• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,156 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43: The Mane Event (Edited)

The next day, the Rainbooms are practising their musical counterspell in the barn next to Applejack's house. Unfortunately, with Twilight still getting used to her human writing, and not being used to singing in a band, she was singing really out of tune. In fact no one was sounding great, Fluttershy was shaking her tambourine too much, and Pinkie didn’t play the drums at all, until Applejack and Rarity gave her a look. Sunset, Spike and Sam’s team were cringing and covering their ears at how bad they all sounded, Even Granny Smith had to shove apple cores in her ears to block out the sound.

“Eh, that sounded... way better than the last... five times you've played it. Heh, heh,” Spike chuckled nervously.

“Nnope,” Big Mac remarked as he walked past the window carrying a bucket of apples.

“I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with this counter-spell,” Rainbow stated.

“You're turnin' what should be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?” Applejack inquired, staring at Rainbow crossly.

“I have to pick up the slack somehow!” Rainbow shouted back, “Are you guys even trying?!”

“I'm trying,” Fluttershy spoke up.

“It's fine,” Twilight laughed nervously, “It'll be fine. One more time from the top!”

“Or, perhaps we could take a short break, try on some of the wardrobe choices I've put together?” Rarity called out as she quickly changed into a costume, “I'm particularly fond of this one. Eh, of course we could always go with something a bit more modern.”

“We're tryin' to save our school here,” Applejack told her, feeling annoyed, “Enough with the costumes!”

“Oh, you can never have enough costumes!” Rarity cried in a robotic voice, wearing a Daft Punk like costume.

“They have Daft Punk in this world?” Nick questioned.

“Apparently,” Devon replied.

“She just wants to make things fun! Isn't that what being in a band is supposed to be?” Pinkie cried as she played the rimshot angrily.

“You don't have time for any of this!” Sunset told them, “You're supposed to check in at the Battle of the Bands in fifteen minutes!”

“OH NO!” the girls gasped, as they started to pack up everything.

“What? But it's not ready!” Twilight panicked, “If we play our counter-spell in the first round and it doesn't work, the sirens will know what we're up to and make sure we don't get a chance to play it again!” Everyone screeched to a halt.

“Then we'll have to buy ourselves some time so you can keep workin' on it!” Applejack announced.

“But how do you propose we do that?” Rarity asked.

“We compete in the Battle of the Bands for real! I take over lead vocals again and we stay alive until the finals! We unleash the counter-spell then!” Rainbow explained, before turning to Twilight, “You'll have figured it out by finals, right?”

“Of course she will,” Gwen replied, “Mum’s never met a problem she couldn't solve. Right, mum?”

“Right,” Twilight answered, but she replied not so confidently.

“Then let's go win us a Battle of the Bands!” Rainbow shouted as she ran out the barn followed by the rest of the girls. Twilight waved to them, but her smile soon fell. She wasn’t sure at all if she’ll get the counterspell done in time, it was just her, Spike and Sam’s team in the barn. However, something came to her mind.

“Hey where’s Sam?” she asked, looking around, “I haven’t seen him all morning.”

“I don’t know where he went,” Gwen replied.


Sam had woken up and left that morning before anyone was up and was now starting on a rooftop in his Ultrasuit. Last night, he had heard the monster roar and was using his Ultra-Eyes to try and detect any signs of a Negative Energy monster. As Ultraman, Sam’s hearing and other senses were enhanced, so he could see, hear, etc much better than a normal human. Ultraman could see the Negative energy radiating off the students as they made their way to school and hear their negative remarks to their fellow students. Presently he heard the evil chuckles of three teens, he looked down and saw the Dazzlings making their way to the school. He started to follow them from the top of each building.

“Our Plan is coming along nicely, wouldn't you two say,” Adagio remarked.

“It’ll go much more smoothly and be done by now if I was in charge,” Aria stated, “You take your time with your plans, that’s why we got sent to this place.”

