• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,156 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Welcome Back Princess (Edited)

Meanwhile in Ponyville, ponies were going about their day, things had returned to normal after Tirek’s defeat, Twilight’s new castle stood tall and proud on the edge of Ponyville. In the Castle of Friendship, Twilight and her friends were lounging around in the throne room. Twilight was going over some notes, Spike was reading a comic, and Rarity was polishing her throne, Fluttershy and Applejack were moving a large crate, and Pinkie was blowing up balloons. Just then a stallion walked in with a cart stacked high with books.

“Excuse me, Princess,” he called out, “Where do you want all these books from Princess Celestia?”

“The library,” Twilight told him, “Third door on the left.”

“Even this one that's glowin' and vibratin'?” the Delivery Pony asked.

Twilight looked up from her notes and saw at the top of the stack was a book indeed glowing and vibrating. She used her magic to levitate it down to her. She flicked through the pages and was surprised at what she was seeing.

"What is it, Twilight?” Sunset asked, coming in from the other room followed by Sam and his team.

“It looks like a message to Princess Celestia from my friends at Canterlot High,” Twilight replied.

“How is that even possible?” Rarity asked.

“I have no idea,” Twilight answered, “but it... sounds like they need my help.”

After the Delivery Pony dropped off the books, the group went into the library, Twilight then looked around and pulled out a book from one of the shelves. “The way Sunset Shimmer described them, I think these new girls sound an awful lot like... the sirens,” Twilight told them, placing the book in front of the girls.

“Not the sirens!” cried Pinkie before she whispered loudly to Fluttershy, “I don't actually know what that is!”

“The sirens were three beautiful but dangerous creatures who had the power to charm ponies with their music. But to maintain this power, they had to feed on the negativity and distrust of others,” Twilight explained, “The more of this negative energy they consumed, the stronger their voices became, and the farther they could spread their dark magic.”

“I don't think I like this story very much,” Fluttershy remarked.

“If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria,” Twilight continued, “But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumour has it he found a way to banish them to another world – one where he believed their magic power would be lost. That world must have been the one where my Canterlot High friends live.”

“But Star Swirl must have sent them there ages ago,” Applejack commented, “How come they're just surfacin' now?”

“I don't know,” Twilight answered, “But if my hunch is right and it is the sirens who have come to Canterlot High, this spell they've cast is just the beginning. My friends need me. I have to get back to them.”

“I hate to burst your bubble, Twilight,” Rainbow spoke up flying in front of her, “but the connection between their world and Equestria will still be totally cut off for a super long time.”

“Okay, first of all, if there was bubble-blowing going on, why wasn't I told about it?!” Pinkie shouted, as she zipped next to Twilight, “And secondly, if the connection is totally cut off, how was that Sunset Shimmer able to get a message to Twilight?”

“Pinkie, you're a genius!” Twilight gasped as she ran off.

“Yeah, I get that a lot,” Pinkie remarked before grabbing Rainbow, “Now about those bubbles...”

Twilight trotted back levitating a bunch of stuff over to the portal that was now sitting in her library. She was modifying the portal, once she was done she started to explain her handiwork.

“...And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions,” she finished and turned to see what her friends thought. But everyone had absolutely no idea what she just said.

“Say what now?” Sam asked, scratching his head.

“Duh! She's gonna take the magic in here and put it in there. That'll make the portal open up so that whenever she wants to, she can go from here to there,” explained Pinkie as she started to pointing at the book and then the portal, “There to here. Here to there. Here there! Here there! Here…"

“We get the idea!” Applejack told her.

“Now to see if it actually works,” Twilight said as she levitated her book over to the top of the crystal mirror, where she placed it, and was successful in reopening the portal. The girls and Sam’s team were very impressed.

“Don't suppose we could join you this time around?” Applejack asked hopefully.

“Better not,” Twilight replied, “It could make things pretty confusing if Canterlot High all of a sudden had two of all of you.” The girls all agreed on that, “that includes you two Sunset. I know that’s your old home, but it would be confusing for both Sunset’s to be in the same place. Plus, if you make contact with that Sunset the universes could get implode or worse.”

