• Published 24th Sep 2021
  • 3,154 Views, 418 Comments

Somewhere He Belongs - SuperSamYoshi



A young boy gets sent to Equestria, in hopes to find a place where he can live a happier life. and is also bonded to a technorganic alien and must save his new home.

  • ...
27
 418
 3,154

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: in Pursuit to a new World (Edited)

After showing them around Ponyville and their Welcome to Ponyville Party by Pinkie, Sam’s siblings moved into Ponyville and were welcomed with open hooves from everypony. They were temporarily staying with Twilight’s friends until they could get their own houses built. Rebecca was staying with Pinkie Pie, Emily with Rarity, Scott with Rainbow Dash, Kerry with Fluttershy and Jake with Applejack. But just as they got settled in, Twilight had received a letter from Princess Celestia regarding important princess matters in the Crystal Empire. They have no idea what she has in store for them, but Sam thought this could be a good opportunity for his family to meet the Princesses.

"Wow Twilight! Everything is so pretty!" Rebecca exclaimed as the train slowed to a stop near the Crystal Empire.

"Welcome to the Crystal Empire..." Twilight smiled as they walked out of the train.

"Oh, everything is as beautiful and dazzling as before!" Rarity exclaimed.

As they were walking, Applejack spoke out, "Hoo-wee! Your very first princess summit. You must be over the moon, Twilight."

“Oh, I am excited. But, to be honest, I'm a little nervous, too,” Twilight replied.

“You're nervousited! It just makes you wanna jump up and down and yell 'YAY ME!'" Pinkie exclaimed, "But it also makes you wanna curl up into a little ball at the same time!" She says curling up into a ball and standing back up with a transforming sound effect. "We've all been there!"

"I'm there almost every day," Fluttershy said, looking away.

"You've got no reason to fret, Twi," Applejack started "everything's gonna be just..."

"TWILIGHT!!" Rarity exclaimed running up to her, “oh, sorry, darling, but I just realised you're not wearing your crown. You haven't forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?"

"It's in my bag," Twilight sighed, Sam patted her bag to assure her, "just feel a little self-conscious about wearing it. Haven't really gotten accustomed to these yet, either." She tried to fly but fell flat to the ground.

"You are a princess now Twilight, embrace it!" Rarity exclaimed, "I'm telling you, if I had a crown like that, I would never take it off. Why I'd sleep in the thing!"

Twilight rolled her eyes until Sam saw Emily going through Twilight’s bag. "Emily, what are you doing?" he then saw her pulling out Twilight’s crown.

She then placed it on Scott’s head with a goofy grin on her face. "All hail Princess Scott."

Everyone couldn't help but laugh. All but Joe, "Yes, ha, ha, very funny," he said sarcastically as he took it off and placed it on Emily’s head.

They then started to walk into the castle. As they did, Sam showed his siblings a few things in the castle. They just listened, excited to hear every word, as Emily secretly placed Twilight’s crown on Sam’s head. Eventually they found their way into Princess Cadence's chamber.

"Twilight!" She exclaimed, hugging her sister-in-law. "I haven't seen you since the coronation!" She moved over to see Sam. "And it's wonderful to see you again as well Sa--" she stopped and noticed Sam was wearing Twilight’s crown but was also a little taken aback by the appearance of Sam’s siblings. "Isn't that your mother’s crown?"

"Huh?" Sam asked as he took off his mother’s crown, then gave a look to Emily who had a guilty expression on her face. “Oh, Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, these are my siblings, Scott, Kerry, Rebecca, Emily and Jake.” He motioned to his family.

“Greetings your highnesses,” Scott said as they all bowed to the princesses.

“No need to be so formal,” Celestia said, as she came closer, “so you’ll the siblings that little Sam here, has told us about.”

“Yes we are,” Kerry replied.

“Not to be rude,” Cadence said, “but I was expecting you to be like Sam.”

“Well… we’re about 50% human, “Scott said, “and 50% animal.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Sam said as he ran up to Rebecca and hugged her, “all that matters is that you’re here with me.”

Celestia smiled down on Sam, then looked up at Twilight. "We have so much to discuss. But it can wait. You all look tired from your journey. Now off to bed, all of you."

They all bowed and turned walking toward their rooms. "I can't believe it’s so late already..." Jake yawned, “how is that possible.”

“Because it’s the same day as it was in the last chapter,” Sam said.

Sam, Twilight, and Spike all stayed in the same room as they did when it was Sam’s first visit to the Crystal Empire. Twilight sighed, placing the crown on her head.

"What's wrong Twilight?" Spike asked.

" I don't know, Spike. I'm just... worried, I guess,” Twilight replied.

“About what?” Sam asked.

