• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,155 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,155

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Rarity Takes Manehatten (Edited)

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville, as the Mane Six, Spike and Emily made their way to the train station platform. Sam wasn’t with them as he was needed in Ponyville, a monster has been emerging, rampaging and then disappears for no clear reason yet. Plus it gave him a chance to have some father, son time with Sunset. Even though she’s not a stallion.

The Mane Six, Emily and Spike are about to board the train to Manehattan, with Rarity excited about Fashion Week and her friends tagging along to support her.

“There you are, Rarity!” said Spike, as he pushed a trolley with all of Rarity’s luggage in it, “That's the last of your bags.”

“Actually, Spike, I've got one last pile of bags, over there,” Rarity said pointing motioning to another pile of bags, Twilight just rolled her eyes, “Won't you be a dear?” She said that while fluttering her eyes.

“Sure... I'll be a dear...” Spike said as he walked over to the pile.

“Simp,” Emily remarked.

“Would you mind giving me a claw?” Spike asked.

“Ugh fine,” Emily grunted.

“An entire week in the fabulous city of Manehattan!” Rarity said, “Plus, all of my very best friends are there with me!”

“Of course we'd all come along to support you during Fashion Week, Rarity!” Twilight told her.

“Not that you'll need it,” Fluttershy assured her, “We're sure you'll win.”

“I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that you'll all be there with me!” Rarity squealed, “However... Perhaps I can show you...” She opened one of her bags and revealed to them all the tickets.

“What's that?” Twilight asked.

“Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know! A paper fan!” exclaimed Pinkie.

“No, it's—” Rarity tried to say but Pinkie cut her off.

“A magic trick!” she shouted, “You know, where I pick a card and remember what it is and then you put it back in the deck so you can't look at it and—”

“These are tickets to the hottest musical on Bridleway!” Rarity told her friends.

“You couldn't mean Hinny of the Hills...” Twilight yelled, “because that show's been sold out for months! Or could you?!”

“I could. I do,” Rarity replied.

“Oh, Rarity, you didn't have to do that, but... since you did...” Twilight said before they all began to cheer for her, while poor Spike and Emily kept piling up all Rarity’s luggage.

“This trip is fun already!” Pinkie cried, “I love jumping up and down! Whee-hee!”


The Train travelled down the track and over the bridge towards Manehattan, the girls soon got off the train and entered the streets of the busy city, with poor Spike and Emily struggling in the back with all Rarity’s bags.

“Come along, ponies!” Rarity said, “I found us a place to stay only a block from the train station in the very heart of this glorious metropolis!”

Rarity led the group down the street, with Spike and Emily taking up the rear.

“Hey, look! That's the theatre where Hinny of the Hills is playin'!” Applejack pointed out. A chorus of oohs flew over the group.

“Wow, Rarity! How'd you manage to get us seats for tomorrow night?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, I gave some designs to the costume designer, so he pulled a few strings,” Rarity told her.

“Cool!” Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash remarked at once.

“That is what makes Manehattan so splendid and amazing,” Rarity said, “You do something nice for somepony, and then you never know when they'll do something nice for you!”

“So then you can do something nice for us!” Applejack said.

“Like get us in to see Hinny of the Hills!” Fluttershy chimed in.

“Which is only the best musical in all of Equestria!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“It must be good if Rainbow Dash is impressed,” Applejack joked, “Normally she doesn't even like musicals.”

“I know. Ponies just bursting into song in random places at the drop of a hat? Who does that?” she asked.

As if it was planned, Rarity burst into song.

Oh, Manehattan, what you do to me
Such a huge bustling community
And there's always opportunity
To do the friendly thing

If some are grouchy, pay no mind
Surprise instead with something kind
Lo and behold, you may just find
A smile is what you bring

“Welcome to the Manefair Hotel!” said a pony named Luggage Cart as the ponies came to the hotel they were staying at, “Please allow me to take those bags to your room for you!”

“Only if you'll accept this gratuity first,” Rarity said as she levitated a gem to him.

“Oh-ho-ho!” Luggage Cart stuttered in surprise, “I'll get your change!”

“Do keep it all,” Rarity told him, “I insist!”

Generosity, I'm here to show all that I can give
Generosity, I'm here to set the bar
Just sit back and watch how I live

“After you,” Rarity said to a tourist named Lucky Clover, letting him look through the binoculars.

