• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 1,574 Views, 41 Comments

Harmony of Light: An Oath to Return season 1. - Xionforgotten



This story takes place between KH 358/2 days and Kingdom Hearts 2, Roxas the keyblade chose one falls into the world of equestria where he is going to find the truth meaning of friendship while he protects his new friends from the heartless.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,574

Chapter 11: Competition.

Day 16: Competition Day

Morning came by inside Applejack's room, when she awoke she saw that Roxas was still nuzzling and rubbing her flanks, body, and mane with his hooves and wings in his sleep. She waited a few more minutes enjoying the moment before waking Roxas up.

With a gentle push, he woke up Roxas.

'' Morning Sugarcube How are you feeling''?

''[Yawn] Morning Applejack I'm feeling better now, thanks to you no nightmares came back to haunt again" Roxas explained.

"Glad I was able to help" Applejack answered.

"I got to say your not just big, warm, and cozy but you're also very fuzzy too, I never experienced something like that before, I like it" Roxas said.

'' Aww shut up Roxas hehehe.... you're gonna make me blush'' Applejack answered.

'' I'm just being honest with you, I never felt so...completed in my entire life, that makes me want to be with you and the others even more'' Roxas continued.

Applejack became red from Roxas comment and just act on instinct by giving him a strong hug and a kiss on the cheek.

'' What... What was that Applejack?'' Roxas asked.

'' Hehehe, that was a kiss Roxas, ponies do that to those they care about, it's a way to show affection to others, but if you do it on the lips that's for a very special occasion, and it's way better doing it there'' Applejack explained.

"Have you ever kissed somepony on the lips before?" Roxas said.

"WOAH, N..No....I mean...well, fuuu it's getting hot in here don't you think?"Applejack said turning red.

'' He, don't worry thanks for telling that I'm looking forward to trying those out someday with you girls'' Roxas said giving Applejack a hug

'' Me too sugarcube, but when the time is right you'll know when to act upon them" Applejack said.

"I hope so" Roxas answered.

"In the meantime why don't we eat something, and after that, do you want to spend some time playing outside with me? I have a day off from Farm Work'' Applejack suggested

"Of course, it'll give us a chance to get to know each other better, I can't wait''. Roxas said with a smile.

Both ponies went downstairs to eat something, after that, they went outside to play a small game of horseshoes.

"Check this out" Applejack said throwing both horseshoes to the stake on the first try.

'' Oh yeah I still got it''. Applejack said.

'' Nice shot Applejack, now it's my turn'' Roxas said throwing the horseshoe

During their game at Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow dash saw the scene from above and went in to join in on the fun.

"Woohoo, careful there" Rainbow screamed informing her friends.

"Hey Rainbow wanna play?" Roxas said.

"This? Please let's play something harder than a simple game of horseshoes" Rainbow said throwing both horseshoes at the stake.

'' Hoo-wee! Not a bad pitch for a pony who works with her head in the clouds'' Applejack said.

''Oh yeah? Think you can do better, cowgirl?'' Rainbow said mocking Applejack.

'' I know I can. [grunt] Oh, for Pete's sake!'' Applejack said.

"Heh! Looks like this Pegasus can pitch better than the workhorse. The object of the game is to get the closest to the stake." Rainbow said.

'' All right, all right. You got another throw there, ponygirl''Applejack said.

Rainbow threw the horseshoe really close to the stake.

"Wow, Rainbow, heh. You couldn't hit a barn door with that kind of a throw!'' Applejack said sarcastically.

'' Yeah, yeah. I still have the closest throw, hey Roxas Just try to beat my shot''. Rainbow said.

"Okay how about this!''

Roxas close his eyes and spin around at face speed then he tosses it in the air. The horseshoe moved around like a boomerang wall bouncing many buildings, the barn, the chicken coop, the farmhouse, and zig-zagging the pig fences until it landed at the horseshoe stake.

"Yee-haw! It's a ringer. That's how you do it down here on the farm nice shot Roxas, now let me show on how a mare gets her job done seriously'' Applejack said.

Applejack grabs the horseshoe with her hoof and concentrates on the target.

When she threw it, her horseshoe managed to knock away Rainbow dash's one giving it an extra boost to hit the stake as well but with the extra force it had after hitting Dash horseshoe it manages to get Roxas horseshoe to sink down deep underneath the ground.

