• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,154 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,154

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41: A New Threat Has Risen (Edited)

No matter how long ago it was, Sam, Twilight, Spike and Sunset still remember what happened in the human world/Sunset’s former home. But they weren’t the only ones that witnessed what happened that night. Six moons ago to the present day, on the night of the Fall Formal, angry voices could be heard shouting from inside a café. Numerous café patrons were arguing among themselves, as they did, a strange green mist swirled around their feet and travelled to a corner booth at the back of the café. In that corner booth, three girls in hoodies were singing harmoniously and absorbing the green mist into the red gems on their necklaces.

“That was barely worth the effort, Adagio,” remarked one girl, as she took off her hoodie, the girl had pink skin and purple hair with tear streaks done up in two large ponytails, “I'm tired of fast food. I need a meal.”

“The energy in this world isn't the same as in Equestria, Aria,” the second pointed out as she pulled down her hood, this girl has yellow skin, and puffy orange hair with yellow streak, “We can only gain so much power here.”

“Ugh! I wish we'd never been banished to this awful place!” the girl known as Aria stated.

“Really? I love it here!” the girl known as Adagio said sarcastically.

“For realsies?” questioned the third girl, she had blue skin, with light blue hair with dark blue streaks done up in a ponytail, she was also a little on the dim sight, “Because I think this place is the worst.”

“I think you're the worst, Sonata,” scoffed Aria.

“Oh, yeah? Well, I think you're…” the girl known as Sonata tried to reply but Adagio cut her off.

“Ergh! I'll tell you one thing, being stuck here with you two isn't making this world any more… Bearable.” She said that last bit through gritted teeth.

Suddenly a loud roar echoed across the city, as Adagio looked out the window and saw rise up from the ground, a giant monster, and metal warrior. This was of course the fight between Zeppandon and Ultraman. Everyone in the café looked out the windows and watched the battle unfold. Adagio rushed outside just as the giant metal warrior destroyed the monster with a rainbow beam fired from his arms. A magical shockwave was sent across the city as the monster exploded and seemed to react to Adagio’s gem.

“Did you feel that?!” she gasped before grinning evilly, “Do you know what that is?”

“I 'unno,” the two backup singers replied.

“It's Equestrian magic!” Adagio snapped, getting into Aria’s face.

“But this world doesn't have Equestrian magic,” Aria replied, dryly.

“It does now,” Adagio said as she turned away, “And we're going to use it to make everyone in this pathetic little world adore us!”


In the Present day, everyone was excited for the upcoming event, the Musical Showcase. Students gathered in the Auditorium, all busy making banners for the Showcase. Mammott, Noggin and Kayna were painting musical notes, Freddy, Chica and Roxy were drawing bright Glamrock patterns, and the Crusaders were colouring their banner in their colours. As Scootaloo smiled at Sweetie Belle, someone took Sweetie’s paint brush, it was Sunset Shimmer.

“Want some help?” She asked kindly.

“Uh, no thanks,” Apple Bloom replied, “We're good.” Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both nodded their heads.

“Oh. Okay,” Sunset said, feeling defeated as she handed Sweetie Belle back her brush.

“Sunset Shimmer! Over here!” Pinkie’s voice cried out to her friend waving like mad. Sunset smiled, knowing that she had friends that care for her. But as she made her way to them, the students around her whispered to each other. They still didn’t trust Sunset all that much, even though the fall formal was like six months ago now.

“I had no idea the whole school would be here,” Sunset sighed, Fluttershy placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“Quite the eye-catching advertisement, if I do say so myself,” Rarity remarked, as she and Pinkie pulled up their banner, wanting to change the subject.

“And it smells like cake!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“It does?” Fluttershy asked, giving it a sniff as Pinkie shoved it into her face.

“I used frosting instead of paste!” Pinkie replied, when she pulled back, Fluttershy had glitter on her face and frosting on her nose.

“Uh, Fluttershy, you've got a little somethin', uh...” Applejack stated jesting to her face. Fluttershy rubbed her cheek, and got some of the glitter off, but there was still a lot on her face.

“Did I get it?” Fluttershy asked.

