• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,156 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: The Resistance Fighters Unite (Edited)

The next couple of weeks were very eventful. Twilight was helped in the Summerset Celebration, which went south when Celestia and Luna went missing and the sky was both day and night. This all happened when it was revealed that the tree of harmony was dying, and the girls had to give up their elements of harmony. In doing so, the tree blossomed a crystal chest with six locks.

The next day Twilight, Sunset, Sam, and Spike went to the Castle of the Two Sisters to find some answers about the chest. Neither of them knew that the other girls had made their way to the castle as well. Rarity wanted to get some of the fabrics with Fluttershy and while Rainbow and Applejack wanted to see how long they could stay and not get scared, as Applejack claimed, the castle was haunted by some remaining energy of Nightmare Moon. But it turns out all the haunting was done by Pinkie who was making a quote, ‘Everyone comes to the spooky castle while I play the organ’ party.

A few days later, Rainbow Dash hears that her favourite author of the Daring Do books was delaying the next one. So she sets out to convince A. K. Yearling to catch up with the next book. Big twist turned out to be that A.K. Yearling was actually Daring Do herself. They then ended up having to save Daring do and convince her that she can’t always do things on her own, and that her book will be out on time and include the girls. But Sam wasn’t happy that she depicted him as a minor character. He wasn’t even on the cover.

And there was something to do with the CMC and the Equestria Games coming up, but Sam wasn’t part of that, he was busy defending Ponyville from a monster.

One night, Twilight Sparkle is asleep in her bed when she and Sunset are stirred awake by a lamp switching on. They see Sam reading one of his comic books he brought with him from Earth.

“Sam, you really need to go to sleep!” Twilight told him.

“Aw, five more minutes, mum!” Sam whined, “I'm just getting to the really good part! Bowser Jr, and Metal Sonic are about to—"

“Bowser Jr?” Twilight asked.

“Metal Sonic?” questioned Sunset.

“Mario and Sonic’s most evil nemeses!” he said showing them the comic, “Bowser Jr is Bowser’s son the enemy to Mario and Metal Sonic is a robotic clone of Sonic the Hedgehog created by Dr Eggman. They have been tasked to break into the Mushroom Kingdom Museum and steal the Electro-Stone, so they can use it to power up a doomsday device! Of course, Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic wouldn't have even known if Kooper hadn't slipped up and told them all about it.”

“Kooper?” Sunset asked.

“Nah, the turtle with the blue shell and pointless red bandana,” Sam pointed out, “One of The Resistance Fighters bumbling and totally useless sidekicks. The Resistance Fighters have to stop the Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic, or the Mushroom Kingdom and Mobius is doo-hoo-hoo-hoomed!”

“Believe me, Sam, If anyone understands what it's like to get caught up in a really good book, it's me,” Twilight sympathised. “But if we're going to make any progress fixing up Luna and Celestia's old castle tomorrow, we all have to do our part. We don't want to be too tired to lend a hoof... or hand.”

“Okay, okay, I'm going to bed,” Sam said as he walked back to his bed as he dropped the comic on a table and climbed in, “Goodnight.”

Twilight and Sunset turned back over to get back to sleep, only for Twilight to hear Sam fumbling in the dark to reach for his comic. Twilight used her magic to lift the comic out of his reach. Sam just looked up at her with sad eyes.

“Five more minutes,” Twilight replied, as she levitated the comic back to Sam.

“YES!” he exclaimed as he took it and began to read it.


The next morning, Twilight and her friends take part in refurbishing Celestia and Luna's old castle.

“Looking good, everypony!” Twilight called out, “Let's keep this magical makeover moving!”

“You got it!” Rainbow called back, as she and Fluttershy worked on the roof.

“Good old Sam is here, ready to do his part!” Sam announced as he finally arrived, but Twilight didn’t hear him as she wandered off. Sam looked around and saw Applejack putting up photos of apples on the wall.

“A little more to the left!” Pinkie said to Applejack as she skated passed on soapy brushes, “No, the other left!” Applejack straightened up the photo as Pinkie sped by speaking quickly, “Awesome! That's perfect right where it is! On to the next painting!”

“Are you sure you don't need any help?” Sam asked.

“Nah, that’s okay,” Applejack told him.

“We have everything under control!” cried Pinkie.

“Auntie Dash?” Sam called to her.

“I’m good,” Rainbow replied.

