• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 735 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 735

Healing New Wounds

“And we’ve already wasted time!” Trixie panicked.

She quickly grabbed a brush from her wagon to put her mane back into its normal shape, it was still droopy but it would perk back up when it dried completely, she put her brush back into her wagon. Trixie also took her cape off it was still a bit damp, she used her magic to hang it over a box to dry. Trixie went straight to a gallop after Gummy went into her wagon, droplets of water flew from her as she dashed as fast as she could.

As she ran she ignored her tiredness and the pain in her legs, she hasn’t had much rest since that nightmare. Her body begged her to take a break, she ignored it knowing if she took a break then she would be too late to save Equestria, the last thing she wanted at the moment was to let anyone down.

For the first time in what she could remember ponies had faith in her, they trusted her, they all believed that she could save Equestria. Even Twilight accepted the fact that Trixie was the one that needed to save Equestria, she didn’t want to let everypony down. Not only her friends had confidence in her, everypony had, every creature had confidence in her to save Equestria, even those who she didn’t even know existed. From the smallest shrew to the biggest, er- living thing that cared about ponies had hope that Trixie could save them all.

Well, that’s how Trixie viewed it anyway, she continued to gallop, she did stop get get a snack from her wagon. Her hooves beat the grass and soil as she ran towards the mountains. As she ran she hit her front hoof on a rock and as she tumbled she scraped it and her cheek across a rough rocky surface as she fell on it and slid lightly. The next thing she knew her body was on the wet, hard, rough rock, a wide scab with a large cut two smaller ones next to it was seen her foreleg. Two others were on the side she landed on, on her cheek and shoulder, each wound was leaking out a familiar red liquid.

She winced in pain as she got up trying to ignore the large stinging wounds. They both hurt, the stress was getting through to her, she wanted to cry, she started to cry. Trixie was biting off more than she can chew and she was getting hurt, she needed a break but was scared that it would doom the whole world.

“How did Twilight and her friends manage to take breaks but save Equestria?” She thought to Herself.

Gumdrop walked out of the wagon, she had some napkins and special liquid to stop wounds from getting infected with her. Trixie watched her with a sigh, she knew what the griffin was going to do so she lifted her wounded leg.

“This may sting a little” Gummy warned.

She folded a napkin and poured a few drops of the liquid onto it, Trixie looked away as the napkin approached her wound. Trixie bit her lip as she felt the stinging pain, she knew that it was only cleaning her wound and removing risk of infection but it hurt so much. As Gummy wiped across the leg it flinched, Gummy held her hoof tightly but not tight enough to hurt, she heard the unicorn wimper in pain.

“You done?” Trixie asked with hope.

Gummy sighed a bit annoyed, “There’s still the one on your cheek, now stay still...”.

Not once in her life did Gummy ever think that she would end up having to clean a wound on someone who was older than her, well it wasn’t the worst thing so she didn’t mind that much.

Trixie flinched as the next napkin approached her cheek, Gummy was unamused as the unicorn stomped her hoof. On impact of the liquid on her wound Trixie’s eyes watered, she tried her best to stay still. Even through Gummy was going as quickly as she could if felt a really long time, it only took like a minute.

“There’s a wound right here too” Gummy explained.

Trixie groaned in response to the stinging pain of the liquid on her wounds, it hurt but at least it wasn’t on her face as well, unlike the previous one. She fought the instinct that told her to push Gummy away as she knew the griffin was only helping.

Gummy made sure to wipe all the blood and dirt from the wounds, she quickly grabbed a bottle of water and poured some onto the wounds to rinse it out. Then she used some dry napkins, she lightly dabbed the napkin on the wounds to get ithem dry.

Trixie smiled when it was finally over, she smiled at Gumdrop, she was thankful that she was here for her. The griffin sighed sadly in response.

”Can you please be more careful, I really can’t deal with seeing you hurt... I don’t want to lose you... I care about you” She begged the pony.

Trixie nodded and sighed, “I’m sorry...”.

”Everything could possibly go wrong, but it would go even worse if you don’t take care of yourself...” Gummy explained.

“That wasn’t very good advice” Trixie thought to herself.

✨⭐️✨

Once they started walking again a screech of a falcon filled the air, Trixie and Gummy looked around confused, it was coming from the west. Trixie looked to the sky and saw a falcon flying towards them, it didn’t seem to be upset in anyway but it was carrying a scroll in a bag across it’s body. The falcon flew around Trixie waiting for her to show it where to land.