“Understandable,” Sunset replied, “I’ll look after the castle for you.”

“But I still get to go, right?” Spike called out, “There isn't another one of me at Canterlot High. And you never know if you might need your trusty assistant.”

“I’m coming too,” Sam spoke up, “if negative energy is involved, then Minus Energy Monsters could appear. So I need to come in case that happens.”

“Very well,” Twilight rolled her eyes and smiled at her son.

“YES!” Sam cheered as he fist pumped the air.

“Can we come too please?” Asked Gwen, as she looked her mother in the eyes.

“Only if you listen to me and stay close to me or my friends,” Twilight told them, the Ultra Siblings all agreed to her and then high fived each other. Twilight then turned to her friends, “We won't be gone long.” They all hugged her and wished her luck and to be careful. Twilight turned back to the portal, “Ready Spike?”

“Ready,” Spike confirmed after doing a few stretches.

“Ready you lot?” Twilight turned to face Sam and his team.

“Ready,” Sam replied followed by replies from his team. Twilight, Spike, Sam, and his team got ready, and ran into the portal, disappearing into the crystal mirror.

Back at the school, the girls were still waiting for Twilight. Rarity was done with her nails and was now doing Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie sat on top of the statue playing cards, where Pinkie won with a full house of jokers. Sunset was looking through her journal and Rainbow was playing with her ball, but she was starting to lose hope that Twilight would be coming.

“I'm starting to think she's not coming,” Rainbow sighed, suddenly the portal started to glow, and Twilight, Spike, Sam, and his team shot out from the portal and landed on the floor with a thud. Twilight and Spike managed to land relatively ok, but the Ultra Siblings had all landed on top of each other.

“Twilight!” the all cried, as Twilight rubbed her head.

“Oof. I'm back,” she remarked, Sunset ran over to her and offered to help her up. Twilight hesitated at first, but she took her hand and Sunset helped her up off the ground. The other girls ran up and gave Twilight a group hug.

“If you guys are done hugging, can you help us?!” came Sam’s muffled voice from underneath his friends.

“Oh right Sorry honey,” Twilight responded as she and Rarity helped Sam and co get up.

“Woah, look at you guys,” Sam remarked, looking at his friends. Their clothes were more or less the same, but their skin and hair weren’t. Gwen had bright pink skin and pure blonde hair. Ace looked like his normal self, with ice blue skin and pure white hair. Nick had dark grey skin, and bright orange hair. Devon had green skin and yellow hair. And Chris has purple skin and blue hair with red streaks.

“Oh my, I look so cute in this colour,” Gwen commented.

“You looked cute before you turned pink,” Nick stated, getting a look from Sam.

“What was that?” Gwen asked.

“Oh Urm… nothing,” Nick replied, going red in the face. Sam was about to say something before he was wrapped in a gentle hug by the girls.

“We missed you Sam,” Pinkie remarked.

“So are you going to introduce us to your friends?” Applejack asked.

“Oh right,” Sam said, “girls, this is my team, Gwen, Nick, Ace, Devon, and Chris. Also known as, Marie, Seven, Tiga, Zero and Jack.”

“Nice to meet you,” Gwen responded.

“Sup,” Nick greeted.

“Hello,” Ace waved.

“Yo,” Devon said, giving them the peace sign.

“Greetings,” Chris bowed.

“Oh such a well-mannered lad,” Rarity commented.

“That scar looks so cool on you,” Rainbow stated.

“She’s so cute,” Fluttershy smiled, placing her hands on her heart.

“Looking cool there,” Applejack remarked.

“New friends!” Pinkie shouted as she ran up and gave them all a hug.

“It’s good to have you back Twilight,” Sunset told Twilight.

“It feels good to be back,” Twilight replied, “but I've got some bad news about those new girls.”


Later the group all went to Mr. and Mrs. Cake's Sweet Shoppe to catch up.

“Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis,” Rarity commented, “There's so much catching up to do!”

