• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 735 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 735

Vs Dark Matter

“Charge!” Shouted GC. Racing towards the red eyed shadowy blob faster than the others. She dived through the air, slamming against the darkness, scratching it. Only to be slammed into a wall by a shadowy tentacle.

“Yo… I’m not going down that easy!” She raced back at it. Not giving up after being slammed down.

Sunrise flew around, firing her fire at every angle, while Zecora hurled bottles of stuff at it. The shadowy, big, bubbly wart-like bits lessening on every few hits.

Tiny Yak rammed at it full force, making a huge chunk vanish. But much to his annoyance, he noticed more grow back. Like an expanding bunch of bubbles.

“It’s no use!” Cried Trixie. “The shadows are just growing back!”

“Keep attacking!” Snowflake demanded as she bucked it. Striking at it the best she can. Dodging what she could before being grabbed and slammed to the ground.

“Weak…” Dark Matter sounded.

“It appears to have its eye closed!” Light sounded from somewhere. Not glitching out. “Why?”

GC screamed as she was flung against the wall again. Sunrise blasted at the shadow tentacle that was about to hit her. Destroying it.

“Thanks d-“ GC said before being cut of by surprise as sharp spikes suddenly came out of the walk she was leaning against. She was as lucky as heck that only her wing got impaled. She cried out in pain as she noticed. “N-not cool!” She threw a can of soda at Dark Matter.

“GC!” Cried Sunrise.

“I’m fine, bud… Ugh…” She whimpered in pain as the spikes went back into the wall. Tiny was quick to her side, investigating her wound. Luckily it did not hit any bone. But she would need to see a doctor after. She held her injured wing in her claw and watched as the team attacked the shadowy mess. Doing the best they could. She tried her best to not cry or fall in pain.

Stardust was running around, till she was punched in the face by a tentacle. She tried jumping onto it and biting it. But that only ended up with her being blasted a metre aware and nearly getting impaled by spikes. She tried again but was grabbed around the neck by a shadowy tentacle as more slammed Trixie and Tiny. But they soon got up.

“Stay out of this, child!” Snowflake scolding. Using her teeth and beak to break through and destroy the shadowy tentacle strangling the poor foal. All she did was watch her flop onto the ground below and get hit by Tiny by mistake.

“But!”

“No buts!” Snowflake demanded. Watching as she nearly got hit by a stroke of electricity.

When Sunrise fired at a particular spot. Dark Matter screamed in pain as its eye opened. It’s shadowy dark ‘shell’ stopped moving and reforming. She gasped in glee as she watched.

“Everyone, attack!” Cried Snowflake. Everyone attacked as hard as they could. GC and Snowflake used their sharp claws. Sunrise doing the biggest bursts of fire she could. Tiny rammed into the shadowy stuff as hard as possible while Zecora threw whatever potions and such she had left.

Trixie grinned ws she zapped lasers at it. Bolts of lighting went from her horn and zapped it hard. It the mass of shadows got smaller and smaller the more the gang hit, it got smaller by a chunk whenever someone hit the eye. They would have aimed for it if it did not keep moving around and did not close.

Sunrise coughed after she had done a big breath of fire. Getting the glimpse of some lavender object glowing from inside the shadows. She gasped as soon as she realised.

“The core! We are close!”

“Exactly!” Stardust exclaimed, looking through the hole. Neither of them noticing the eye glow and the body start rumbling.

“Look out!” GC warned. But it was too late. A shock wave rushed out the shadowy body, all around. Slamming everyone into the walls. They groaned as they got up.

“You think that will defeat us!?” GC shouted.

“Yeah! We almost uncovered the core!”

“You're too late!” The eye glowed bright and electricity ran through it. Sparks in the air created a vision fro everyone to see. The darkness was starting to rain dark watery drips. On impact, any creature was encased in stone!

“N-no!” Sunrise exclaimed.

“No, we are not!” Shouted GC.

Then electrical surges rushed through Dark Matter as it laughed. “I am making Equestria better!”