“Heh, not exactly,” Applejack chuckled. Sunset pulled out a napkin and rubbed it on Fluttershy’s face, getting the frosting and glitter of her face. Just then Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna entered the Auditorium.

“Good afternoon, students. I just wanted to tell you all how pleased I am that so many of you are going to participate in the first ever Canterlot High School Musical Showcase!” She announced, the students all cheered, “This is a wonderful opportunity to raise money for all our after-school programs here at CHS. So keep working on those signs and posters. I think it's going to be one of the most exciting events we've had at CHS since the Fall Formal.” When Celestia mentioned the Fall Formal, the students all glared at Sunset again causing her to hide her face in humiliation before sliding down to the floor to make herself seem smaller, smaller than Fluttershy. Her friends felt sorry for her.


Later, in the school band room, Sunset laments on how she'll never live her past mistakes down. “Ugh! I am never gonna live that down.”

“You were pretty bad at the Fall Formal,” Fluttershy commented.

“First I turn myself into a demon, and then I turn myself into a kaiju,” Sunset moaned.

“And tried to turn everyone here into teenage zombies for your own personal army!” Pinkie chimed in.

“And tried to kill a ten year old in the process,” Rainbow remarked.

“Oh, darling, you have us, and we've forgiven you for your past... ahem... booboos,” Rarity spoke up.

“To be honest, I'd say the whole experience brought everyone at Canterlot High closer than ever before!” Applejack remarked as she turned her bass.

Now during the time in between the fall formal, two major events happened to each of the girls minus Sunset. One of them was that the five girls were a five part band, named the Rainbooms. Rainbow was on guitar, Pinkie on drums, Applejack on bass guitar, Rarity on keytar and Fluttershy on tambourine.

“One, two, three!” Pinkie cried as she tapped her drumstick together and they all started to sing.

There was a time we were apart
But that's behind us now
See how we've made a brand new start
And the future's lookin' up, ah-oh, ah-oh
And when you walk these halls
You feel it everywhere
Yeah, we're the Wondercolts forever, ah-oh, yeah!

We are all together
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now it's better than ever
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
You can feel it, we are back (You... can... feel... it...)
And I'm so glad that we're better
Better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

There was a time we couldn't see
Past the differences

That separated you and me
And it left us on our own

But now you walk these halls
And friends are everywhere

Yeah, we're the Wondercolts forever, ah-oh, yeah!

We are all together
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now it's better than ever
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now that we are back on track (Now... that... we... are...)
Yes, I'm so glad that we're better
Better than ever

Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever!

As they played their song, something happened to them, they gained their pony ears, wings, and hair extensions. They don’t know exactly why this happens when they play music, but they weren’t complaining. As they finished, their ears, wings and hair extensions disappeared as suddenly as they had appeared. Sunset clapped at their performance.

“I still can't believe that happens when we play!” laughed Rarity, “Ooh! I've got to look into some new accessories! Something that looks good in a longer ponytail. Ooh! Maybe some clip-on earrings for when I get those adorable pony ears.”

“I just wonder why it happens,” Applejack queried, “Princess Twilight took her crown back to Equestria. Shouldn't that mean she took all the magic back with her?”

“Who cares why it happens?” Rainbow retorted, “It makes my band totally awesome!”

“Oh! Your band?” Rarity questioned in shock.

“Duh! It was my idea to start the Rainbooms so we could be in the showcase,” Rainbow answered, “Plus I'm the lead singer and guitarist.” Presently there was a knock at the door, the girls all turned to see Flash at the door of the music room.

“Uh, heard you outside,” he told them, “You guys are sounding really tight.”

“Uh, we're getting there. Rarity's still coming in a little late on the second verse, and Applejack's bass solo could use a little work,” Rainbow criticised them, “They'll get it together in time for the showcase.” Rarity and Applejack looked at each other with annoyed looks.

“Uh, I don't suppose any of our friends from, uh... out of town might come?” Flash asked, “Uh, it being a special charity event and all.”

“Sorry, Flash,” Applejack replied with a sombre look, “I don't think Twilight's gonna be back at Canterlot High any time soon.”

