• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,154 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,154

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44: Welcome to the Show (Edited)

Later that day, the Rainbooms and Ultra Siblings were at the amphitheatre and on stage setting up their gear. As the girls checked their instruments, Rainbow walked up to the microphone and spoke into it.

“Check, one, two. Testing, testing...” she called out. Hearing nothing, Rainbow tapped the microphone head and confirmed there was no power. Sunset noticed this and turned to the soundboard and adjusted the fader controls, “Testing…!” she shouted, her voice echoed off the speakers and hurt their ears, Sunset then quickly turned the volume down and gave a sheepish grin.

“This doesn't make any sense. We were awful,” She mentioned to the others, “Doesn't anybody else think it's strange that we're the ones that made it to the finals?”

"Very strange,” said an annoyed voice, the seven turned to see Trixie, very crossly staring at them, with her two bandmates behind her.

"What are you doing here, Trixie?" Rainbow asked smugly, pointing to the seats, "Pretty sure the losers are supposed to be up there in the cheap seats."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at Canterlot High,” she yelled at them, “It is I who deserve to be in the finals, and I will not be denied!"

Before anyone could react, Trixie snapped her fingers and the stage trap door opened. The seven of them fell through and landed hard on the floor below. They looked back up to see Trixie cackling like a mad woman.

“See you never!” Trixie guffawed as she brushed her hands and walked away.

The Dazzlings were walking from behind the curtain backstage. “Told you someone would give them a shove,” chuckled Adagio.

“But she didn’t shove them,” said Sonata, “she pulled a lever.”

“Go back to sleep Sonata,” groaned Aria.

Little did Trixie know, Spike had seen what she had done. Spike was playing with a dog toy, when he saw Trixie pull the lever. He ran back behind the amphitheatre and barked at the Ultra Siblings, who were kicking Rainbow’s football around.

“Guys! Guys! We have a problem!” he yelled.

“What’s wrong?” Sam asked.

“Trixie pulled a dirty trick and trapped the girls under the stage!” Spike barked.

“What?!” the kids cried.

“Oh I’m going to give her a piece of my mind,” Nick growled as she cracked his knuckles.

“Hold your horses there tough guy,” Chris called out as he grabbed a hold of him.

“First we get the girls out, then you can give Trixie a beat down,” Sam said as they then ran around the side of the amphitheatre.

Suddenly they stopped and hid behind the building. Sam, Gwen, and Spike slowly peaked around the corner, as Trixie locked the door that led to under the stage. Smirking, she pocketed the key and walked off. Once she was gone, the group ran over to the door and called out to the girls inside.

“Mum?! Sunset?!” Sam called through the door.

“Sam?!” came a muffled reply from Twilight, “Is that you?”

“Yes! The rest of us are here too!” Sam responded.

“Are you all ok?!” Gwen asked.

“Mostly!” Twilight replied, “Applejack fell flat on her face, and Pinkie’s drum landed on her head. Other than that we’re mostly fine!”

“Can you open the door?!” Rainbow questioned.

“Trixie locked you all in there!” Ace stated, “we can’t do much without the key!”

“Can’t you burst the door down with your Ultraman powers?!” Applejack called, rubbing her face.

“And risk causing all of this to fall on top of you?!” Sam questioned, “I don’t think so.”

“Well you need to go get that key!” Twilight called out. “Trixie is probably going to perform instead of us, while she’s performing, go backstage and steal it back from her.”

“That sounds like a plan!” Devon remarked.

“But what are you going to do?” Gwen asked.

“We just have to see if we can break the door down from this side!” Twilight replied.

“Right! We'll see what we can do,” Sam responded.

“Venom Shot!” cried a voice, Sam the others turned just in time to see energy scales come flying towards them, and stinging them in the arms.

“AH!” they all cried as they fell to the ground one by one.

“S-Spike…” Sam called to his adopted brother, “R-Run! G-Get… Help!” before the two fell unconscious.

Spike panicked and did what he said, and ran away, luckily, he didn’t get hit.

“Hello?! Sam?! Spike?! Anyone?!” Twilight called out, but there was no reply, until a voice called to them, that made them all get nervous, angry, and worried.

“Don’t worry,” came Adagio’s voice, “We’ll take great care of your child and his friends.”

“If you dare hurt one hair on his head!” Twilight shouted.

“Twilight calm down!” Sunset told her, “What do you want from him?!”

“Oh nothing much,” Adagio replied, “We just want to have a little chat. Once he wakes up.” And with that Adagio turned on her heel and she, along with Aria and Sonata, grabbed Sam and his team and dragged them away. Leaving Twilight scared, cross and worried for her kids and friends.