“Why, thank you,” he replied.

“Please, take mine,” Rarity said, giving a pony named Wisp her scarf.

“Wow, okay,” he thanked her.

Some may say, "Rarity,
Don't be so big-hearted and bold
Treating strangers like they're friends
This town's too big and cold"

But this is how I play my cards
I'm not about to fold
Where I see a frown, I go to town
Call me the smile patrol

Oh, Manehattan, what you do to us

What if you find a Gloomy Gus?

It's no intimidatin' thing

Just be kind without a fuss

Generosity, I'm here to show all that I can do
Generosity, you are the key
Manehattan, I'm here just for you
Just for you

“To think my dresses could soon be displayed on the most glamorous shopping thoroughfare of the most glamorous city in Equestria!” Rarity said, “Oh, it would be my dream come true!”

“Is there anything left to do we can help you with?” Twilight asked.

“Hm, nothing I can think of,” Rarity replied, “The dresses are all completely finished, all made from a fabulous new fabric I've been developing for months. Stretchy, but not clingy. Shimmery, but not showy.”

“Sounds amazing,” said Fluttershy.

“There's nothing left for me to do but check in at the runway with my dresses by two this afternoon,” Rarity said.

“Oh, that's funny,” Pinkie said, “Because that clock over there makes it seem like that's only ten minutes from now!” As if by magic, rain clouds started to roll in and the rain soon poured down.

“Oh, my ribbons and threads. And the runway ballroom is all the way across town!” exclaimed Rarity, “If I don't get there, I'm disqualified! Taaaaxiii!” as she dashed off.

“Oh, no! We've gotta help her find a cab now!” Fluttershy cried.

“I'm on it!” Rainbow declared, as she darted off and landed on the roof of a taxi cab, “Hey, buddy! Is this cab taken?”

“The line ends back there, ‘buddy’!” said the pony in the cab, who’s name was Cherry Fizzy. He pointed to a long line of ponies wanting to get a cab.

“Huh? What?” Rainbow questioned, “Does everypony in this town want a cab?”

“I'm afraid getting a taxi at this time could prove almost impossible!” Rarity said.

“Please won't you let her have this taxi?” Twilight asked a business pony “She has somewhere very important to be right away!”

“Not likely!” he replied, “She can get in line like the rest of us!” This caused all the other ponies to complain.

“Oh, it's no use!” Twilight sighed as she sat down on the curve, Applejack and Rainbow joined her, “The cab drivers just drive right past to get to the next pony in line!”

Just then, out of nowhere, a taxi pulled up alongside the group, it was Pronto, a pony they helped out during the song. “New wheel works like a charm!” he said, “So now which of you nice folks are hoppin' in?”

“Fashion runway plaza in seven minutes,” Rarity said as she climbed in, “Can you make it?”

“Hang on!” Pronto said as Rarity waved, ta-ta, to her friends, he dashed off to the Fashion runway plaza.

“Whew, that was close,” Emily remarked, Twilight and everyone all agreed.

“Anypony else got a sneaking suspicion we're forgetting something?” Spike asked. Everyone thought, then it clicked.

“The dresses!” they all shouted.


Rarity soon arrived at the Fashion runway plaza, she ran into reception out of breath.

“Good afternoon, I'm here for Fashion Week!” she told the pony at the desk who had her back to Rarity and was typing away.

“Everypony's gathered in front of the runway and about to start, so you'll just have to bring your dresses along with you and store them backstage later,” the pony who was called Janine Manewitz.

“My– My dresses! How could I possibly forget them?!” Rarity cried, “I'm dooooomed!”

“Got 'em right here, ma'am!” Luggage Cart said as he came into the room, with all of Rarity dresses, “Your friends told me you need these in a hurry, so I offered to race 'em over myself. ‘Anything for that nice mare,’ I told 'em!”

“You're a lifesaver!” Rarity said, in a hurry she pushed her dresses away and gave Luggage Cart a gem.

“I made it!” Rarity announced as she dashed into the main hall, “And with seconds to spare! Hello, everypony. Pleased to meet you all.” She greeted the other ponies that were there.

“Rarity, I presume,” came a voice, Rarity looked up to see a grey pony with a pink mane and tail.

“You must be Prim Hemline, the host of this grand event,” Rarity greeted, “How do you—?”