Everyone raced at it. Slamming it with whatever energy they had left. Claws slashed, spikes burst up. Throws and slams happened. Zaps were shot, fire was fired and headbutts were used as hard as possible. Everyone was getting tired.

An electrical beam shot at GC, from the eye as it glowed purple, GC could not get away in time. Making everyone scream her name in horror as she was slammed at a wall.

“GC! GC! are you okay!?” Screamed Sunrise.

“I can’t feel my legs… or my wings…” GC wheezed. Sunrise making a gasped and covering her mouth. She was turning to stone. Much to her own horror as she looked at herself.

“D-dude… Not cool!” She shouted. Her back legs were now stone, so she could not move. It was spread quickly through her body. Till she was completely encased.

“No!” Trixie exclaimed. Blasting once again. Watching in terror as Dark Matter hit everyone hard with more attacks. Everyone was getting tired as they kept fighting. They aimed for the eye. There were a few hits. Tiny charged at the eye, but was grabbed by a tentacle and thrown at Stardust, really hard. It must have been like getting hit by a boulder.

“Tiny yak sorry!” Tiny apologised quickly.

Stardust was not okay as she got up.Barely dodging some spikes. Unfortunatly, Snowflake and Zecora were not as luckily. Snowflake got sliced by a spike in the shoulder whole Zecora got along the foreleg, impaling her shoulder. She fell to the ground in pain. Not able to dodge a tentacle slamming her. She was unable to fight anymore as she weakly made her way to where Stardust was waiting, losing conscious slowly, behind a barrier in a corner that Light made. GC was there, too.

“GC, Stardust and Zecora! Three of us are down!” Snowflake stated, like one would state in an official report. In a war or such. “Sunrise, me, Trixie, Tiny remain. Four of us left.”

Trixie could feel her heart racing. She was starting to feel tired herself but had to keep going. She dodged whatever attacks she could and hit when she could. But she could feel her horn getting tired and almost overheat. But she needed to hold on.

Then she froze as she heard a blood chilling scream from Sunrise. She watched in horror as her wing got sliced by a spike and she fell to the ground. Crying in pain like a child. Because she was only a child. She laid there was blood come from her. Luckily Snowflake saved her from getting hit from a zap of lightning and put her behind the barrier.

“Tiny!” Trixie screamed as she watched Tiny be transformed into stone. Then Snowflake was hit.

“Trixie!” Snowflake shouted as she slowly turned to stone.

Now only Trixie remained. Staring in horror. Her team was out. Light grabbed the two fallen ones, not moving its barrier form an inch.

“N-no!”

“They cannot go on…” Light said. “They cannot stay here, it is too dangerous…”

“What? But I can’t do this on my own!”

“It's too dangerous for them to stay! They cannot fight anyway. An attack could bypass the barrier and harm them!”

Trixie gasped. Looking at the amount of blood there was. Light was right. Zecora and Sunrise were too injured to continue. The rest were transformed into stone. They can’t really fight back. They helped her this whole way. Now it was time to help them. She knew exactly what spell to use. Teleportation.

But there was a problem. It would take the energy to move such a big group a long distance. But it was the best way to get them to safety. But where? Maybe ponyville hospital. She was basically right above Ponyville, so it was closer. They needed care too. They needed to be safe. So a hospital seemed like the best choice.

She stood there, her horn glowing as she thought of the hospital. Hoping some nurse would be able to help them. Her horn felt warm as it started to glow. Then she sent out the magic, the group vanishing in a flash of light as she panted.Struggling to breath.

Trixie groaned as she collapsed on the ground. She was the only one up here. She laid there. Finding it hard to breath. She groaned as she got up. The rest of the team was either too hurt to go on or stone. It was only her. She hopelessly shook as she got up. Her horn feeling like a piece of metal that was sitting in the hot sun all day. Steam was coming from it.

“C’mon!” She was exhausted as her horn weakly glowed with her magic aura. She mumbled in pain as she sent another beam of lightning towards the shadow. Almost fainting as she gasped in pain. She never felt so much pain come from her horn.


