• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 735 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 735

Sick of Optimism

Trixie watched Sunrise ugly cry into her shoulder soaking it. She laid there and watched her left claw have a tight grip on her cape, not damaging it thankfully. Sunrise’s right arm was on her back. The sobs where loud, and from the looks of it she was drooling too! It took a while for Trixie to speak.

”Sunrise? Are you alright?”

”I-I’m tired o-of I-it!” Sunrise sobbed, muffled in Trixie’s chest fur.

She tilted her head in confusion, “Tired of... what?” Trixie asked, “What happened when I was gone, was it bad?”

Trixie was confused, there was no damage or fear when she returned so she wasn’t sure, but she was concerned for her friends.

Sunrise lifted herself up and laid on her belly across Trixie’s back. Her eyes were red and there were bags under them. Trixie held her mouth open. She only sobbed tears and cried.

“I-I’m tired of being happy! I’m tired of pretending,”

“You’ve only been pretending?” Trixie asked, sounding shocked, she knew she seemed to be oddly happy but she thought she was coping in another way.

Sunrise nodded sadly, “And I’ve haven’t slept since! I’ve been faking it, so you didn’t get upset with me!”

”Why would I get upset?” Trixie asked, “If that was me then I... I have no idea... But I’d be somewhat like you... Not comprehending on what to do next...”

”I miss them... I-I want them b-back! This I-isn’t fair!” She cried as she hugged Trixie around the neck, “W-why!? My sister! Wh-What did I do to deserve this?” She cried.

”You didn’t deserve it... nopony- no-creature deserved such a fate!” Trixie growled, “They took away so many innocent lives! Trixie just wants to... to... turn them into teacups and smash them!”

”Y-yeah- at least I didn’t have t-to go back t-to the Dragonlands! M-my family was banished because we b-believed ponies did not deserved to be attacked or tortured! We believed their lives were as precious as anyone else’s!” Sunrise informed.

“Wow,” Trixie said, letting a tear escape, “Rare to find dragons or griffins who don’t discriminate against ponies... well, at least back then before... Twilight did whatever... I would have loved to meet them...”

“I miss them.”

Trixie nodded, “Me too, but they’re probably looking down. Watching you go and grow... like Gumdrop, Stardust... and Granny...” Trixie sighed as she looked to the sky.

”Y-you sure?” Sunrise asked.

Trixie nodded and smiled, “Of course I’m certain, I’m the great and powerful Trixie!”

”I don’t feel any better,” Sobbed Sunrise.

Trixie shrugged, “Yeah... it will be like that for a while...”

Sunrise wiped her tears, “I-if you say so...”

After a while of silence and sobbing, Sunrise got up and walked towards the wagon, “I... I think I-I’ll go read a comic or take a nap,” She said with a bit of sadness.

Sunrise nodded slowly and entered the wagon, shut the door behind her. Trixie got up with a sigh, she smiled lightly before hearing her name being called out.

“Trixie!” Called out GC as she raced over with a cardboard box in her arms.

Trixie was worried, she watched worried as GC landed in front of her and put down the cardboard box that was dotted with holes. It took a while to see there was a smile on GC’s face so her worry dropped, but was still slightly concerned. She looked at the box, curious on why she had it and what was in it.

”Guess what!?” GC shouted happily, bouncing forward.

Trixie noticed she was a lot more energetic than usual, did all that sugar from those soda cans finally kick in? Or was she turning a new leaf and actually doing some exercise? She was notably chubbier than most griffin of her age group. But this was just Trixie’s assumption as the only other griffin she ever saw was Gumdrop, but GC and Gumdrop are about five years apart.

”Uh... it’s a box?” Trixie asked, she also heard some skitting and something soft rapidly hitting cardboard, “Uh? With an animal inside?” She asked.

GC smiled and nodded, she went and opened the flaps of the box. Trixie went up to it and looked straight into the box. As soon as the flaps were opened, Trixie saw a puppy. It seemed to be a husky puppy. It was white and had blue eyes, and it was even wearing a blue bandana around its neck. As soon as the puppy saw Trixie, it licked her on the nose, so she jumped back a little.

”Ack- a dog?” She asked as she wiped her muzzle.

GC nodded as she sat in front of it and picked the puppy up in her arms, “Yep! Her name is Sapphire! I think she likes you too!”

”Nice...” Trixie shrugged, “I guess she’s cute... whatever, but not as cute as me”

”You kidding?” GC said as she put the puppy in the box and cracked a can of soda, “She’s amazing! She’s gonna be such a fun playmate!” She said before taking a sip.

”Do you know how to take care of a dog?” Trixie asked.

GC shrugged, “Minty should know, she loves reading books,”

”Uh... I hope you’re right... so... anyway, how’d you two meet?” Trixie asked, curious.

GC explained, “Oh, she’s just my sister,”

”Sister?” Trixie asked.

GC nodded before chugging her drink, and letting out a big and rude burp right in her face.

”Ugh,” Trixie complained as she waved the stink away, “Excuuuse you!”

”It’s a long story,” GC shrugged.