“For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player was just askin' about you,” Applejack told Twilight, sitting in her chair backwards.

“Flash Sentry was asking about me?!” Twilight exclaimed excitedly, as she blushed and twirled her hair, before noticing Rarity and Pinkie staring at her with cheeky smiles Twilight clears her throat, “Isn't that nice?” then takes a slip of her milkshake.

“Perhaps you would give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?” Rarity inquired as she took a slip of her tea.

“She's got an official title now,” Sam spoke up as he imitated a fanfare, “The Princess of Friendship!” Each of Sam’s friends were sitting with each of Twilight’s friends. Gwen, with Sunset, Chris with Rarity, Devon with Rainbow, Nick with Applejack and Ace with Pinkie.

“Wow, that's really impressive,” Sunset remarked, “Guess you really were Princess Celestia's prized pupil.”

“She's even got her own castle!” Spike said in a casual way as he sat on Fluttershy’s lap.

“A castle?! You have your own castle?!?” Rarity shrieked, shaking Twilight, and getting some of her milkshake on her chest. Before realised what she did, she cleared her throat and cleaned Twilight’s shirt, “Ooh, uh, lovely.”

“What's new here?” Twilight asked, “I mean, besides your school becoming the target of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria?”

“Yeah, so, that isn't exactly the only strange thing that's happened since you left,” Rainbow told her as she pulled out her phone and showed her a video of her getting her pony ears, wings, and hair extensions as she played guitar, “Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play.”

“Hmm. My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High,” Twilight theorised, “Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful, winged monster! No offence.”

“None taken,” Sunset replied disgruntled, “Heh. I'm used to it.”

“They'll never even know what hit 'em!” Rainbow yelled as she performed some karate moves.

“Let me just say and we’ll be the ones fighting,” Sam remarked, “we are Ultras.”

“You’re also children, and the Sirens don’t know that you are Ultras,” Twilight retorted.

“Good point,” Sam agreed.

“We've got nothin' to worry about now that Twilight's back,” Applejack stated.

“Oh, I'm pretty sure I could find something to worry about,” Fluttershy responded, “But it won't be the sirens.”

“The sooner we do this, the better,” Twilight said, “Any idea where the Dazzlings might be?”

“There's a big party tonight for all the bands who signed up to be in the showcase!” Pinkie chimed in after drinking her milkshake in one go, “That would include the Dazzlings.”

“Looks like we've got a party to crash,” Twilight smiled as she wiped Pinkie’s face.

Later, the girls and kids were in the auditorium for the band meetup, but things were very awkward for them. They all were around the drinks and snacks, as the other bands glared at each other. Students were arguing, and no one band wanted to mix. Near the stage, Flash was staring down Snips and was getting so frustrated with him that he wanted to slap him.

“I'm gonna get more punch!” he declared as he grabbed his cup and walked to the table where the girls were. Neither Flash nor Twilight were looking where they were going, and they both crashed into each other. Instinctively, Flash reached out and caught Twilight, both of them were just as shocked to see each other. “Twilight?”

“Eh, bumped into, always, doing?” Twilight stuttered.

“What are you doing here?” Flash asked, “You came back for the big competition, right?”

“Something like that,” Twilight responded.

“Huh. Not that there's gonna be any real competition,” Flash remarked, “No one here wants this as bad as my band does!”

Just then, the Dazzlings walked into the hall, Rainbow noticed them and acted to get Twilight’s attention. She picked off a chocolate chip from one of Pinkie’s cookies and threw it at Twilight, the chip landed in her hair, she reached to get it out and looked behind her. Rainbow was motioning for her to look behind Flash, Twilight turned, and she too saw the Dazzlings.

“Can you excuse me for just a minute?” Twilight asked Flash as she joined her friends.

Flash shrugged as the girls and kids walked off to encounter the Dazzlings, Pinkie still eating the cookies, she grabbed a few and shoved them into her hair before catching up with them. By this point the students were all arguing louder, the Dazzlings looked around and smiled at the negative energy resonating off the other students. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were watching Trixie and Flash argue, even Roxy was being held back by Monty and Chica, so she didn’t accidently attack someone.