“Look, Sonata is too dumb to think before she speaks,” Adagio said, sounding fed up, “and if you were in charge we would have been sent to this world much earlier than we did.”

“Hey, I can think before I speak,” Sonata interjected but Adagio didn’t take notice of her.

“I’m clearly the brains of this trio, and our master entrusted me to lead you two,” Adagio responded, “that’s why our gems he gave us, mine is stronger than yours.”

“Their gems are part of them?” Ultraman said to himself.

“Don’t we have enough Negative energy to summon a monster?” Sonata asked.

“No, we don't, you idiot!” Aria shouted, “you saw what we tried to do last night. Hoe couldn’t spawn because he didn’t have enough.”

“I was just asking,” Sonata spoke softly.

“We can’t afford to unleash a Negative Energy Monster,” Adagio replied more civilly, “If we unleash Hoe or any other Negative monster, we lose all the progress we made. We need energy to feed us and to charge up these Fusion Risers and Monster Capsules we have.”

Hearing that almost made Ultraman miss his footing. “WOAH! The Dazzlings have Fusion Risers and Monster Capsule?!” he shouted under his breath, “that’s going to be difficult to beat.”

“Did you two hear something?” Sonata asked her bandmates, looking around, she thought she heard something.

“You’re probably hearing things again Sonata,” Aria remarked.

“I’m not!” Sonata exclaimed.

“Shut up you two, we’re nearly there,” Adagio told them as they turned a corner and headed into the school. Ultraman watched them as long as he could, once they were out of sight, he jumped off the building and took off his Ultrasuit.

“I need to warn mum and the others,” Sam remarked to himself as he started to run back to Pinkie’s house. But when he got there, the only one he was greeted by was Maud.

“Oh you’re back,” Maud greeted him with her blank voice and expression.

“Hi Maud,” Sam replied, “is Pinkie or the others still here?”

“Sorry, you just missed them,” Maud told him, “they went to Applejack’s home to practise their song.”

“Darn it,” Sam remarked.

“Would you like me to drive you there? I’m on my way to school anyway,” Maud offered.

“You can drive?” Sam questioned.

“You make it sound like a bad thing,” Maud remarked.

“No, no, I don’t mean it as a bad thing,” Sam responded, “I’m just surprised is all.”

“If my timing is right, they should have only fifteen minutes left before they need to sign in for the Battle of the Bands,” Maud said, “so even if we go to Applejack’s home they’ll be gone by now, so I best take you with me to the school.”

“Wow, you’re good,” Sam remarked.

“I get that a lot, now come on,” Maud said as she grabbed her things and walked to her car. Sam wasn’t really that surprised that it was a plain and Maud was. But he didn’t say anything in case he would have hurt her feelings, if she had any under her blank expression, it’s really hard to tell with her.

Later at CHS, the battle of the Bands was just about to get underway, Celestia and Luna were standing on stage speaking to the gathered students.

“Welcome to the first ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands. I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school!” Celestia announced, The students all erupted in cheer, the only thing they seemed to agree on. “We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!” She motioned to the Dazzlings sitting at the band of the auditorium.

“But, as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner,” Luna continued, “Who is it going to be?”

The students all stared at each other before they started to argue again. The green mist faded in again, circling around their feet and flowing into the Dazzlings gems.

“You feel that, girls? Our true power is being restored,” Adagio responded, getting a chuckle out of Aria and Sonata, just then the Rainbooms walked into the hall. Adagio shushed her bandmates as the Rainbooms looked around the hall all nervously at all the students arguing, “And that's before we've tapped into the strongest magic here.”

“But the Rainblossoms, or whatever they're called, aren't under our spell,” Aria complained, “How exactly are we supposed to get to their magic?”

“The Rainbooms are just as capable of falling apart as anyone else,” Adagio told her, “They just need a little... push in the wrong direction. I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove.”

The First performance was Snips and Snails rapping, they seemed to try, but the Audience was just confused, and they sounded terrible. Luckily, Sam wasn’t there to see it, as he was in the car with Maud at the time. Once the two were done, they dropped the microphones like any rapper would do after they finished their track, the feedback hurt the Rainbooms’ ears.