'' Yes looks like I'm the winner'' Applejack smiles in triumph

'' Wow very impressive Applejack you manage to take me and dash out for the count''. Roxas said.

'' I lost''. Rainbow said.

''Ah, don't feel bad, Rainbow. It's all in good fun'' Applejack said.

''I hate losing''. Rainbow dash explained.

"Besides, you're a mighty good athlete. But I'm just better. Heh heh heh'' Applejack said.

"All right, Applejack, you think you're the top athlete in all of Ponyville?" Rainbow dash said.

''Well, I was gonna say in all of Equestria, but that might be gildin' the lily'' Applejack said.

"...and I think I'm the top athlete. So let's prove it''. Rainbow said.

"Prove what?"Applejack said with confusion.

''I challenge you to an Iron Pony competition. A series of athletic contests to decide who's the best, once and for all'' Rainbow dash said.

"What?" Roxas said.

"You know what, Rainbow? Count me in''. Applejack accepted the offer.

'' Roxas get the others and bring them here, we need an Audience''. Applejack and Rainbow said at the same time.

"Oh men, this is going to be bad, I think" Roxas said.

A little bit later Roxas came back with the rest of their friends, Applejack and Rainbow told them what they were needed for. Pinkie Pie, Roxas, and Rarity are spectators, Twilight Sparkle is the events' judge, Spike will act as the announcer, and Fluttershy tallies the scores.

'' Hello everypony, and welcome to the first annual Iron Pony competition!'' Spike said.

'' Uh, Spike, who are you talking to?'' Twilight said.

'' Um... uh, them! Let the games begin''!

"Are you ready girls, Ready, set, go" Twilight said.

Seeing both of his friends compete like that, made one of Roxas memories pop up without any advice

"Ugh what the...? Roxas said grabbing his head.

[Kairi theme KH 1.5 starts]

Roxas was seeing a beach, and on the shore, three teens were talking.

"We will finish the raft together later but what about a small competition?" a girl with red hair said.

"Uh?" a brown-haired kid said.

"Really? Right now? Give me a break" a silver-haired kid said.

"Ready? Go!!" The girl shouted.

Both teens look at each other and seconds later began running to the other side of the beach.

That was the end of Roxas memory.

[Kairi theme 1.5 ends]

"Ugh, where am I?" Roxas said grabbing his head.

"Are you okay Roxas?" Pinkie asked.

"You looked pale a moment ago" Fluttershy added.

"Was that another memory?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah I think it was...but I couldn't see much of it, looks like Twilight spell is working" Roxas commented.

"Glad to hear that, if something bothers you, just tell me ok?" Twilight replied.

"Sure..." Roxas answered.

After Roxas memory event, Applejack was able to complete the first event of the iron pony challenge, the barrel weave, she did it exactly in 17 seconds, unfortunately, she bumped into one of the barrels resulting in her having a 5-second penalty. Rainbow Dash brushed through flawlessly in 18 seconds winning the race and earning one point.

Next up is the Strength Test and Rainbow Dash was the first to do it, she bucked the hammer hard enough to hit the bell at the top with ease.

''Mighty respectable, [spit] but let me show ya how it's really done [grunt]'' Applejack kicked the hammer hard enough to break it and send the bell flying meters away earning a point for that.

And so the competition truly began.

[bell rings]
[ponies cheer]

"What!!?" Rainbow shouted.

'' Sorry...Years of applebuckin''. Applejack said kicking the tree where Rainbow was.

["Shave and a haircut from the apples falling on the tree"...]
[bell rings]

'' Ugh this isn't over you know, I'll beat you on the next one.''

The goal of the next test, the Bronco Buck, is to buck Spike off in the shortest amount of time.

'' Waa-hoo, cmon Applejack!'' Granny Smith shouted.

'' Whoo-hoo you can do it Sis!''

"Eeyup!'' Big mac added.

In the meantime Spike was preparing for the rodeo, shaking in fear of just thinking about it.

'' Why me?'' Spike said.

'' Ready...set...Go!'' Twilight shouted giving the signal to Applejack.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa-whoa! Whoa! Whoaaa! Ouch'' Spike screamed flying directly to a bunch of wheat. But in reality, it was Rainbow dash back.