Soon a part of the ground flew upwards like smoke, something or someone had burst through the floor! Trixie looked around, looking to see who or what it was! Then she heard a blast of magic hit the dark clouds near the eye. She looked around.

”Who, what!?” She questioned.

The answer was simpler than she thought! It was Twilight!

”No one hurts my friends!” She shouted as she flew wide circles around the room to dodge the blasts coming from the eye.

Trixie gasped in shock, “Twilight!?”

“Take this!!” Twilight shouted as she blasted a bright magical beam of power to Dark Matter, hitting the clouds that only grew back within seconds.

“Twilight!!” Trixie called out, “Hit the eye! It’s the weak point!” She shouted. Glad she knew something better than Twilight. But annoyed she was seeing her in this weak state.

“Got it!” Twilight nodded.

Trixie wanted to help.

While Trixie ran towards the eye Twilight shot a bunch of magic towards it. The eye glowed red and made a noise that sounded like something charging up. Before Trixie and Twilight’s spells could even get near the eye their path was blocked by spikes that suddenly shot upwards. Twilight was almost impaled by one. She lost a few feathers in the process. She landed near Trixie who was standing next to a wall after running from the spikes.

”Oh my, that was way too close! What else does it have in store?” She asked her. Who was shaking like crazy at this point.

”Dunno- but how and why are you here?” Trixie questioned,“I thought you were turned to stone,”

Twilight smiled a little. Then sighed sadly as she looked to the ground.

”Only my friends were... and when I saw your friends were turned to stone I had to help too!”

Suddenly spikes shot up between them, almost hitting them both, they were lucky to jump away in time. This Dark Matter creature was not giving up.

”Ugh, whatever, let’s just defeat this-“ Trixe said before being knocked back by a blob of the cloudly substance coming from it. It was hard enough to send her crashing, slamming into the wall on the other side. Groaning after being battered and beaten up so much on this adventure. She watched as he hat floated across the room.

“Trixie!” Shouted Twilight.

Trixie got up and watched the eye aim at Twilight who had a notebook put and was writing down a plan to defeat Dark Matter. Trixie gasped in shock. She knew what was about to happen as electricity formed around it. She was

“Twilight! Look out!” Trixie screamed.

Twilight looked but It was too late, she did try to fly away but it was too quick and blasted her in the side. She yelped as she fell to the ground, turning into stone. Clearly she was horrified, she had a mortified expression as she watched herself, no way to stop it. Trixie whined, she wasn’t expecting Twilight to get defeated so easily, and this was one of the worst times to beat her at something.

”Given up already?” Asked Dark Matter.

Trixie suddenly turned around with an angry face.

“No! You won’t get the best of me!” Trixie screeched as she ran towards the eye, she jumped up and was about to hit it with her hooves.

The eye lit up as she jumped, what happened next was a blur for Trixie. It made a powerful blast that made her body violently ragdoll through the ‘room’ until it hit the wall. Her body was bruised and numb. She couldn’t feel her leg.

She slid down the wall, back up against it, she soon was on her run with back up against the wall. Trixie tried moving but it hurt, she couldn’t feel her legs. Her body had burns and bruises in countless locations. Her vision was blurry, she tried to get up but could only hade a few steps before crashing onto the ground.

“Just look at you” She heard a voice, “Useless. Pathetic. Weak.” It sounded like Nightshade.

Soon a giant Nightshade coloured grabbed her tightly and squeezed her. Trixie could hardly speak or breathe. Gasping, she poked heat out of the shadowy mass and looked down to see Nightshade’s form grabbing into her tightly. It was similar to she heard how a human hand apparently looks.

“Look how far you come, but you can’t come any further! You’re small, weak and pathetic! I could literally crush you right here and right now!”Nightshade hissed. "You are just a pony."

”No you won’t! I’m the great and-“ Trixie managed to say before being interrupted.

Nightshade hissed again before dropping her, “That my have worked though my dream but that won’t work here! I am far more powerful than you’d ever imagine! I can stretch my form to the point you’re the size of a mouse to me! Dark Matter is bigger and more powerful than the whole globe! You’re too late! This is its full and complete form!”

Trixie coughed, “I can defeat it!”

