• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 735 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 735

Into The Darkness

”Uh.. Trixie?” She heard GC amongst the sound of curiosity and awe among her friends and Ponyville, “Dude, uh, you can open your eyes now,”

Trixie took a peek and looked around her. It was, of course dark, but she could see many faces looking down at something in front of Trixie with awe and confusion, they muttered about what was going to happen next. There seems to have been a glow as the ground and around it was lit up in front of her.

”What are you guys looking at?” She asked before looking down, “Oh,”

It was a transparent round platform with six diamonds ingraved within it. Everyone including Trixie looked at it with amazement, as she put her hoof towards it she felt the warmth of the light, a pleasing warm coming from the glow. The platform wasn’t hot to touch. It felt and looked totally made of crystal.

Bon-Bon looked at it and went to tap it out of curiosity but her hoof simply phased through it much to everyone's surprise.

”Huh?” She questioned as she looked at her own hoof, “That’s weird, Trixie is able to touch it just fine,” She said as she pointed at Trixie who had her hoof on it without problem.

The platform spoke, it sounded glitched and broken, “Tr-ix-ie an-d fr-ei-nds on-ly,”

”What, Trixie, I thought we were friends now?” A random pony in the audience questioned.

Trixie shrugged, “Maybe it meant the team?”

”Y-es I mea-n the tea-m tha-t p-ut m-e b-ack to-ge-th-er,”

”Us!” Stardust exclaimed, “It means us!”

”Heck yeah it does!” GC responded proudly.

Sunrise put her claw up. Everyone in the team knew what this meant.

”Trixie’s not doing that again...” She mumbled.

“It’s been a while since we have… Why?” Trixie grunted.

”Sunrise, GameCube, Loophole, Tiny, Snowflake, The Starry Squad!” Then they all paused.

“I forgot how it went…”

“We too…”

The platform made a screech that sounded like, “Save us,”

Derpy quickly went up to them, “Uhm, excuse me...”

”Hey Derps, you trying to have some clumsiest pegasus contest with Flapper Flops? This ain’t the time,” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

”No, I want to avenge Gumdrop!” Derpy exclaimed.

”Der-py cannot come, sh-e may have he-lped Gum-dro-p. But wasn’t officially part of the team. Ze-c-or-a, can come,” It managed to say before making another screech.

”Uh... I think we should hurry!” GC said out loud with worry as she dropped her soda, “My soda!” She cried. "You were soooo tasty! Why!?"

Sunrise hopped on, “Hurry, please!”

“Please be careful!” Mayor Mare exclaimed.

Everyone got on, including Zecora.

”Zecora!? You’re going too?” Asked Applebloom with surprise.

“I’ve been invited along with the crew, so I’ll go too,” Zecora said with a smile, “Another adventure I won’t mind, together we will bind,”

Trixie was the last one to get on, as she stepped on she sighed, “I can’t believe I’m doing this,”

”I know right!? This will be so amazing!”Called out Sunrise.

”Wait!” Cried out Starlight as she galloped over, “Trixie!”

”Starlight!? You’re alive!” Trixie’s smile lit up, she almost did a little jump. Then she paused. “It didn’t say you could come?” Trixie said, annoyed.

”Yeah dude, you’re the same pony that accused her because of Nightshade,” GC added. Only to get a small kick.

Starlight sighed and looked at Trixie without a word. She put on a slight smile and suddenly gave Trixie a big hug.

”I know you can do this, please, try your best, okay?” Starlight asked, “And... please be careful, I didn’t want to lose a silly friend like you,”

Trixie smiles a bit, surprised by the sudden hug, she looked at Starlight who was hugging tightly, a hoof around her neck and a hoof on her back.

”Ack-“ Trixie said in response to a tight squeeze. She hugged her back with a smile, “Don’t worry, in the great and powerful Trixie, remember? A bunch of shadows won’t take me down,”

Starlight didn’t let go until the platform shrieked.

”Star-li-ght h-ug ti-me is o-ve-r,”

”Oh, right, sorry,” Starlight apologised as she let go.

The platform formed a crystal-like edge around the ends to avoid anyone falling off. It twinkled and had a glitter-like pattern that was the same colors as the jewels. It slowly went into the air, every pony on the ground waved goodbye and wished them good luck. It slowly drifted away from Ponyville and towards the lake as it went higher and higher.