“Oh, no! No one's mingling! It's like there's some kind of underlying tension that could bubble to the surface at any minute!” Adagio remarked with mock surprise.

“It's the fruit punch, isn't it?” Sonata inquired, “I knew I used too much grape juice!”

“It's not the fruit punch!” Adagio groaned, “It's us!”

“But the punch is awful, too,” Aria remarked.

“What do you know about good fruit punch?” Sonata questioned pointing her cup at Aria.

“More than you!” Aria answered, pushing Sonata’s cup away.

“Do not!” Sonata yelled as she pushed Aria’s head back.

“Do too!” Aria shouted, flicking Sonata’s hair, and messing it up.

“This is just the kick-off party, girls,” Adagio told them, “Imagine what a tizzy they'll be by the time the Battle of the Bands starts.”

“There isn't going to be a Battle of the Bands!” Twilight shouted, “We're gonna make sure of that! Alright, girls, let's do this!” She and the girls all held hands and got ready, “Friendship is magic!”

An awkward silence fell, as everyone just stared. Sonata shrugged. Sunset shied away a little. Sam checked his watch. Someone sneezed. But nothing happened.

“Uh, weren't there rainbows and lasers and stuff last time?” Rainbow whispered to Twilight.

“I don't understand,” Twilight said to Applejack, “We're all together again. Why isn't this working?”

“You, uh... really need to go ahead and do that whole ‘magic of friendship’ thing now,” Sam told them, this silence is so awkward.”

“I'm trying, Sam,” Twilight responded, “I thought the six of us standing together against the sirens would bring out the magic we needed to defeat them. That's what happened before.”

“Talk about throwing down the gauntlet!” Adagio called out, she was stirring up the crowd of students to get them more negative to each other, “This group is obviously serious about winning! A little cocky though, aren't they? Claiming there won't really be a battle. Seems they think they've already got this thing all locked up.”

“Not if the Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie has anything to do with it!” Trixie shouted, declaring that she’ll win.

“Whatever, Trixie!” Flash yelled out, “We're the best band at CHS!”

“No! The Crusaders are gonna win!” Apple Bloom cried.

“You are all nothing compared to me!” Roxy bellowed.

Now all the students were arguing louder and more angry than before. Green mist started to flow around their feet and flow into the Dazzlings’ pendants, as the students snapped at each other. Adagio clutched her gem and looked at the worried and concerned Rainbooms, she didn’t pay attention to the Ultra Siblings, and she didn’t think of them as a problem, they were just kids to her.

“I think we may have found what we're looking for,” Adagio commented, “Or rather, it found us.” Aria got what she meant, but Sonata just shrugged her shoulders, clearly she didn’t understand. Aria smacked her face as Adagio resisted the snap at her bandmate. “Magic!! Don't you see?! Everyone else has fallen under our spell. But not these girls. These girls are special.” The girls and kids all swiftly exited the auditorium.

“What about those kids with them?” Aria questioned.

“They’re just kids, what can they do,” Adagio replied.


Twilight and the others then regrouped outside the school to try and figure out what went wrong. “It doesn't make any sense,” Twilight stated, “I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before.”

“But to defeat me, you drew magic from the crown I was wearing, and you powered up Sam and he used his Rainbow Specium Beam energy on me,” Sunset said, “The sirens' magic comes from their music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them. Or... maybe not.”

“No. I think you're onto something,” Twilight responded.

“Really?” Sunset questioned.

“It's when you play music that you transform now, right?” Twilight inquired.

“Yup. Ears, tails, the whole shebang,” Applejack answered.

“So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!” Twilight declared.

“You mean like a song?” Fluttershy asked.

“Uh-huh,” replied Twilight, “And in order to free everyone who's been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it.”

“So basically fight fire with fire,” Nick remarked.

“More like fight music with music,” Chris joked.

“Exactly,” Twilight retorted.