“Oh, yeah. Okay. I just, you know, thought I'd ask,” Flash nervously laughed, he seemed to make the atmosphere of the room feel uncomfortable, “Uh, k-keep on rockin' it.” He went to leave the room, but he backed up into the wall, blushing, he sidestepped and exited the room.

“Well, someone is quite the smitten kitten,” Rarity giggled before realising that Sunset was there, “Oh. Sorry. I always forget you and Flash used to be an item.”

“It's okay. Flash is a great guy and all, but I never really liked-him liked him,” Sunset assured her, “I was just using him to become more popular. Ugh! The old me really was just awful, wasn't she?”

“Mmm... horrid,” Rarity replied. Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie and Fluttershy all agreed with her.

“But the important thing is that you've turned yourself around,” Applejack assured her.

“Thanks, Applejack,” Sunset commented, “but I'm not sure everyone else at CHS feels the same way.”

Just then the PA system beeps, and Vice-Principal Luna’s voice came out, “Sunset Shimmer, please report to the main foyer,” she announced.

“Gotta run. I volunteered to show some new students around the school,” Sunset told them, “Thought it'd be good for them to get to know the new me before they heard all the stuff about the old me.” And with that she ran off.

“We've still got a few minutes before lunch starts,” Rainbow stated, “What do you say we do ‘Awesome As I Wanna Be’?”

“Um, Rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy asked, “I was wondering if we could maybe play the song I wrote?”

“We'll get to it,” Rainbow told her, just waving her off.

“Oh, Okay,” Fluttershy replied sadly, as Rainbow played her chords.


As Sunset walked to the entrance of the school, she hoped that she’ll make a good first impression to the new girls, she didn’t want them to find out about her old self too quickly. Sunset hoped the new girls would be friendly and cheerful like the other students.

“Hi,” she called out as she reached the entrance, “Are you the girls I'm supposed to show around?”

“We are,” said Adagio, revealing herself, Aria, and Sonata to Sunset.

“I’m Sunset Shimmer,” she greeted them with a smile as she reached out her hand, “it’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m Adagio Dazzle,” Adagio replied as she shook her hand confidently, “and those two are Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk.”

“Sup,” Aria spoke up.

“Heya,” Sonata waved cheerfully.

“Canterlot High is a great school,” Sunset told them, as she started to lead them, “You're really gonna love it.”

“Oh, yes, we really sense there's something... magical about this place,” Adagio remarked as she grinned to her bandmates.

Sunset started to show the three around the school, Sunset was completely oblivious to the three’s plan, but they played along as just normal teenagers. Adagio seemed to be interested, Sonata was just smiling, probably not understanding what a computer was, and Aria was just grumpy looking, she just wanted to get this over with so they could start their plan.

“That's the science lab. Computer lab is in there,” Sunset pointed out as they walked the halls when she saw a poster for their Musical Showcase, “Oh! We're having a big musical showcase this weekend! The whole school is pretty much rallying around it.”

“A musical showcase?” Adagio sarcastically questioned, giving a look to her bandmates.

“I'm sure since you're new, Principal Celestia would let you sign up if you're interested,” Sunset told them.

“We have been known to sing from time to time,” Aria remarked, pretending to not be interested.

“Hello? We sing, like, all the time!” Sonata blurted out, “It's how we get people to do what we want.” Shouting out what they’ve been doing like that caused Adagio to growl at Sonata and motioned her to shut it, “Wha-What did I say?” She was completely clueless at what she said.

“What you meant to say was that being in a musical showcase sounds like a great way to meet other students,” Adagio corrected, giving Sunset a confident smile, while Aria just stared at Sonata.

“Ohhhh, yeah,” Sonata responded as it finally clicked for her, “Th-What she said I meant to say. That's what I meant. To say.”

“And what you would have said if you weren't the worst,” Aria scoffed.

“You are!” Sonata yelled at her.

“You'll have to excuse them,” Adagio told Sunset, “They're idiots.”

There was a long, uncomfortable silence, as Sunset then spotted the girls’ pendants.

