• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 736 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 736

To The Crystal Empire!

Trixie taught Sunrise the theme, “Trixie and Sunrise, Squad of Star, We’ll save Equestria, ‘Cuz that’s who we are”

Trixie gave a bit of a nervous smile, “The more it’s said, the cheesier it gets,”

The next morning the duo had their breakfast and went back on the road to the Crystal Empire, Trixie walked while Sunrise was inside the wagon reading a comic book from her backpack that she found in the park while flying through Manhattan to catch up to Trixie, it was a peaceful walk that lasted a few hours before they arrived to their destination.

“What’s this town?” Asked Sunrise, as she walked out with a water bottle.

”Just a place where a friend of mine used to enslave a bunch of ponies basically,” Trixie replied with a smile.

Sunrise looked at her, “That doesn’t sound like a very nice thing to do,”

”Yep, but she’s a changed pony, now,”

Trixie undid her wagon from her and walked through, a few ponies waved at her.

“Hello Trixie! What bring you here?” Asked Party Favour.

”Is Starlight with you?” Asked Sugar Belle.

Double Diamond obviously came back from the nearby mountains as he was covered in snow, “Oh, Trixie! Long time, now see, how’s Starlight?”

”You okay, Trixie?” Asked Night Glider.

”Are you here to have a show?” Another pony asked.

They all started to get up to her face and welcome her joyfully and ask questions about her show and Starlight, she started to feel overwhelmed.

“Alright!” Trixie shouted, “No I’m not here for a show, I’m on a very important quest to... fix that,” Trixie pointed at the dark part of the sky, “It’s Dark Matter, and it’s going to destroy this planet if I don’t collect the jewels! It all started with me finding a filly on my doorstep, believe it or not…” Trixie then realised something, “Today marks a week since I started this journey...”

The crowd was amazed, “You okay? You look exhausted,” A concerned voiced pointed out.

”She looks awesome,” Sunrise retaliated with a smile.

Trixie looked at Sunrise, “That was a reference, wasn’t it?”

Sunrise chuckled and watched Trixie sigh and look at the crowd.

”Why are you hiding your right eye with your mane?” Another voice asked.

Trixie gulped, “Why... not try a new style?” She then rolled her eyes, “I just came here to say hello”

”So, you want to try this new muffin recipe?” Sugar Belle asked, “I made it myself”

”And why not stay the night, we haven’t seen you or Starlight since the friendship festival,” Party Favour explained, “Which was... a few months ago”

”No, I have to get to the Crystal Empire... But I will stay for a few hours” Trixie agreed.

✨⭐️✨

Trixie and Sunrise sat on some chairs behind a table outside, soon some warm muffins were placed on the table, they grabbed one each and snacked on them, Trixie saw something shadowy between two houses in the row of houses on the other side of the town, when she blinked the shadow was gone, it crept her out a little but she shrugged it off and finished her muffin.

Within a few minutes, a white paper aeroplane flew right into Trixie’s face, it bonked her horn and fell onto the table.

“Wow! A paper aeroplane!” Sunrise said with excitement as she picked it up and was about to throw it.

Trixie gasped when she noticed her name written on the wing, it said ‘To Trixie‘ so she quickly grabbed it in her magic. She unfolded the origami and there was a written message inside, ‘To Trixie, meet me behind the houses on the opposite side you’re sitting on, from a friend’. Trixie felt nervous about this, she decided to get up and go where the latter told her.

”Where are you going?” Sunrise asked.

”Uh... I’ll be right back!” Trixie said before trotting away.

When Trixie arrived she saw the nebula-like being, Nightshade, she quickly had a flashback about when she saw him in Manehattan, after going through that creepy avenue.

✨⭐️✨

Few days earlier:

”So you think I’m just a silly shadow?”

Trixie didn’t notice a dark tentacle-like appendage seemingly made of nebula remove her wagon’s strap from her body, but she did feel a breeze. She quickly looked behind her on the right to see she was no longer connected to her wagon by the buckle, she didn’t see anyone around.

”Huh? I can’t remember removing my wagon from me?” She whispered.

She felt a breeze go past her left leg, she quickly looked in that direction and didn’t see anything,

”A-anyone there?” She asked as she took a step back.

Then she felt a tap on her right shoulder and quickly jumped back, she looked around for anything, she took a breath and faced the wall, wondering what was next. But then something fast and light quickly ran across her back over her cape, she yelped and turned around as she jumped.

”W-who’s there!?”

Trixie quickly looked at her back and saw absolutely nothing, she gulped nervously. She took a breath and closed her eyes. But then the mysterious being touched her in the chest, she opened her eyes and ran backwards to the brick wall, she stood on her hind legs with her back up against the wall.

She was started breathing rapidly and hear heart was racing, her eyes darted around as she looked for any movement of whatever that creepy thing was. Trixie tried to talk, but no words came out of her mouth, she started to regret going down that road.