“Isn't there anything I can help you with, mum?” Sam asked as he went to Sunset.

“Don't worry about it, Sammy!” Pinkie cried as she sat on brushes while scrubbing the floor, “It's all good!”

“I think she's right. It looks like we've got it, Sam,” Sunset replied.

“Looking great, everypony!” Called Twilight.

“Why don't you find a quiet spot and finish reading your comic?” Sunset Suggested, “Aren't you right at the part where Kooper was about to stop the villain?”

“Kooper never stops the villain,” Sam replies, “He and his buddy Goombario are just there for comic relief and extra support.” He then stepped into a paint can. He kicked it off, but then it hit Spike in the face, and he struggled to get it off. Sam tried to help Spike get the paint bucket off his face.

“Rarity, Trixie, let me give you a hoof with that!” Sunset said as she and Twilight walked over to Rarity and Trixie, Sam managed to pull the paint bucket off Spike and threw it into the air.

“I could do it!” he called out.

“That’s okay, Sam,” Twilight assured him.

“Pony power! Weehee!!” cried Pinkie.

Sam sighed as Spike pats his shoulder, and the paint bucket landed on Sam’s head. Spike tried not to laugh as Sam shuffled, feeling useless, Spike following him.

Sam went off to Celestia and Luna's reading room to read, Spike came with him to keep him company.

“So where did you leave off?” Spike asked.

“Let’s see,” Sam said, “Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic break into the museum... okay, here we go.” Sam and Spike started to read on. “...Ugh, what a surprise! Kooper and Goombario are in the way again while the Resistance Fighters do all the work! I guess I know what that feels like...” Sam sympathised.

“Don’t say that Sam,” Spike assured him.

Suddenly Sam gasped, “Wait. What? How can that be the end?!” he said, but then he saw some very small text at the bottom of the page “What's... that? ‘You can... retr- ‘What? ‘You can... return...’ Urgh! Can you read that Spike?”

“Nope, that’s too small,” Spike replied, “but I know I saw a magnifying glass laying around the last time I was here...” he then got up and started to look for one.

“Sam! Spike! Where are ya two?” called Applejack.

“We're breaking for tea and biscuits!” Rarity yelled.

“Sam! Spike!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“Here you go,” Spike said, giving Sam the magnifying glass.

“Thanks bro,” Sam thanked him, and read the text, “’You can return to the place you started when Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic is... defeated.’ Huh?” Twilight and the girls heard Sam’s voice as they came closer to the reading room, “‘Take a closer look to join the adventure in this book’?”

“What does that even mean?” Spike asked. Before Sam could reply, the book began to glow, and bright light shone out of the book.

“Whoa! Cool!” they both replied.

“Spike! Sam! What are you—” Twilight said but was cut off by the bright light. Suddenly, Sam began to get sucked into the comic.

“Heeeeeelp!” Sam called as Spike grabbed a hold of him, but the vacuum was too strong a he was getting sucked in too.

“Boys!” Twilight cried out as she ran to their aid, she grabbed Spike’s tail and tried to pull him out, but she too was getting sucked in. Rainbow flew down and grabbed Twilight around the waist, but again she got pulled in, then Applejack ran out and bit down on Rainbow’s tail and tried to pull them all out, but even the strongest pony in the group couldn’t pull them out. Rarity, Fluttershy, Sunset and Trixie all gasped as they ran to aid their friends, grabbing a hold around each other’s waists, Fluttershy held on to Applejack, but it was no use. All of them got pulled into the comic.

“Weehee!” Pinkie cried as she just jumped into the comic.


Sam slowly regained consciousness as he sat up. Then he looked around to see that he was in a building. He looked over the edge and nearly had a heart attack as he was miles above the ground. He looked around some more.

“Is this the Mushtropolis?” He said out loud.

“Somepony wanna tell me what the hay is goin' on?” said a voice from behind Sam. He thought the voice belonged to Applejack in the way she spoke but when he turned his head, his jaw dropped when he saw who was standing behind him.

“Holy new personas, ponies!” he cried, “You're the... Princess Rosalina! Dixie Kong! Daisy! Rouge the Bat! Amy Rose! Cream the Rabbit! Princess Peach! Blaze the Cat! You're the... Girls of the Resistance Fighters!”

Everyone looked at each other, and they couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t that they were in their clothing, they WERE the characters from the comic.