”Woah, look how high we are, Ponyville looks like a play set from up here,” Sunrise said with awe.

”Yeah it does, this must be what you flyers see when you’re up high...” Stardust said quietly.

GC laughed, “Heck yeah!”

”It’s just prescriptive, that’s how it works,” Snowflake said in a monotone voice and no expression.

Everyone looked at her slightly annoyed, “Let us have our fun,” GC snorted. "She must be fun at parties."

Trixie looked around and spotted everywhere she went and remembered all those times, they seemed such a long time ago. She spotted the top of the castle ruins peeking through the trees in the Everfree.

”Stardust...” Trixie sighed with a slight smile, “Wow, it feels like forever since I’ve went with Zecora to the ruins after Stardust vanished,”

”Woah! Thats awesome! The first one was in the Everfree forest!?,” GC asked.

Trixie nodded in response, then over the horizon she spotted the desert.

She pointed at it much to everyone else’s, besides Snowflake’s, amusement, “That’s where I got the yellow jewel!”

Then they noticed that Zecora looked a bit nervous when she looked down when they went as high as Cloudsdale.

“Zebra okay?” Asked Tiny.

”We Zebra don’t have the ability to fly. So I’m not so used to being up so high,” Zecora explained.

”Uh... what about up in the mountains?”Asked Trixie.

Zecora looked at her with slight annoyance, “The mountains is not so high compared to the clouds, and there isn’t such a clear view of the far ground,”

Stardust giggled, “I don’t think that rhymed,”

Zecora made an ‘oh shoot face’ before making an annoyed face at her. Everyone chuckled in response. It was a bit crowded in the platform but they were getting closer and closer to the darkness so

Sunrise pointed out into the distance at Manehattan, it was dark but it was all lit up like it was night time.

”That’s where I met Trixie and...” She sighed, “My life changed... but I’m glad I have such amazing friends and the baddies been punished...”

Trixie smiled, “Trixie bets your parents and sister are proud of you,”

Tiny pointed towards Mount Everhoof, “That’s where yak meet blue pony back then,”

Soon it got colder and colder, and Cloudsdale looked tiny from how high they were, they went above any cloud. In fact, they could almost see all of Equestria from the height they are right then.

But it didn’t stop there, Trixie thought that they were going to end up in space, but that wasn’t the case. By the time they were entering the darkness, they could see each shoreline of the land, it was amazing how vast Equestria was.


Everyone held their breaths as the platform went through the dark cloud-like substance just in case. When they went though they were surprised to see how hollow it was inside. It was just like a large empty room made out of black cloud, it also felt a bit hard to breath but everyone knew they had to put up with it.

It also felt a bit warm in the darkness, Trixie felt Sunrise cling to her.

“I-I’m- im scared!” She whimpered.

Snowflake groaned a little, “Then why’d you come up here!?”

”Man... I...” GC thought of what to say, “Did you expect... more light?” She asked.

Sunrise cringed to Trixie’s cape, hugging it out of fear, “Y-yeah, I... I thought it would have been like... a palace full of torches and I- I wanted to breathe my fear and help Trixie! She helped me and-“ She cried a bit and wiped her tears away with her arm.

”That’s so brave of you...,” Stardust explained.

GC poked her tongue out in a playful way, “Yeah, we got this, dude!”

”C-Ca-n’t go b-ack, wo-n’t g-o b-ack, go o-n, b-rave dr-agon a-as br-ave as Star-dust,” The platform seemed to have glitched a bit and sounded more broken.

Trixie grew worried with concern in her voice, “Please don’t break on us, I worked so hard to bring us to this point,”

”D-on’t w-wo-rry a-bout m-e, A-ll I nee-d i-s a ho-st to be st-able,”

”A host?” Sunrise asked.

Trixie thought for a moment,“I think means like a body to be part with,”

”Y-es, we-ll, cl-ose en-ough...”

“Can we just get on with the adventure!?” GC shouted annoyed, “Seriously! A second we stand here equals a second closer to Equestria dying!”

”No need to shout so loud... Those without wings can’t walk on cloud,” Zecora responded.