“Miss Rarity, how is it that all your competitors are here half an hour early, and yet you arrive seconds before we begin?” Prim Hemline questioned.

“Uhhhh...” Rarity chuckled nervously, “Just... lucky, I guess.”

“Once we're done here, you're to finish setting up backstage, so you'll be ready for your run-through appointment. You show your designs last. We keep to a precise schedule, so let's try to be more than a few seconds early, hmm?” Prim Hemline said turning to Rarity, “Tomorrow is the contest to see which one of you gets to stay to meet top designers all across the city. The rest of you must go home early. So sad. Dismissed!”

“I'm so glad you made it, Rarity!” chuckled a voice as the other ponies dashed off. The pony speaking was pink with a purple mane and tail with three buttons for a cutie mark.

“Me too, but everything just seems to keep working out!” Rarity replied.

“Don't you remember me?” the pony asked, “Suri Polomare from the Ponyville Knitters League?”

“Oh, yes, of course, of course! I– I thought you looked familiar, but I couldn't place it,” Rarity responded, “You haven't been back in years!”

“Because I moved here to make it in the big city,” Suri Polomare laughed, “okay?”

“Oh, good for you, Sur—” Rarity tried to say but Suri cut her off by running up and giving her a hug.

“Ooh, it's so good to see you! And now here we are, competing!” Suri laughed again, “okay?”

“Yes, yes. Well, good luck!” Rarity stated as Suri let go of her.

“Oh, I don't need luck,” Suri Polomare declared, “Would you like a hoof with your things?”

“Why, thank you so much!” Rarity replied.

Suri Polomare followed Rarity backstage to show her her dresses. "My, your collection is gorgeous!” Suri remarked.

“Oh now, I'm sure your collection is equally lovely, if not more so!” Rarity assured her.

“It's alright, but nothing like this! Take my culottes, for example – they are simply crying out for just the right accent, but I haven't the slightest notion where I—” Suri said but gasped upon touching my Rarity's dresses, “Actually... just a touch of this fabric could be perfect with it. W– Oh, hey, would you mind terribly if I took a swatch?”

“Oh, not at all!” Rarity said, giving Suri Polomare some of the fabric she used, “Here, I have loads extra.”

“You're sure?” Suri asked.

“Positive! Oh, well, it's been wonderful getting caught up, and I don't wish to be rude, but I must finish my preparations and I am a bit late as it... is?” Rarity spoke but when she turned back around, Suri was gone.

The next day, Rarity checks in at the plaza for her run-through with Prim. She had managed to bring Emily with her, who had a scarf wrapped around her to keep warm, and she carried a cup of coffee to help stay awake.

“Hello! I'm here half an hour early for my run-through appointment, just the way Prim likes!” Rarity said entering the reception.

“Get in line over there,” Janine Manewitz said pointing to a line at door, she turned around and saw Rarity’s dresses, “Oh my, that fabric gorgeous, did you make that yourself?”

“Oh, why, yes,” Rarity replied, “It's stretchy, but not clingy. Shimmery—”

“Shimmery, but not showy. And the entire line is in the same adorable pattern. It works on everything from skirts to tops to shoes and…” came Suri Polomare’s voice, Rarity looked as saw Suri Polomare presenting dresses in the fabrics that Rarity gave her and taking the credit that it was her who made the fabric.

“Oh, bravo! I've never seen anything like it!” Prim Hemline said.

“You stole my fabric!” exclaimed Rarity.

“You did what?!” cried Emily.

“I didn't steal it, okay?” Suri laughed, “You gave it to me, 'member?”

“You did what?!” Emily shouted.

“I gave you the fabric for accents! Not for your whole line!” Rarity shouted back at Suri Polomare, “And how could you possibly make all of those outfits out of it so fast?!”

“Fast? Hah! Coco Pommel here took practically forever,” Suri bragged, “Nearly got me completely disqualified.”

“Well, I wanted to make sure you'd win, so I took the extra time to-" Coco Pommel said but was cut off by Suri rather harshly. Coco Pommel was a light beige pony with a light blue mane and tail and a hat for a cutie mark.

“Quiet!” Suri Polomare shouted, “I pay an assistant to sew and get coffee, not talk. 'Kay?”

“How could this happen?” Rarity gasped.

