• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 1,574 Views, 41 Comments

Harmony of Light: An Oath to Return season 1. - Xionforgotten



This story takes place between KH 358/2 days and Kingdom Hearts 2, Roxas the keyblade chose one falls into the world of equestria where he is going to find the truth meaning of friendship while he protects his new friends from the heartless.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,574

Chapter 5: Courage.

Roxas began following the strange thing, outside the barnyard.

"What is that?" Roxas thought. When the creature stopped, the ambiance showed a little bear covered with cosmic fur and white star-shaped dots.

"Wow, what kind of creature is that thing!!" Roxas thought.

But before he could get closer to inspect the animal the environment suddenly lost its peace when 6 nobodies fell from the sky to attack the gray stallion.

"Again?"Roxas thought attacking the white creatures.

The poor bear returned screaming to the woods, Roxas thought, if it was a good idea to follow the animal into the deep of the woods, but when he heard a giant scream from the woods he decided to return to the barn.

Roxas returned home preventing another fight with a mysterious treat.

"Is it just me, or the nobodies are getting crazier out there" Roxas thought beginning to sleep.

Day 7:The Boast Busters.

"Roxas!!!" Applejack screamed waking up the pegasus stallion.

"WOAH!!!" He shouted," What's wrong, Applejack?"Roxas screamed back.

"Come here for a second"Applejack said

Roxas went downstairs waving at every member of the apple family.

"Here I am Applejack, what's wrong?" Roxas said.

"Well Roxas, as you can see, today is a free day, so we don't have any job for ya"Applejack said.

"Good to hear that"Roxas said.

"So...I was thinking if... ya wanted to hang out with me this day"Applejack said nervously.

"I would like to, but I promised Twilight that I help her with some experiments" Roxas explained.

"Oh...I see..." Applejack replied.

"Goldarnit, that Twilight...she stole my moment" The orange mare thought but quickly she thought of another plan for the day.

"I Have to do something quickly, but count me in" Applejack said.

"I'll catch up with you later"

"Alright, see ya later Applejack" Roxas said.

Roxas went to the library to see Twilight, when he arrived, he saw Twilight casting a spell to spike, making a mustache to grow on the young dragon.

"Hahahahah, what's with the new look, Spike"Roxas said.

"I was helping Twilight with the 25 spells for basic equestrian magic"

"Cool, hey Twilight could you cast that on me, I want to see how I look like with a mustache" Roxas asked.

"Sure...why not"Twilight said.

Twilight cast the growing spell on Roxas, making a blonde mustache grow on the Pegasus stallion.

"Hahahahah, look at yourself"Spike said.

Twilight used her horn to grab a mirror, showing Roxas his new look.

"Woah, it looks so weird hahaha" Roxas said.

"Could you make it disappear please, I didn't like it"Roxas asked his Unicorn friend.

"Sure, just don't move" Twilight said canceling the spell.

"Thanks Twilight"Roxas said.

"Now, Roxas...could you show me the Keyblade" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, here take a look at this"Roxas said summoning the Keyblade.

"Interesting, what a weird shape your blade had"Twilight said.

" Doesn't look like old Army blades" She thought

"Can I hold it?"Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure if you can"Roxas answered.

Twilight tried using her telekinesis abilities, but the Keyblade disappeared and reappeared on Roxas Mouth.

"Hmm, so the blade only obeys its user"Twilight said writing every single discovery in her notebook.

"I wanted to ask you if that's the only keyblade that exists." Twilight said.

"Actually no, if I were in my normal form I could dual wield two different Keyblades, but the thing is... I wanted to know why did this thing choose me, why I can wield it"Roxas said.

"Maybe, if I continue my research, we could find the answer to it" Twilight said.

"What else, your Key can do"Twilight asked.

"Well...as you can probably tell, it can unlock and lock different types of Keyholes" Roxas said.

"I also saw that you can cast different types of magic, unlike mine" Twilight said.

"Yeah, it's attack and defense magic"Roxas answered.

"Could you show me please?" Twilight asked.

Roxas nodded, proceeding to show all the spells that he could cast with minimum destructive power.

"Fire, freeze, thunder, Cure, Stop, Esuna, Gravity, Reflect, and wind"

Twilight was speechless, she couldn't believe that a pegasus could do such type of spells, but now it was possible.

"Incredible, you can control elements, time, and Reflect spells" Twilight said.

"I mean, I just practiced a lot to know all the spells, but am sure you are more talented than I, I mean 25 spells aren't a joke" Roxas said.

