn’t find the strength to go after her. The sound of Cozy’s wings flapping faded away. She was now out of sight. Flurry sat on the ground in the same spot Cozy had been. She hung her head and a tear started to form in her eye. She then heard footsteps behind her and knew right away who it was. She turned her head to see Twilight and most of the others behind her. She too had a very worried look on her face.

“Did you hear any of that?” she asked.

“The whole thing,” Twilight said, sullenly.

Flurry slowly got up and walked over to her aunt. When she got to her, they shared a hug with Flurry still crying.

“And to think all these years I was searching for her parents, only to find this,” said Twilight, petting her niece’s head.

“Do you think her real parents are still out there?”

“I’m sure they are, and I’ll continue to look for them. They are undoubtedly the key to reforming her.”

Flurry continued to cry into Twilight’s shoulder as some of the others came in to join them.