'' Ready for another pony ride?'' She said.

'' No, wait'' Spike said.

"And Go!!!'' Twilight said.

Rainbow using her enormous speed, began shaking his entire body sending Spike on a one-way trip to the heavens.

'' Guh guh guh guh guh guh guh guh guh guh guh guhwhoaaaaaa!''

'' And Rainbow Dash wins the bronco-buck''.

[bell rings]
'' And I lose''.
[ponies cheer]

Next up is Calf Roping, the contestants must lasso Spike; Applejack easily does this as Rainbow Dash accidentally ties herself to a tree branch.

''[grunt] come here'' Applejack said throwing the lasso to Spike's legs.

'' Whoa! [grunt] How do I get roped into these things''? Spike replied.

''[grunt] Does this count?'' Rainbow dash said trying to untie the rope from a tree.

[bell rings]

[ponies cheer]

[bell rings]

In the next round, Rainbow Dash beats Applejack at balancing and bouncing balls.

'' Yuh''! [blows raspberry]
Rainbow said.
[ponies cheer]

[bell rings]

Applejack brings the score back to 3-3 by shot-putting a bale of hay a further distance.

Applejack: ''[grunt] Wah''!

[bell rings]

Rainbow Dash wins the arm-wrestling match.

Rainbow Dash: ''Yeah''.
[ponies gasp]

Applejack bucks a football much further (4-4).

Applejack: ''I'm not finished yet''.

[ponies cheers]

Halfway through the competition, the ponies are tied 5-5, and most of Ponyville has joined the spectator stands.

'' Fillies and gentle colts, at the halfway point, our competitors are tied at five and five''. Spike said.

'' Who are you talking to?'' Twilight asked.

'' To Them!'' Spike answered.

Now the entire area was filled by the ponies of ponyville.

[crowd chatters]

''Hey where did all these ponies come from and how come we didn't see any coming our way''? Roxas said while scratching his mane.

Refusing to lose, Rainbow Dash starts winning more events by using her wings. She briefly flaps her wings to win a grueling push-up contest, propels herself forward in the Long Jump to gain a few more inches, and carries a flock of baby chicks on her outstretched wings in a race across some mud. After that, the two competitors made it to the last event, a game of Tug of War.

'' All right, you two. This is the final event. Give it all you've got''. Twilight said.

"GO APPLEJACK, GO RAINBOW DASH" Roxas shouted.

"Wait, which side are you on Roxas?" Pinkie said.

"Who do you think it's going to win?" Rarity said.

"I don't know but if I had to guess, probably Applejack she has more leg strength than Rainbow" Roxas commented.

"But I don't know Rainbow is pretty skilled too"

"Interesting perception" Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack:''[grunting]''

" 3...2...1 now!!!

Both girls began pulling the rope with all their strength.

'' Looks like the workhorse might come out ahead in this one''. Spike commented.

Seeing that she was losing to Applejack's technique, Rainbow decided to use her wings as an advantage.

''[muffled] That's not fair. You can't use your wings to help you win''. Applejack mumbled.

''[muffled] Huh? What did you say?'' Rainbow answered.

''[muffled] You're cheating!'' Applejack said.

''[muffled] I can't understand you with that rope in your mouth''. Rainbow explained.

''[spits] I said... uh-oh [grunt]''.

Applejack lost her grip on the rope and fall down into the mud pit.

[crowd cheers]

[bell rings]

And with a staggering 15-5, Rainbow Dash "wins" the competition.

'' Whoo-hoo! I win by a landslide... or mudslide in your case. [chuckles] I am the Iron Pony!'' Rainbow dash said.

'' Only 'cause you cheated!'' Applejack said incriminating Rainbow dash.

'' What? What are you talking about'' Rainbow asked.

'' You used your wing power to help you win over half those contests!''

'' Sounds like sour apples to me''.

'' Are you sayin' you didn't use your wings?'' Applejack questioned.

'' Well... no. But you never said I couldn't use my wings''. Rainbow answered.

'' I didn't think I needed to tell you to play fair''. Applejack said.

'' I still would have won even without my wings''. Rainbow answered.

'' Hah! Prove it''. Applejack exclaimed.

'' Gladly. How''? Rainbow asked.