"Thanks, Roxas how about a break, let's hang out in ponyville" Twilight said.

"Alright maybe Applejack will join us too, Spike, let's go" Roxas said.

"On my way" Spike replied while he continued watching his reflection on the bathroom mirror.

He was imagining going with Rarity with his new mustache but Twilight ruin his fantasies removing the spell on the dragon.

The three friends started a walk around ponyville, Spike was praising Twilight magic, saying that no other pony knew the 25 magic spells that Twilight cast.

But suddenly he was interrupted by two young fillies running Towards him.

"Hey you two, stop" Roxas screamed.

"Snips? snails? What are you doing here?"Spike asked.

Both fillies answered very nervously

"Haven't you heard about the new unicorn mare that arrived in ponyville?" Snails said.

"Yeah, she claims to be the most powerful magician In all ponyville" Snips said.

Roxas and Twilight joined the conversation with the two fillies.

"Hey, who is that mare that you're talking about?" Roxas asked the two fillies.

"Follow me, we will take you to the great and powerful Trixie" Snips said.

The two fillies took Roxas and Twilight to the main stage in the middle of the town.

When they arrived, a lot of ponies were reunited in front of the stage, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy.

"What's going on Applejack?" Roxas asked Applejack.

"Roxas, I was about to ask the crowd for ya"

"Don't worry I'm here, now what is happening, who's that Trixie" Roxas asked Applejack, but when she was going to respond, a voice coming from the stage started talking with a very weird accent interrupting our protagonist.

"Welcome ever pony, come and witness the magic power of the all and powerful Trixie"

A blue unicorn mare appeared in the center of the stage showing a bunch of magic tricks to all of the ponies from the town.

"Now prepare to see all kinds of magic that exist all around Equestria" Trixie said.

"With my talent on magic arts, I can cast every type of spell you ask"

"What a show-off"Applejack murmured.

"Yeah no pony is more talented in magic than Twilight" Spike answered.

"Spike!, lower your voice we don't want to make a scene" Roxas replied but it was too late.

"You think this purple mare is better than me? HAHAHA" Trixie said pointing out Twilight.

"There's nothing wrong with being talented...right?" Twilight said ashamed.

"Yeah nothing wrong, when you're not a school filly showing off fancy Ribbons"Applejack said defending her friend.

"Yeah just because you know magic, doesn't mean you're better than anypony here" Rarity backed her up.

"Especially when you have me around being the better than the rest from us" Rainbow dash said causing an angry look from Roxas and Applejack.

"Seriously?"

"Uh...I mean...yeah, magic is magic boooo"Rainbow said to Trixie.

"Well, well, well it seems we have some NEIGH-sayers in the audience."

"Who is so ignorant to try and challenge the all-powerful Trixie to a magic duel" Trixie said.

"Pfff, c'mon is obviously that Twilight" Spike was saying but he was interrupted by Twilight.

"Wait, Spike, didn't you see how the audience saw her, I don't want to make them think that I'm a show-off" Twilight said.

Trixie was waiting for somepony who asked her a challenge, Roxas was about to raise his hoove but Rainbow dash acted first.

"Soooo, all-powerful Trixie, what makes you so awesome?" Rainbow dash said in sarcasm tone.

"I'm awesome because I'm the only pony, with enough magic knowledge to defeat an Ursa mayor" Trixie said showing a firework with the shape of the giant bear.

The audience was wordless seeing the great "achievement" of Trixie, but she was still waiting for a duel with somepony.

So she decided to change the odds.

"Since no one is trying to challenge me, then I'm going to challenge all ponyville, any activity you choose I can do it better" Trixie said

"Please Twilight just beat her, she is so show off"Spike said barely crying.

"No spike, I'm not that type of pony" Twilight answered.

"Cmon Spike, don't push her if she doesn't want this, it's her call" Roxas replied.

Trixie pointed to Twilight and menace her saying that if she had something in mind so she could beat her easily.

"That's it, am goin' to show tha' mare some respect"

Applejack had enough of this attitude so she challenged Trixie to a tie dance.

Applejack did an awesome performance but Trixie use her magic to control the Tie humiliating Applejack in the process.

Rainbow was the next one, she flew really fast across some clouds landing a perfect stunt on a windmill and finally making a skydive to the stage.

"They don't call me Rainbow and Dash for nothing"

"The only thing they were going to call you is a loser" Trixie said casting a tornado spell on Rainbow dash making her dizzy.

"The thing is that we need a unicorn to beat her, just like Twilight" Spike said.

"Yeah Unicorn vs Unicorn"Rainbow said.