”If you can truely defeat this then you’d be able to kill an Ursa Major or any giant creature... blind-folded!”

”I’m the great and po-“ Trixie managed to say before her neck was grabbed tightly.

She made squeaking noises from her mouth as she struggled to get even three hits on it.

“Look at you. Just a helpless, little pony...” It spoke before throwing Trixie at a wall. “No friends to help her, weak, pathetic and useless... No power at all! Nothing, just a waste...”

Trixie’s vision started going blurry as she laid there, she blinked it back to normal and tried to get up.

“You just want... to win...” Trixie grunted before being pushed down.

”Just look at the stats! How many times have you managed to hit me since your friends were turned to stone?” There was a pause, “none! Look how many times I beat you up! Look at yourself! I can bash you and destroy earth at the same time! You’re nothing against me!”

Trixie found herself feeling heavier and heavier, and found it harder to breathe, she didn’t know why. She was too weak, she felt weaker, she knew it was far more powerful than her. She couldn’t reach the weak spot or go on for much longer, it was right, she was nothing against it. She had no chance. This was the end, she had no hope. Soon enough Trixie slowly closes her eyes, everything went dark...


Ponies stood just outside Twilight’s castle. Many unicorns combining their magic to create a huge shelter like a barrier over themselves to sheild them from the rain. There was at least a hundred of them. Many from other towns that had travelled to Ponyville. Because they wanted to see Twilight and friends destroy Dark Matter. Or they wanted to see why she wasn't. They were also there, feeling they would be safer there. Since she was the closest alicorn and maybe knew the answers to many of their questions.

Celestia and Luna were safe at the moment. But in Canterlot. Far away and likely noone will be allowed in the castle at this time and situation.

As time went on. The ponies got more and more impatient.

“That’s it!” Shouted Lyre, “I am getting tired of this!”

“Maybe the princesses can’t do anything! Maybe this is it?” Another pony said as they looked to the sky. Many friends cuddled each other in worry.

“I never thought this would be how the world ends…” A colt worried as he looked into the air.

The ponies under the barrier, just about to head into the castle noticed something galloping towards them. A kirin with a magic barrier above her and a bat pony as they ran over. As soon as they arrived under, everypony stared at them. In confusion and shock. Many never seeing a kirin before. Ignoring the bat pony that was cowering behind her in fear.

“We need to cheer Trixie on! She needs us and we need her. She is just a pony who had this quest given to her. We need to show her all our support!” Minty exclaimed. “We cannot lose hope… No matter how dark times get…”

The crowd was silent as they looked into the air. It was shocking that Trixie was up there. That magician who hardly knew how to use magic. A single pony ran out into the rain, turning into stone. Believing they were doomed and completely losing hope. But many others stayed. They did not know if to belive this kirin or not. But it was worth a try.

“But how?” Asked Lyre. “She cannot hear us from here.”

“Anyone know a telepathy spell?” Asked Scootaloo.

“No…” Sweetie sighed as a result.

“We better get inside the castle!” A random pony interrupted. “We unicorns are getting tired of holding up this barrier. It’s gonna fail any time soon!”

Lyre nodded in agreement with the claim. Watching in concern as Minuette proceeded to almost pass out. The rain was starting to get heavier and more violent, a few drops managed to fly under the barrier. Almost hitting ponies. They all hurried inside the palace. The unicorns were tired out as the door slammed.

“Thank goodness…” Amethyst Star sighed. Sitting down.

"Yeah..." Sassy responded. Looking up with concern. She was here to visit Rarity. But that did not go well...

Many ponies looked at Minty, who looked a little nervous. Standing there with a whole crowd of ponies looking at her. Did not help that she was worse. No one really took all that much notice to Mango, who was hiding behind a plant. Cowering at the sight of so many ponies.

Everyone gasped in shock as there was a flash of light. Realising to be a unicorn nurse. Teleporting a few ponies, Sunrise, Zecora to safely in the castle. The nurse gasped. Her green eyes filled with fear.