Trixie put out her foreleg, the one that wasn’t injured, the falcon happily landed on her leg waiting patiently. Gummy looked at the bird in awe. The falcon reached into the bag with its beak and pulled out the scroll.

“It’s a falcon with a letter! Read what it says!” She told Trixie.

Trixie took the scroll in her magic and unrolled it, she read it out loud, it was written by a few ponies, each wrote their own section.



‘Dear Trixie

I don’t have much to say other than good luck, and we heard what happened to Stardust... we hope you’re doing better now, it must’ve been painful for you to lose a friend like that, I don’t have much to say but my friends do!

- Princess Twilight Sparkle’

Trixie rolled her eyes at Twilight’s section, of course she wouldn’t have much to say. She always thought she was better than Trixie.


‘Dear Trixie

I hope you’re safe, healthy and still clean looking, well, surely you’re taking the least dirtiest route possible, right? Don’t worry about your hat, darling, I can assure you it’s in safe hooves. It was a bit messy and damaged when we found it but it’ll be as good as new here at my boutique awaiting your return.

- Rarity’

She smiled that her hat was found and was somewhere safe.


‘Howdy Trixie

I hope you’re enjoying those apples from Sweet Apple Acres!, I chose the freshest ones for you to take! I will admit that this journey does seem fun and stressful, I hope you’re not overworking yourself, now, I wish you luck, stay safe and healthy out there! We believe in you.

- Applejack’

She smiled in response, Gumball licked her lips, she enjoyed the apples.


‘ Hiya Trixie

Its me! Pinkie Pie! I hope you’re having a really exciting adventure and making a lot of friends on the way! What have you seen!? What have you eaten? Wait! Don’t tell me, it’ll be a surprise!

- Pinkie Pie’

Trixie sighed about Starfust but she could also feel Pinkie’s energy by just readying her part.


‘Hi Trixie

I hope you’re having an awesome adventure and being an awesome unicorn! Well, not as awesome as me but whatever... and hey ... I’m sorry about Stardust... I hope you’re okay right now, not pushing yourself too hard!

- The one and only, Rainbow Dash’

Trixie rolled her eyes at her letter.


‘Um... hello Trixie

We decided to send you messages to see your progress, it was Starlight’s idea. This falcon was our volounteer for this, her name is Bolt, she could be your pet if you’d want to have a pet. I hope you don’t mind that we send a letter... I’m really sorry to hear what happened to Stardust... I understand how you must feel, I’m always open if you’d like to talk.

- Fluttershy’

​​​​​​​Trixie smiled happily at that sweet sounding message, she decided that the falcon wouldn’t be a bad member, infact, she already gave Bolt the pink bandana with a blue star around her neck to wear.


‘Hello Trixie

I’m really sorry to hear about Stardust, I know how hard it is to lose your friends. I am proud of you for doing all this, we know about the black darkness growing in the sky. I just hope you’re taking care of yourself, please don’t push yourself too hard and bite off more than you can chew, that’ll just end badly, trust me

- Starlight Glimmer’

​​​​​​​Trixie sighed knowing that she was pushing herself and ignoring her health, she knew she needed to take care of herself. Gummy was a bit jealous of her friends but she didn’t say anything. Trixie looked at Gummy with a smile she was so happy she didn’t have to go through all this alone.

”You’re gonna write back?” She asked.

The falcon landed on top of the wagon’s roof waiting for Trixie’s answer, the blue pony went into her wagon and looked for some paper. She did end up finding some and a pencil, she stood at the small table and wrote what she wanted to say. It was a struggle who to send it to since she didn’t want to send it to Twilight, but she did anyway.

✨⭐️✨

‘ Dear Princess Twilight ​​and friends.

The Great and Powerful Trixie is currently on her way to the third diamond and is doing amazing! You can thank me for saving the world when you are done, and yes, I’m no longer alone as I have this friend with me, her name is Gummy, she’s a griffin! You all can count on Trixie to save the world, because I am not giving up!

The fate of Equestria is in my hooves, not Twilight and her friends... I hope you guys don’t steal my fame and end up being the ones who save everyone! I was chosen, not you!. She has also gotten that dream message Princess Luna gave, it was quite a nightmare, don’t see why she didn’t tell me what would happen instead of making me experience it...

Trixie is glad to hear that her amazing hat is safe and sound and you all care about her.