“Rise… Shine…”

“Are… Listening…”

“Hey wake Up!” cried Aria’s voice in annoyance.

“Huh… Wha…?” Sam gasped, his consciousness slowly coming back.

“Oh good, we thought we put a bit too much venom in those darts,” came Adagio’s voice as she walked around in front of them, “Don’t worry the venom isn’t going to kill you, it just makes you feel sick.”

Sam still felt a bit woozy, but he looked around to see that he was tied together with his teammates, with their wrists and ankles secured with rope. He thought he could just break the ropes with his Specium Blades, but something about this method of escape seemed too easy. Did the Dazzlings figure out he was Ultraman? He decided to play along with their plan.

“Where… Am I?” he asked, he couldn’t see very well, due to the fact that the only source of light was a single bulb above them all.

“Oh don’t worry about that,” Adagio told him, “Let’s just say, you’ll in detention.”

“In other words, you’re all in Vice-Principal Luna’s office!” Sonata said cheerfully, getting a growl of frustration from Aria.

“Really? But I didn’t do anything bad,” Sam remarked.

“I can’t tell if that was the effects of the Venom or sarcasm,” Aria commented.

“It doesn’t matter, we just need you all to remain out of the picture for the time being,” Adagio responded.

“Ahh my head. What happened?” Came Ace’s voice from Sam’s right.

“Oh dear, are you ok?” Sonata questioned, coming over to him, “are the ropes too tight around your wrist?”

Ace looked up and his eyes widened, he never got a good enough look at Sonata, and now with her looking at him in the face, he felt like he was in heaven. “Sam, I think I’ve died, because I’m looking in the face of an angel,” he remarked, with hearts in his eyes, his comment made Sonata blush.

“Oh, hehe, no one has ever said that about me before,” Sonata giggled.

“Oh good grief,” Sam and Aria stated.

“Sonata, stop flirting with the kid,” Aria told her off, “that would never work, he’s a kid about 11 and you’re a teenager. That’s considered to be perverted.”

‘Ha if only they knew they were thousands of years old,’ Sam thought.

“Oh, sorry,” Sonata replied, with her head lowered and walking away from Ace.

“Come to think of it,” Adagio thought out loud, “why aren’t you more scared? You’ve literally been kidnapped.”

“Oh this isn’t the first time I've been held captured,” Sam replied.

“It’s true, I was there,” Came Chris’s voice from behind Sam.

“I was so defenceless, I couldn’t do anything,” Sam lied, “I had to wait until my mums rescued me.”

“Well that wasn’t completely true,” Chris softly stated.

“Shh,” Sam hushed him.

“Well, they won’t be able to save you,” Adagio remarked, “soon, they, their friends and everyone else will be under our spell, including you all.”

“Oh no, whatever shall we do!” Sam cried.

“We can’t help our guardians!” Ace howled.

“This is so terrible!” Chris moaned.

“Can you guys keep it down, my head’s ringing,” Nick called out on Chris’s right.

“We best be going now, Adagio,” Aria told her, “Trixie’s going to perform soon so we need to get ready.”

“Oh right, see you later, dearies,” Adagio called as she, Aria and Sonata walked to the door.

“See ya dweebs,” Aria mocked.

“Goodbye you guys, and Ace, I’m sorry!” cried Sonata, before getting pulled by Aria, shutting, and locking the door behind them.

“I think I’m in love,” Ace commented.

“Oh grow up,” Nick remarked, “she’s too old for you.”

“Well, I’m actually…” Ace tried to say but was cut off by Sam.

“Guys focus, we need to get out of here,” Sam told them, “Ultrasuit On!” With that, he donned his Ultrasuit and deployed his Specium Blades cutting right through the ropes that held Ace and Gwen’s wrist to his own. Then cut the ropes on his ankles, freeing himself from them. “Right hold still, I don’t want to accidentally slice off your limbs.”

“Hmm, I wonder where Vice-Principal Luna is?” Chris asked as he was freed from Devon and Nick.

“Probably at the amphitheatre will the whole school,” Ultraman answered.

Meanwhile, Spike was running through the sea of students that were finishing up with classes and making their way out of the school to the amphitheatre. He was pleading like mad but due to them still under the Dazzlings’s spell they didn’t care.

“Help! Twilight and the Girls are trapped under the Stage!” he cried, but no one took any notice. Spike then saw Flash, I hoped he could help, “Flash! I need your help!”

