• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 1,573 Views, 41 Comments

Harmony of Light: An Oath to Return season 1. - Xionforgotten



This story takes place between KH 358/2 days and Kingdom Hearts 2, Roxas the keyblade chose one falls into the world of equestria where he is going to find the truth meaning of friendship while he protects his new friends from the heartless.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,573

Chapter 8: Emptiness

After the bath the girls and Roxas took to remove the effects of the flowers, our pegasus stallion returned to the acres and prepared for bedtime.

But one question remained on his mind.

"Why did Zecora know all those things about me? Is she some kind of fortune-teller?, should I visit her tomorrow in the night? I dunno" Roxas asked himself.

"C'mon that's the thing I hate about you" Nightmare said.

"Whops sorry, I just remembered you existed inside my head"

"Ha! Look who's talking about existence"

Roxas replied angrily after that.

"What do you want nightmare?"

"I meld with your memories, and every time, every single time you wanted something you couldn't decide"

"You don't have enough will to take care of your actions" Nightmare explained.

"Tsk what do you know" Roxas replied.

"What did I know? What about Axel, he lied to you, or what about that fight with the silver-haired guy, you doubted about killing him" Nightmare explained.

"Axel is my friend...and I don't like killing people, it's not how I work" Roxas replied.

"Oh please, I know that you're a cold-blooded guy deep inside, you just need a small push into the darkness" Nightmare said mocking Roxas.

"Shut up, I'm going to talk with Zecora later, I promised to help the others with the party for Princess Celestia's arrival" Roxas replied closing his eyes and forcing nightmare to shut his mouth.

"Hehehe, just wait Roxas"

Day 12: The parasprites.

The sun raised once again and near the everfree forest, Fluttershy was gathering some flowers for Princess Celestia's visit to Ponyville.

Then suddenly a little creature flew through her basket, asking for food.

"Awww, aren't you a cute little boy" Fluttershy said petting the creature and giving him a crushed Apple from a tree.

The creature devoured the Apple instantly but he wanted more, so he ambushed the entire Appletree.

"Oh my, I can't get mad at you, you know what? let me introduce you to my friends, come here little fella" Fluttershy said grabbing the small puffy creature and putting it into her basket.

Back with Roxas

The pegasus stallion woke up and instantly he went to Sugarcube corner, because yesterday in the bath, Pinkie asked Roxas if he could help Ms. Cake with a recipe, Roxas agreed to do it, so he's now on his way to help her.

"Excuse me, ¿Ms. Cake? Roxas asked.

"I'm in the kitchen honey" Ms. Cake replied.

"Alright, what do you need madam?" Roxas asked.

"Okay... If all that pinkie said was true, then I'm pretty sure you know the entire recipe for that Sea-salt dessert you ate" Ms. Cake said.

"Wait...pinkie told you that?" Roxas asked confused.

"Yes sweetie, she always talks about you in the job" Ms. Cake explained adding all the ingredients to the bowl.

"I never expected that, what does she say?" Roxas asked mixing all the ingredients.

"She talks about your personality, she likes your cool and tranquil behavior, very weird of her since... well you know how she acts" Ms. Cake replied putting the mixture on the oven.

"Yeah, Pinkie is one hell of a mare, but I'm impressed, did she tell you anything about why she's interested in my personality? Roxas said.

"Not really, I guess your personality compliments her, one very funny and chaotic and the other relaxed and mature" Ms. Cake said grabbing the cake from the oven.

"I should be grateful to her, talking all these good things about me" Roxas said.

"Yes sweetie, Pinkie needs a young stallion in her life, I'm sure you two will make a good couple" Ms. Cake said.

"I'm still learning about love and relationships, but I'll keep that in mind" Roxas replied.

After that little conversation about Pinkie pie,
Roxas and Ms. Cake finished the decoration for Celestia's welcome cake.

"Alright Ms. Cake, this should be the last sparkle" Roxas said.