- The Great and Powerful Trixie‘

​​​​​​​Due to her tiredness she didn’t realise she had misspelt multiple words. Gummy grabbed the pencil and decided to write a bit of a message too.




Hello Everyone

Its me, Gummy the Griffin and I’m just going to say a few things. Trixie saved my life but she’s extremely stressed out, she refused to take breaks, she eats while walking, in fact this is the first break I’ve seen her take, besides the few minutes she took to save me. She even walked through rain without taking off her outfit... she even fell over and got really hurt, I had to clean her wounds for her!.

Who is Princess Luna and was she aware of how Trixie reacted to that nightmare?

- Gumdrop, or just Gummy’

Gummy rolled up the scroll before Trixie could see what she had written, she put the scroll into Bolt’s bag.

“Fly, Bolt, Fly!” Gummy imformed the falcon.

Bolt screeched as she flew into the air, Trixie watched her fly away with a few questions, with one of being directed towards Gummy.

“What was so important that you wanted it to be sent so quickly?”.

Gummy shrugged, “Just... something”.

Trixie groaned knowing she couldn’t really stop what had just happened, she watched as Gummy went back into the wagon, she decided to start pulling again when the griffin closed the door. She trotted along quickly.

✨⭐️✨

Gummy watched the sun set from the window, Trixie seemed to be still trotting along. Surely she would take a break soon as the sun was setting, taking a break was important, her friends even said so. Maybe she just wanted to find a relaxing and safe place to stop for the night? Well, Gumdrop decided to wait until the sun was gone before asking her, maybe there was a reason.

When the sun was fully down she put her head out the window and called out to her.

“Hey, Trixie! You should stop and sleep tonight!”.

“Sleep?” Trixie asked then gasped in shock, “I’m not dooming Equestria!” She shouted.

“But Trixie... the letter” Gummy whined.

“No!” Snapped the blue pony, “It’s clear that Twilight wants me to let loose and steal my spotlight!”.

“But Trix-“.

“Shut up, Gumdrop! Trixie knows what she must do, Princess Luna showed her the consequences!”.

Gumdrop sighed as she put her had back in and sat in her Hammock, claws crossed annoyed. She looked outside and hoped that Bolt would come back with a reply soon, did Luna really mean to be that harsh with what she showed Trixie? Not only that, Gummy couldn’t believe that she, a fifteen year-old had to treat a older being, around seventeen to twenty years old as a child.

The land was dark again, the moon shone bright in the sky, Trixie could see the mountains she needed to cross, she walked so she wouldn’t wake the griffin. First she had to walk through a stream, it was cold, the lack of sun made it even colder, but she ignored it.

Once she was out the water she shook the water from her fur, she shivered from the cold, she knew it was going to be colder at the top of the mountain. The wagon’s door quietly opened as Trixie reached in with her magic and grabbed her cape, she put it on hoping it would provide a little bit of warmth. It didn’t but she started walking up the mountain anyway, as she scaled the mountain she looked at the stars as she walked along.

She could hear the griffin snore slightly inside the wagon, it sounded so peaceful. Trixie sighed, if only Gummy could understand what would happen if she failed to collect the diamonds in time, it was her job to do it and she didn’t want to mess up.

Trixie stopped for a second to admire the view, she looked around and could see the lights from many towns, she could see the lights from Manehattan from where she was, she made a bunch of excited squeals before going to a trot. Her pace did slow down and she was walking again, her hooves felt heavy as she yawned.

“Come on...” She mumbled.

As she took another step she fell to the floor and blacked out.

✨⭐️✨

when she opened her eyes she saw that the moon was lowering across the horizon, she gasped in fright and started to gallop towards the feilds between the mountains and Manehattan.

But it was still a long way, by the time the sun had risen she was still no where near the end of the mountain, she stopped to sigh in defeat. She looked at the sky and screamed, waking up Gumdrop. The griffin ran out of the wagon with a panicked expression, she looked around.

“Are we in a danger!?” She shrieked.

“Trixie told you, it’s in danger not in a danger” Trixie corrected.

Gumdrop looked at the sky and saw the dark had spread, zaps were more often as they raced through the mysterious dark blob. The griffin also noticed Trixie was getting worse, her mane was ruffled slightly and there were bags under her eyes, it was clear she hardly slept that night.

Trixie went straight to a gallop, Gummy ran after her.

“Wait for me!”.