“Please do not drop the microphones,” Celestia dryly responded, she and Luna didn’t seem to enjoy it that much.

“In your face, Rainbooms!” Snips remarked as he and Snails walked backstage and passed the girls.

“Least we know one group who won't stand in the way of us gettin' to the finals,” Applejack remarked.

“Yeah I know, that was terrible,” Ace agreed.

“Let's get ready to rock!” Rainbow yelled.

“Wait! Where's Rarity?” Pinkie questioned.

“Oh! Here! I'm here!” Rarity called out, panting as she stumbled to them in a hippie -inspired costume with metal fringes. This caused the Ultra Siblings to burst out laughing at her get up, while the girls just stared at her, “We will be performing in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous. Hmph.” Applejack groaned as the girls made their way on stage to start singing.

“You got these girls!” cheered Gwen.

“Yeah, show them how the Rainbooms do it!” Nick cried. The Students all chatted to each other in their own little teams, as girls got ready.

“Remember, we have to be good enough to make it through but not so good we let the sirens see the magic within us,” Twilight told them with her hand over the microphone, “They could realise we plan to use it against them.”

“Got it! Be cool enough to win, but not so cool that we end up showing off the whole ears and tails and rainbows thing,” Rainbow repeated in her own way of saying it, “Sooo... about twenty percent less cool.”

“One! Two!” Pinkie cried as she tapped her drumsticks together.

We've just got the day to get ready
And there's only so much time to lose
Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party
So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen
We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right
All our friends are here
And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail

So what you didn't get it right the first time

Laugh it off, no one said it is a crime

Do your thing, you know you're an original

Your ideas are so funny that they're criminal

Ohhh-ahh!

We've just got the day to get ready
And there's only so much time to lose
Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party
So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen
We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right
All our friends are here
And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail
Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight
Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight!

At the start, the girls were singing rather well, but up in the scaffolding, sabotage was afoot. Photo Finish and her Snapshots had magnets on string, they threw the magnets down, they caught Rarity on her metal fringes and manipulated her movements with them. Rarity could play her arms, but this didn’t go unnoticed by the Ultra Siblings, they looked up into the scaffolding and saw what Photo Finish was doing. They all climbed up and tried to stop her, Gwen went to grab the puppet strings from Photo Finish, but her bandmates, Violet Blurr and Pixel Pizzaz, grabbed her before she could reach for them, Ace and Devon tried to help get their friend free.

The struggle caused Rarity to move around without her control and she was made to flick Applejack’s hat off. Applejack was getting annoyed with Rarity, thinking she was doing this on purpose. Pinkie started to notice that the crusaders were getting bored, so she tried to make things better by letting off a confetti cannon drum. But in doing so, Twilight accidentally inhaled a piece of confetti and caused her to choke, Fluttershy noticed her friend in trouble and smacked Twilight’s back with her tambourine, Twilight looked in the crowd and noticed Flash and his team walk away ashamed.

Back in the scaffolding, Snips and Snails took advantage and exploited Fluttershy’s stage fright by beaming one of the spotlights on her. Fluttershy tried to run away from the light, but it kept falling on her. Gwen saw what Snips and Snails were doing so she called out to Nick and Chris who tried to stop them too. But in doing so they made the spotlight go everywhere. It was complete chaos, the only ones trying, where Applejack, and Rainbow, Pinkie were chiming in, and Twilight was singing more quietly.

Rarity managed to get free from the magnets, but she had to tear her costume’s arms off, this devastated her and caused her to burst into tears, and Fluttershy was now hiding from the spotlight behind Pinkie’s drum set though she was still playing. Sam and Maud had just arrived in the Auditorium, but it was too late, the girls had finished, Rainbow was sweating, she wasn’t confident that they made it through. Lots of things had gone wrong in just a few minutes. Only Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna were applauding as the girls collected themselves and exited the stage. Photo Finish, Snips and Snails came down from the scaffolding and snickered to themselves at their handywork.