Flash turned around and looked down, but wasn’t happy to see him, “What do you want?” he snapped.

“I need your help freeing Twilight and the girls!” Spike barked.

“Ha, like I’ll help them after she betrayed me,” Flash scoffed.

“She didn’t betray you Flash, you betrayed her, you broke her heart,” Spike snapped back, “why am I bothering. You’re just like the rest of this school, blinded from the truth.”

Spike then ran off, leaving Flash who thought about what he had said. Spike kept running around, before he ran right into Freddy’s legs.

“Please you got to help me!” Spike begged, pawing at Freddy’s legs.

“I would like to little buddy, but I can't. I need to help keep Roxy from hurting someone,” Freddy replied.

“You think you’re better than me!” Roxy yelled from down the hall. Freddy patted Spike on the head and ran off to stop her from attacking someone.

Spike sighed and continued to look around, but by now most of the students had left. Worry was starting to take over, worry for what could happen to Twilight, worry for what had come upon Sam, he didn’t know what he could do. He just sat on the floor and lowered his head.

“Hey, aren’t you Twilight’s pet?” said a voice, Spike looked up to see a familiar looking girl, he recognised those classes anyway, It was Vinyl Scratch, AKA DJ PON3. Hope sparked in Spike’s heart once more.

“Yes, that's me! I need your help!” he told her.

“What’s the matter?” Vinyl asked, kneeling down to his height.

“Wait, you’re not under the Dazzlings’s spell?” Spike questioned.

“I didn’t even know they were magical,” Vinyl replied, “though that would explain my Tavi wasn’t being her normal self.”

“Oh thank Celestia,” Spike breathed a sigh of relief, happy that he found someone that wasn’t under their spell, “come on quick, I’ll explain it on the way.”

So Vinyl followed Spike as he started to explain what had happened. Just as they were passing Vice-Principal Luna’s office, the door burst off its hinges and crashed on the lockers on the other side of the hall. Spike and Vinyl were shocked by this, so shocked that Vinyl’s classes nearly fell off her face.

“You think that was too much?” questioned Ultraman.

“Maybe a little,” Nick responded, holding the still unconscious Gwen in his arms.

“Sam! Guys!” Spike cried.

“Spike!” Ultraman shouted as he retracted his suit, and Spike hopped into his arms.

“I managed to get someone that wasn’t under the Dazzlings’s spell,” Spike said.

“Sup,” Vinyl waved.

“How do you know she is?” Chris asked.

“She doesn’t take her headphones off, so she didn’t hear them cast their spell,” Spike replied.

“I guess that makes sense,” Devon replied, he had just woken up a moment ago.

“Come on, we need to free Twilight and the girls,” Spike said as he jumped out of Sam’s arms, and they ran out of the school to the amphitheatre.


That night, Trixie and the Illusions performed in the finals following the Rainbooms' supposed forfeit. Down below, under the stage, there’s the Rainbooms, tired, bored, and feeling defeated. Rainbow was still trying to open the locked door, but by now even Applejack was getting tired of this.

“Give it up, Rainbow Dash,” Applejack told her, annoyed, “You've been tryin' at this for hours. It's not gonna open.”

“Maybe it doesn't even matter that we're trapped down here,” Twilight remarked defeated, “I don't think the counter-spell would have worked anyway.”

“Of course it would have worked, Twilight,” Applejack tried to reassure her, “Assumin' a certain band member didn't try to hog the spotlight the whole time we were tryin' to play it!” Motioning to Rainbow.

“Hey! If you wanna tell Twilight she's getting a little too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don't have to be all cryptic about it,” Rainbow responded, clearly not getting what Applejack was implying, and making Twilight more upset than she was already.

“She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash!” shouted Rarity, pointing at her.

“Me?!” she exclaimed, “I'm just trying to make sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to!”

“OUR BAND!!” Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Applejack all yelled at Rainbow.

“But why wasn't it working? I should know what to do. How could I not know what to do? How could I have failed like this?” Twilight muttered to herself, she had retreated to the corner trying to think of how to fix all of this. From the side, Sunset was growing concerned and worried, her friends were falling apart.

“It might've been your idea to start a band,” Applejack told Rainbow, “but it's not just your band, Rainbow Dash!”

“I'm the one who writes all the songs!” Rainbow shouted back.

“I write songs! You just never let us play any of them!” Fluttershy spoke up, just as cross at the others.

“I had the most perfect outfits for us to wear!” Rarity moaned.

“Again with the costumes!” Applejack cried, “No one cares what we're wearin'!”