“Ok wait,” said Rosalina, Sam guessed that it was Twilight, “everypony calm down and say who you are starting from the left.”

“It’s me Fluttershy,” said Cream.

“Ah’m Applejack,” stated Amy.

“I’m Pinkie,” said Dixie Kong.

“I’m Sunset here,” replied Peach.

“Trixie’s over here,” Blaze spoke up.

“I’m Rarity Darling!” Rouge told them.

“I’m Rainbow,” said Daisy.

“So then I’m Twilight,” Rosalina finished.

“And I’m Sam, “he told them, “But where’s Spike?”

His question was answered from some muffling from underneath him. He looked down and saw he was sitting on Goombario. Sam moved over and the flatten Goombario popped up.

“I’m guessing that’s Spike,” Rainbow said.

“correct,” Goombario assured.

Suddenly an explosion was heard down below in the ground. Everyone looked over the edge and saw smoke in front of a museum. Then came some evil laughter as the smoke cleared, to reveal Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic.

“Hello Mama Peach and your Resistance Fighter friends!” Bowser Jr called out as Metal Sonic held a special stone, “How kind of you to join us!”

“Huh?” the girls question.

“Did he just call Sunset Mama?!” Amy chuckled, making Peach blush.

“You're the... the Girls of the Resistance Fighters from my comic book!” Sam said, “It somehow zapped us all in here!”

“So somepony zap us back out!” Daisy shouted annoyed.

“My comic book! It said the way to get back to where we started was to defeat Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic! Your arch-nemeses!” Sam said.

“Time to cause some trouble,” Bowser Jr said to Metal Sonic as he pointed to a pretzel cart.

Metal Sonic understood, he gave the Electro-Stone to Bowser Jr and threw the pretzel cart up to the building with the girls, Sam, and Spike on it. He missed but then grabbed a mailbox and flew up to the rooftop, then dropped it down on Dixie. Everyone was shocked and wondered where Dixie was.

“Pinkie! Where'd she go?!” Daisy called.

“I’m right here,” Dixie said, the gang looked up to see her hovering behind them with her ponytail spinning like a helicopter blade.

“Pinkie is Dixie Kong, she can use her ponytail to hover!” said Sam.

Amy pulled out a hammer and jumped down to hit Bowser Jr, but from his clown cart, he fired a rope that wrapped around Amy and hung her on a lamp pole upside down. The more she struggled, the tighter the rope became.

Bowser Jr grinned and chuckled at his work.

“Twilight! Summon a Bullet Bill to Knock him out of his clown cart!” Sam told Rosalina.

“Do what?! How?” she asked.

“You're Rosalina! You can shoot all kinds of magical spells from your wand!”

Rosalina tried to focus and fight whatever a bullet bill was at Bowser Jr, but she only managed to summon a Bomb-omb instead. It dropped into Sam’s hands, and he threw it off the side of the building, it exploded before hitting the ground.

“I saw Bullet Bill not a Bomb-omb!” Sam exclaimed.

“I don’t know what a Bullet Bill is,” Rosalina shouted back.

“You know, I'm beginning to enjoy this,” Bowser Jr cackled as Metal Sonic threw a fire hydrant up at the building.

“Sunset, Trixie, you’re Peach and Blaze,” Sam explained, “Sunset you had a power bump attack.”

“Say no more,” Peach said as she jumped off and thrusted her rear to hit Metal Sonic out the sky, but Metal Sonic just dodged it and Peach started to fall.

“Sunset!” Trixie called out as she jumped off to protect her, but she ended up missing and smacking her face into the ground, just as Peach floated down gently.

“I thought cats were meant to land on their feet,” Peach joked.

“Be quiet,” Blaze muffled.

“Dash! Quick, catch!” Sam said lifting up Goombario’s hat and smashing a dice block, then gave her a lightning bolt, “You're Daisy, and you can use special items like this! Summon lightning to shrink them down to size!”

Daisy took the lightning bolt and reached it up to the sky, but instead of summoning lightning, she summoned a tornado.

“Lightning, not a tornado!” cried Sam, as Goombario, Rosalina, Daisy, Dixie, Cream and Rouge were all sucked up. Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic just sat back as Amy just watched, still tied up and Blaze and Peach hung on for dear life to not get sucked up.