“Ruined! Absolutely ruined!” Rarity cried. Sunset held Spike in her arms as the girls came off stage.

“Rarity, were you tryin' to make us lose out there?!” Applejack exclaimed in anger.

“Wh- Oh! This was not my fault!” Rarity shouted back, “This was an act of sabotage!”

“She’s right,” Gwen remarked as she and the others came back down from the scaffolding, “Photo Finish used magnets to manipulate Rarity’s movements.”

“Yeah, well, Photo Finish couldn't have done this if you didn't insist on dressin' like... like... this!” Applejack yelled, “We need to sound good! Is there some reason that concept seems to escape you?”

“And what was with the confetti, Pinkie Pie?” Rainbow questioned, “How am I supposed to shred if there's paper stuck in my frets?!”

“It was pretty distracting...”Fluttershy softly remarked.

“Ugh! Says the girl who was running from a light the whole time! A light!” Retorted Pinkie.

“You still sounded much better than most other bands. I'm sure you'll make it to the next round,” Sunset spoke up trying to cheer everyone up, “But it won't matter if you don't have that counter-spell ready. You all find a place to practise where the sirens can't hear you. I'll keep an eye on things around here.” Just as Derpy took the stage with her bandmates and started to play the saw, Sam appeared.

“Sam!” Gwen shouted as she ran to him, “we could have used some help back there.”

“Sorry guys,” Sam replied.

“Where’d you go anyway?” Rainbow asked.

“I left early, because I heard something last night,” Sam replied, “I also followed the Dazzlings and found something out about them.”

The group left the auditorium as Sam explained what he heard the Dazzlings say, the group were shocked, and knew they had to stop them more than ever. Now they were trying to find a place to practise.

“I don't think we should use a classroom,” Twilight stated, she wasn’t looking where she was and bumped into Flash, Twilight gave a nervous chuckle, but Flash didn’t seem happy to see her, “We really need to stop bumping into each other like this.”

“Uh, you guys hear something?” Flash asked his bandmates, Brawly Beats and Ringo.

“Uhh-uhh,” Brawly replied.

“Uh, nope,” Ringo answered.

Twilight was confused, so she tried again, “I said, we have to stop…”

“There it is again,” Flash remarked, “So annoying.”

“Why are you acting like this?” Twilight asked, in concern confusion, “I thought we were friends.”

“Yeah, and then you decide to come back here just so you can beat me in the Battle of the Bands,” Flash snapped at her, “I want this, Twilight, and you're trying to take it from me! Some friend.”

“That's not why…” Twilight was shocked and saddened by what Flash had said, she wanted to say more but Applejack stopped her.

“Come on, Twilight,” she told her before leading her away and giving Flash an angry expression, “We've got things to do.”

“You really think you're gonna help them?!” Flash shouted at her, “Ha! I bet you have no idea what you're even doing!”

As the girls walked away with Twilight in tears and Sam being held back by Nicholas and Devon, the Dazzlings had seen what had just occurred. Adagio grinned and turned to her bandmates.

“Tears already?” she remarked, “This is only the first round.” Aria and Sonata both chuckled. Suddenly Celestia’s voice came over the PA system.

“The next band to take the stage will be Trixie and the Illusions,” She announced.

“Better head back,” Adagio stated, “We're supposed to go on after Trixie.” The trio turned and headed back to the auditorium. But as they turned the corner, Adagio stopped causing the other two to stop as well. Standing at the entrance to the auditorium was Sunset Shimmer, arms crossed and staring at them.

“You're never gonna get away with this,” she told them.

“Why? Because you didn't?” Adagio mocked, causing Sunset to feel uneasy, but she tried not to show it, “Oh, we know all about you, Sunset Shimmer. You've got quite the reputation at Canterlot High.”

“I've changed! I'm in a much better place now!” Sunset shouted, not wanting their words to get to her.

