• Published 20th Jun 2021
  • 2,645 Views, 129 Comments

Twilight Scarlet - vincent789

  • ...
8
 129
 2,645

Blue Pegasus

Twilight was staring at the mountain. She felt both uncertain and excited at the prospect of this adventure. However the large amount of lost and potentially dead adventurers made her excitement drop somewhat.

"Say, are there any members of the Blue Pegasus on that list of missing adventurers?" Twilight asked the guard that was still busy compiling the information.

"I am not sure. I will take a look on the list regarding it. Why?" The guard asked distracted.

"I understand that Blue Pegasus would respond quickly on the guild quest, but not this quick. I mean we can see their flying boat already in the distance. Surely they would hesitate on such a uncertain mission." Twilight Explained.

"Hm. I suppose so. However their guild was close by to begin with." The guard said.

"I see." Twilight said.

"Aha! I found something!" The guard shouted.

"And?" Twilight asked worried.

"Yes. A certain Spatial magic user went missing here. It's a mage from their guild and she was quite famous." The guard explained.

"What was her name?" Twilight asked even more worried.

The guard gulped as he sees the name, "I was a big fan of her work, Karen Lilica." he said saddened.

"I see. What type of Spatial magic? Re-equip?" Twilight asked.

"No. Celestial spirit magic." The guard said.

Twilight then did a shocked double take, "What?!" she said surprised.

"She owned two golden keys. The lion and the ram." The guard said.

"I see. Then they will have an extra strong reason to be here." Twilight said.

"Are you not curious about anyone else?" The guard asked.

"I am curious. However are there any Fairy Tail members?" Twilight asked.

"No." The guard said.

"Then we will just safe anyone and everyone. Regardless which guild they are from." Twilight said.

"Even from black guilds?" The guard asked.

"I am not sure what a black guild is." Twilight said.

"I see. Let me explain, Every guild has to abide the rules of the magic council. Those that break these rules and continue to operate are deemed to be illegal guilds or black guilds as we like to call it." The guard explained.

"Yes. Even from black guilds. Regardless if they belong to an illegal guild or not." Twilight said determined.

"Why? They magic council might not like that." The guard said worried.

"I rather want them to be angry at me for saving their lives than angry at failing to save anyone. If I can't save one, I can't save a thousand more." Twilight said wisely.

The guard smiled, "Very well. Let me compile them into my list." he said.

Twilight smiled, "Please do. I see that Blue Pegasus has arrived. I shall greet them. After you have done the list, please prepare the medical crew for survivors and I will also ask you to guard them, while Blue Pegasus and I will rescue the missing adventurers." She instructed.

"Very well." The guard said as he continue to compile the list.

And right as Twilight said those words, the unique looking flying boat arrived. It had an horse as decoration on the bow, and on each side was what looked like wings. The hull was made out of wood with what appears to be cannons on the side. It flew majestically through the air. A unique song donned the air as it approached her.

"Men! Hold the boat! We have arrived." A unique manly voice filled at air.

It was then that a man in women's clothing jumped out of the boat and lands right in front of Twilight.

"Young girl. Do know who the magic council's temporary rune knight is?" The cross-dressing man asked.

"That would be me. The name is Twilight Sparkle and I have been temporarily knighted in light of our current situation." Twilight said.

"I see. My name is Bob. I am the current head master of the Blue Pegasus guild." Bob said serious.

"Nice to meet you. Did you bring anyone else with you?" Twilight asked.

"I have. Four members, Ichiya, Eve, Hibiki and Ren." Bob said.

"Good. If you give my guard a second. He is almost done compiling a list of missing people." Twilight said calmly.

"I must say, you are awfully young to be a temporary knight." Bob said.

"Well if you treat people by their cover, you will be burned." Twilight replied, she saw as Bob smiled at her responds.

"So which guild do you belong to?" Bob asked curious.

"Fairy Tail." Twilight said, she saw as Bob nodded his head in expectation.

"Of course you are. It explains your attitude." Bob said.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked curious.

"You are preparing to go head first into danger without a plan." Bob said smiling.

"Actually their is a plan." Twilight said smugly.

"Oh? And what was that going to be?" Bob asked curious.

"I was going to use a bait and watch tactic. But now that we have a flying boat, we will scout the terrain out first and choose the best place to try and bait the unknown enemy out of their hiding place and then we will try to trap it. If that fails, we will have no choice but to kill it and only after that! Will we try and search for the missing people." Twilight explains.

"That is a good plan. Is there anything I need to know before we start?" Bob asked, slightly impressed by Twilight's plan.

"Oh. Yes there is one mage among the missing people that is from your guild." Twilight said.

Bob looks worried at Twilight, "Who?" He asked.