“Fluttershy! You're Cream!” Sam shouted to her within the tornado, "You can use your ears to fly around to try and stop the tornado!”

“I can’t!” she called back, “I’m... too... scared!”

“Ugh! Rarity! Use your see if you have a gadget that could stop a tornado!” Sam yelled to her.

“Where?!” Rouge yelled back, “I can’t tell if this is my body or clothes!”

As the tornado whirled around, Sam was thrown out and hit the wall of the museum. He looked up to see that Bowser Jr wasn’t paying attention to the Electro-Stone.

“The Electro-Stone,” he muttered.

“Well, this has been quite the hair-raising experience,” Bowser Jr remarked, “But we really must be going.”

Just as he was about to fly off, Sam reached out and grabbed the Electro-Stone. He tried to sneak off, but Metal Sonic was standing in front of him, tabbing his foot with his arms crossed. He reached out a robotic hand for Sam to give him the Electro-Stone. Sam jumped in fright and just gave it to him, in fear from not being blown up.

“Why, thank you, Kooper!” Bowser Jr replied as he laughed evilly and flew off in his Koopa Clown Cart, Metal Sonic flew around him, with the Electro-Stone in his claws.

Sam finally looked at himself, and he was indeed Kooper, “I’m Kooper…” he muttered, then the tornado came back around and Kooper was sucked up into it, “Applejack! You gotta... help stop the... tornado from destroying.. the city!”

“But every time I move, this darn lasso gets tighter!” Amy complained.

“It's a cursed lasso!” Kooper called out, “if you relax, it’ll get weaker, and you’ll be able to get out!”

Amy relaxed and was able to drop onto the ground. She then used the lasso to wrap the top of the tornado making it expand and explode. Everyone laid on the ground, Blaze and Peach came running over to help, as Rouge used her wings to flutter gently to the ground.

“That was spin-tastic!” joked Dixie.

“Lemme get this straight,” Amy said, coming over to help Kooper up, “We've been sucked into some kind of comic-book world?”

“Technically, it's called Mushtropolis,” Kooper corrected her as everyone behind him tried out their powers, “And if we wanna get back to Ponyville, I think we have to stop Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic from using a doomsday device to destroy it!”

“No biggie. I was already awesome,” Daisy said in her cocky manner “And now we've all got superpowers!”

“Almost all of us have superpowers...” Sam said defeatedly.

“But you must have them too, Sammy-boo,” Rouge said, “Your character is wearing a bandana!”

“Yeah, for absolutely no reason,” Sam snapped, “All Kooper can do is hide in his shell and store everyone’s items.” He reached into his shell and pulled out Peach’s parasol, “He's pretty much useless...”

“Good thing you're not really Kooper, then,” Sunset said.

“Yeah good thing,” Kooper sarcastically remarked, “do you see a colour timer on my chest!”

“So the 8 of us Girls of the Resistance Fighters will take care of Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic and get us back to Ponyville!” Blaze declared.

“Sam, where is Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic building their doomsday device?” Rosalina asked.

“That Airship!” Kooper said pointing up at the giant airship hovering above them, “But you'd better get there quick. That glowing orb they just stole is what they're going to use to power it up!”

“Lead the way, Sam!” Amy said.

“Then leave the rest to us!” proclaimed Daisy.

Kooper sighed as he led the girls to somewhere high they could get to the Airship.


The girls, Goombario and Kooper, arrived on top of a nearby building to reach the Airship.

“This is it,” Kooper said.

“All right, Resistance Fighters, here's the plan,” Rosalina began, “Rouge, you, me and—”

“Come on out, Twerp and Tin Can!” cried out Daisy, “Or the Resistance Fighters are comin' in!” And she threw a Koopa shell at the side of the airship.

“So much for ‘element of surprise’,” sighed Rosalina as they marched forward.

“Guess we'll just hang back here doing nothing,” Kooper said as he and Goombario hid.

“Oh, I don't think they’re home,” Cream said, “Maybe we should just come back later.”

Just as soon as she said that, evil cackles echoed around. Cream ducked and hid behind Rouge, “they’re home,” she commented, as Egg-pawns and Koopa Troopas jumped down from the airship.

“Time to Power Pony up!” announced Amy as they all posed ready to fight.

“Ooh! Nice catchphrase!” Dixie remarked, as the girls split up to take down the minions.

