• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 735 Views, 25 Comments

Diamonds of Stardust - Lulamoon-Crystal



This endeavour begins when a mysterious cloaked being pays Trixie a visit. Leaving behind a lot of unexpected responsibility.

  • ...
1
 25
 735

Sunrise

Trixie and the dragon stared at each other. It took a while for anyone to say something, the dragon shrugged and simply greeted her.

”Heya... my name is Sunrise, I’m ten years old... have you seen my mama, papa and sister? We were playing hide-and-seek in the park, it’s taking them a very long time to find me. I think I won, maybe they gave up and are waiting for me? I’ve been waiting since after lunchtime yesterday”

Trixie looked at her and had a bad feeling in her stomach, then remembered; the cop said that two dragons and their daughter were killed. Her heard almost broke for the small dragon, it was going to be her that breaks the news.

”Can Trixie... Can I ask you some questions?” Trixie asked, hoping that her parents were fine and nearby.

”Well... okay! Is it a game?”

”No... if you want Trixie‘s help, you’ll need to answer honestly...” Trixie sighed, “How old... is your sister? Was your family the only dragons in Manehattan? What is the last thing you heard from them and last place you’ve seen them”

”My sister is like five or six... yeah, I didn’t spot any other dragons and... uh... In the distance I did hear my mama yell my sister’s name as if she got hurt... after a loud bang noise,” Sunrise then saw Trixie looking heartbroken, hoof on chest and tears coming from her eyes, “Don’t be sad, I’m sure we’ll find my family”

Trixie’s voice was choked from tears, “I don’t think we will”

”You can’t lose hope, my mama said that always believe, and that there’s always hope!... or it was something like that...” Sunshine informed her.

Trixie sighed, “I... I heard that two victims-“ Trixie stopped for a moment, “There were some baddies around yesterday afternoon...”

”Don’t worry! Mama and Dada are like superheroes! The baddies won’t get away with doing baddie stuff”

It took a while, “I need to take you to the police station... they’ll tell you where your parents are...”

”Oh my gosh! Really! Okay” Sunshine said eagerly.

Trixie packed her belongings into her wagon, she made sure to not accidentally sniff her smelly cape. She soon got her wagon on and started to pull, Sunshine sat on her back and enjoyed the ride. Normally Trixie would have told her to get off but didn’t have the heart to knowing that Sunshine’s heart was about to be smashed into pieces.

”Have I really gone soft... I’m supposed to be great and powerful,” Trixie whined quietly.

“Yeah, your fur is quite soft, a bit smelly, through,” Sunshine innocently replied.

“Right... mind if we go to get washed first?” Trixie replied with disgust

”The wagon wash?” Sunshine asked recalling a place where you could put your wagon through for it to get cleaned.

”Uh... no... I’m talking about me...”

After a while of walking, they finally arrived at a large building with a sign saying ‘Manehattan Spa’. It looked lush and rich, the front doors were glass and inside the floor and pillars looked as if they were made from marble.

”Oh... what’s a spa?” Sunrise asked.

Trixie smiled eagerly, “You’re just about to find out! I go here whenever I’m in Manehattan, I know the spa owners well”

The two went inside after Trixie secured her wagon in a parking spot outside.

“Oh, Trixie Lulamoon ! How’s your day?” A green and yellow earth pony stallion asked, he was wearing a bow tie and his cutiemark was some smelling salts with a flower.

”Hello Salty... It’s been pretty okay, I guess... besides the aftermath of yesterday,” Trixie put on a slight smile as she approached the front desk, “The usual, for two, please”

”Oh!” Salty exclaimed, “Who’s the guest?”

Sunrise held her claw up and waved, “Hello!”

”Oh, a dragon, nice to meet you, little one,” He said eagerly before looking at Trixie, “Is she related to those dragons yesterday that were-“

Trixie interrupted him, she whispered, so Sunrise didn’t hear, “Yes... but I don’t want to break it to her just yet, I don’t want to be the one that breaks her heart into bits!”

”What are you talking about?” Sunrise asked curiously.