"I'll appreciate your help Roxas, this new sea salt cake will be a delicious sensation for the Princess" Ms. Cake said thanking the stallion.

"I hope that Pinkie doesn't eat it first" Roxas said making Ms. cake laugh with his joke.

Seconds later Twilight and Pinkie pie arrived at the Sugarcube corner to supervise how the preparations were going.

Luckily she caught Pinkie before she was able to test the new cake.

''Pinkie pie! Stop hogging all of the desserts to yourself or we're never gonna have enough for everypony if you keep eating them all'' Roxas said.

"Sweetie... I'm sampling the sweets to ensure their quality.'' She answered mocking the stallion.

"Leave the candies alone" Roxas ordered.

"Make me, big guy" Pinkie replied with a flirting look making Twilight uncomfortable.

"[cough] I can see that everything is fine here, I should check Rainbow dash weather report now" Twilight said going to the door but she was interrupted by the arrival of Fluttershy.

Fluttershy entered the bakery to show Twilight, Roxas, and Pinkie Pie the creature she found I'm the forest, but inexplicably, there were three now instead of one.

"What is this thing?"Roxas asked getting closer to Fluttershy to inspect the creature.

"I dont know...it just...got closer to me" Fluttershy answered.

"They look kinda cute" Roxas said.

"You guys want one?" Fluttershy asked her friends.

"Hmm... I'll take one for future studies, it will also make Spike company from now on" Twilight said.

"I'll think I pass, I don't have time for a pet" Roxas said.

Although Roxas didn't want one, Pinkie was disgusted by the creature the moment she saw it.

"Aghhhh parasprites, now I need to find a trombone and a drum"Pinkie pie said disgustedly about the creature.

"Did she just call this creature a parasprite?" Twilight said.

''Sometimes I just don't get how that mare thinks, but on the bright side she won't be eating more of the cakes and other sweets we made'' Roxas said.

"Hahaha, you're right Roxas now the princess carpet won't get dirty"Twilight said.

Hearing Twilight talk about carpets, Roxas remembered another thing he needed to do.

"I almost forgot, Rarity told me new information about my new clothes I'm going to check her out, wanna come with me Twilight?" Roxas said.

"Sure I'll go with you, I need to check if everything is going fine with Rarity, she's making the decorations" Twilight said.

After they left sugarcube corner the duo arrived at Carousel Boutique. Rarity was putting the finishing touches on Rainbow Dash's elaborate dress while having Rainbow dash wearing it.

"What a beautiful dress Rarity" Twilight replied.

"Thank you, my dear, I worked really hard to make it special."Rarity said.

"Wow Rainbow dash, I never thought you could wear a dress it looks fantastic" Roxas said.

"Well Roxas, a lady must look good in all of her performances" Rainbow dash said.

"Also thank you for saying that it looks good on me" Rainbow said blushing.

"So Roxas, what brings you here"Rarity asked.

"Rarity, I just wanted to ask, if my clothes are ready yet?" Roxas said.

"Almost maybe on two or three days be patient darling" Rarity said

"2 or 3 days got it, thank you so much Rarity"

"Oh Rarity I wanted to talk with you about Fluttershy" Twilight said.

"What about her?" Rarity asked.

"Did she bring you one of those things..."

Twilight then takes out her parasprite to show it to Rarity, but she discovered that she was carrying not one, but three of them.

"Owwww no she didn't, these things are pretty cute" Rarity said.

"Yeah this one put its eyes on me"Rainbow said.

"I'll take one if it doesn't bother you" Rarity said.

"Go ahead, no problem"Twilight said.

Rarity and Rainbow dash grabbed one parasprite for themselves.

Everypony seemed pleased with their new pet, but Roxas was not falling for them, he knew something was wrong with them.

''How does This thing keeps multiplying itself, the situation is starting to get crazy around here" Roxas explained.

But he decided to let Twilight take care of it because Roxas still had some farm chores to do.