“Waiting in the wings while your friends have all the fun?” Aria questioned as they circled poor Sunset.

“Oh, yes, you girls are so tight,” Adagio spoke, Sunset started to feel nervous but still kept a strong face, they were playing with her emotions, “And yet... they didn't ask you to be in the band.”

“Probably afraid no one would want to see them play if she was in the group,” Aria retorted.

“Too bad! So sad!” Sonata chimed in, a little childish.

“If it's any consolation, no one is going to remember you at all by the time we're done,” Adagio gave a final remark as she bumped Sunset out the way.

“Remember, girls. We want to save the good stuff for when our full power has been restored,” Adagio told her bandmates as they made their way onto the stage. As soon as the spotlight came on, they started to sing.

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell

Blindsided by the beat
Clapping your hands, stomping your feet
You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh

Now you've fallen under our spell

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our spell

Listen to the sound of my voice

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Soon you'll find you don't have a choice

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Captured in the web of my song

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Soon you'll all be singing along

Oh, whoa, oh

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it
Got the song that makes you lose it
We say "jump", you say "how high?"
Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our spell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our

Spell

The Dazzlings singing was very hypnotic to hear, as Celestia and Luna were very charmed by their harmonised vocals and even the other students were moving their heads in time with the rhythm. As the Battle of the Bands processed, competing bands were knocked out one by one. Bulk Biceps on Violin over-powered Snips and Snails’ rap, Flash and his band knocked out Captain Planet as his bands, the Rainbooms were able to surpass Octivia on Cello, Trixie and the Illusions beat Lyra and Bon-Bon on piano, even the Crusaders had a chance to perform, however, Freddy and the Glamrocks where too much from them.

And all the while Twilight is panicking trying to still perfect the counter-spell as the other girls bickered with each other on how to handle the band. Sunset, and the Ultra Siblings were getting worried about their friends, if they kept fighting like this, something was going to go horribly wrong. Soon even the competitors that eliminated and stayed in were arguing with each other on who was winning this as the green mist returned and swirled around their legs and into the Dazzlings gems. As the trio finished, Adagio let off a menacing laugh.

Soon, it was coming to an end, the Dazzlings had won again, and had beaten Flash, he was so angry that he stormed off to go and release it, as he passed the Glamrocks trying to hold Roxanne back from attacking Lyra, Bon-Bon and Derpy.

“YOU ARE NOTHING!” She shrieked as she tried to squirm out of Monty’s grip, “You think you’re better than me?! I’m the best!”

“Ok Roxy that’s enough. Calm down girl,” Monty replied, and he started to pull her back.

“Let me eat them!” Roxy shouted, swiping her claws in the girls’ direction.

“Absolutely not,” Freddy told her, “remember the last time you nearly attacked someone?”

“Yeah, you almost gave Sparkler a glass eye,” Chica spoke up.

Meanwhile backstage, Sunset is talking to help pump up the Rainbooms.

“This is it! Last round and you're in the finals!” she declared as she turned to look at Twilight, “Unless you think the counter-spell is ready to be played now.” Twilight was really unsure about it.

“Don't worry, Twilight. Finals aren't until tonight,” Applejack told her, “We'll get in a little more practice before we're supposed to hit the stage. We won't let you down!” The others all agreed.

“You won't let me down...” Twilight muttered to herself, she may have murmured it, but Sunset was close enough to hear what she said.

“Um, I was just wondering,” Fluttershy spoke to Rainbow, “We haven't played any of my songs yet, and...”

“It's the semifinals,” Rainbow cut her off, “We gotta do ‘Awesome As I Wanna Be’.”

“Don't know why I even asked...” Fluttershy complained to herself.

Trixie was just finishing up her song, ‘Tricks up my sleeves’. When she did finish with the spotlights shining brightly behind her, she threw her guitar pic, which landed on Celestia and Luna’s desk.

“Fantastic!” Celestia laughed as she and her sister applauded. Trixie finished bowing and walked off backstage, as she passed the Rainbooms with Rainbow having a very cocky expression.