”Nothing...” Trixie responded as she paid the price for the spa.

Salty got from his desk and happily led them, “This way, ladies”

⭐️☀️⭐️

The two got into the spa’s steam room, it got filled with steam, Trixie relaxed happily, but Sunrise sat there confused.

“I don’t get it...” She shrugged.

”You soon will,” Trixie said with a content sigh, “This spa’s not as good as Ponyville’s through”

Sunshine sat amongst the steam, curious on what it’s supposed to be doing, she soon shrugged it off as a Pony thing and enjoyed watching the steam fly around.

”Is it just me or...” Trixie thought as she opened her eyes and looked at Sunrise, “She reminds me of Stardust... is she? No, it can’t be”

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Sunrise asked.

Trixie shrugged, “Uh... nothing...”

After the steam bath was over, the two laid on chairs and got facial mud on their faces, Sunshine got green while Trixie got pink.

“What’s this stuff?” Sunrise questioned before cucumbers were placed on each of their eyes.

”Facial mud... it helps,” Trixie explained.

Soon a pony approached them, “Would you two like messages?”

”Sure!” They both replied at the same time.

”I love massages!” Sunrise explained as she got hers.

After the spa was over and the facial mud and cucumbers were removed along with taking off the bathrobes, the two sat in a large tub filled with water and smelling salts, there were also bubbles and a few bath toys for Sunrise’s entertainment. They also allowed Trixie to bring her cape in to give it a wash. While Sunrise was sitting in the tub with bubbles and rubber duckies, Trixie was in the water holding her cape in her hooves and scrubbing it with soap.

She made sure every spot had soap in it before rinsing it, she put soap through it again just to make sure it was totally clean. It smelt alright after a while and all the stains and dirt were gone from it, she wrung out the excess water and hung it outside the tub. Trixie then noticed that Sunrise was looking at her cape.

”Wowiee! Look at all those stars!”

Trixie gasped, that was a similar reaction to what Stardust had when she saw her cape. Maybe Sunrise is Stardust, maybe she didn’t die, She possibly turned into a dragon and ended up somewhere else! But wait, if she was Stardust wouldn’t she be saying something? Unless Stardust has to stay quiet about her real identity for some reason.

The theories and questions filled Trixie‘s head, was this Stardust or not? Stardust did say she was a dragon, but Sunrise had a family. She shook her head to get herself to snap out of it, she needed more evidence.

“Sunrise... Trixie has a few questions for you,”

”Sure... but can you get me ice cream after this?”

”Alright,” Trixie responded with a sigh, “I require you to answer honestly... where are you from and um... what do you think of ponies, who was the first pony you ever saw? And what was your first impression of Trixie?”

”Well... I’m from the Dragon Land... and I think ponies are pretty great, so soft and friendly and colourful! And really huggable!” She said before giving Trixie a huge hug, she then backed away, “But dry ponies feel better than wet ones... and the first pony? Hm... I’ll say it was a purple unicorn, or was she white?, but I can’t really remember... and my first impression was that you didn’t see me coming,” She said with a slight chuckle.

”Uh... huh...” Trixie responded.

⭐️☀️⭐️

The two walked through Manehattan, Sunrise walked with Trixie holding a cone of chocolate ice cream, Trixie had ice cream too, in her magic, but it was strawberry flavour. They walked towards the police station which was still quite a walk to get there, they ate their ice cream as they walked. Sunrise ate hers quickly and messily, there was ice cream all around her mouth and claws, Trixie ate hers slowly and more lady-like.

“Ugh...” Trixie said as she finished hers, she grabbed a napkin and wiped her mouth, she grabbed a few more and cleaned Sunrise up.

The two tossed their rubbish in the bin and continued to walk to where they needed to go. After a bit of walking, and Trixie being convinced by Sunrise to put her cape back on because she looked awesome, they heard a yell. It happened right before Trixie put her wagon’s strap back on.

“There she is!”

A strong earth pony stallion cop jumped on her back and pinned her down, a unicorn police mare put a device on Trixie‘s horn to stop her magic.