“The band competition!” Rarity gasped, “That's the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time.”

“Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat,” Applejack remarked.

“And I believe you, Twilight, just became the Rainbooms' newest member,” Rarity announced. The girls all cheered as the ran over to Twilight, but Sunset seemed a little upset.

“You ok Sunset?” Sam asked her.

“Yeah, It’s just I was hoping they would ask me to join their band,” Sunset replied.

“You're not part of their band?” Gwen questioned.

“No I’m not,” Sunset answered feeling a little down.

“So what do you wanna play?” Pinkie asked as she played out each instrument, “Triangle? Sousaphone? Theremin? Soooo magical.”

“I might take a little too long to learn how to play something with these,” Twilight said, “I'll just sing.”

“Like, as in, lead singer?” Rainbow inquired, “Cuz that's usually my gig. This being my band and all.”

“It's our band! And, of course, as lead singer,” Rainbow told her, “She's the one with the magical know-how to help us pull this thing off.”

“Okay, yeah, that's cool,” Rainbow begrudgingly agreed, “I'll just use this as a chance to hone my already insanely good lead guitar skills.”

“Boastful much?” Ace remarked under his breath.

“What was that?” Rainbow questioned turning her head to face him.

“Nothing!” Ace declared.

“It's only temporary,” Twilight assured them, “And we don't have to win the Battle of the Bands. We just have to perform during the first round of the competition.”

“Let's get to learning that musical counter-spell!” Rainbow shouted enthusiastically.

“Well, that's just it. I don't know any,” Twilight told them.

“Unless Sam knows any from his own home world,” Rarity said, they all looked at Sam.

“You think we have magic spells in my universe?” Sam questioned, “none of the songs I know are magical, plus I can’t sing.”

“That’s not true,” Spike spoke up, “you sing in the shower.”

“It’s true, he does,” Gwen chimed in.

“Both of you shut up,” Sam pointed at them crossly.

“But I'm sure I could figure out how to write one,” Twilight said.

“Totally! Twilight can write a spell like it's nobody's business,” Spike declared, “That's pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria.”

“Technically, I helped finish a spell,” Twilight corrected, “And there was a little more to it than that, Spike.”

“Yeah, whatever,” Spike smirked.

“I wouldn’t know, I was in a coma,” Sam casually remarked, getting stares from everyone, “what? I fell off a cliff to save Diamond Tiara’s life.”

“I’ve got this,” Twilight said, as she picked up Spike and started to head to the school, “C’mon!”

“Where're you goin'?” Applejack asked.

“Well, last time we were here, Spike, Sam and I spent the night in the library,” Twilight replied.

“And let me tell you, laying on hardcover books really does a number on your back,” Sam stated.

“Are you crazy?!” Pinkie shouted as she gave Twilight and Spike a squeeze, “We're besties now! Slumber party at my house!” Everyone was excited for that.


That evening, the girls and kids were having fun. Rainbow, Applejack, Nick, and Sam where playing video games, Pinkie was updating her Mystables page, Fluttershy, Rarity, Sunset, where taking selfies of each other, with Spike, Gwen, and Ace photo bombing them, and Devon and Christ trying to help Twilight with her counter spell.

“Status update: ‘Okie-dokie-lokie.’,” Pinkie cheerfully said.

Rainbow, Applejack, Sam, and Nick were playing hard, Applejack was winning, and Rainbow was losing. In a panic she slammed down her hand on the console, causing Applejack’s controller to get unplugged.

“Hey! I was about to beat you!” Applejack moaned.

“I doubt it,” Rainbow remarked.

“you’re such a sore loser Dash,” Nick stated.

“No I’m not!” Rainbow shouted, Nick just smirked at Sam, “So, Twilight, how is that counter-spell comin'?”

“Huh? Oh, uh, good. Great,” Twilight replied, sarcastically.

“It’s not,” Chris called out.

Twilight just gave him a look, “Thanks for letting me use your notebook, Fluttershy. I really like the song you wrote for the Rainbooms.”