“Hmph. You're never gonna top that performance, ‘Rain-goons’,” she taunted, “You shouldn't be allowed to when you have such a big advantage over the rest of us.”

“My superior guitar playing and off-the-charts awesome singing voice?” Rainbow inquired in her usual cocky manner.

“Oh, don't be ridiculous. I mean her!” Trixie stated pointing at Twilight, “If you were really all that, Rainbow Dash, you wouldn't have needed to bring in some magical ringer, and a band of children to have half a chance. Everyone's talking about it.”

“Hey, I saved you last time I was here!” Sam shouted.

“Ha! Puh-leeze!” Rainbow retorted, “I could win this thing as a solo act, and everybody knows it!” This made the others stare at her with glares.

“Sure you could,” Trixie scoffed as she threw a smoke bomb down, the Rainbooms and Ultra-Siblings all coughed as the smoke cleared to see that Trixie was gone.

“She's gone!” Pinkie cried, clutching her hair.

“No, wait. There she is,” Gwen pointed out, Trixie was just hiding behind the drum, after being spotted she darted for the exit.

“Next up, the Rainbooms,” Celestia announced, Rainbow walked on all confident while the others were more annoyed and worried with her.

“Knock 'em dead, Rainbooms!” cried Spike.

“I'll be here... just... watching,” Sunset sighed.

“Don’t worry, we’re here with you,” Sam said, placing a hand on Sunset’s, this only made smile.

“Well it could be worse,” Sunset remarked, patting his head.

“Please don’t say things like that,” Chris stated.

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Awesome as I wanna be

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Awesome as I wanna be

First you see me riding on a sonic boom
Got my guitar shreddin' up my latest tune
There is nothin' you can do to beat me
I'm so good that you can't defeat me

Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be
(Yeah!) I'm awesome, take caution
Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Rainbow was being peak Rainbow Dash, she was showing off even more than she would, more or less presenting this as a solo. All of the girls were now completely fed up with her, they had been tolerating her all day, and now they have just given up. Rainbow was too stubborn to listen to reason. All of them started to slow down in performing as Rainbow just took it over, this was making Sunset get nervous and worried.

Soon even the spotlights turned to shine down on just Rainbow, the girls were all really frustrated by this and her showing off. As Rainbow played a guitar solo, it happened. Sunset saw light flashing from her head, her pony ears were appearing. Sunset could do the only thing that came to her head, she jumped and pushed Rainbow to the ground. This caused them to shove Twilight and Rarity, who knocked her keytar out her hands, but as the strap was still around Rarity’s neck, she was forced to the ground as well, kicking Applejack’s bass out her hands and landing in one of Pinkie’s drums, and to top it off, all the spotlights shone down on Fluttershy causing her to go shy and disappear behind the curtain as the main lights were switched on.

Rainbow’s pony ears disappeared as she glared at Sunset for ‘ruining’ her performance. The Ultra-Siblings ran over to help their guardians up off the floor as Celestia and Luna wrote down notes on the performance.

“Now that's the bad girl we love to hate!” Flash cried out from the crowd with a smirk on his face.

“I knew she was still trouble!” Octaivia shouted.

“The real Sunset Shimmer is back!” yelled Monty.

“No. It isn't like that,” Sunset spoke softly to them as she turned and walked off-stage, The Dazzling grinning at each other, knowing what their plan was working and knowing what to do next.

“Shut it all of you!” Sam shouted back to the crowd, but they weren’t listening.

“What was that?!” Rainbow exclaimed crossly at Sunset.

“You were showing them your magic,” Sunset tried to explain, “I-I didn't know what else to do.”

“Ugh. Close the curtains? Unplug her amp? Give us a chance to deal with the situation?” Rarity answered, listing her some reasons.

“I'm sorry, I just wanted to help,” Sunset spoke sadly.

“Yeah, well, you didn't,” Rainbow remarked harshly.