“Aw, sweetie, don't blame yourself,” Suri tried to act all sweet, but her kindness made Emily growl, “It takes some small-town fillies a while to learn it's everypony for herself in the big city, m'kay? Oh and no pets in the plaza.”

Rarity then dashed out of the room, Emily ran after her but not before hissing at Suri Polomare.

“I’m not a pet,” she rustled before running after Rarity.

“Hope you realise how fortunate you are to have me as a mentor,” Suri said to Coco, “Now get me some coffee!” Coco startled, and then dashed off to make Suri a coffee.


Later that afternoon, Twilight Sparkle and the other ponies return to their Manehattan hotel room after an afternoon of fun.

“Oh, my gosh, what a great afternoon!” Twilight said, “That was almost too much fun!”

“Better pace yourself, 'cause the rest of the day is jam-packed!” Rainbow Dash warned.

“First there's the salon appointment to get our manes done,” Applejack said.

“Then our fancy dinner at the Far-Afield Tavern!” Pinkie responded.

“And after that...” Fluttershy stated.

“Hinny of the Hills!” all five of them yelled as they jumped in the air and then laughed. Spike walked in carrying the stuff they had bought.

Then Rarity came trotting in, her mane a mess and her eyes still watering. Emily came in after her, trying to both comfort her and trying to hide her anger. Rainbow was the first to stop laughing and get up, her smile dropped to a worried expression upon seeing Rarity.

“Is... everything okay?” she asked concerned, the rest calmed down and felt worried for Rarity too.

“You got the dresses the bellhop brought you and everything, right?” Pinkie asked.

Rarity just walked to her bed and bawled her eyes out. Emily ran over to comfort her.

“But he said he brought them,” Rainbow said, mentioning Luggage Cart bringing them to her.

“And then Suri stole them!” Rarity cried, “I let one of the other contestants use some of my one-of-a-kind fabric, and then she turned it into a wardrobe just like mine, only now it looks like I'm the one copying her! My generosity has ruined me, I tell you! Ruined!” She began to cry louder.

“Now, Rarity, whatever went wrong, we're all here to help you get through it, no matter what it takes,” Twilight assured her, to which everyone agreed.

“Come on, Rarity, buck up!” Applejack assured her, “All we need is some fabric and you'll be back in business!”

Rarity started to look around the room, at the curtains, at the rug, and the bedding. She suddenly got an idea.

“This new line is going to be marvellous!” Rarity said, cheering up, “Perhaps even better than the last! It's daring, it's bold! Perhaps I still have a chance after all!”

Everyone was happy to help her and see her happy as well. But later, their smiles had turned to frowns as they tried to make the dresses. And Rarity was now getting really bossy and demanding now. The ponies were scared that if Rarity saw they made at least one mistake, she would snap. They had to miss their trip to the salon and dinner for this.

“Twilight! Sew these pieces together according to that pattern there!” Rarity bossed.

“You said if we skipped dinner at the Far-Afield Tavern, you'd order a meal for us while we keep working,” Twilight said, as she and the others were getting hungry.

“Don't fret. It'll be here in an hour,” Rarity told her, “That's not going to be a problem, is it?”

“Well, we're supposed to be watching Hinny of the Hills by then...” Rainbow Dash bravely spoke. This seemed to make Rarity finally snap.

“Oh! I see! I go out of my way to get you tickets for a show, and this is how you repay me? By abandoning me in my hour of need?” Rarity retorted, everyone just lowered their heads, “Oh, oh, oh! Fine! Go and see Hinny of the Hills tonight! And then tomorrow morning when you come to see my fashion show without any fashion to show, you can have more entertainment! ‘Oh, why look, there's our friend Rarity going down in flames! Isn't friendship magic?!’”

“Rarity, calm down,” Twilight tried to tell her, “What's gotten into you?”

“What's gotten into you?! Oh, go ahead! See your little show! Congratu-pony-lations, fillies! Sounds like you've all figured out already it's everypony for herself in this town!” Rarity shouted in anger and dashed out the room.

No one knew what to say or do now. They didn’t mean to upset her, now they were even more nervous for her. Even Emily was now concerned.

“I sorry girls,” she apologised, “she’s just really upset that Suri stole her fabric and claimed it as her own. Heck, Suri Polomare didn’t even make them.”

“What do you mean?” Applejack asked.