“I care, Applejack!” Rarity snapped back, “So sorry if I enjoy trying to make a creative contribution to the band!”

“Hey! Anybody here remember fun?!” Pinkie chimed in, “I'll give you a hint: It's the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!”

“I wish I never asked any of you to be in my band!” Rainbow yelled.

“I wish I'd never agreed to be in it!!!!” Rarity shouted back louder.

“Me neither!” Agreed Fluttershy and Applejack.

And with that, the wall crumbled. A five-way argument broke out between the girls, causing the green mist to resonate off them. Sunset started to worry as she saw her friends at each other’s throats, she looked up to see the mist flowing up through the boards above them.

On top of the Stage, Trixie was just finishing up her performance, wrapping it up with pyrotechnics. The crowd cheered, they seemingly enjoyed her performance, as Trixie and her bandmates went backstage.

“Try to top that!” Trixie remarked as she pasted the Dazzlings, waiting for their turn.

“Oh, gosh! I don't know if we can!” Adagio sarcastically remarked as the three girls burst into laughter.

The mist rising through the floorboards gave the illusion of a fog machine, the Dazzlings grinned to each other. As the crowd chatted to each other, The Dazzlings performance started. They strolled on stage, appearing from the mist, with their gems glowing brighter than ever. They started to sing in harmony, as they flouted up a bit and the gems absorbed the hatred the Rainbooms had for each other.

Below the stage, Sunset stared up in horror, she had to stop them from arguing.

“Stop! You have to stop!” Sunset shouted, jumping in front of them all to get their attention, “This is what they've been after all along! They're feeding off of the magic inside you!”

“How can they be using our magic?” Applejack asked, “It's the magic of friendship.”

“Ever since you started this band, you've been letting little things get to you,” Sunset explained, before opening how she had been feeling, “I never said anything 'cause I didn't feel like it was my place. Not when I was so new to this whole "friendship" thing. I still have a lot to learn. But I do know that if you don't work out even the smallest problems right at the start, the magic of friendship can be turned into something else.”

“I can't believe all this tension was happening right under my nose and I didn't realise it,” Twilight joined in, as she stood up and stood next to Sunset, “I'm supposed to be the one with all the answers. And all I've done since I got here is let you down.”

“I don't think anyone is supposed to have all the answers,” Sunset assured her before motioning to the others, “But you can count on your friends to help you find them.”

I think you already have,” Twilight smiled, confidently, “C'mon! We need to get out of here!”

All the girls then charged at the door and tried to push it open, but they failed, and all fell back on the ground apart from Fluttershy. Suddenly, a muffled voice came from the other side, and a familiar looking sword sliced the lock off the door, before it swung open inwards, revealing Sam, Spike, and the others.

“Spike! Sam! Gwen!” Twilight shouted as the three ran into her arms and gave her a hug.

“Sorry it took us so long,” Sam told them, “Adagio and the other two kidnapped us.”

“And I had to find somebody who wasn't under the sirens' spell to help me get you out,” Spike replied.

“Even though I sliced through the lock with my Sword,” Nick remarked as he retracted his Seven Suit, and Vinyl poked her head around the door.

“Why isn't she under their spell?” Twilight questioned.

“Never take off her headphones,” Spike replied, Vinyl gave them all a thumbs up.

“Come on, y'all!” Applejack cried, “Time to prove we've still got the magic of friendship inside us!”

“And there's only one way to do it!” Twilight commented.

“We're getting the band back together?” Pinkie asked.

“We're getting our band back together!” Rainbow answered.

“Whee!” Pinkie squealed.

“Ooh, which version of the counterspell are we going to play?” Rarity asked Twilight.

“I don't think it matters what song we play, as long as we play it together as friends,” Twilight answered.

“I know just the song,” Rainbow announced, getting some worried looks for the others before she walked over to Fluttershy, “Fluttershy's written a really great one.” Her remark caused the shy girl to squeal with excitement.

“We're about to save the world here. Personally, I think we should do it in style. Rarity?” Applejack questioned as she turned to look at her.

“I thought you'd never ask!” Rarity stated, “sadly, I don’t have anything for you guys.”

“It doesn’t matter, we’ll probably just be in our Ultrasuit ready in case,” Sam replied.


Back on stage the Dazzlings were charming the crowd with their singing.

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Welcome to the show

Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah

We're here to let you know

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Our time is now

Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah

Your time is running out

Ah, ah, ah

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...

As the three girls sang, the Rainbooms, dressed in outfits made by Rarity, stood atop a hill behind the amphitheatre. Confident at first but then realising something.