“Thanks,” Fluttershy sighed, “Hopefully one day, we'll get a chance to play it.”

“HEY!” Applejack cried, as Rainbow held her controller away after for her. Sam and Nick just sighed and looked at each other.

“Twilight, I think I speak for all of us when I say I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't come back to help us,” Rarity stated, the rest of the girls all agreed. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

“Pizza's here!” Pinkie shouted as they all dashed off to the door.

“Dibs on the Hawaiian!” Sam yelled. With Twilight on her own, she sadly looked at her notes, if you could call them notes. She still couldn’t write properly.

“Don’t you want any Pizza?” Pinkie asked as she zipped back into the room with a pizza slice in her mouth. Twilight nodded as Pinkie went back to the living room. Twilight sighed as she opened the drawer and placed the notebook in it, before joining the others.

The rest of that night was the girls and kids goofing around and having fun. They played video games, kids vs girls, and watched horror movies with Fluttershy the only one not that scared of them. Later, after everyone went to sleep, Twilight woke up in the middle of the night, and slowly and quietly retrieved the notebook from the drawer. She then creeped downstairs and tried to work on the counter-spell in the kitchen. She tried to write some notes down with the pen in her mouth, but she couldn’t get it right.

“No. That's not gonna work,” she remarked as she spat out her pen.

“Hey, Twilight,” came a voice, Twilight turned to the doorway and saw Sunset standing there, “You're up late.”

“Just looking over the counter-spell,” Twilight told her, hiding her notes from Sunset’s view, “We only get one shot at this. It has to be perfect.”

“We really are lucky you're here,” Sunset responded, as she opened the fridge.

“That's what everyone keeps telling me,” Twilight said with a sad expression.

“Who could possibly need this much whipped cream?” Sunset questioned, staring at all the whipped cream cans in Pinkie’s fridge, “Must be nice to have everyone always looking to you for answers to their problems... instead of waiting for you to cause a problem.”

“Just because everyone expects something from you doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen,” Twilight retorted.

“Well, that doesn't stop them from expecting it,” Sunset responded.

“Which only makes things harder because the last thing you want to do is...” Twilight said before she and Sunset spoke at the same time.

“...let everybody down,” they said. They both looked at each other surprised. They grinned at each other as Sunset closed the fridge down and yelped in surprise to see Pinkie’s sister Maud standing there.

“Waaah!” she yelled.

“Boulder was hungry,” Maud said in her dry tone as she opened a cupboard and got some cereal, before pouring it on her pet rock. Sunset backed up, as Maud turned and walked back to her room, sprinkling cereal on Boulder.

“I still can't get over the fact that she's related to Pinkie Pie,” Sunset whispered.

“You and me both!” Twilight muttered back.

“I better get some sleep,” Sunset yawned as she started to make her way back to Pinkie’s bedroom, “Good luck with the counter-spell. Not that you'll need it. This must be nothing compared with the stuff you're expected to deal with as a princess in Equestria.”

“Sunset Shimmer?” Twilight called to her, Sunset stopped and turned to face Twilight, she looked at her worried, but Twilight shot down what she was going to say, “...Never mind. It's not important.” Sunset just smiled as she turned and headed back, “No, I have to be able to do this. I have to.”

And with that, Twilight tried to work on her spell again. She worked on it as long as she could before she felt too tired to continue. She got up, and headed back to the bedroom, placed the notebook back in the drawer, and wiggled back into her sleeping bag next to Sam. She wrapped an arm around him and brought him closer. She thought that Sam was deep asleep, but Sam could sense that she was stressed and worried. It wasn’t just that, but he was also worried about the negative energy arising from the students. He could sense that something monstrous was going to come out of it. And he was right. Outside in the dead of night, a monster roar echoed across the city, as the faint illusion of a monster appeared before fading away.

Author's Note:

Hi guys

it's rather late for me here, so I'll make this quick

I hope you enjoy this chapter, again nothing too different from the original, but with Minus Energy Monsters on the rise as well. I wonder what's going to happen.

stay tuned.

PreviousChapters Next