“Freeze!” Rosalina shouted as she waved her wand around and fired a beam at a Koopa, but it just resulted in a snowball hitting it in the face. The Koopa brushed the snow off its face and continued to charge forward.

“It's an improvement, darling,” Rouge said as she flew past.

An Egg-pawn ran towards Amy and Blaze as the pink hedgehog pulled out her hammer and the purple cat set it on fire. Amy then threw the hammer at the charging Egg-pawn setting it up in a fiery explosion, the two girls high fived each other.

Dixie was just finishing eating a banana, as a Koopa came running up, but Dixie was being tricky and played jokes on the Koopa ending with her smashing a banana pie into its face. Rouge had managed to short circuit an Egg-pawn with a device she had. But when she looked up at the Airship, she saw a cannon pointing right at her. A Bullet Bill was shot at her, Rouge didn’t know what to do, but Peach jumped in and swung her parasol like a baseball bat and hit the bullet bill right back at the airship, and up the cannon that shot it, exploding it.

“Ooh, I do so love an object that can be used for other purposes!” Rouge remarked.

A Koopa was running towards a scared Cream, until a blue spiny Koopa shell came flying down and struck it. Cream looked behind her to see that Daisy had thrown that shell.

“Nice work, Resistance Fighters!” called out Rosalina once when the Koopas and Egg-pawns were taken care of, “Now let's take care of Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic and get ourselves home!”

“I don't think so!” came Bowser Jr’s voice from on top of the Airship, “I have a city to destroy, and I'm not about to let you Resistance dummies stop me! Not this time!”

“Just watch us!” Daisy said as she charged forward. Suddenly Bowser Jr pulled out a blue flower with eyes and pointed it at Daisy.

“An Ice Flower!” cried Kooper, “it traps you in a block of ice and renders your powers useless!”

But it was too late. Bowser Jr used the Ice Flower on Daisy, trapping her in a block of ice.

“We'll just see about that!” Peach remarked as she, Rosalina, Amy, Blaze, Rouge, and Dixie ran forward, all ready to attack. But Bowser Jr just simply used it on the girls, freezing them in blocks of ice.

Bowser Jr just laughed and some more Koopas and Egg-pawns landed on the top of the building. From behind a vent, Kooper, Goombario and Cream peaked out feeling nervous. Kooper and Goombario noticed she was hiding.

“Fluttershy, please! You need to help them!” Kooper said.

“Well, I would if I wasn’t so terrified!” Cream remarked.

Suddenly she was frozen by Metal Sonic holding the Ice Flower. Two Egg-pawns grabbed her and moved her away as Metal Sonic pointed the Ice Flower at Kooper and Goombario.

“Don’t spray!” cried Goombario as they braced for it.

“Oh, you defected minion,” Bowser Jr said, “why in all of the Mushroom Kingdom would we use an Ice Flower on you two? Rather pointless, don't you think? Come on Metal, they aren’t worth it.”

Kooper and Goombario watch helplessly as Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic order their minions to take the girls of the Resistance Fighters prisoner. Once they were on board the airship, it turned and started to fly away, Kooper and Goombario ran out of hiding as Kooper stepped into a bucket getting his foot stuck.


Kooper and Goombario just stood on the building, Goombario was pacing and Kooper just stood still feeling more useless than ever.

“Sam what are we going to do?!” Goombario shouted.

“I don’t know,” Kooper replied, feeling defeated.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Goombario now sounded more concerned for his bro than worried for his friends.

“I’m useless, Spike,” Kooper said, “What am I supposed to do? I'm useless. They're the ones with superpowers. They've probably already figured out how to escape. I’m just there for support and comic relief.”

“That’s not true,” Goombario told him, “you save the day all the time back home.”

“But I had my Ultrasuit,” Kooper said, “and I don’t have it now. I can’t do anything right.”

“It’s not like we can contact someone to help us,” Goombario sighed.

Suddenly Kooper’s face lit up. “Spike. You are a genius!” he exclaimed as he reached into his shell and pulled out a radio. “Hello, is anyone there?”

After a few seconds, the radio clicked, and a voice answered. “This is Silver the Hedgehog, what’s up Koops?” replied the voice.

“Help! Peach and the others have been frozen by Bowser Jr and are now prisoners on an Airship!” cried Kooper.

“Ok keep calm,” Silver replied, “I’ll send help as soon as possible. For now, try and get onto the Airship undetected and see what you can do to stop it.”