“How are we supposed to play over them from up here?” Rainbow questioned, her question was answered by a toot, as Vinyl rolled up with further assistance: a car that converts into a DJ station. The Rainbooms were amazed by this.

“I swear if that had a robot mode, it’ll look like Soundwave or Blaster,” Sam remarked to Nick, who nodded in response.

Feel the wave of sound
As it crashes down
You can't turn away
We'll make you wanna sta-a-a-ay

We will be adored
Tell us that you want us
We won't be ignored
It's time for our reward

Now you need us
Come and heed us
Nothing can stop us now

As the Dazzlings continued and locked the crowd under their spell, something started to happen to them. It was either from taking in the Rainbooms magic, or from their own dark magic, but however it was, the Dazzlings grew, wings tails and ears, but not normal pony wings, but translucent, aquatic, fin-like wings akin to their true Siren forms. Just as they revealed their new forms, they heard singing coming from the hill behind the amphitheatre. Aria pointed and they saw the Rainbooms singing.

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

I've got the music in me

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Don't need to hear a crowd
Cheering out my name
I didn't come here seeking
Infamy or fame

The one and only thing
That I am here to bring
Is music, is the music
Is the music in my soul

Gonna break out (Out!)
Set myself free, yeah
Let it all go (Go!)
Just let it be, yeah

Find the music in your heart
Let the music make you start
To set yourself apart

Twilight’s singing, and the Rainbooms playing, managed to get the attention of the crowd, they turned and started to cheer for them. As the girls sung, they too transformed into the half pony forms, with their ears, wings, and tails, with the added extra of multi-coloured streaks in their heads. Even Sam, and co, transformed into their Ultra forms and flew above them for support. This made Adagio, cross, and annoyed that she didn’t realise sooner than Sam was indeed Ultraman. But she soon chuckled, causing Aria and Sonata to do the same.

“So the Rainbooms want to turn this into a real Battle of the Bands? Then let's battle!” Adagio stated as the three girls pulled out three fusion risers each.

What we have in store (ah-ah)
All we want and more (ah-ah)
We will break on through (ah-ah)
Now it's time to finish you!

Adagio, Aria and Sonata managed to get the crowd to focus back on them as they pulled out two Monster capsules each, placed them into their Loading Knuckles, slid their Fusion risers across them, and they transformed into three fusion monsters.

“Fusion Rise: Gomora! Red King! Ultraman Belial: Skull Gomora!”

“Fusion Rise: Ace Killer! Eleking! Ultraman Belial: Thunder Killer!”

“Fusion Rise: Zetton! King Joe! Ultraman Belial: Pedanium Zetton!”

Three dark tornados surrounded the girls and rose high in the sky, as they were replaced with giant fusion monsters. Adagio was in control of Pedanium Zetton, Aria in Thunder Killer and Sonata in Skull Gomora.



Ultraman and his team grew to match their sizes, and got ready to fight.

“Seven and Zero, you take on Aria, Mary and Tiga you take Sonata, me and Jack will take Adagio,” Ultraman ordered.

“Right,” they all replied, as they charged to fight the monsters.

“Let’s help with what we can do,” Twilight told the girls, they all nodded and watched the fights take place.

Tiga and Mary jumped and landed in front of Skull Gomora, Tiga tried to grapple with its head, but that didn’t phase it as it lifted its head and swung it into Tiga sending him back into Mary and causing the two to crash on the ground. They struggle to their feet as Tiga and Mary charged at the monster and grabbed it by the waist and tried to push it back. Skull Gomora was too strong and pushed them back, before trying to punch them, Tiga dodged it, but Mary wasn’t quick enough and got hit in the face and fell into a nearby lake.

Skull Gomora stomped over to her, Mary got up and grabbed its face to hold it back as Tiga ran behind and pulled on Skull Gomora’s tail. Mary managed to push Skull Gomora back, and stood up to kick it in the side before pushing its arms away and jump kicked Skull Gomora in the chest. As Mary fell back into the water, Skull Gomora lifted its foot to stomp down on Mary, but Tiga tugged on the monster’s tail causing the Skull Gomora to stumble and Mary to roll out of the way. Mary kicks Skull Gomora in the chest, before Skull Gomora swung its tail with Tiga still holding on and struck Mary down.