“Those are pretty,” she commented as she slowly reached out her hand out, “Where did you…” Suddenly, Adagio grabs her wrist in sudden offence. She realised what she did and let her go.

“Sorry,” she chuckled, “These pendants mean an awful lot to us. We'd just hate for anything to happen to them.” The three girls then walked off, leaving Sunset to ponder their strange behaviour.

Later in the cafeteria everyone was chatting excitedly about the Musical Showcase, Sunset entered with a puzzled look on her face. She sits next to Applejack who was eating her lunch.

“So how was the tour?” Applejack asked.

“I don't know,” Sunset replied, “I mean, these girls, they were... There was something off about them.”

“Like, off like this?” Pinkie shouted as she made her hair look like a beard on her face, “Or off like this?” then she stuck carrots in her mouth and lettuce on her eyebrows, “Or... Oh, oh! Like…”

“Maybe we should just let her tell us,” Rainbow said, as Pinkie smiled, and a carrot left out her mouth.

“That's just it. I can't put my finger on it. They just acted sort of... strange around me. Maybe someone already talked to them. Told them about what I did,” Sunset sighed, “So much for making a good first impression.”

“Uh-huh,” Fluttershy spoke up, but then panicked, thinking she might have said something wrong, “Oh, that's probably not it.”

Outside the cafeteria doors, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata were having a brief argument before they entered and started their plan.

“This is it, girls,” Adagio told them, “The moment we've been waiting for.”

“Lunch?!” Sonata exclaimed, making Adagio groan with frustration.

“The chance to get our true Equestrian magic back,” Adagio explained with a groan.

“Oh. Right,” Sonata replied.

“Our voices are just strong enough to make them want something so badly, they'll fight to get it,” Adagio told them.

“So we're just gonna do what we always do? Stir up some trouble and then feed off the negative energy?” Aria said dryly, before speaking sarcastically, “Some plan, Adagio.”

“It won't be the same as the times before!” Adagio snapped, “There is Equestrian magic here. Their negative energy will give us the power we need to get this entire world to do our bidding.”

“But we can get lunch after though, right?” Sonata asked, “It's Taco Tuesday!”

“Just follow my lead,” Adagio told her.

“Or my lead,” Aria remarked, thinking she had a better idea, before Adagio grabbed her by the shirt.

“My lead!” she growls, Aria felt a little worried as Adagio let her go. Seeing Aria getting nervous made Sonata chuckle. Adagio through opened the cafeteria door, causing everyone inside to go quiet as the three girls started to sing in harmony.

Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh

We heard you want to get together
We heard you want to rock this school
We've thought of something that is better
Something that changes all the rules

Why pretend we're all the same
When some of us shine brighter?

Shine brighter

Here's a chance to find your flame
Are you a loser or a fighter?

Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?

You're a star and you should know it
Yeah, you rise above the rest
It doesn't matter who you hurt
If you're just proving you're the best

Ah, ahh-ahh-ahhh

Battle! You wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands

Battle!

"I can beat you!" shouted Sparkler.

Battle!

"Ha! You wish!" Kayna scoffed.

Battle!

"I so want this!" Trixie cried.

Battle!

"Not if I get it first!" yelled Monty.

Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?

I'm going out and winning the audition

Battle! We wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands!

As the girls were singing and getting the students to turn against each other, the green mist started to appear again, and was flown into their gems. Once they had finished, everyone was at each other’s throats. All expect Sunset and her friends.

“Ohhhh, They're that kind of ‘off’,” Pinkie remarked.

After lunch, the girls walked out and down the halls, they had some suspicions about the girls. Rainbow and Pinkie were ahead of them, as Pinkie was Skipping and Rainbow was kicking a football. “Those three are definitely in possession of some kind of dark magic,” Sunset said, “How else could you explain what happened back there?”

“Don't worry, y'all. We'll let Principal Celestia know all about this and those girls will be kicked to the curb in no time,” Applejack assured them, “Last thing she needs is another CHS event almost ruined by some power-crazed lunatic.” Applejack then realised that Sunset was walking right beside her, “Er, no offence.”