"Enough, all of you, I will take the challenge"Rarity said.

"What are you going to do?"Trixie asked.

"How about this" Rarity said using her magic to make a gorgeous dress from the stage curtains.

Trixie counterattacked Rarity with her magic causing her hair to become green.

Rarity ran away crying from the stage.

Roxas was starting to get mad about the situation.

"GRRR, All you have been doing is counterattack them with magic, you're not proving anything" Roxas screamed.

Seeing his friends being hurt by a smug pony made the gray pegasus stallion really mad, if Twilight doesn't do anything he will take justice from his own.

"Well Twilight is up to you" Spike said.

"Show that mare that you are better than her in magic"

"What? do you think you're better than the great powerful Trixie, so prove it, prove it to everypony" Trixie said.

"Whaaaat? Me?, oh no no no I'm not special I'm just a spectator of this show, and you know what I think I left the laundry on so have fun" Twilight said running away crying.

"Ha, once again, I proved that I am the most powerful unicorn of all Equestria"

Suddenly Roxas had a flashback...

#%$$Please just give me another chance$%%#%.

"We can't afford to take any more chances on you. You were a mistake we never should have made you"a blue-haired man said.

Roxas tried to call the girl in the black robe, but for some reason, he forgot her name.

Roxas woke up again in ponyville after seeing all of his friends humiliated he raised his hooves.

"I challenge you, to a sword fight"Roxas said.

"Oh really?, do you think a pegasus can beat me in sword fighting, you cant even use kinesis" Trixie said.

"I don't need any of that, I have my mouth"Roxas answered grabbing a wood toy sword.

"Well then, prepare yourself"Trixie said.

Trixie tried to attack Roxas but the stallion blocked all of the attacks.

"Is that all you got?"Roxas said mocking Trixie.

"Tss, Just wait and see"she said.

Trixie cast her magic to gain the lead on the situation but Roxas, who also knew magic, countered Trixie's spell with a small reflect spell beating her in the progress.

"Ouch, this can't be how did you manage to beat me so easily and where did you learn to fight like that, AND WHY YOU CAN USE MAGIC''. Trixie said.

"Who cares when somebody hurts my friends I won't hesitate or hold back to keep them safe" Roxas said.

"Thank Celestia that you didn't summon real swords or you would've ended up not seeing the light again" Roxas said shedding dark smoke on his body

The crowd and Trixie became in awe of what Roxas said.

Roxas was planning to go with Twilight but the other manes approached him first.

"What was that Roxas?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah a never saw ya that angry, you okay?"Applejack answered.

"I was really scared"Fluttershy answered.

"Me too, what in the mother of cakes was that dark smoke"Pinkie said.

"Are you ok dear calm down a bit, it's all over" Rarity said.

Roxas didn't respond he just grabbed them all, with his wings and nuzzling all their faces in a group hug with his forelegs, and while he did that he also use his wings to move up and down their bodies so they can be comfortable being around him however as he did this some of his wing feathers were touching each of their cutie mark flank's and all 5 mares were starting to shudder a little and feel some heat rising to their faces from his actions as his feather wings are stroking their flanks.

"I'm sorry if I acted like a bad guy up there girls it's just... what she did to half of ya'll, brought back some terrible memories from my past."

"And I couldn't help it, going through that again, that horrible experience made me tear apart my friendship with those I cared about little by little in the past."

"Where I once worked at so we'll be at each other's throats and then resulting us being Cold, Distant, and Alone from one another, so we'll nothing more than what my superiors wanted us to be, mere tools to be used and discarded without having any second thoughts about what we're doing with our lives."

"Oh, Roxas" the mares replied.

"I can't live through that again I won't let that happen, so that's why I did that back there, but now I gotta go see if Twilight doing well, I'll talk to you later''

Roxas went to the library leaving the 5 mares blushing and with a strange feeling in all of their hearts.

"Darn it, I've should know, he's living with me, why I never asked him how he felt" Applejack thought.

"I guess there are ponies carrying with some heavy things inside them, Roxas has been with me in a lot of moments, now it's my turn to return the favor" Rainbow dash thought.

"My job is to make every pony happy, and Roxas isn't going to be my first failure" Pinkie thought.

"I never spoke with somepony else besides Rainbow, I...I need to be strong for him" Fluttershy thought.

"All I ever saw was my beauty, but now, Roxas made me realize that there's a better shine in the beauty of somepony else" Rarity thought.

"Roxas...I" every mare thought seeing the young pegasus stallion walking away from them.

"I'm in love with you" Every pony thought seeing the young stallion go away.