'' Today is the annual Runnin' of the Leaves. I challenge you to race me in it'' Applejack explained.

'' Heh! Easy shmeasy''. Rainbow said

'' Hold on! There is one condition: the point is to run, so wings are not allowed''. Applejack explained.

'' No wings? Not a problem''.

Both girls sealed her pact with a hooveshake, it was time to see which one of them was the better competitor.

'' Uhh does anypony think that these two might be getting carried away to see who's better?'' Roxas asked

'' Don't worry about your feather wings Roxas, this is how Applejack and Rainbow settle their issues towards one another''. Pinkie pie said as she grabs his neck into an arm hug right next to her.

"Still, I think there are better options to solve this problem"

The scene cuts to black and fades to Twilight, Roxas, and Spike walking to the race. Spike mentions he wants to be the race's announcer, but the frame pans to Pinkie Pie in the Twinkling Balloon, who has already taken the role of the announcer.

She explains that the competition is one of Ponyville's traditions and its purpose is to shake the autumn leaves off the trees with the pounding of footsteps. As the racers gather at the starting line, Applejack makes sure Rainbow Dash will keep good on her promise by tying her wings up.

"This can only end badly, I need to think of a better solution for this" Roxas thought.

"I GOT IT!!" He said.

"Twilight how about..." Roxas murmured his plan to Twilight, she agreed to be part of it to aid her friend the next minutes.

'' I'm ready to run a good, clean race''. Applejack commented.

'' Yeah, yeah...whatever you say'' Rainbow answered

'' Remember, You are not allowed to use your wings''. Applejack explained.

'' I could win this race with both wings tied behind my back''. Rainbow answered with her cocky attitude.

''[grunts] Trussed up like a turkey. Well, a turkey who can't fly, that is''. Applejack said mocking Rainbow.

'' Very funny''. She answered.

'' Least now we know we're racin' fair and square''. Applejack said.

[trumpets]
'' Racers! Please take your positions!'' Pinkie shouted.

"This should be easy" Applejack thought

"Wait there are two other ponies lest to compete " Roxas said.

To Applejack and Rainbow dash surprise, Twilight Sparkle and Roxas had joined the race to experience it themselves.

'' Twilight, Roxas? What in tarnation are you doin' up here?". Applejack said.

'' We're racing''. Twilight explained

''Hahaha ah, that's a Good one, Twilight''. Rainbow laugh it up.

"I'm not joking''. Twilight said.

'' What?, Unlike Roxas, You're not an athlete, you're a... well... you're an egghead''. Rainbow explained.

'' I am not an egghead, I am well-read''. Twilight said.

'' [softly] Egghead'' Rainbow murmured.

'' [snickers] But have you ever run a race before?'' Applejack asked.

'' Well, no, but I do know a lot about running''. Twilight answered.

'' And you know this from...'' Rainbow asked.

'' Books. I've read several on the subject''. Twilight responds.

'' What'd you read, The Egghead's Guide to Running?"Did you stretch out your eye muscles to warm up? Hahaha, Get it? Eye muscles." Rainbow said mocking Twilight again.

'' Come one, cut it out Rainbow, we just want to challenge ourselves in this race, we're not here to win.''

" Scoff it if you must, Rainbow, Roxas is right. The Running of the Leaves is a Ponyville tradition, and since I'm here to learn, I've decided I should experience it myself.'' Twilight said.

'' Well, I think that's just dandy, Twilight. Good luck you two. [snickers]'' Applejack said.

'Thanks Applejack" Roxas said.

'' Yeah. See you at the finish line... tomorrow''. Rainbow said.

"Do I have to recall the fact that I am almost as fast as you?" Roxas challenged Rainbow.

"Oh...you wanna play like that Spiky after I finished with Applejack you're next." Rainbow said.

"I look forward to it" Roxas answered.

After the group discussed their opinions about each other, Pinkie pie and Spike were about to give the start signal.

'' All right, ponies, are you ready?'' Pinkie said.

'' Get set''. Spike added

"GOOO!!!"

[bell rings]

'' And they're off! Welcome to the official coverage of the Running of the Leaves! You know, Spike, despite its name, the leaves don't do any of the actual running. No, that's left to my little ponies''. Pinkie commented.