“The- A shadowy blob started shooting patients and hospital staff. Turning them to stone!” She exclaimed. “Shadowy blobs are managing to get inside buildings and hitting those who are inside!”

Everyone gasped in horror. It was getting worse by the second. Now there were shadowy blob things flying around shooting ponies who were inside? This was drastic. At this rate, survivors were going to be unlucky. They needed Trixie to defeat Dark Matter and now!

“Alright…” Minty shouted, not meaning to do it loud. But to get everyone's attention. “We need to tell Trixie to not give up hope! Standing here is not going to help! Maybe I can use kirin magic to connect to her…’’

Minty hoped she was able to use her magic to contact Trixie. There were two species of kirin. One who often had more earthly colours, only knew levitation. But were better at making potions, healing, singing and climbing mountains. Where’s Minty’s specie was the other one. That was found deep in the jungles, more colourful, and could send messages far. The messages stored in balls of magic that would float to the receiver. But that took a lot of energy to do. Depending on the distance and size. This would make her tired for a while and maybe not able to use magic for a while. But it wouldn’t harm her.

“I cannot assure you guys this will work. Or if each of you will get a message in…” She looked at them with determination. “It will take a lot of energy. But I can try!”

“If this does not work, I do know somepony who can get through to Trixie if she is not awake!” Applebloom exclaimed. “We can use her help to contact Trixie!”

“Who?” Many ponies asked. “And how?”

“Yeah. How are we gonna get to this pony? If we leave. We are stone!” Scootaloo grunted at her, unsure.

“Spike can help send her a letter!” Applebloom responded. pointing at said dragon who was munching on gems nearby.

“Me?”

“Yes!” Exclaimed Scootaloo. You can send a message to Princess Luna to try and wake Trixie up if she gets knocked out or something! If the kirin’s idea won’t work, that will!

“Got it!” Spike nodded and ran to grab a scroll and a pen. He quickly started to write.

Minty’s horn glowed bright blue. She stood there, thinking of the location. Grunting a bit as a light blue bubble-like object came out her horn. She took a few breaths and did another one, grunting as this small lump of blue light popped poked out her horn. Then it slowly started inflating to a certain size before Minty released it. Like a balloon, floating in the air slightly.

After a few, she started to look a little sweaty. Kirins often had weaker magic than unicorns. But she had to do it. This spell was only mostly known with her own kirin species, anyway.

Ponies could see it was putting a lot of pressure on her. But she was not giving up. She kept creating these bubble-like things, one by one. Each one making her a little more tired than the last. She kept going until she almost fainted from exhaustion. There was not enough for everyone. But still a lot. Each one was grabbed in a pair of hooves, or claws.

She tried yo make another one, but it popped to nothingness and she almost fell to the ground. Looking exhausted. Her horn was overheating. But there was no permanent harm done. The more a kirin is trained. The more and bigger one's they could do. Bigger ones held bigger messages. But, with her skill fifty-something small ones wasn't too bad. She tried once more, almost making one but gasping loudly. Falling to the ground with a thud and groan.

“Minty!?” Sunrise questioned. Seeing her laying there, struggling to get up. She laid there for a while. Panting in exhaustion. She was starting to feel dizzy.

“I-I’m fine…” She said, making a slight whimper as she sat up. She used more energy to create one last bubble for herself and grabbed it in her hooves. She down at it and took a deep breath. Her’s was smaller than the others, because she didn’t have much energy left. She felt like she was about to faint.

“Y-you send it like this…” She petted with a hoof and spoke into it like a microphone. It slowly turning green. That was when she let it go and allow it to fly away. All the others did the same thing. Even Mango, who managed to grab one. His speech was mostly squeaks along with a few badly pronounced short words.

When each pony and dragon let theirs go, they watched as they phased through the castle wall. Each bubble floating up to Dark Matter. Unaffected by the rain. Minty on the ground. Mango and Sunrise rushing to her side. Worrying for her.

“Mi- Mi-“ Mango the bat pony squeaked.

Sunrise was about to start crying but sighed in relief. Seeing as she was breathing healthily. It seemed she only needed a rest. “Guess that magic took a lot of energy from you…”