Roxas finally reached the library, he knocked on the door hoping for an answer.

"Twilight? are you there?" Roxas asked hoping that his friend is fine.

"Yes, I'm here" The unicorn mare answered.

"What happened are you ok?" Roxas asked.

"Yeah...I'm fine" She replied. Just some tears.

"Do you want to talk about it?"Roxas asked.

"Nah, it's ok, let's continue the experiments on the Keyblade" Twilight said avoiding the conversation.

"Let's see, we make the magic test, summoning test, let's see the strength test"

Twilight went outside to collect some rocks, boxes, and wood logs.

"Alright Roxas, try smashing the Keyblade against these things"Twilight said.

"Twilight...please don't force yourself" Roxas replied.

"Why, what are you talking about?" Twilight answered.

"Look at yourself, You were devastated by some nonsense words" Roxas explained.

"What do you know, I Don't like being seen by the others"

"For a long time, I thought the same, but in most of the cases the others have the answers to your problems, you just need to be more polite, and don't take it personally when a worthless pony comments about you, they don't know you 100%" Roxas explained trying to cheer up his friend.

"You're right, I need to learn to let that stuff go" Twilight answered.

"If anything bothers you here I am" Roxas replied.

"Thanks Roxas"Twilight said hugging the Stallion.

"Now let's break some rocks"

Roxas did what he was told to do, he smash all the props with ease.

"Impressive, let's see what we can test now"Twilight said.

Time passed until the night arrived, Twilight and Roxas continued testing the Keyblade.

"It's the final test....durability" Twilight said very exhaustedly

"Uhh, I think this is not a good idea"Roxas answered.

"Come on let me try"Twilight said.

"Ugh,....fine"

Roxas summoned the Keyblade again, but this time he leave it on top of a table.

Then Twilight cast a magic ray from her horn aiming at the Keyblade.

When the magic ray struck the Keyblade reflected towards the purple mare.

"Watch out" Roxas shouted approaching Twilight.

"Reflect" he said creating a magic barrier preventing the magic ray from hitting Twilight.

"Are you ok?"Roxas asked.

"Yeah, thank you, Roxas" Twilight answered.

Suddenly Spike appeared screaming and trembling in fear.

"Twilight, Roxas you need to come here, quickly"Spike said.

"What is it, Spike?" Roxas asked.

"Spike, if it is about dealing with Trixie I'm not coming" Twilight answered.

"No, no, no the problem is..." Spike said pointing to the window but all the library started shaking.

"Is that what I think it is?"Twilight asked.

"Yeah, majorly"Spike said.

"Woah, hurry our friends are still outside" Roxas shouted.

Roxas, Twilight, and Spike arrived at the main street of ponyville just to witness Trixie losing to the giant monster.

Snips and snails were watching all the chaos from the distance.

"Hey, you two, what did you do!!!"Twilight said.

"Oh well...we kinda brought an Ursa major to the Town so Trixie could show us how powerful she is" Snipes said.

"You What!!?" Twilight shouted.

"Come on Trixie defeat that thing once and for all"Snails said.

"I can't do it, I just made the story just to be more interesting." She said hiding in an alleyway.

"Well Twilight is up to us" Roxas said.

"What are we going to do, Roxas?" Twilight asked.

"Well I buy you some time, think of a way we could defeat her without killing her" Roxas said casting a powerful blizzaga to the paws of the beast flying towards her.

Roxas saw something weird in the back of the animal.

"Wait is that?, a Heartless?"

A monkey shaped heartless was on the top of the beast controlling her with some kind of weird spell

Roxas flew where Twilight was informing her about the real threat.

"We have a problem Twilight"Roxas said.

"What's wrong?"Twilight asked.

"A heartless is controlling the Ursa major" Roxas said

"A what?" She replied.

"A heartless, you know the other creature I told you about" Roxas answered.

"Well if that creature is controlling the Ursa major I can't put her to sleep, we must defeat that thing first" Twilight said.

"Ok leave it to me" Roxas said.

"Wait, let me help you with something" Twilight replied.

"Are you sure?" Roxas asked.

"Yeah, I can do this" Twilight said.

Both friends approached the giant bear, Twilight summoned mist to blind the creature, while Roxas flighted to the back.

The giant bear started attacking everything with her paws making a lot of buildings fall, making one of the rubble hit Twilight in the back

"Twilight!!!!"Roxas screamed killing the heartless.

Thankfully Twilight stood up and with her horn, she used some wind magic to make the plants sing a song for sleep, then she used kinesis magic to move a giant milk container of the farm, giving it to the Ursa so she could sleep faster.