'' Why, yes, Pinkie, it's the running of the ponies that causes the leaves to fall''. Spike explained.

'' Ugh. Those lazy, lazy leaves. But this year, the run is about more than the weather. It's about the race to the finish and the two runners who want to win it: Applejack and Rainbow Dash''. Pinkie commented.

'' You know, Pinkie, these two ponies have a bit of a grudge match they're trying to settle. Trying to prove who's the most athletic''. Spike said.

'' Yes, and "grudge" rhymes with "fudge". She said.

'' Yes... it... does''.

The marathon begins and Rainbow Dash and Applejack are already leading,
determined to win once and for all. They are neck and neck sometimes Rainbow had the lead and other times Applejack had the lead.

'' Not so easy without wings, is it?'' Applejack questioned.

'' Come on, Rainbow. Show 'em a little dash''. She thought.

'' Ho-hold your horses, Pinkie! Rainbow Dash is catching up with the frontrunner Applejack!'' Spike said.

'' What an upset. I thought Applejack had this in the bag''. Pinkie said.

Rainbow catch Applejack once again in the first place.

'' You didn't think I was gonna let you off that easily, did you?''

Applejack suddenly trips over a rock and loses first place.

'' Whoa! I don't believe it''. Applejack said.

Roxas and Twilight catch up to aid the farmer made.

'' Applejack you okay?'' Roxas asked.

'' No, Rainbow Dash just tripped me''. Applejack answered.

'' Actually she did not''. Twilight said.

'' She did too!'' Applejack said.

'' She did not, and if you slowed down a bit and looked where you're going, like me and Roxas, you'd see that you tripped over a rock''. Twilight questioned.

'' What? Oh, hayseed! Now I got a lot of ground to make up to catch Rainbow''. Applejack said.

'' Just be careful!''

'' See you at the finish line!'' Applejack said.

When the farmer mare left, Roxas and Twilight started talking about what happened recently on the gray stallion's mind.

'' Hey Roxas have you been experiencing any more nightmares lately?'' Twilight asked.

Roxas gasp from her question and breathe in and out as he prepares to tell her what new nightmare did he recently encounter.

" I've been having some Nightmares where my boss Xemnas kills you in cold blood. Roxas explained.

'' WHAT? I can't believe this, how can Xemnas be that cruel and heartless He's a Psychopath Monster''. Twilight answered in shock.

'' Yeah, I know he won't stop tormenting me unless I go back working for him. Twilight if I don't make the right decision on how to handle this problem you and the others could die by his magic. I don't want to lose you all'' Roxas said.

'' Thanks for telling me this, we won't be getting rid of that easily Roxas and we will find a way to help you overcome your psychological trauma, I Promise''. Twilight said.

"Anything else?"Twilight asked.

"Aside from that nightmares sometimes I experienced some memories of Sora I Think, but your lock spell has been helping a lot" Roxas said.

"Glad to hear that" Twilight said.

They both continued walking for a little bit.

"Roxas do you know what this means?"

"I'm listening"

"We have to double our efforts on uncovering your past faster before the organization finds you so we can find a way to save your life." Twilight suggested.

"If that's the case then we have to step up our game" Roxas said.

"What are you suggesting?" Twilight asked.

''Two main things, first is that I don't know if you all could wield a Keyblade, but I could teach you some magic spells and everything I know from our enemies.'' Roxas said.

" I get it, you want to train us" Twilight said.

"Exactly, the second thing is that I need the help from Sora's memories, so I need you to remove the magical lock you put on me" Roxas said.

'' What? you can't be serious Roxas if I do that then your mind will suffer even further painful migraines of your fractured past''. Twilight said.

'' I know it's risky but I need this to discover more of the truth, don't worry as long as I have one of you with me it will lessen the pain from inside"

"Pfff...Alright I'll think about it, but for now, let's continue enjoying the scenery's as we keep pacing ourselves''

And so they returned to the race.

'' I don't believe it. After a huge setback, Applejack is back at the front of the pack''.

'' She's the head of the pack, all right. The pick of the litter! The cat's pajamas!'' Pinkie commented.

'' Oookay... let's get back to the race''. Spike said

Rainbow Dash slowed a little bit to a comfortable trot, confident of her lead, but Applejack runs past her instantly.