The platform gave an annoyed sigh, “You c-an wa-lk on da-rk m-att-er,”

”Oh,” Stardust replied bluntly, “Well, that’s convenient,”

Everyone walked off and they were amazed they didn’t fall through. It felt bouncy, like standing on a trampoline but more cushion, like standing on a giant marshmallow. Tiny bounced a little, then did a huge bounce that bounced everyone up into the air and back on the dark cloud. Sunrise, GC and Stardust giggled, everyone else looked at Tiny unimpressed.

”Oops... Yak sorry,” He apologised.

Trixie shook her head. Droplets of water flew from it, “Brrr,” she exclaimed as she shook the water from her hooves as she walked.

”Still wet, huh?” Sunrise asked.

Trixie nodded, “Obviously, I have fur and you don’t, plus my cape... I assume I’ll take longer to dry...” She said before shaking her body like a dog.

Stardust did the same, “There, not as wet anymore!”

Everyone else, except for Tiny and Snowflake did the same, drying themselves mostly. They were still a bit damp but no longer soaking wet.

“Tiny thick fur,” Tiny claimed before shaking himself like a dog, splashing everyone, soaking them.

He got a few glares from everyone except for Sunrise and Stardust who were laughing like hyenas.

“Easy for you to laugh...” mumbled Trixie, “Sunrise, you have no fur... unlike the rest of us...”

”I have feathers,” Snowflake and GC said at the same time.

”Well..” GC added, “Mostly I think?”

Trixie nodded she walked wondering when the heck they’d arrive to where Dark Matter was. Light was leading them in the correct direction as it claimed it could detect the core.

The eye started to glow. It become so bright everyone had to look away from it. Light started to glow. Soon a huge purple barrier appeared around everyone. Saving them from the laser that was shot from the eye. The group penned their eyes. Sunrise was shaking in terror. Stardust had a huge smile on her face. GC’s limps were shaking as she stared straight ahead.

“D-dude? We don’t have t-to fight it ourselves, right?” GC was clearly terrified of this.

Trixie took a few steps back. The barrier was still there, she knew it wasn’t from her. But her horn was glowing. But it was a purple glow instead.

“Wh-what’s going on?” She whimpered. “Light?”

Light came out of Trixie’s horn in its blob like floating form. It was glowing purple, Trixie’s horn stopped glowing as it came out. But the barrier still remained up.

“We-neeeeed- to-to -w-ork- togeth-er. U-use m-me to b-break the core.” Light seemed to have glitched a bit.

“The core?” GC asked as she stepped forward and looked at Dark Matter. “What does it look like?”

Light made a loud screech as it tried to speak. Everyone covered their ears as a result. It was so loud, even the barrier almost vanished.

“Core?” Sunrise looked down and then up at Light. “Core, as in an apple core?”

“What?” Asked GC as everyone raised a brow.

Stardust gasped excitedly before Sunrise could explain. “Oh! I think I know!”

Snowflake rolled her eyes. “How could a duo of young children know the answer to defeating this,”

Stardust ignored her and explained. “You know how you have an apple? There’s this.. yummy part you eat? Then when you get to the end, you’re left with the core, the seeds and a not so yummy block of apple? What if it’s like that? The core is under all the flesh and skin!?”

“I don’t think that thing has any flesh or skin…” GC muttered quietly.

“Trixie knew that…”

“We… Kinda figured that out. But at least we have the same idea what it’s about.” Zecora responded.

Then there was a pause.

“So this is our great and powerful plan…” Trixie said with a smirk. “We destroy the outside and get to the core!”

“Yeah!” Everyone cheered.

Snowflake scoffed. “Explaining your plan in front of the baddie is never a good idea…”

Ignoring Snowflake, everyone looked at Dark Matter.

“This is it guys… No heading back!” Stardust said with a smile.

“No matter what happens…” GC started.

“We must win!” Sunrise shouted.

“Team no give up!” Tiny exclaimed.

“Here goes nothing…”

“For Equestria!”

liked up like a hero team would do in a movie. Trixie stood in the middle and front, Stardust stood by her side, doing a silly pose that looked as if she had done a silly dance. Trixie did a rear, cape flapping epically. Yak stood to the right, leg raised, with GC next to him, looking as if she was ready to box. On the other side stood Sunrise, who was ready to blow some fire. Then there were Snowflake and Zecora. The latter had a smug face and held a potion bottle. The other was standing there, no expression.

“What kind of story is this?” Snowflake asked them.