“Well, it’s just Princess Cadence was given the Crystal Empire to rule over,” Twilight replied, “what if, now that I'm a princess, Celestia expects me to lead a kingdom of my own?"

"That would be awesome!" Spike and Sam exclaimed.

“Jinxed!” Sam shouted, smirking at Spike who just growled.

"No, it would not!" Twilight exclaimed, rubbing her forehead, "just because I have this crown and these wings, it doesn't mean I'll be a good leader!"

"I think you would," Sam spoke out. "You're in charge of a lot of things at home. Even though the mayor is the one that does all that stuff."

"He's got a point." Spike added and yawned. "But come on, we all need to get some shut-eye... Big day tomorrow." Twilight nodded as she got in the same bed while Sam got in his own. Sam closed his eyes, only to open them again and look at Twilight trying desperately to get comfortable!

"Can’t… Tuck..." she said trying to fold her wings rolling around in bed. "Just trying to get comfortable!" Twilight closed her wings and shut her eyes... Until they shot open again. "UGH!!"

“Mum, just relax yourself!” Sam softly yelled.


As the night progressed, Sam found he couldn't sleep. He was tired but he couldn’t get comfortable. He got up and tried to make the bed more comfortable. Suddenly he could hear the door slowly open, and he ran back into bed before anyone could see him. Sam carefully took a peek at who came in. His eyes widened, this was the same pony that he saw that night after defeating Peguila. He saw the pony slowly walk up to the bed and toward Twilight’s and crowns. ‘What is she...’ he then saw her levitate the crown and replace them with one that looks the same, ‘She's stealing mum’s crowns!!’

"Stop!!" Sam exclaimed, shocking the intruder and waking Twilight up.

“Sam? What’s going on?” Twilight yawned, waking up and looking at the intruder in shock. "My crown! She's got my crown!!" The intruder then ran out as Twilight and Sam ran after her. "Stop!! Thief!!"

The others walked out of their rooms in confusion, “What’s going on?” Scott asked.

"She's stolen my crown!!" Twilight exclaimed as they were all now chasing after her. Twilight teleported ahead and caught up to her, but the intruder teleported in front of her, revealing that it was an orange unicorn with red and yellow hair. She kept running and dodged attacks from everyone. She jumped when Jake tried to tackle her from the side, she teleported a few feet forward to avoid Rebecca’s webbing and as Kerry quickly caught up, the unicorn took a sharp leg to avoid her and made her crash into the wall. Twilight soon caught up with her then tackled the unknown unicorn into another room as the crown bounced off the walls and into a mirror. "What did you do with my crown!?"

"Sorry that it had to be this way, Princess!" The intruder exclaimed teleporting in front of the mirror, “Oh and Sam…” she said as she slowly walked backwards through, tempting him to follow her. Assuring him that that was her on that night.

"Who was that...?" Fluttershy asked.

"Princess Celestia!!" Twilight exclaimed and ran toward Celestia's room.


"Sunset Shimmer. A former student of mine." Celestia explained. “She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path. One that has sadly led to her stealing your crown.”

“She replaced Twilight’s with this one…” Spike said, showing her the fake crown.

“I suppose Sunset Shimmer thought you wouldn’t notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and element of harmony.”

"But I don't understand..." Twilight started. "Where did she go? Where did she take the crown??"

“And why did she tempt me into following her?” Sam questioned, “just like that night when I first came to the Crystal Empire.”

“Wait what?!” Twilight retorted.

“Oops,” Sam said, placing his hands over his mouth.

Celestia started to lead everyone to the room with the mirror. "You'll soon know more about this place than even I do." She said walking into the room with the mirror, Luna already there.

"This is no ordinary mirror. It is a gateway into another world,” she said ominously “a gateway that opens once, every thirty moons."

“Sparkly!” Pinkie exclaimed, placing her hoof on the mirror, Luna used her magic to slowly move her away with a mused look on her face.

“It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle.” Luna continued, “but when Princess Cadence took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over.”

"I had always hoped that Sunset Shimmer would someday use it to return, to come back to Equestria seeking my guidance,” Celestia sighed, “obviously, this is not what has happened.”

“Twilight, you must use the mirror to go into this other world and retrieve your crown,” Cadence said to Twilight, “without it, the other Elements of Harmony have no power and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defence.”

"Your crown does not belong in the place Sunset Shimmer now calls home." Luna said. “And in her possession your element of harmony will no doubt be used to bring harm to the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves.”

"Do you understand the importance of your task?" Celestia asked.

"Of course," Twilight answered.

"Good... Then you must go at once." Celestia said as she made way for Twilight to go to the mirror. Twilight sighed as she was about to walk in through the portal.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Rainbow Dash shouted cutting in front of her, "If she's goin, we're goin with her! Right girls?"