Trixie smiled happily and peacefully as she watched GC cuddle te puppy. It was kinda sudden but Trixie wasn’t mad, it was GC’s choice after all and she seemed to have accepted the responsibility of a pet dog! But soon the peace was broken.

”Trixie, GameCube!” Shouted Minty.

Everyone looked towards Minty in shock, she had a foreleg lofted and was limping towards them, she also had a gash on her face and some blood there. GC exclaimed in shock and dropped Sapphire who whimpered.

”Minty!” She screeched as she hurriedly ran up to her, “Dude!? Who did this to you!? Tell me, and I will make sure they’ll to never taste again!”

Minty collapsed on the ground, GC has a worried expression as she helped her up and helped her walk over to Trixie who was standing, surprised. She gulped nervously and was really worried.

”Minty? What happened?” She asked, “You okay, you look a bit...”

Minty nodded, “I’m fine, my wounds aren’t too serious... but we were attacked by this angry nebula cloud that was sentient... it was too powerful...”

”Nightshade does exist!” Trixie said proudly as she jumped up, cape flapping as she did so, “I to,d you!” She said before realising the seriousness of the moment. She stood there slightly embarrassed, “Oh- I mean... tell me more!”

GC looked at Trixie with annoyance, Minty was surprised.

”I offered to help Sunburst and Starlight with cleaning up his home...” She told them, “But while doing so... some dark nebula seeped through a crack in a wall.”

GC took a sip on her soda, looking tense. Trixie sat there, ears flat and mouth open in worry, anxiously hoping her friends were all okay.

“We didn’t know what it was,” Minty continued, “But before we could figure it out it attacked... everything we tried didn’t work, I ran to get help... Sunburst and Starlight weren’t as lucky as I was, by the time I returned with help they were injured in critical conditions.”

Trixie gasped loudly, eyes watering, she couldn’t imagine her friends so hurt! Nightshade got to them and it was all her fault!

”Wh-where... where are they!? Where’s N-nightshade?” Trixie gulped.

Minty shrugged, “Sunburst and Starlight are in hospital... Nightshade was gone when I returned... I’m sorry we didn’t believe you at first, we should have listened,”

Trixie was quiet, Starlight and Sunburst were hurt, some of her first friends. She sat there, a tear rolled down her cheek. Before anyone could say anything she dashed away. She ran towards the hospital. She needed to know Starlight was okay! She was her friend!

Sunrise walked outside, “What’s the commotion?”

”Oh, Trixie is just paying a friend a visit-“ Minty said before noticing Sunrise was crying, “Hey, are you okay?” She asked, deeply concerned.

Sunrise sniffled, “It’s been days since the mean shooting in Manehattan that took my sister away from me... I still miss them...”

”Oh...” Minty responded sadly, Well, Sunrise? The pain and grief doesn’t go away in the blink of an eye... it stays for a while. It’s part of the healing process.Iit’s gonna hurt but you’ll heal over time... for some it takes up to a year... for others... it may take ten...”She explained, “Its different for everyone... but it’s not exactly something you can rush, but we’ll be here for you, every step of the way. It’s okay to not be okay, but you will be happy again. I promise...” She hopefully assured.

Sunrise looked at her with cute eyes, Minty was wise, she gave her a hug. “Thank you, Minty.”


Trixie hurried through the front doors of the hospital. She looked around at the receptionist and waiting room where mostly everything looked made of crystal. Trioxide was about to run into the hallway by was stopped by a nurse who stood in front of her. This nurse put her hoof on Trixie’s chest.

“Calm down,” the blue and yellow crystal pony bluntly told her, “How can we help?”

Trixie panted, “Starlight!? Where’s Starlight!?”

Trixie was tired from running, she took some breaths and looked at the nurse. She heard the nurse ask her a question. she wasn’t exactly focused at the moment but was determined to see if her friend was okay. So she nodded, wanting to know her friend was okay, she gulped, expecting to worse.

”Please, she is Trixie’s friend... best friend...” Trixie bagged.

The nurse looked sad, she looked at Trixie and sighed.

“I’m sorry, she’s unavailable...”

Trixie stood there in shock, staring at the nurse in front of her. A pit of guilt grew in her stomach as she tried processing what had happened. She also had a pit feeling that she was wrong, it can’t mean she’s gone, right?

“I want to see her!” She shouted, “What room is Starlight Glimmer in!?”

“She’s unavailable,” The nurse stated.

”Tell me!” Trixie shrieked.

The nurse shook her head, “No visitors are allowed to visit her at this time,”

”Why not!?” Shouted Trixie.

Trixie had anger burning inside at her, trying to break out.

The nurse muttered under her breath, “If you don’t leave now, I’ll call security,”

Trixie stood and grumbled at the yellow crystal pony mare that considered herself a nurse.

”No! Trixie demands to see her great and powerful Friend!” She argued.

”And I told you,” The nurse barked, “She’s not having guests!”

Trixie held back tears as she stared at the mare, stared right into her emerald green eyes.

“Trixie wants to know if Starlight and Sunburst are okay!” She yelled.

The mare had a straight face, “Security!” She called out.