“Her assistance made them all last night,” Emily said, “from our brief interaction with them this morning, Suri must have bossed Coco around as well and cares nothing for her. As long as the outfits are what she wants and she has a coffee, she’ll claim it as all her work.”

“Oh dear, poor Coco,” Fluttershy remarked.

“Emily, could you go make sure that Rarity is ok?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, I’ll go,” Emily said as she walked out to the door, “Man, if Sam was here he would cover his ears from her yelling.” And she left to calm down Rarity. Everyone just looked at each other with sadness as they all went back to work, knowing very well that they’ll miss Hinny in the Hills.

The next morning, Twilight and Applejack put the finishing touches on the last dress. The ponies have had no sleep whatsoever, and they looked and felt shattered.

“There,” Twilight said tiredly, “That's the last of them.”

“Finally!” cried Rarity as she dashed past them and out the door with her new dresses and headed to the plaza, without bothering to thank her friends for their help.

“You're welcome!” called Twilight annoyed.

The Fashion show was in full swing, Suri Polomare had just finished presenting ‘her’ dresses.

“Let's have another round of applause for Suri Polomare's amazing collection,” Prim Hemline called out, the crowd cheered for Suri, “That fabric! So original!”

Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes as Suri Polomare came backstage and saw her glaring at her.

“Well look who's here,” Suri Polomare remarked cockily, “Here to show off your copycat collection, mm? Heh.”

“And now, Rarity from Ponyville with her brand new line – and I mean "brand new" – Hotel Chic,” announced Prim Hemline.

A pony modeller came out wearing a dress with a hat similar to a lamp shade, keys as a waistband and a bar of soup on the front. Famous ponies like Photo Finish, Sapphire Shores and Hoity Toity were amongst the crowd, and they were very impressed. As well as the other ponies. More pony modellers came walking out on the catwalk showing off the dresses made from stuff from the hotel room.

“Oh! They're liking it! I think I may have just won this thing!” Rarity said to herself, “Oh, I can't wait to celebrate with... My friends,” she then just realised as she looked to the crowd and saw a large empty space where her friends should have been, “They didn't come. What have I done?”


Cameras flashed and ponies cheered and Rarity’s dresses, even Prim Hemline was impressed with Rarity’s work.

“Rarity, they all adore you!” she said, “Aren't you going to tell them about your fabulous pieces?”

But Rarity didn’t hear her, she looked to where her friends should be, as her eyes flicked with a rainbow-coloured aura.

“I have to go!” she cried as she then suddenly dashed on to the catwalk.

“Come back at once,” Prim Hemline called to Rarity as she pushed one of the ponies out the way as she jumped off the catwalk and ran out the hall. The ponies in the crowd gasped at this. “This is unheard of!” cried Prim Hemline in shock.

Rarity ran all the way back to the hotel, where she passed Luggage Cart moving some luggage.

“How do you do, ma'am?” he greeted warmly, “Contest going well?”

“No time to talk,” Rarity replied, “I have to find my friends!”

“Oh, uh, they're gone already,” Luggage Cart replied, “I saw them headed out this morning, along with a lizard standing on her back legs.”

“Oh, no! Back to Ponyville, I imagine,” Rarity said, defeated and sad, “Oh, they worked so hard on my behalf! And I repaid them with unkindness. What have I done?!” She started to run to the train station but stopped and levitated some gem shards to Luggage Cart, “Oh... here you are.”

“But miss, I– I didn't do anything!” he called out confusedly.

Rain soon started to pour down once again. Rarity dejectedly walks through the wet streets of Manehattan, singing about her sorrows.

Oh, Manehattan, what have I done?
The thought of Fashion Week was fun
But I went way too far
My friends gave to me in ways so kind
And I gave them nothing but a hard time

And now alone I stand
And now alone I stand


Rarity soon returned to the plaza, Janine Manewitz had her back turned to Rarity and her expression seemed rather sad. “I need a moment with Prim Hemline,” Rarity told her, “I have to rush back to Ponyville, but I just wanted to thank her first for—”

“Uh-uh-uh, you'd best steer clear of Prim for a while,” came Suri’s voice from behind Rarity, she turned around to see Suri and Coco walking up, “She's pretty furious. Isn't that right?”

“Um... yes,” was all Coco said.

Just then the door opened and in came Twilight, and the rest, with Spike and Emily.