Seven and Zero landed near Thunder Killer and struck fighting poses, before both running straight towards Thunder Killer, and clashing with it in the shoulders, but even with both of their strengths, they were just evenly matched compared to Thunder Killer. The Fusion monster tried to claw them with its smaller talons, Zero stopped it and smacked it away as Seven pulled out his sword and slashed at Thunder Killer’s armour. Zero jumped and tried to hit Thunder Killer on the head, but the armour was really strong and hurt his hands when trying. Thunder Killer seemed to laugh as it struck him in the chest with its larger claws and sending electrical shocks through the claws on contact. Then Thunder Killer grabbed Seven by the head, tossed him around for a bit before slashing and shocking him with the larger talon and with Seven stunted, Thunder Killer backhanded Seven in the face. Seven stood back needing to step out for a little to get his bearings.

Zero took over for the time being, he sent his Zero Sluggers flying towards Thunder Killer, but the sluggers merely bounced off the monster’s armour. Zero caught them and they turned into giant blades, he ran forward and started to slash them across Thunder Killer’s exposed body. When Thunder Killer appeared to not get any damage from that, Zero placed them back on his head, and charged up and fired an Emerium Slash, striking Thunder Killer in the chest, but instead of hurting it, Thunder Killer absorbed it and fired it back twice as strong causing Zero to go flying into Seven and fall to the ground.

Ultraman and Jack stood firm in front of Pedanium Zetton seemed to chuckle as it charged up and a beam and fired it, Ultraman and Jack dodged out of the way, Jack started to fire his railgun at Pedanium Zetton as he ran around the monster. Ultraman threw Specium Slashes at Pedanium Zetton but both attacks seemed to not hurt it. Ultraman summoned a rather large Specium Slash and tossed it at Pedanium Zetton, but the monster caught it and threw it towards Jack, striking Jack and knocking him down.

Ultraman, cross at what Pedanium Zetton did to his friend, deployed his Specium Blades and tried to fight up close. Ultraman landed punch after punch, slashing Pedanium Zetton in the chest with his blades, but the monster didn’t flinch, as Ultraman went for another punch, Pedanium Zetton grabbed his fist with its claws. Ultraman tried again with his other fist, and again Pedanium Zetton caught it. Adagio then laughed out loud as she controlled the monster to start spinning around with Ultraman in its grasp and threw him into Jack who was standing back up.

Everyone was struggling, Skull Gomora was stomping on Tiga and Marie, Thunder Killer was sending electrical shocked through its tail which was coiled around Zero, and through its large talon, which was holding Seven, and Pedanium Zetton was firing Plasma Fireballs at Ultraman and Jack. All their colour timers started to blink showing they were nearly out of strength. Adagio was just about to command Pedanium Zetton to fire another plasma fireball, when She heard music playing behind her. She turned and saw the Rainbooms performing, and sending musical attacks at them.

Pinkie banged on her drums, sending shockwaves that pushed the fusion monsters off the Ultras, who flew back behind the hill the girls were standing on to catch their breaths. Rarity sent out a diamond storm, striking Thunder Killer in the exposed parts of its body. Fluttershy sent a stream of Butterflies to confuse and disorientate Skull Gomora. And Twilight vocalised and sent a pulse of stars to attack Pedanium Zetton, however Adagio wasn’t having any of it, she used her own powered up voice to push back against Twilight’s attack, her voice was strong enough to push Twilight back.

Twilight gritted her teeth as she glared up at the Siren controlled monsters. Thunder Killer and Skull Gomora stood next to Pedanium Zetton and Aria and Sonata joined Adagio in vocalising against the Rainbooms. If Adagio was strong enough to push Twilight back, all three Sirens were strong enough to force all the girls to the ground and even the Ultras back. As Twilight fell, the microphone in her hand went flying and landed by Sunset’s boot. Sunset reached down and picked it up, she didn’t know what to do, as the Sirens grinned evilly inside the fusion monsters.

“Sunset Shimmer, we need you!” Twilight called to her friend.

Sunset wasn’t sure, she was afraid, but she knew she had to help. She swallowed her fear, walked in front of the girls and with a determined look on her face, took off her jacket as the wind blew against her. Vinyl turned up the volume and gave Sunset a beat to help her.

You're never gonna bring me down
You're never gonna break this part of me
My friends are here to bring me 'round
Not singing just for popularity

We're here to let you know
That we won't let it go

Our music is a bomb and it's about to blow

And you can try to fight
But we have got the light of

Friendship on our side!

Got the music in our hearts
We're here to blow this thing apart
And together, we will never
Be afraid of the dark

Here to sing our song out loud
Get you dancing with the crowd
As the music of our friendship
Survives, survives!