“Right,” replied Kooper and cut the Radio.

“Ok so how do we get to the Airship?” Goombario asked.

Kooper thought, then he had an idea. He took off Goombario’s hat and smashed the Dice block twice and two feathers floated down. The both touched them and grew wings, the two then flew to the Airship and into an open air vent. They crawled around a little bit, but then fell out of the bottom of the air vent which gave way. Kooper and Goombario found themselves in the lower deck of the Airship, where the girls were locked up in a cage and the Doomsday device underneath a giant cloth.

“What was that about they’re probably already figured out how to escape?” Goombario whispered.

“I was in a mood,” Kooper replied, as they heard Bowser Jr speak. Metal Sonic had used his claws to heat up and melt the ice around their faces.

“Congratulations, Resistance Fighters!” he laughed, “You shall live just long enough to see me fire... the instrument of your destruction!” Metal Sonic pulled the cloth off the Doomsday device. “Once the Electro-Stone and this Chaos Emerald have powered it up completely, this cannon will expel an energy blast that will cause everyone in both the Mushroom Kingdom and Mobius into Koopas and robots! You will be the weapon's first victims, and there is no one who can save you from this fate!” He finished by letting off an evil laugh, Kooper and Goombario felt really nervous but then Cream spoke up.

“Ahem. I don't mean to interrupt but aren't you forgetting about somepony?” she asked quietly.

“Kooper and Goombario? Little guys? Defected Minions? No superpowers whatsoever?” Bowser Jr laughed again, “they’re utterly useless! Puh-lease. Everyone knows you just keep them around because you feel sowwy for them. Wah. Wah.” He spoke in a mocking tone.

“Maybe in your world. But in our world, Sam, and Spike—” Rosalina said before correcting herself, “uh, Kooper and Goombario always come through when we need them! Always!” The rest of the girls agreed as a tear fell from Kooper and Goombario’s eyes.

“I'm not like Kooper! When my family really needs me, I do come through! And they need me now!” Kooper said.

“I see dementia must be a side-effect of prolonged exposure to the Ice Flower,” Bowser Jr said, then thinking it that really possible, before turning to the Koopas and Egg-pawns, “Tonight, we stand upon the brink of world domination, for we collectively—thought, mostly me and Metal—have finally defeated Papa and the Doctor’s most hated nemeses! We have hurled the brush of badness into the now fearful face of goodness and have struck a blow for freedom in the name of oppression! And nothing will stop us!”

As Bowser Jr monologues to the minions in true villain fashion, Kooper and Goombario ensnares some of the Koopas in a large tarp. Then Kooper swung to his family and using an Ice Flower, froze the Egg-Pawns.

“Way to go, Sam and Spike,” Rosalina called out, as Goombario, with a Fire Flower in his mouth, unfrozen the girls. Rouge used one of her gadgets to explode a hole in the cage freeing them all. Everyone jumped out of the cage ready to fight.

“Tag you're it! Tag you're it! Tag you're it! Tag you're it!” Dixie laughed as she zipped around the room, throwing banana skins at the Koopas.

“Over there! There! There! Idiots!” Bowser Jr shouted.

Rosalina waved her wand around and fired three bullet bills at three Egg-pawns blowing them up. Daisy used another lighting bolt and created another smaller tornado, it whipped around the Airship sucking up Koopas and Egg-pawns with ease.

“Need a place to put these guys!” Daisy cried. Rouge heard and using one of her gadgets, she spawned three cages, which the tornado threw the Koopas and Egg-pawns into.

Some of the Koopas were trying to escape, but Amy spotted them. “Hold it right there, partner!” she said as she lassoed them all in the cursed Lasso and threw it up and around a beam on the roof.

From on top of some steps Kooper and Goombario watched the battle from a safe distance. Suddenly Metal Sonic landed behind them and pinned them to the floor with his claws around their necks.

“Hey, you metal bucket!” cried a voice, Metal Sonic turned to face who spoke to see Peach and Blaze. Blaze fired a fireball and Peach, using the ice Flower, made a ball of water that splashed down onto Metal Sonic causing him to short circuit.

“Thanks, girls,” Goombario replied.

“Don’t mention it,” Peach said as they ran off back into the battle with the Koopas and Egg-pawns. Kooper and Goombario then just noticed that Cream wasn’t in the battle. They looked around and they saw her leaving the lower deck.