"I'll let you handle this Twilight I'm sure one of your books has the answer in case these creatures become rogue, for now, I'm gonna go back to the farm and help AJ out with the farm chores later guys'' Roxas said as he left the boutique.

"See you tomorrow Roxas," the three mares said.

After the day ended and Roxas finished all the assignments Applejack assigned to him, so when the night arrived the stallion went directly to Zecora's hut, she wasn't there so he started making some time seeing the house.

"I can see Zecora's been busy traveling around the world, she has an entire collection of strange artifacts" Roxas thought walking around the house.

Seconds later Zecora finally arrived.

"Zecora, I wanted to talk about something" Roxas said.

"So you came to hear, why I know the true pretty clear " Zecora said.

"Yeah, tell me why you know all these things about me, what did you do?"Roxas asked.

"I don't know anything, but I'm about to learn everything"Zecora explained.

"Huh?" Roxas thought.

"Come closer" Zecora said pointing to the cauldron.

Roxas approached the cauldron that Zecora had in the middle of her house.

"Touch the water, and your true self while revealed lighter or darker" Zecora said.

Roxas touched the water and the image of how he really looked showed to themselves.

"As I expected, your true self just reflected" Zecora said.

"Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question" Roxas answered.

"When I looked at you for the first time, I sense nothing, like if you didn't be alive" Zecora explained.

"A creature who is part of the light, but yet it prefers to use the power of the night" Zecora explained.

"Yeah I know, that's the meaning of a nobody"Roxas said.

"Nobodies, so that's how you called your world disease" Zecora said.

"Wait!!!" Zecora shouted

"What is it? Did you sense something else?"Roxas asked.

"Inside of you something is lurking on your fragmented soul, weird creatures digging up an entire hole " Zecora said.

"Fragmented soul? What's that supposed to mean?"Roxas asked confused.

"COME TOMORROW AT THE EDGE OF THE TWILIGHT and you will find your life highlight" Zecora said.

Roxas returned to the farm thinking about all that Zecora said, but he couldn't find a teal answer to all of his questions the most brilliant thing to do was visit her again, in the time she gave to him.

"Fragmented soul?, two creatures inside me?" Roxas thought.

"Now that's interesting, so there's another guy inside somewhere here" Nightmare said.

"Don't do anything stupid, you could be killed by that thing" Roxas explained.

"Well, I don't like nosy neighbors" Nightmare said disappearing.

"Ugh, this is going to be a pain"Roxas thought closing his eyes.

Day 13: An Infestation.

A new day arrived at the golden oak library but something was off, Twilight woke up surrounded by parasprites, her entire house was infested by the "cute creatures"

"Spike!!!!" She screamed calling for his friend.

Spike was trying to contain the parasprites on a basket but he couldn't.

"Twilight why is there too many of these things" Spike asked.

"I don't know, let's get rid of them before they tear up the rest of my books" Twilight said running downstairs.

Meanwhile, in Rainbow Dash's home, Rainbow Dash's parasprites began clinging into her body, driving her mad in the process.

"Stop, don't touch that area" Rainbow dash said shaking her entire body.

"LEAVE ME ALONE" she shouted.

In Carousel Boutique Rarity is fond of her helpful swarm.

"These guys are really useful, I should have known before" Rarity said.

Everything was going tremendously until she witnessed the parasprites unsightly method of reproduction; namely, coughing up/vomiting new parasprites.

"OH...MY...EWWWW" Rarity shouted.

Even Fluttershy has lost control over the swarm in her house as they go ramped all over the place and bothering her pet animals.

"Oh no, Angel be careful do not hurt any of these guys..." Fluttershy said.

Twilight started to get angry about the creatures, so she started to read in search of any answer.

"Ghh If I don't find anything quickly these creatures will ruin the visit of princess Celestia." Twilight said.

In another part of the town, Pinkie pie was struggling to find more instruments for her cause.

"Where is that damn flute" Pinkie said.

Her friends assume she is just being random and disregard her efforts to collect more instruments.