Got the music in our hearts
We're here to blow this thing apart
And together, we will never
Be afraid of the dark

Here to sing our song out loud
Get you dancing with the crowd
As the music of our friendship
Survives, survives, survives!

The girls harmonised together and sent out a rainbow shockwave that separated the Sirens from their monsters, and freed the crowd from the Siren’s spell. The Siren were now worried, they were losing their power, the shockwave also seemed to reenergize the Ultras giving them Rainbow Specium Energy.

The magic of friendship that was building up inside Sunset, granting her a half-pony form of her own. All the students then join in with the Rainbooms, and as the Dazzlings look on in shock and horror, the magic coalescing in the sky takes the form of a giant Alicorn. The Ultras surrounded the horn, and fired their signature beams in a Rainbow helix at the tip of the horn, the giant Alicorn then fired a Rainbow Specium Powered beam down upon them, which completely destroyed their fusion monsters and their gem pendants. The Sirens had lost.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata clutched their heads and chest, their voices and headaches and were shocked to see their gems shattered. With their power sources destroyed, they tried one last attempt to get the crowd under their control. But when they started to sing, their voices were really broken and off key with each other. The enraged students boo, jeer, and pelt them with fruits and vegetables, forcing them to flee in shame and disgrace.

Once the Sirens were gone, Sunset, Twilight, the Rainbooms, Spike and the Ultra Siblings stood on the stage and bowed to the crowd. Sunset reached down and picked up a piece of their broken gems.

“Guess that explains why these were so special to them,” Sunset smirked.

“Without those pendants and the magic you brought here from Equestria, they're just three harmless teenage girls,” Twilight told them.

“Rainbooms rule!” Cried Flash’s voice as he came running on the stage and wrapping his arms around Twilight, “That was amazing!”

Twilight blushed causing the other girls to giggle, Twilight and Flash stared into each other’s eyes, and smiled nervously. Sam just stared at Flash, he still didn’t like him that much. Just then Trixie suddenly appeared in between Twilight and Flash.

“You may have vanquished the Dazzlings, but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie!” She shouted, as she threw a smoke bomb down, causing all of them to cough. Once the smoke cleared, Trixie had vanished.

“She's gone!” Pinkie cried.

“No, wait. There she is,” Gwen pointed out, as Trixie tried to sneak away but fell off the cheap seats and hit the ground with a thud.

“Trixie's okay!” she called out.

“You know, Twilight is going back to Equestria soon,” Rainbow said to Sunset, “The Rainbooms could really use someone to help Fluttershy on backup vocals.”

Sunset looked at a guitar leaning against a speaker, she picked it up and absolutely shredded some riffs on it. “I also play guitar,” she said innocently. Getting surprised and shocked looks from the others, as they all looked at Rainbow, who was equally just as shocked.

“We'll see,” Rainbow smiled, as the girls and kids all hugged Sunset.


That morning, it was time for Twilight, Spike, and the Ultra Siblings to head home.

“You two look after my human counterpart,” Sunset said to Sam and Gwen.

“More like she looks after us,” Gwen joked.

“Yeah, We’ll tell her you said hello,” Sam replied.

“Good luck out there bud,” Rainbow fist bumped Nick.

“Thanks mother from another world,” Nick responded.

“Take care sweetie,” Fluttershy told Ace.

“I will,” Ace answered.

“I hope I get to see you again soon,” Rarity stated to Devon.

“I hope so too,” Devon retorted.

“Goodbye Friend! I’ll miss you!” Pinkie cried as she hugged Chris tightly.

“Yeah, me too,” Chris breathed, “but can you loosen your grip, I can’t breathe.

“Sure wish you could stay longer,” Applejack said to Twilight, feeling a little sad that she was leaving.

“Me too. But I have responsibilities in Equestria that I have to get back to. Its citizens need me. But now I can go through the portal whenever I need to. This isn't goodbye. It's just goodbye 'till next time,” Twilight told her, as she turned to face the portal, “You guys already?”

“Ready!” Spike replied.

“Ready!” the Ultra Siblings answered. Twilight was just about to step into the portal.

“Wait!” Suddenly a voice cried out. Twilight stopped, and they all turned around to see who called out to them. They were all shocked when they saw the Dazzlings run up to them. They were back in casual clothes, but they didn’t look so great, they looked like they hadn’t eaten in a long time.

“What do you want?” Rainbow asked, readying her fists.

“Please, take us with you,” Adagio pleaded.

“Huh?” The girls were all confused.

“Why?” Sam questioned.

“Let us explain,” Adagio told them, “you see, we weren’t always Sirens.”