Then something light and ghostly wrapped around her hind legs, she looked down then fell over, she sat up the best she could and stared in shock as the ghostly being wrapped a tentacle-like limb around her hind legs, making her unable to move.

”L-let me go!” She said quickly as she felt a bit of sweat run down her face.

The strange body-less being created another tentacle limb, this time it went round Trixie‘s front foreleg that was on the ground, she tried to pull it away, but she couldn’t, she started to scream loudly. Then the being created yet another Limb, this time Trixie watched in fear as it teasingly wrapped itself loosely around her remaining hoof, she raised it and watched in fear.

Trixie tried to use her magic to pull the being off, but she couldn’t focus, she was not even able to get her magic to have a grip on the being. She started to breathe heavily as it circled and wrapped itself around her torso and chest. It felt cold and like a breeze, but it was solid and felt like thick gas at the same time.

She opened her mouth but no words came out, she could only watch in fear, the tentacle-like limb went through her mane and to her horn wrapping itself around it.

“Let me go!” Trixie cried out.

Then one last limb affectionately rubbed her cheek.

”Hush now...”

Trixie whimpered, she remembered being earned in her previous dream about a creature that would be going for her, it was related to Dark Matter itself, the creature’s name was.

“N-nightshade T-terror” She stuttered in fear.

She was about to scream again, but the thin limb wrapped itself around her muzzle, forcing it shut.

”Mmmmf!” Trixie screamed.

She felt a tear go down her cheek as she was helplessly pulled away, she was pulled into the ally at a fast speed as she tried one last attempt at screaming for help. The gate slammed shut as Trixie was pulled into it, afraid and hopeless.

Nightshade wrapped itself around her body like a cocoon, she wiggled and squirmed, but it was no use.

“You ready to see your friends die? This isn’t your story, you will suffer, I will make you suffer, If you tell your friends about me, you’ll die,”

Trixie felt a quick electric zap before passing out, she had a nightmare, but she had forgotten what it was. But she did remember seeing a possible future where she had failed.

✨⭐️✨

Trixie quickly snapped out of it, the flashback stopped, she looked at Nightshade with fear.

“There’s nothing you can do to the great and powerful Trixie! I did it, I didn’t tell anypony about you!”

Nightshade made chuckling noises, “But you did do something a lot worse”

”What?”

Nightshade started to slowly form into a giant equine shape, it looked down at Trixie with anger.

“This isn’t your story! This was Stardust’s, she was meant to be the main character, she was meant to collect the jewels! You were just meant to be her travel buddy, but no! You stole her spotlight! And you will pay!”

”I’m only trying to save Equestria!” Trixie said shakily, “I-I tried but... I don’t know what happened, she disappeared, I have no idea why, that’s not supposed to happen!”

”Lies!” Nightshade shouted, “She was supposed to stop me and Dark Matter, not you!”

”I’m avenging her... She can’t continue, but I can, I’m the great and powerful Trixie!”

”Have you ever thought it was your fault she died?”

”Wh-what?” Trixie asked.

Nightshade touched her head, Trixie shut her eyes and had remembered sitting in the Everfree forest holding Stardust in her hooves. She heard Nightshade narrate.

”Did you try anything to save her? No you didn’t, didn’t it occur you to try to save her, how bout that zebra friend of yours?” Nightshade asked, “She might have had a cure”

”Zecora? I... I don’t think she could have-“ Trixie then gasped, “Why are you worried about Stardust? You’re the villain you should be happy that she’s dead!” Trixie scolded.

Trixie’s eyes opened, and she saw Nightshade move around her.

”You’ve collected half... in a week, you’re getting stronger-“

Trixie chuckled, “Was there ever any doubt? After all, I am the great and powerful Trixie,”

Some chuckling came from the formless body of Nightshade, “I suppose you don’t mind if I do... this! Don’t worry, it’ll only last for about 24 hours, maybe”

Nightshade once again started to shape into a large pony, it floated ominously in the air. The nebula ‘pony’ was the same colour as Nightshade, dark dull blue with a dull red centre, there were two angry eyes that were actually holes. The form’s horn was pointed at Trixie, and some dark purple and blue electricity ignited from the horn.

”We don’t want you to be missed, don’t we?,” Nightshade said as it made an tentacle limb to wrap around Trixie like a snake, it also removed her cape and made it drop to the ground.

“You won't be able to defeat the great and-“ Trixie managed to say before what happened.

Nightshade struck Trixie in the chest with the ’electricity’, Trixie sat there, frozen in place, make a loud blood-curdling scream in pain as its power went through her body, streaks of black appeared on her body as she screamed in pain. It felt like ten minutes, even through it was only about one.

When Nightshade was done, the lightning-like power stopped rushing through her body and the black streaks disappeared. Trixie collapsed seemingly lifeless on the ground, weak and void of any magic, her fur and mane were a duller colour than they were supposed to be.