Applejack and Roxas arrived moments after just seeing pinkie pie leave at high speed so they ask them what's going on and they fill them in.

"Girls what happened?, everyplace is chaos"Roxas said.

"The parasprites just take over all of ponyville"Rainbow said.

"Alright y'all ah gotta plan, just follow my signals all right?" Applejack said.

"Got it"Rainbow said

"Let's go"Roxas replied.

"Now" she screamed.

The mane six began reuniting the parasprites to one big spot, then Roxas used Magnet magic to keep them close for one and other.

"This should be all of them" Roxas informed.

"I'll help too" Twilight said casting a freeze spell on the giant ball of parasprites

"Alright sugarcube, now it's mah turn" Applejack said throwing a rope on all of them.

"Take them to the everfree forest" Rainbow suggested.

The ponies succeed in driving the parasprites into the Everfree Forest.

"Let's see if Fluttershy's all right" Roxas suggested.

The group headed to Fluttershy's cottage.

Unfortunately, when they arrived, a dense swarm of parasprites busted out from inside the house.

"What the... Rainbow shouted.

The group saw an embarrassed Fluttershy in the center of the room.

''Seriously?, Fluttershy thanks to you we have to round them up all over again''! Roxas said a little angry.

"I couldn't, I'm sorry" Fluttershy said with sadness in her eyes.

"Sorry Fluttershy I shouldn't have yelled at you" Roxas replied.

"Don't worry guys I've got this" Rainbow dash said creating a small tornado around the parasprites.

Everything was working until Pinkie Pie appear with a pair of cymbals. Sadly the cymbals were drawn into the tornado; Rainbow Dash tried to dodge them, but they break her concentration to keep the tornado causing a big failure.

"Rainbow you okay?" Roxas asked.

"Yeah, I think I am"Rainbow dash replied.

"Let's go back to town" Roxas suggested.

The ponies watched in horror as the parasprites began to eat all the food in town.

"Twilight do something, if we don't stop them now the entire of ponyville will die of hunger" Applejack shouted.

"I have an idea for now" Twilight replied.

Twilight cast a spell to stop the parasprites from consuming food. However, the parasprites started devouring everything that wasn't food: signposts, lamps, Rarity's dresses, and even the words from Twilight's books.

"NOOO... my beautiful dresses it cant be"Rarity said at the edge of crying.

''Well so much for that idea... any other suggestions Twilight before the whole town is eaten up'' Roxas said.

''I know I'll bring a parasprite to Zecora maybe she has a solution in the meantime hold down the fort until I get back''. Twilight said.

"Copy that, let's go, girls, time to become pets control agents" Roxas said summoning the Keyblade.

Twilight went to the library and grabbed one parasprite to deliver it to Zecora.

Meanwhile, the group was using everything they got to defeat the horde of parasprites.

"Sorry little guys, FIRE" Roxas said summoning a fire curtain.

"Oh no I can't watch any more of this" Fluttershy said closing her eyes.

Minutes later Twilight finally arrived at Zecora's hut showing the parasprite hoping she could find the answer.

"Is that a parasprite in front of my eyes?" Zecora asked.

"Yeah they are all over the city, I hope you had the answer for this problem" Twilight said.

"I don't know dear, the parasprites are so old I couldn't have the time to study them all clear" Zecora said.

"Oh no, ¿now what? The party is going to be ruined" Twilight said.

"Wait Twilight, maybe I don't know the answer you are looking for, but I'm sure that one of your friends knows more" Zecora said.

"Thank you Zecora" Twilight replied.

Twilight arrived at ponyville just to see that every citizen was fighting against the parasprites, but she also saw Princess Celestia's arrival.

Frantic and almost hysterical, Twilight began to formulate a plan to build a replica of Ponyville next to the real one before the Princess's arrival.

"Okay...okay...okay...okay, I'll add a house right there and some signs there..."

When all seemed lost, Pinkie Pie showed up with a one-pony band, playing the instruments she gathered.