'' Not so fast, Applejack! This race isn't over yet!'' Rainbow said.

That is until the Pegasus trips over a stump and falls to the ground losing even more advantage.

'' It is for you Heh''. Applejack said.

'' Whoa! Guh, I don't believe it, Applejack tripped me''. She thought.

'' Don't you ponies ever look where you're going? You tripped on a stump. See''? Twilight said.

'' Oh, I see. A big cheater is what I see''. Rainbow commented.

'' Rainbow, Applejack would never cheat. It was just an accident''. Twilight said.

'' Sure it was. I mean, yeah, I'm sure it was''. Rainbow said.

'' Rainbow we're being serious with you right now applejack had nothing to do with you falling''. Roxas added.

'' Roxas is right, remember Rainbow this is just a game''. Twilight said.

'' Yes, but the rules have changed, and two can play at that game''. Rainbow said

"Rainbow Dash, wait" Roxas called out but she kept going forward without listening to him.

'' Welcome back, Ponyvillians, it's me, Pinkie Pie''.

'' And Spike. Looks like Rainbow is doing her best to catch up''.

Catching up to Applejack, the two use the environment of the White Tail Woods to their advantage, from branches to bees to tree syrup.

Along the way, Rainbow Dash flipped an arrow sign, which pointed Applejack to a dead-end up in a nearby mountain. All the racers after Applejack continue on the original path and run past Rainbow Dash while she leans on the sign laughing.

When Twilight and Roxas stop by, they mention that all the other racers just ran past her. Dash runs off to get back in the race. Meanwhile, Applejack reaches the mountain summit and realizes Dash tricked her. Pinkie Pie offers her a lift in the Twinkling Balloon.

As they approached the home stretch, Applejack and Rainbow fought harder than ever before to finish first. When the finish line is in sight, they start deliberately bumping into each other sideways.

''Sweet Celestia Applejack and Rainbow dash are forgetting the purpose of this race''. Twilight said.

'' These two are gonna keep tearing each other apart that much for a competition." Roxas commented.

"That's it, it's time for my plan, I'm ending this Twilight see you on the other side''Roxas said as he increase his speed.

"Once again, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are neck and neck, jockeying for position. Applejack inches ahead, now it's Rainbow, it's Applejack, it's Rainbow Dash, it's Applejack..." Spike said.

[horn blaring, crowd cheering]

Applejack:'' [grunt]''

Spike:''Oh no, she didn't!

Pinkie Pie:'' Oh yes, she did''!

Applejack:'' Cut it out''!

Rainbow Dash:'' No, you cut it out''!

Applejack:'' You started it''.

Rainbow Dash: '' And now I'm gonna finish it''.

Applejack:'' Oh no, you won't''.

Rainbow Dash: '' Oh yes, I will. [grunt]
That's it! All bets are off''!

Applejack:''Oh no, you don't''.

In the resulting tussle, Applejack accidentally unties Rainbow Dash's ropes, allowing her to break her promise at the last second and fly.

Applejack intercepted her and they fought all the way to the finishing line. They start arguing about who finished first.

Rainbow Dash:'' I won''!

Applejack:'' No, I won''!

Rainbow Dash:'' I won''!

Spike:''You tied!''

Applejack and Rainbow Dash: '' Tied''?!

Applejack:'' For first?''

Pinkie Pie:'' For last!''

Applejack:'' Last''?!

Rainbow Dash:'' Then who won''?

"I did" Roxas said holding a colorful trophy.

Twilight came shortly after with a gold metal wrap around her neck.

'' Congratulations Roxas you won the Running of the Leaves Race''. Twilight said.

"Thanks Twilight, what place do you get?"Roxas asked.

"Fifth place, which is pretty good considering that I haven't raced before"Twilight answered.

"H...h....how is this possible" Applejack said.

"You both ran so slow" Rainbow dash said.

"Yeah, the first 10 minutes" Roxas said.

"We paced ourselves, just like my book said. Then at the end, when all the other ponies were worn out, We sprinted to the finish." Twilight explained.

'' I don't believe it. Roxas and Twilight beat us''. Rainbow said.

'' Well, with all your horsing around, it was quite easy for us''. Twilight said.

'' You're right, Twilight. Our behavior was just terrible''. Applejack said.