“What?!” the girls shouted in surprise.

“You see, we were just normal ponies once,” Aria continued, “I was a Pegasus, Dagi was a Unicorn and Sonata was an earth pony.

“We were given our gems by a shady, mysterious, but creepy figure,” Sonata resumed, “which then turned us into sirens.”

“Ever since then we were corrupted more and more by the gems to spread hatred and lies around the ponies to feed us, until we were banished from Equestria by Star Swirl,” Adagio finished, “so please, let us come home, we are not the sirens you fought.”

Twilight thought about it, these girls looked the same as the girls they fought just last night, but they didn’t seem to act like the sirens. But another worry Twilight had was that Star Swirl banished them over a thousand years ago, and Equestria had changed a lot since then. But Twilight wasn’t heartless, she wanted to help them. Twilight walked over and held a hand out to Adagio.

“Come on,” she said with a warm smile, “let’s go home.”

Adagio, Aria and Sonata were shocked, but they smiled and took Twilight’s hand. She led them to the portal, and with one last goodbye from the others, entered the portal with the reformed Dazzlings following her. One by one, Spike and the Ultra Siblings walked through the portal with Sam giving Sunset one last hug before disappearing into the portal.


Later, the girls all met up at the amphitheatre again, ready to play a song. The girls were tuning up their instruments, Vinyl was there as well, and Sunset was busy right Twilight a letter. Here is what she said:

Dear Princess Twilight,

Missing you already, and I hope you'll be back soon. Things are definitely looking up for me here at Canterlot High. But I know I still have a lot to learn about friendship. Hope you don't mind if I write to you for advice when I need it. I hope you can help the Dazzlings fit back into their old home, and handle those children of yours Sam and Gwen.

Your friend, Sunset Shimmer.

“You ready or what?” called Rainbow.

“Ready!” Sunset replied as she came over to them with her guitar.

“One! Two! Three! Four!” Pinkie cried, as she tapped her drumsticks together and they started to sing the last song of this saga.

Once upon a time
You came into my world and made the stars align

Now I can see the signs
You pick me up when I get down so I can shine

Shine like rainbows
Shine like rainbows

Friends, you are in my life
And you can count on me to be there by your side

And when the music comes alive
We sing our songs to lift us up so we can shine

And the sound that we hear in our hearts
Makes a crescendo
And the light that ignites in the dark
It makes us all glow

And shine like rainbows
We shine like rainbows

Together we stand
As the rain begins to fall
And holdin' our heads up high
As the sun shines through it all

And the sound that we hear in our hearts
Makes a crescendo
And the light that ignites in the dark
It makes us all glow

And shine like rainbows
We shine like rainbows
Shine like rainbows
We shine like rainbows

We shine like rainbows


Meanwhile, in a garage behind a large dark purple house, a lavender hand tears some paper with readings written on it and pinned it to a board documenting strange events that all connect to Canterlot High. The girl that hand belonged to turned out to be the human world’s version of Twilight Sparkle.

“No doubt about it, Spike,” she confides to her pet dog, which was the human world’s version of Spike, just a normal dog, “There's definitely something strange going on at that school.” Puppy Spike barks at his owner as Twilight walks off to a corner of the room, where a large test tube covered by a cloth stood, housing something inside it. “Thanks to the DNA samples from that night plus my own DNA samples, Project Geed is fully underway, and will be done in the next few months. And once it’s done, I can study it and learn what’s going on at that school.”

Spike then pawed at Twilight’s leg, with his lead in his mouth.

“Oh do you want to go for a walk?” she asked, Spike wagged his tail and barked at Twilight in response. Twilight took off her lab coat and goggles, then clipped the lead on Spike’s collar, walked out the garage and shut the door behind her. But Twilight didn’t realise that she shut the door hard enough that the cloth over the testing tube fell off, revealing a boy that looked a lot like… Sam?

Author's Note:

Hey guys,

after just under a month, the final chapter of the Rainbow Rocks saga is done and act 3 of SHB 1 can begin. I hope you guys enjoy this.

phew, let me tell ya, it's been a very busy few weeks, I had to finish up with something, and then my birthday came around, and then it's been pretty much 30 degrees out here. Jesus, it's going into Autumn and I live in the UK, why is it so hot now all of a sudden.

well anyway, as I said last time, after this chapter, I'm gonna take a break from SHB, and try to add more chapters to my other stories like Cyber Agents and Ultraman Scorn. I hope you'll stick around for those.

until then, I'll see you all soon

PreviousChapters Next