"Pinkie?!"Twilight thought.

"Wow look at that"Roxas pointed out.

Twilight suspected this to be another one of her games, but she and her friends watch how the parasprites become attracted to the music and follow the "Pinkie Pied Piper" out of Ponyville.

"Yeah way to go Pinkie" Roxas replied.

"Nice one Pinkie" Rainbow dash replied.

Then she remembered what Zecora said knowing that Pinkie was the only one who knew how to deal with the parasprites.

"Thank Celestia she was right" Twilight said relaxed.

At the town's outskirts, the friends meet Princess Celestia, who thinks the orderly, bouncing parasprites are part of a parade in her honor.

"What a weird parade" Celestia said.

"Princess, I'm really sorry for all this mess" Twilight said bowing to the princess.

"What mess? I never thought your friend was able to control the parasprites" Celestia said.

Minutes later Roxas, and the rest of the mane 6 arrived at the conversation.

"Oh look at that hello Celestia how you been?" Roxas shouted but Twilight cover his mouth up.

"Roxas that's not the way to speak to the royalty" Twilight informed.

"It's okay Twilight, it's good to have somepony who treats me normally in some time" Celestia said.

"Oh, I apologize your Majesty" Twilight replied.

"Dont worry, I came here to inform you about two" Celestia informed.

"What is it?"Roxas asked.

"First of all, I have to suspend my visit to ponyville, the citizens of Fillydelphia informed me about some "incredible bothersome shadow creatures" Celestia spoke.

"Hmm so they finally are arriving in this world" Roxas thought

"The next thing is for Roxas, my sister really wants to see you, I organized a personal meeting with her in the gala, she expects you to come" Celestia explained.

" I'll be there, I promise." Roxas replied.

"Good it will be a pleasure to receive you in Canterlot" Celestia nodded.

"And the last thing?" Twilight asked.

"I wanted to hear your friendship report face to face" Celestia replied.

"Oh...that...well today I learn that the solutions of one's problems can come from unlike sources, I learned to trust my friends to hear them and to understand their point of view, that's all for now" Twilight informed.

"Very good my apprentice, it's a shame that I had to move my visit, but the next time I expect a good party for us" Celestia said.

"Very good, we will be prepared for anything, goodbye Princess Celestia." Twilight replied calming down for a second.

"Later, my little ponies" Celestia said parting off.

The mane 5 and Roxas approached Pinkie pie.

"Sorry Pinkie pie, we should have listened to you" Roxas said.

"Oh don't worry guys I know I can be a little random, but that doesn't mean that everything I do is related to parties, or maybe yes? I dunno" Pinkie pie said.

"Well, little random is not the word I use to describe you"Rainbow dash said.

"Exotic, will be the word" Applejack said.

Everyone laugh at Rainbow dash and Applejack comments, after that they all proceeded to help rebuild ponyville.

A couple of hours later, Roxas found out that it was going to be the time Zecora told him.

"Sorry girls, I have something really important to do, maybe I'll see you later"Roxas said.

"Wait where are you going, pal?" Rainbow das asked.

"Some personal business don't worry about me"Roxas said.

"But what about the ice cream in the sunset?" Applejack asked.

"It's just one day you'll be fine" Roxas said.

The girls looked sad but they understand Roxas's situation.

Roxas went again to Zecora's hut, but this time the introduction was different, Zecora cut down some hairs of Roxas and put them on the cauldron.

"Ouch What's this all about?" Roxas asked.

"You will see" Zecora answered.

The cauldron started to boil revealing something new to Zecora.

"It looks like part of your memories are blurred, specifically the parts where this Sora is in turn" Zecora said.

"WHAT?, you know Sora?"Roxas asked.

"Not in person" Zecora said.

"He's part of you, the light he once used with his crew" Zecora said.

"But the part of Darkness, I can't feel it, it lurks inside you waiting to harm us" Zecora said.

"Tell me then what's wrong with me?" Roxas said.

"It's hard to say it"Zecora said.