✨⭐️✨

Trixie found herself in a barren world, no sign of life in sight, she looked around and found Starlight’s old town in ruins. She slowly walked through and called out.

“Hello?”

The world was dark, the sky was totally black, but some sunlight managed to come through making it seem it was nighttime. The town’s buildings were barely standing anymore, parts of the roofs and walls were scattered about. Trixie gulped nervously as she walked through the village, she made her way to the middle before some mysterious fog surrounded her.

”Anypony there?” She asked.

Then a metal collar appeared on Trixie‘s neck, a metal muzzle on her face and a device on her horn that stops the ability to use magic. She tied to pull away, but the chain that was hooked to the metal collar was short, the other end was connected to the ground below her. When she tried to pull away, her neck hurt, no matter how hard she tried it only hurt worse. To make things worse, the collar got tighter to the point she could hardly breathe.

”Please!” Trixie wheezed, “let me go, what did I do?”

Some figures appeared within the fog, she panted as she watched the figures approach her. They stepped out the fog one by one, Trixie wheezed their names as they came out the fog one by one.

”Pinkie Pie? Applejack? Rainbow Dash? Fluttershy? Rarity? Twilight? What are you guys doing here?” Trixie questioned as she struggled to breath.

”You’re nothing!” Applejack shouted, “And that’s the truth,”

”that’s not true!” Trixie chocked, “I’m the great and powerful!”

”Nuh uh, stealing a young filly’s fame is not great!” Rainbow Dash Scolded.

Trixie wheezed, “I had no choice, did you expect me to let Equestria die? If she wasn't able to do it, then it was up to me,”

”You’re a cruel, cold-hearted pony, I really thought you changed for the better,” Fluttershy said with disappointment.

”I did!” Trixie snapped.

”You’re the worst party planner ever!” Pinkie shouted.

”Okay, that’s... not the harshest thing you could have said but still-“ Trixie choked.

Rarity mumbled, ”Your outfit is so not stylish”

”Well... heck you too!” Trixie barked back.

Twilight grinned, “You don’t deserve to call yourself the great and powerful... there are far more ponies who are far more great and powerful than you!”

Trixie gasped in anger and shock, “That’s not true! I’m the great and powerful-“

The Main Six laughed at her.

”Oh don’t be silly,” Pinkie giggled, “You know that’s not true,”

”The great and powerful Trixie knows that she is the most great and pow-“ Trixie managed to say before the muzzle made itself tighter pressing her mouth shut, “Mfff,”

“You’re terrible and powerless,” Pinkie chided.

”Mrrrff!” Trixie tried.

”Can you fly?” Asked Rainbow Dash as she pointed to Twilight.

Rarity sassed, “Can your horn help you find gems?”

”Is there anything useful you can do?” Fluttershy asked, “Like befriend animals?”

”Mmmm, mrrff!” Trixie tried, but the muzzle was too tight.

Pinkie asked with a creepy smiled, “Can you make balloon animals or bake a cake?”

”Can you create a barrier to save your friend from a shooting?” Asked Applejack.

Twilight laughed, “Running instead of either creating a barrier or trying to stop the shooters isn’t very great or powerful, is it? It’s your own fault Gumdrop’s dead,”

Trixie bowed her head down in guilt, she wished she was able to save Gumdrop. Twilight stared at Trixie angrily.

”It’s your own fault that Stardust and Gumdrop are dead, along with Sunrise’s family, and she’ll die too! And it’ll be your fault! You’re not great and powerful! You’re just a wimp!”

”A useless, pathetic thing,” Rarity spat.

The Main Six continued to spit insults at her, she curled into a ball and sobbed when she suddenly appeared on a stage with the whole of Equestria as her crowd. They all made fun of her and screamed insults at her and rubbed in her mistakes, and she wasn’t as strong as magic as anyone else.

They added salt to the wounds and to top it up they even threw tomatoes at her and destroyed her wagon. She wanted to scream at it all to stop, but she couldn’t even open her mouth.

”No one loves you!”

”You’re powerless! What spells do you know!? Have you ever done something memorable?”

”How many crimes have you committed? How many times had you made your friends cry, stressed or be angry or even get hurt!?”

“This is not real!” She said in her mind, “This is Nightshade’s doing”

Trixie used her hooves to pull the muzzle off her face, she wiped some tears and faced the audience with determination.

”I’m not the pathetic and powerless Trixie...” She said with a smile as she put on her hat and cape that came outta nowhere, “I’m the great and powerful Trixie!” She shouted at the crowd, “You’re not real! This is just a nightmare, none of you are real!”

The crowd stared and everything started to vanish into darkness one by one. She watched in fear and confusion. Trixie sighed and looked down and saw she was now standing in a sunny field. There was a gentle breeze, Trixie looked around In confusion about where she was, then in front of her she saw a familiar white pegasus filly looking at her.

”S-Stardust?” Trixie questioned.