'' We weren't being good sports''. Rainbow dash said.

As Rainbow Dash and Applejack feel sorry for their own embarrassingly poor sportsmanship, Princess Celestia stepped forward.

'' Sounds to me that an important lesson was learned''. Celestia said

'' PrincessCelestia?!'' Rainbow and Applejack said.

'' W-What are you doin' here?'' Applejack asked.

'' Fall is one of my favorite seasons, so I came to celebrate the Running of the Leaves''.

'' I'm sorry you had to see us being such poor sports, Princess''. Rainbow commented.

'' That's all right, Rainbow. Anypony can get swept up in the excitement of competition''. Celestia added.

'' It's important to remember that the friendship is always more important than the competition''. Twilight said.

'' Otherwise you'll find yourselves wanting to be Enemies instead of Allies to each other''. Roxas added.

'' Exactly, Roxas and Twilight. Now, unfortunately, because the two of you were busy tricking each other instead of shaking down leaves, many of the lovely trees of Equestria are still covered''. Celestia said.

'' Why, Princess, I bet we can knock those leaves down for you lickety-split. Whaddya say, friend? Wanna go for another run?''
Applejack said.

'' I'd love to stretch my legs let's go'' Rainbow said.

Realizing that friendship was more important than any competition, the two last-place racers run off together again to finish off the rest of the trees.

'' And there off, finally they stop their petty feud before they both ended up breaking each other's bones '' Roxas said.

Twilight then walks right next to Roxas to tell him something.

'' Hey Roxas I've been thinking and well I decided to help you remove the magical lock that I put on you about the memories of Sora''. Twilight said.

'' What changed your mind?''

'' If we're gonna get to the bottom of your mysterious past we have to take risks to get the results we needed"

"You know the saying No pain, No gain, right? so I'll do it but I will make sure that we have the necessary safety precautions and immediate first-aid procedures for when it gets too dangerous for you to continue handling on your own''. Twilight explained.

''Thanks Twilight your the greatest friend ever''. Roxas said giving a little hug to Twilight.

"No problem, we're here to help you" Twilight said.

"I'm glad to hear that but first I need to discuss something with Celestia" Roxas said.

The gray stallion approached the princess to ask her about something she said a couple of days ago.

"Excuse me, princess, you say that weird creatures were appearing in other cities of this world, am I right? Roxas asked.

"Yes, it looks like some bug-like shadow creatures appear on the alleys of manhattan" Celestia said.

"This is worse than I thought" Roxas said.

"Is something wrong Roxas?" Celestia asked.

"Did you take care of them?" Roxas asked.

"Yes, some weapons of my guards defeated them" Celestia answered.

"Good to know, if any of that happens again, please tell me princess" Roxas said.

"Of course, you'll be the first to know" Celestia said.

"Thank you" Roxas said.

After the long race and the giant event, Roxas went to the top of the barn holding his new trophy.

After a little while, the mane 6 arrived with the sea-salt ice cream.

"Today sure was a fun day, right?"Roxas said asking the rest.

"Yeah it was, I loved working as a commentator"Pinkie pie said.

"The run was awesome, I can't wait to challenge you again Spiky" Rainbow dash said.

"Yeah fair and square" Applejack said.

"I hope we could make more animal help games" Fluttershy said.

"Even making Uniforms" Rarity said.

"But Thanks to this, I'm sure we learned a very important lesson about friendship" Twilight said.

Roxas saw his trophy, seeing the 7 crystal orbs that were in the bottom part of it.

He grabbed each one of them and removed them from the trophy.

"Girls catch"Roxas said passing the orbs to his friends.

"What's up with this Spiky" Rainbow said.

"Well this is going to be our friendship sign" Roxas said putting the orb in front of him, as the sun started to go down.

The mane 6 also did this action seeing the reflection of the light across their orbs.

When the night arrived, everypony returned home, Roxas was thinking about the possibility of having more nightmares now that the lock was removed.

"Let's see what happens tonight, I don't want to have another nightmare, maybe I should ask Applejack if I can stay in her room tonight"

So he asked Applejack if he could stay in his room again and repeat what happened earlier in the morning.

"Sure Roxas, your welcome every night until you recover, I need my star worker in good shape"

"Thanks Applejack"

And so they both went to sleep.