"Tell me, I'm prepared" Roxas said.

"Roxas you were born to be used for a bigger purpose, just you wait until they need your service" Zecora said.

"Service? Who is it? Xemnas?" Roxas said.

"Wha....what? I'm seeing something else."Zecora said.

"Your whole existence is meant to be part of someone, either light or darkness you will become one..." Zecora said stopping her watch.

"What's that supposed to mean" Roxas asked.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I'm the one who tells this to you, but the purpose in life is to end that's the true" Zecora said.

"Why..why did you say such a thing?" Roxas asked.

"I'm sorry but your true objective in life is to be completed as a whole person, maybe you fight for the light or maybe you fight for the darkness, which way you'll choose" Zecora said stopping rhyming because of the insanity of the situation.

"None of that, my heart belongs to me, I could do whatever I want, I can choose" Roxas said.

"I'm....really sorry Roxas, but sooner or later you will have to fulfill your destiny, that's how life works" Zecora said.

"No, this...this can't be" Roxas said.

"Go on Roxas think about the situation, when the time arrives visit me again, or if you want to get some healing potions, It will be a pleasure to heal your Zen" Zecora said.

"And Exactly when?" Roxas said.

"Whenever you are ready" Zecora said.

"Okay..."Roxas answered.

Roxas began walking back to the farm, it was late and everypony was sleeping.

He wanted to cry, but he couldn't.

After he left the Everfree forest he arrived at Fluttershy cottage, feeling depressed and not planning anything he knocked on the door accidentally.

Luckily Fluttershy was still up.

"Roxas? what are you doing here?" She asked.

"What do you mean, where am I?" Roxas asked.

"You're outside of my house" Fluttershy said.

"Oh sorry...I just head up to the farm" Roxas said.

"Don't you wanna stay, is pretty late outside" Fluttershy said.

"I dont know... I'm feeling like trash and I don't if your bunny will approve this" Roxas said.

"Oh Angel? He isn't here, one week of the month he lives in the forest, so I guess you're lucky today." Fluttershy said.

"Ok... ok..."Roxas said.

"Are you okay?, you look really sad" Fluttershy said.

"Ugh it's nothing" Roxas said.

"Come on, you can tell me, I'm a good listener" Fluttershy said.

"Well, what would you do if you knew that you are going to cease to exist in the future" Roxas asked.

"I feel depressed, I don't know if I want to keep fighting" Roxas said with tears coming from his eyes.

Fluttershy hugged Roxas and surprisingly make him calm.

"Roxas, you don't need to feel like that, I'll be honest with you, I usually had the same thoughts before, until I found peace and security alongside my animals and my friends, I knew I wasn't alone anymore." Fluttershy said.

" You have us as your friends, I know we will find a way to help you" Fluttershy said.

"You think so?, I'm scared of hurting others in case I become evil" Roxas said

"Don't say that... just think how many ponies you saved, there are moments I think you aren't a nobody, you feel, you laugh, you get angry, for me, that's enough to believe that you really have a heart" Fluttershy said.

Those words make Roxas cry on Fluttershy's shoulders.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for screaming at you in the day, I would never do that again...I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry." Roxas said.

"Don't worry about it, it was my fault" Fluttershy said.

"No...no it wasn't your fault, now...I understand why you are the element of kindness" Roxas replied crying intensely.

"It's okay, it's okay... let's go to bed" Fluttershy suggested.

After that little talk, Fluttershy prepared the guest bed, so Roxas could sleep in there.

When Roxas went to sleep, Fluttershy saw that he was still crying so she decide to stay alongside him for the night.

Roxas grabbed Fluttershy with his wings and hooves and started calming down.

Fluttershy was completely red thinking about what Twilight have said two days ago.

"So this is the feel of sleeping with a stallion" Fluttershy said.

"Oh no, what am I thinking Roxas needs me, I won't disappoint him now, I'm going to be with him" Fluttershy said closing her eyes.

They both sleep well that night.