“Get off the great and powerf-“ Trixie managed to say before being slapped by the mare.

”You have the right to remain silent,” The stallion responded.

”What did I do!?” Trixie shrieked.

”You’re under arrest, you’re a suspect of the gun violence,” The mare spat.

Trixie gasped, “What! I’m not even the right age to handle the gun, I’m only eighteen!”

”Underage possession of a gun,” The stallion responded.

Trixie tried to kick the stallion off her, but it only started violence.

”We have a fighter,” The stallion said before wacking Trixie in the face with his hoof hard enough to give her a black eye.

The unicorn cop sighed, “Mystery... what did we say about using violence?, criminals trying to wiggle from your grip doesn’t count as fighting back, if she had a weapon that’d be acceptable, but I don’t think she does,”

”Sorry ma’am,” Mystery apologised.

Trixie laid with her head on the cold, hard cement both scared and confused, her left eye was badly hurt and both eyes watered. She gasped when she spotted Sunrise hiding under the wagon in fear.

The mare looked at Trixie angrily, “We need to search you and your wagon,”

Trixie whimpered as she watched the mare use a spell to scan her.

”There’s no weapons on you...” The mare said before going to the wagon and breaking down the door, she went inside for a few minutes before coming out, “She doesn’t have any weapons at all...”

”Can you let me go?” Trixie asked.

”No... we need to talk to somepony who has seen you today... perhaps the pony who turned you in, what was her name again... Nightshade... something like that”

Trixie gasped in shock, she was about to say something, but Sunrise jumped out and explained.

”Woah, woah, woah!” Sunrise said, “I’ve been with her all day and...”

”A dragon? I guess... okay sweetie, we will be using a lie detecting spell on you, so you better tell the truth and nothing but the truth,” The mare cop explained.

Sunrise nodded, “In the park this morning, she found me when I fell from the tree... I didn’t know where my parents are, so she decided to help me find them, she took me to the spa and get ice cream before going to the police station,” The cops looked at each other with worry before Sunrise continued, “I do feel like Trixie was hiding something from me...”

Both cops looked at Trixie in anger, Sunrise looked at her in confusion.

The mare looked at Trixie, “You may speak, but keep in mind I do have the lie detecting spell on,”

Trixie sighed, “Right... what I was hiding from her is... I didn’t want to be the one to tell her that her parents and sister are dead, I didn’t want to be the one to break her heart...” Trixie sniffled a little, “I wanted to make her really happy before taking her, i also lost a friend... actually, two friends in the shooting...” Trixie tried not to cry.

Sunrise gasped and kneeled next to Trixie and petted her on her head, “I... Thank you for taking care of me... I can’t believe they are gone,” She sobbed slightly, “M-mama... p-papa...”

Trixie sighed, “I’m sorry...”

Sunrise out on a smile, “It’s okay... you were o-only doing what you th-thought was right” she said as tears went running down her eyes.

Trixie‘s heart ached as she watched Sunrise try and be happy at the moment, but soon she went into uncontrollable sobbing. Mystery got off Trixie allowing her to cuddle Sunrise, she sobbed into her chest soaking it. The two cops were ashamed of themselves.

”Wh-who’s gonna be my m-mama and p-papa now?” She sobbed.

The mare looked at her, “We’ll figure it out at the police station...”

⭐️☀️⭐️

A few hours went by and Trixie sat at a desk with Sunrise, on the other side of the desk was a mare, she ran an orphanage and was the mother to Mystery, he sat beside her. Trixie held an ice pack on her black eye, she chuckled about earlier when Mystery was given a lecture by his mother when she saw Trixie‘s black eye.

“So... we can either take Sunrise to an orphanage or to the Dragon Lands if she has any other family, unless you’re willing to take her in,” The Mare explained

Sunrise smiled, “I actually don’t have any other family... they disowned us...”

”Alright, is there an orphanage in the Dragon Lands?” The mare asked again.

Sunrise shook her head, “Nope... why can’t I just stay with Trixie?”