Soon a pair of crystal pony stallions, both wearing tuxedos and shades marched into the lobby from the gem-embedded office. Trixie stared at them with a tough expression, she wasn’t going to stand there and let them take her away. This nurse was terrible, the great and powerful Trixie wanted her to be fired!

Soon both stallions grabbed Trixie’s forelegs in their own, holding one each. They dragged her outside. Then put her down on the cold, hard, shiny floor. Her tail was also, damp, for some odd reason. She got up and realised she was sitting in some lemonade that somepony had spilt there, she could smell the lemony scent.

Trixie sighed in defeat as she walked to her wagon as the sun setted over the horizon. She was going to wash her sticky, soda-soaked bottom before having dinner, maybe the group and her could go to a restaurant or something for dinner.


The next day Trixie woke with a yawn in her wagon. She marked her calander. It has been ten days since she setted on her journey. A week and three days. It was unbelievable, it felt longer. Sunrise wasn’t in her hammock but Trixie shrugged it off thinking she woke up early. She toasted some bread using a spell she read from a book. It wasn’t a very impressive spell but it was useful since she didn’t have a toaster in her wagon.

Soon she took a jar of peanut butter out of a box and opened it proudly. She hummed as she spread it on the toast, her mouth watered slightly before she took a bite out of her toast. The taste of peanut butter was adored by her. She also had an apple. Trixie wiped her muzzle with a napkin before heading outside.

She did not notice her friend’s tents were packed away in Loophole’s wagon until she was off her front steps.

“They must have woken early too,” Trixie thought to herself.

“Ahem,”

Trixie spun around as soon as she heard this, she saw GC on top of her wagon, looking down at her. Sapphire looked at the roof barking, as if to tell her master to get down. Before Trixie could ask anything GC spoke with a grin.

“It’s over Trixie, we have the high ground,”

”Wha-“ Trixie had been about to ask before the noise of Pinkie’s party cannon went off and she was covered in confetti. Her eyes were wide open in shock as she looked at the colourful confetti on her and in her mane.

Pinkie, Minty, Sunrise, Loophole and GC jumped out yelling “Surprise!”

Trixie was surprised indeed, she looked around before straighting up her posture. “Oh?”

GC picked her up suddenly and hovered in her face, “Happy Birthday dude!” She shouted in her face.

”Uh- Trix- Thanks?” Trixie whimpered, still a bit surprised and quite alerted by being shouted in the face like that.

GC dropped her on the ground, Pinkie threw streamers and gave her a tight hug.

“I think I just heard a bone crack-“ Trixie squeaked.

“Haaaaappy Biiiiirthday Trixie!” Yelled Pinkie, “Now let’s party!”

Streams, balloons and birthday decorations came down at a press of a button. Trixie’s mouth was wide open as she looked, “Wow.” There was a big banner between two poles that said, “Happy 20th Birthday, Trixie!”

She had a big smile on her face, she also noted that Maud and the M6 were there!

Trixie noticed Minty jumping around with a mango impaled on her horn, mango juice running down it. “Mango, mango, mango!” She sang excitedly.

”Oooh!” Pinkie exclaimed, “That Kirin sure loves mango!”

”I didn’t realise Kirin horns were sharp,” Noted Twilight, “In fact, I never even seen one before.”

Minty happily walked up to Trixie, not caring about the mango on her horn. “So, how was the trip up there?” She eagerly asked.

“It was a long walk- but not too much for the great and powerful-“

“Walk?” Asked Minty, “Why couldn’t you teleport?”

Trixie’s jaw dropped, why didn’t she think of that!? She stared at Minty and chuckled, “Well... uh.... you see, umm... how was I meant to know it was right at the peak and not somewhere in between?”

Sunrise crossed her arms, “The pink one didn’t tell you?”

“No... maybe... uh- well, the important thing is that Trixie was great and powerful enough to get it? Right?” Trixie asked

Everyone chuckled a bit and rolled their eyes, assuming Trixie forgot she could teleport.

GC smiled and nudged Trixie playfully, “So, where’s the next one?”

Trixie sighed, not exactly wanting to journey somewhere on such an important day.

“Neighgara falls... Trixie wants to spend this day to relax...” She said with a slight frown.

Loophole groaned, she had a bitter taste in her mouth as she poked it out. Getting wet was horrid, felt all cold and weird. Plus it made her tail and mane less fluffy, and she was very proud of it. She would dislike it if her tail got less fluffy than Trixie’s. “Yuck, it’s all wet...” She whimpered, “And cold.”

GC gave Loophole a very awkward glance, wondering what was wrong with getting wet. In her opinion getting wet isn’t bad at all, sure on a cold day it would such but it was amazing on a hot day. Also, there’s so much cool things water can do, it was such a majestic thing to GC. But soon she got her mind off it and focused on the mission.

”Alright!” GameCube shouted, ignoring Loophole’s remark,” We’ll leave tomorrow morning!?”

Everyone looked at Trixie, hoping for her comfirmation. Trixie passionately loved the attention, being the leader of a team made her feel much more great and powerful.

Trixie shrugged, “Sure!”

Sunrise jumped up with a party popper in each claw.

”Now let’s party!” She shouted gleefully.