"Oooooh! I'm so nervousited!!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"You do realise that's not a real word, right?" Applejack asked.

Twilight just smiled, but Celestia didn’t think that was a good idea. "I'm afraid I can't let you go,” she denied.

“What?!” Rainbow exclaimed, “why not?!”

“Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, creating havoc that would make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back from Sunset Shimmer,” Celestia told them, “this is something Princess Twilight must do alone.”

“Time is of the essence,” Luna declared, “on the third day, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return.”

Mom sighed as she looked back at all of them and slowly walked through the mirror. Spike grew too nervous and ran through after Twilight. "Spike!!" Everypony exclaimed.

"Sam!!" his siblings cried out as Sam followed them.


"Ugh..." Twilight groaned, opening her eyes.

"Uh... Twilight?" called Spike’s voice.

"Huh?" she said looking around, "Spike...? You're not supposed to--" Twilight stopped mid-sentence when she saw him, "Spike? Are you a... dog?”

"I... think so,” he said looking at himself, "you look like Sam!”

“Huh?” Twilight questioned as she slowly raised her... Hands. Twilight screamed at the top of her lungs but quickly covered my mouth. I just kept examining my body in a sort of panic. Then she heard Sam scream from the statue and hit her in the back. “Sam? You’re here too?”

“Well yeah,” he said, looking up at me in shock. “You’re a human now! Well sort of.”

“What do you mean, sort of?” Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, you're not a skin colour like mine, you have your fur colour, and your hair isn’t like mine either, it’s your mane colours,” Sam said.

“Well you don’t completely look the same either,” Twilight said, Sam looked over himself. She was right, his skin was dark blue, while his hair was red, and his clothes were different too. His shorts were blue jean shorts, his t-shirt was a crimson red under an ocean blue denim jacket and his trainers were in Superman colours

“What the?! I look like my FNAF self, if he was human,” Sam sighed with relief, “where are we?”

“I don’t know… but it must have something to do with the portal that sent us from Equestria.” Twilight guessed, she stuck her through the portal and she could faintly see it as her hoof on the other side.

“We need to find my crown as soon as we can and get back there!” she said looking at the building in front of them, “I suggest we start searching the castle first.” She started running on all fours with Spike on top of her.

“That’s not a castle,” Sam said.

But Twilight didn’t hear him. Sam caught up with the crawling Twilight, Spike tapped Twilight’s shoulder, Twilight looked at him and saw where he was looking at. Another Human walking his dog.

“Yeah, I don’t think that's how the new you is supposed to..” Spike said, as Twilight quickly got on two legs dusting herself off, sending Spike flying to the ground, though Sam managed to catch him.

The dog looked at his owner with a happy pant, but the human just pointed to keep walking. Twilight struggled to walk on two legs as she made it to the steps and propped herself up on the handle bar.

“C’mon you two,” she said as she climbed up the step, “I do not want to be here like this longer than I have to be.”

“What’s wrong with being human?” Sam asked, offended by what Twilight said.

“Oh, I didn’t mean it like that honey,” Twilight assured him, as they walked up to the door she attempted to use her magic to teleport in, but she slammed into the glass door. “Hmm…” Twilight concentrated hard, but nothing happened, “My magic! It isn't working!”

“Makes sense,” Spike spoke up, “you don't exactly have your horn.”

“What?! Exclaimed Twilight looking up at her forehead.

“We really need to find you a mirror,” Spike said as he push open the glass door.

“How did Spike open the door with a mere push, but Twilight didn’t open it when she slammed her face into it,” Sam asked, knowing that he wasn’t going to get an answer.

Twilight, Spike and Sam entered the seemingly empty ‘castle’ and walked up to what looked like a trophy case. “What do you think Spike? Are there any artefacts that she’s stolen from Equestria?”

“No there’s trophies won by whoever comes here,” Sam replied.

Suddenly, a bell rang, and a large number of humans started passing through the halls. “Huh??” Twilight said, trying to make her way through, holding both Spike close to her chest and holding Sam’s hand. She was then knocked onto the ground, and I tried crawling her way out. She managed to get out of the swarm of humans, but got her leg stuck, she pulled, and tumbled over and rolled into someone’s leg.

“Whoa!” The boy exclaimed. “You okay?” he asked, holding his hand out to Twilight. She cautiously opened her hand and took his hand standing up and nodded. He then walked off.

“I don’t think this is a castle…” Spike said.

“No It’s a school,” Sam replied deadpanned.

Author's Note:

Hi guys, I hope you liked this chapter, it's the start of the Equestria Girls Saga.

It may seem like it's going to play out the same we as it did in the movie, but... something is going to happen.

try and guess what's going to happen

PreviousChapters Next