“None taken,” Sunset replied, with a frown. Soon the girls arrived at Celestia’s office and told her and Luna about what happened, and they believe the new girls have dark magic that caused it all. However Celestia

“Dark magic?” Celestia questioned as she peered out her blinds, “I find that very hard to believe. Those girls came into my office earlier and were absolutely delightful.”

“Ugh! Perhaps Sunset Shimmer is just eager to make someone else out to be a bad element, so that her actions at the Fall Formal will become old news,” Luna theorised.

“I could see why you might think that, but…” Sunset said but Rainbow butted in.

“That's not what's happening!” she shouted, “We saw all of this go down in the cafeteria too!”

“Yes, but isn't your band supposed to be part of the Musical Showcase?” Celestia asked.

“Yes,” Rainbow replied.

“Perhaps you're all just worried that the Dazzlings will steal your spotlight,” Vice-Principal Luna retorted.

“The ‘Dazzlings’?” Applejack questioned.

“It's the name of their musical group. That's why they came by my office earlier – to sign up for the Showcase,” Celestia told them, she made the girls feel a little worried, “Even sang a little song to Vice Principal Luna and I.”

“They did?” Applejack asked uneasily.

“Yes. And we think having a Battle of the Bands instead is a marvellous idea,” Celestia told them as her and Luna’s eyes glowed green, giving the girls the indication that they had also fallen under the Dazzlings' spell.

“I can't believe they got to Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna too,” Fluttershy remarked as the girls hung outside the school, in front of the statue.

“They've gotten to everybody,” Rainbow stated as she kicked her football around.

“Not everybody!” Pinkie cried, implying themselves.

“Pinkie Pie's right. We were there when the Dazzlings were singin’, and we weren't affected,” Applejack spoke up, “It was like we were protected somehow.”

“So let's take them down!” Rainbow declared, “It's not like we haven't tangled with dark magic before and totally whooped its sorry butt! Uh, no offence.”

“None taken. Again,” Sunset sighed again.

“But that was when Twilight and Sam were here. There may be some kind of magic inside us, but it only comes out when we play music,” Fluttershy commented, “I sure don't know how to use it to... whoop anybody's butt.”

“If only we could get a message to Twilight,” Rarity said as she painted her nails, “Maybe she could tell us how to break the spell the Dazzlings have cast on our friends.”

“Well, that's not gonna happen,” Rainbow stated, “The portal's closed.” She then threw her ball at the statue, Rarity ducked in time as the ball bounced off the surface of the statue. Rarity then gasped as she got nail paint all over her arm. “And I get the feeling they don't exactly have cell phones where she's from.”

Something then occurred to Sunset, she thought a little then she grinned. “I may have an idea how we can get in touch with Princess Twilight!” She told them as they entered the school and headed to Sunset’s locker, where Sunset pulled out a journal from the back of her locker, “When I was Princess Celestia's student back in Equestria, she gave me this,” she said as she showed them the book and brushing off the dust, “Even after I abandoned my studies, I held onto it. Deep down, I guess I knew I was making a big mistake, and I wanted to still have a way to reach out to her. Maybe it still works.”

“That's a book, darling,” Rarity bluntly stated, “What do you mean, ‘maybe still works’?”

“It used to be that if I wrote something here, it would appear in the pages of a book back in Princess Celestia's library,” Sunset explained, “I get a message to her, then she can get a message to Princess Twilight.”

“So what are you waiting for?” Rainbow exclaimed as she held out a pen to Sunset, “Get to writing!”

Sunset looked at the pen, then at her friends. She was feeling a little nervous, she hadn't spoken to Celestia in forever, but she knew that she would have to, so she could get a message to Twilight. She took the pen and took a deep breath. “Been a long time since I've written these words,” she remarked as she started to write, “‘Dear Princess Celestia...’"

Author's Note:

howdy y'all

Welp, here we go, the beginning of the Rainbow Rocks saga. I know a few of you are really excited for this.

nothing majorly different here to the original movie, just a few begin altered to have the fight, and the few characters swapped in.

I hope you guys are looking forward to the next chapter, because that's were things might get a bit chaotic. and no that's not a tease for Discord to show up in this.

I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next one

PreviousChapters Next