When the Ursa major finally fall asleep, Twilight once again, used her kinesis magic to move the Bear to a cave very far away from the town.

"We made it!!!" Roxas said.

All the ponies arrived to congratulate Twilight and Roxas for taking care of the Ursa Major.

"Don't worry ponies, It wasn't a big deal right Twilight?"Roxas said.

"Wow, Twilight we thought that you could cast magic, but not in that level" Rainbow dash said.

"Yeah, you were amazing fighting that Ursa major, but I'm glad ya didn't get hurt" Applejack said.

"I think that was an Ursa minor though"Twilight thought.

"Wait you're telling me that, that thing was just a baby" Trixie said very Impressed.

"So if that was just an Ursa minor how does an Ursa major look like." Spike said.

"Hmm, you don't want to know"Twilight said.

Trixie recover her senses and started trash-talking Twilight.

"So what you might have defeated an Ursa minor, but you would never surpass the powers of the great and powerful Trixie" She said throwing a smoke bomb to the Ground.

"Wait, she is escaping"Rainbow said.

"Just let her go, maybe someday she'll learn the lesson"Roxas said.

Twilight didn't say anything, she just returned home.

"What happened to her?" Rainbow thought.

"I don't know, I should talk to her, maybe I find the reason for why she is acting like that until then, take care of these two"Roxas said pointing snips and snails following Twilight to the library.

"Curaga" Roxas scream healing the cuts and bruises that Twilight had.


''Twilight what's really going on here why are you so determined to not let others know how better unique you are on casting spells and not losing too much energy in the process aren't you proud that somepony such as you can accomplish something amazing like that'' He said.

Twilight grabbed some air and began to express herself.

'' Because I don't wanna make ponies think that I'm better than any of them you saw how it went with Trixie and look at the results I would be no better than Trixie and might end up losing my friends by showing off They be jealous of me because I can do things that they can't and then they'll resent and hate me for it I can't bear that rejection and pain again that I went through ever since I was a filly, Roxas, NOT AGAIN''.

After saying that she began to sob a lot on the library floor so Roxas grabbed her face with both hooves and lift her face for her to look at him and says

"Twilight look at me do you really think I Hate You?''

She responds after looking at him for a bit:

"No Roxas"

'' Exactly Twilight I don't care if you can do something better than me, what matters most is as long as you don't brag too much about it and become an attention seeker like Trixie you'll be fine, our friends will understand twilight, everyone's good at doing some things and there are some things that they aren't good at nobody's perfect just accept that magic is a part of who you are twilight it'll help you uncover your true talent in your special way and discover who you are because I know the real you beneath all that noble modesty you do I see a smart kind caring misunderstood pony that wants to make a new change in her life by learning how to accept friendship in her life so she won't be alone like I was in the past before I met you all so cheer up'' Roxas said.

After saying that Roxas pulled Twilight's body towards him and hug her with his hooves and wings covering her in a passionate embrace As he did that Twilight hug him too while silently sobbing on him with a smile on her face.

'' Thank you for always being here for me I'm so glad to have met somepony special as you''

Roxas responds by nuzzling her cheeks, using both his hooves rubbing up and down on her back while also stroking her long mane in the process, and saying

'' I feel the same with you as well Twilight I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now''.

Twilight also responded by hugging and nuzzling Roxas affectionately as she move her hooves up and down just like his stallion friend.

After they finished with the emotional sharing, Twilight made a comforting sigh and her face started to form pink blushes.

Both let go of each other go and proceed to say goodbye.

"Now I have to go Twilight, probably Applejack is waiting for me" Roxas said.

"Oh, ok see...you later Roxas" Twilight said.

When the young stallion left the library, Twilight started writing a friendship lesson letter to Princess Celestia.

"Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned a very important lesson about Friendship, I was so afraid of being thought of as a showoff that I was hiding a part of who I am. But my friends (especially Roxas) helped me realize that it's okay to be proud of your talents, and there are times when it's appropriate to show them off... Especially when you're standing up for your friends, but if it wasn't for Roxas help, I'm not sure how all this chaos could be ended, but when he helped me with my internal struggle I felt a strange heart coming from my heart, I'm...not sure what it is, but it makes me feel happier than ever, and I'm sure that I will find the answer.

Your unicorn student Twilight Sparkle".

After that Twilight sent the letter to Celestia and went to sleep, she still had pink blushes on her face.

But what was the feeling that Roxas awoke inside her? She slept with that question on her mind.