“Fluttershy, where are you going?” called Kooper.

“You seem to have everything under control,” Cream remarked.

“Fluttershy, we need you! You have to power up!” Goombario told her.

“I'm sorry, it's just that nothing is making me mad,” Cream winced.

As Cream, Kooper and Goombario were talking, Bowser Jr used the cannon to fire at Cream. Suddenly, a small firefly blocked his view. Annoyed Bowser Jr crawled over the cannon and flicked the firefly away. The firefly flew fast and smacked against the wall. Cream gasped and ran to the little insect.

“Oh, goodness! Are you okay?” she spoke softly to the firefly, which it responded by giving her a weak smile, finally enraged by this, Cream turned to face Bowser Jr, “Are you kidding me? I mean, I know you're evil and everything, but you hurt a teensy, little, harmless firefly?! Really?! Well you're just a small, pathetic, meanie!” Bowser Jr wasn’t expecting that from the rabbit. Kooper quickly and quietly, smacked Goombario’s dice block, it spawned a mega Mushroom, Kooper grabbed it and threw it to hit Cream. It was absorbed by her, “There! I said it! What makes you think you're so special?! Like the rules of common courtesy don't apply to you?! Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?!” As she spoke, she grew bigger and bigger, and her voice grew deeper, until she was giant. She screamed in fury but in how low her voice was it sounded like a roar.

Panicking, Bowser Jr fired the cannon at Cream, but she just swatted it back striking Bowser Jr and making him go flying off the cannon. Cream grabbed the cannon and tore it in half, and then jumped on it, destroying it to almost nothing. She stopped rampaging once she looked down at her friends and saw their shocked looks and chuckled nervously.

As Bowser Jr was a Koopa, the beam had no effect on him. The Airship gently hovered in the sky until a Koopa in a blue robe saw what the girls did, and without saying anything, teleported Bowser Jr, Metal Sonic, and the Koopas away. Just then a blue hedgehog, a man in blue and red overalls, and a few others around.

“What-a happened here?” Mario asked.

“We saved the day,” Kooper replied.

“I’d say,” Sonic remarked, “good job Koops.”

Daisy had gone over to get the Electro-Stone and Chaos Emerald. But once she picked up the Emerald, it started to glow.

“Guys!” she called them all over, “I think it can help us get back home.”

“Everyone one touches it,” Rosalina said. Everyone did, suddenly their eyes all glowed white and they all collapsed to the ground.


Back in Equestria, the comic glowed and spat the girls, Sam and Spike out of it and they landed on the floor with a thud.

“Awesome!” cried Rainbow.

“Whoo-ee!” yelled Applejack. And everyone else cheered to be back home, Sam just sighed that he was home.

“Did you see how I was raining down a storm of justice at the end there?!” exclaimed Rainbow.

“You catch how I was wieldin' that lasso?” asked Applejack.

“Banana?” asked Pinkie as she held out a tray of bananas.

“How did you—” questioned Rarity.

“I found them in my mane,” Pinkie replied.

“I'm just glad to be back,” Spike remarked.

“We wouldn't have made it without you, Sam and Spike,” Sunset said, “And I hope you realise that just because we don't always need your help, it doesn't mean that we don't think you're helpful.”

“And that you don't have to have superpowers to be a super friend,” Sam remarked.

A chorus of, ‘Mm-hmm!’, ‘Yeah!’, and ‘You got it!’, answered his statement.

“But I do have one question,” Twilight said, “That was a comic book from your earth, so why did we get sucked into the comic book?”

“Maybe when I arrived here, the magic in this world must have enchanted it,” Sam suggested, “or maybe because I got it at a store that sold Enchanted Comics and other stuff.”

“Aw come on!” groaned the girls.

“I thought it just meant, like, the comics they sold there had really enchanting storylines!” Sam said but noticed that everyone was leaving, “Hey, wait up! I'm an important part of this team, remember?!” Sam grabbed his comic and ran after them.

Author's Note:

sup y'all hope you liked this chapter

if you couldn't tell this is a re-write of the Power Ponies episode. This and the next two and more filler chapters to push the story on a bit. the next two being Bats, and Rarity takes Manehatten. then, we'll meet a new major character that'll be important to the story and was foreshadowed by Sam's mother in an earlier chapter.

PreviousChapters Next