”Because I’m on a very great and powerful journey... I can’t let you get hurt...” Trixie replied.

Sunrise looked at her, “I’ll be useful! I’ll rise up and be strong!”

Trixie sighed, it took her a while to think, “I guess you can come... but it’s safer here... I... I don’t want you getting hurt”

Sunrise sighed, “But who will take care of me?”

“You can stay at the orphanage... and when Trixie is done whatever she needs to do, you can reunite,” The orphanage mare suggested.

”Yeah, I’ll come back for you... and that’s a great and powerful promise!” Trixie boasted, “Well it’s your choice but... it’s safer here”

Sunrise sighed, she wanted to go with her, “Fine...”

She watched sadly as Trixie left the building.

”Are you sure you don’t want to go with her?”

⭐️☀️⭐️

Trixie sadly crossed the bridge, leaving Manehattan behind, she used her hair to cover up her bruised eye. She felt some heartache, she never knew that Manehattan was going to be so life-changing, she couldn’t believe what she had witnessed. It also felt pretty lonely as she walked, she decided to go through Starlight’s old village to say hello since it’s on the way, but it’d take a few hours to reach it.

”Trixie!” A familiar voice called.

Sunrise flew and landed on Trixie‘s back, “I'm coming with you! You helped me, so I wanna help in return! It’s the least I can do... besides, you’re my family now, like a big sister”

Trixie smiled slightly, “Alright... you can tag along...”

The two trotted into the distance as the sun set.

That night, they both had separate hammocks to sleep in. Trixie relaxed in hers and thought about some positive things, but she soon heard some sniffling, she lifted her head and looked at Sunrise with concern, she was sitting in hers hugging her teddy close.

”Sunrise?” Trixie questioned with concern.

”I’m sorry I woke you up,” Sniffled Sunrise as she wiped her eyes with her claw.

Trixie sighed, “Well... I really couldn’t sleep because-“ Trixie realised she was about to say something selfish, so she stopped herself, ”I mean, you’re crying and uh,” Trixie tried to think of what to say, she sighed, “Are you okay?”

”No...” Sighed Sunrise, “I miss my family... and they’re not here anymore!”

Trixie sombrely listened, “I know...”

”Who’s going to protect me from the scary stuff? It’s so dark in here, what if there’s a monster hiding in here?”

Trixie looked at her, “I don’t think a monster would be able to fit in my wagon...” Trixie responded thinking of ones such as a manticore, but they live in the Everfree then she remembered there were smaller ones.

”What about the small ones that kidnap children at night and eat them?”

”There’s no such-“ Trixie started as she was about to tell her there were no such things but decided to have a little fun, “You mean those old pesky things?” She chuckled, “I have this smell in my wagon that drives all foul monsters away!”

”I was told it was light that scared them off,” Sunrise corrected, “Do you have any night lights?”

”Hmm...” Trixie thought as she made her horn glow lighting the wagon in a soft pink glow, “I might have one... here somewhere that I use when I have to camp in a strange place... or if I need to see at night,” She said as she went through some boxes, “Through, I may have given it away or got rid of it when I learnt to make my horn light up like I’m doing now...”

Trixie put her head in a box and started tossing aside some magic props and stuff, it took a while before she found it.

”Ah, ha! Found it! Was there ever any doubt?” She grinned and turned it on, it was in the shape of an orb and made a star pattern in the wagon and made it a bit lighter, “There!” She said proudly as she placed it on a bedside table.

”Woah! It’s like stargazing! We could count the stars together!” Sunrise exclaimed.

Trixie smiled as she got back into her wagon, “Well, I guess... it gets boring after a while, unlike the stars outside...” She laid her head down on the pillow and laid on her side facing the window.

She laid there looking at the stars out the window and relaxed with a smile on her face, soon she felt something crawling into her hammock. Trixie looked back and saw Sunrise climbing into the hammock with her and cuddled her as they both watched the stars. Trixie smiled as Sunrise went to sleep with her head on Trixie’s side and snoring, Trixie also drifted off to sleep.