“Shut it you Rainbow haired bitch!” Sam shouted, his body temperature was starting to rise, as steam was physically coming off him.

“Why are you defending her?!” Rainbow yelled.

“She’s been through enough! And I saved you last time I was here!” Sam snapped back.

“From a fireball she created!” Rainbow cried.

“None of this would've happened if you weren't tryin' to show off – as usual,” Applejack shouted at Rainbow.

“Good show, ‘Rain-brooms’,” Trixie spoke up as she walked back to them, “I especially liked the part where Sunset Shimmer, in a fit of jealous rage, knocked out Rainbow Dash mid-guitar solo!”

“It wasn't a fit of jealous rage!” Sunset shouted in her face, turned red on her own, she looked back at the girls after her out-burst and as the others didn’t want to say anything.

“If you say so,” Trixie said, as she turned and saw Luna and Celestia on the other side of the stage chatting about who was going in the finals, “Ooh! Looks like they've already decided who'll be moving on to the finals! I'm guessing it wasn't too difficult a decision.”

“God you nothing like our Trixie,” Sam gritted his teeth, the steam becoming more thicker.

“Don’t go do anything stupid,” Chris told him as he held him back, “you don’t want to pull your cords again.” The doors opened behind Celestia and Luna as the Dazzlings walked out and started to harmonise and put them under their spell again.

“Huh?” Sunset remarked as this.

“What can we do?” Rarity questioned, “There isn't gonna be another opportunity for us to play. And I had the most gorgeous outfit for the finals!”

“Yup, 'cause that's the real tragedy here, Rarity – that you won't get to play dress-up!” Applejack shouted at her.

“You know perfectly well that is not what I meant!” Rarity yelled as the two got into each other’s faces.

“You guys wanna keep it down?” Rainbow demanded them, pushing them back, “They're about to announce who's moving on.”

“Who are you kidding?” Fluttershy questioned, as Celestia and Luna walked on stage, “You know it isn't gonna be us.”

“The band that will be joining the Dazzlings in tonight's finals...” Celestia paused for dramatic effect, “The Rainbooms!”

“WHAT?!” Trixie shouted.

“Huh?” the girls exclaimed.

“Did they just say, ‘the Rainbooms’?!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“This isn't over!” Trixie declared as she stormed off in irritation.

“Congratulations, girls,” Celestia told them as they walked back on stage, “You deserve it.”

“Seriously?!” Pinkie questioned, she still didn’t get it, “We didn't even finish our…!” She was then cut off by Rainbow elbowing her in the side.

“See you at tonight's big show, Rainbooms,” Adagio said to them, “We are really looking forward to it.”

“Yeah, well... not as much as we are!” Rainbow cried, but then the crowd started to jeer at them.

“Zis never should haf been you, Rainbooms!” Photo Finish shouted in her Austrian accent. The crowd continued to jeer, as the Rainbooms walked off stage and through the crowd of angry students, their heads low.

“This is a travesty! A travesty!” Trixie shouted dramatically.

“It really is!” Adagio empathised, “The Rainbooms don't deserve to be in the finals. Not when your band was so much better in the semis.”

“And wanted it so much more,” Aria added.

“Alas, this is the way it's going to be,” Adagio responded, “Dazzlings vs. Rainbooms.”

“Unless, of course, the Rainbooms don't manage to make it to their set or hold up for some reason,” Sonata put in.

This made Trixie smile and let off a sinister chuckle, she had a plan. A plan to ensure that the Rainbooms weren’t able to make it to the finals. But I shan't say no more, others I'll spoiler what's to come next.

Author's Note:

Hi all. I got somewhere to be so I'll make this quick again.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of the Rainbow Rocks Saga. The Final chapter of the saga is coming next, after that I'm going to take a small break for SHB and try and catch up with my others, such as Ultraman Scorn and Cyber Agents. I do hope you guys are enjoying this, because ones Act 2 is finished and act 3 is started up, things are going to changes for either the better or for the worse.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next time.

PreviousChapters Next