“There you all are!” Rarity cried with joy, “I can't believe it, I thought you went back home!”

“We missed the show because we overslept,” Twilight told her, “Suri told us you lost. I'm really sorry.”

“I lost?” Rarity asked, a little sad, but she shook it off, “You know what? I don't even care. I'm just happy you're all still here after how I treated you. Taking advantage of your friendship the way I did. How could you ever see past it?”

“Yeah, you were pretty rotten,” Applejack said bluntly.

“Wow, Applejack,” retorted Rainbow, “I know your thing is honesty, but come on!”

“Yeah seriously,” Emily remarked, “ouch.”

“Last night we may not have seen you at your best, but we know you,” Twilight told her as they all came in to give Rarity a hug, “And we would never let one thing like that change how we feel about you.”

“Oh, thank you! You really are the most wonderful friends a pony could have!” Rarity replied as they made their way out the plaza, “You know, I already arranged to make it up to you this afternoon! Hope you're all available for an exclusive performance of Hinny of the Hills!” The ponies cheered happily as Suri and Coco watched them walk down the street.

“And that is how it's done. Pretty clever how I convinced her to stay away from Prim, wasn't it?,” chuckled Suri, “Wouldn't have wanted her to find out the truth now, would we?”

The Hinny of the Hills was coming to an end and the Mane 6 plus Spike and Emily enjoyed every moment of it.

“Wow! That was even better than I imagined!” cried Applejack.

“I loved it!” yelled Rainbow, before realising what she said and tried to play it cool, “Uh, I mean, it was a'ight.” Applejack and Pinkie just laughed.

“How did you ever get them to agree to do an extra performance just for us?” Twilight asked.

“Remember my costume designer friend who got me the tickets?” questioned Rarity, “Well, I offered to make all the costumes for his next show!”

“Um, here in Manehattan?” asked Fluttershy.

“Well, um... yes... it will keep me away from Ponyville for a while,” Rarity replied to the rest of them, who all just sighed, “But I so wanted you to see this show! And working for this designer is such a great opportunity!”

“We know. We're happy for you, Rarity,” Applejack replied, “We're just sad for us.”

“Mind if I join you?” came a voice, even one turned around to see Coco Pommel walk into the theatre.

“Sure. Come on down,” Rarity said, Coco made her way down to the girls, and pulled out a trophy, “This is the first place trophy for Fashion Week.” Rarity then gasped at what it read at the bottom, “With my name on it! But I thought I lost!”

“You didn't. You won,” Coco replied as Rarity took the trophy, “Suri was hoping that if you didn't claim your prize, the judges would consider it a forfeit and first place would go to her. So she lied to make you and your friends go away, and, well, I lied too.” Coco’s voice started to be filled with more and more sorrow, “I've worked for Suri for so long, I started to believe that it really is everypony for herself in this town. Until I saw how generous you were with your friends and how generous they were with you. It made me start believing there was something better for me out there. So, I– I quit. I brought you something to say thank you.”

Coco gave Rarity a small blue box. “Hm. I suppose you'll need a job now that you're no longer with Suri,” Rarity said, “How would you like to work for my friend making all the costumes for his next show?” Coco didn’t say anything, she just smiled as her eyes lit up.

Later Rarity and her friends wave goodbye to Coco Pommel at the train station and return to Ponyville. Later, at Carousel Boutique, Rarity writes down the lesson she learned in the friendship journal.

‘Manehattan was simply grand. It was in this magnificent metropolis that I learned that, while there are ponies who will take advantage of your generosity, you should never, ever let that cause you to abandon your generous spirit. Nothing feels worse than taking advantage of the giving nature of your friends.’

Once she finished, she opened Coco's parting gift, it was a spool of rainbow-coloured thread. She puts it on her shelf with six other spools that match the Mane Six's coat colours.

“Now, let’s go and properly meet Sam’s new friend,” Rarity said as she walked out the room. As she turns to leave and close the door, the rainbow thread then emits a strange glow. As to who this new friend of Sam is, well you’ll just have to wait until the next chapter.

Author's Note:

Sup guys

hope you like this chapter; I know that I'm excited for the next one. I can finally start what I had planned for a long time.

and I know one of you is going to be rather happy to know what or rather who is coming next chapter. But as Edward says in the Stories of Sodor, 'That's a story for another day.'

PreviousChapters Next