"Karen Lilica." Twilight said. She saw as Bob's face drained of color.

"Oh no. She went on a mission without my permission. And in a form a protest against her actions, The lion is hanging around a church near our guild. She is unable to summon two at the same time. Which means, she is powerless." Bob said in fear.

Now it was Twilight's turn to be shocked. "That is extremely bad. But we can't search for her first. Not while an unknown but powerful monster is running around in the mountains." Twilight said worried.

"I know. As long as that entity is running around we won't be able to rescue anyone. Let's hurry and find this monster. Then we can go and do a search and rescue." Bob suggested.

"That is fine. Guard! Are you done yet? I just got informed of an even more dangerous situation." Twilight shouted.

"I am done. Here is the list. Good luck." The guard said as he handed the list over to Twilight.

"Thanks." Twilight said as she hovered over her Celestial orb and picks both herself and Bob up in her levitation and levitated themself onto the flying boat.

"That is handy." Bob said surprised as Twilight gave no warning.

Twilight smiled, "Well, Let's go! No time to wait around. We have a monster that needs killing and people that needs saving." Twilight said.

"Ichiya. Move forward. We are going to scout the mountain." Bob instructed.

A short man with red hair and white clothing, saluted Bob. "MEN! Let's go!" Ichiya said.

"Yes boss!" Three teenagers shouted.

"Those three teenagers were Eve, Hibiki and Ren." Bob introduced.

"I see. Well we have time for introductions for after we are done with our mission." Twilight said.

"I agree. Let's find this monster and exterminate it." Bob said.

"Or pacify. Depending on the situation." Twilight said serious.

"Of course. But we need to hurry." Bob said worried.

"No. We need to stay calm. If we do not take this calmly, then we will make dangerous mistake that could kill even more people." Twilight instructed.

Bob smiled, "Understood." He said.

Twilight and the Blue Pegasus guild then used the boat to calmly search the area. Twilight noted that there were no signs of combat anywhere. That is until they arrive in an unnaturally large barren land, clearly some fighting happened here.

"Are those footprints?" Hibiki shouted, as he aimed at a set of decently large footprints.

Twilight took one good look and immediately understood what the mystery monster is. "I see. That looks a lot like a demon. Especially that trail on dead trees and bushes suggests a demon." Twilight said.

"Do you think it is from the book of Zeref?" Bob asked.

"Unlikely." Hibiki injected, "It looks a lot like a witch type demon. Which is not found in the book of Zeref."

"Besides. The lack of mass destruction also proves against it." Twilight added.

"Do you think we can trace it?" Bob asked Hibiki.

"Already on it." Hibiki responds with.

"Actually that is unnecessary. I can see the trail on dead trees from here." Twilight said.

Hibiki looks at the trees and compared that data and nods, "I agree. It matches its magic signature." he said.

"That is odd. The trail suggest that she stopped right there." Bob said as he points.

"Then Bob and your crew. Please stay here. I will carefully approach our target. That way I won't spook it." Twilight instructed.

"Very well. I will use my special magic to watch from a distance." Hibiki said.

Twilight nods as she uses her Celestial orb to levitate her down. She casually and carefully approach the demon.

"Are you here to finish me off?" The demon asked, it has noticed Twilight from a mile away.

"I don't know. I really depends on your actions." Twilight said as she got closer.

"Ha! I don't need need the pity from a human." The demon said bitterly.

As Twilight got closer, it became more and more clear. The demon has been fatally injured. The demon was holding herself up with one arm as the other has been destroyed. It was also bleeding profusely.

"I am not granting you pity. Rather I am sure you wish to go back to hell to heal no? If you assist me, I will send you back to hell." Twilight said calmly.

"Assist with what?" The demon asked.

"I am searching for a bunch of missing adventurers." Twilight explained.

"You with the magic council?" The demon asked.

"Yes." Twilight said.

The demon coughs, it sounded very bad. It's health was deteriorating. And quickly at that.

"I see. I will help you, but I need to heal a little bit first." The demon said.

Twilight looked at the demon and then at her Fairy orb. Her eyes then turned dark as if she was a demon and healed the demon up enough that she wasn't going to die on Twilight.

"Okay. So I was going to this place to cause mayhem originally. But when I got here a child cursed with a special coin magic was fighting a mage. I remember that the mage was holding a golden key but was unable to summon it." The demon explained.

"I see. Anything else?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. As soon as that child successfully finished the mage off. She noticed me. She then used her unnatural magic to damage me. I was able to injure her enough to make her leave. Sadly she harmed me equally. About everyone else, I heard rumors about the book of Zeref doing experiments in this area. Most likely they fell pray to them." The demon explained.

"I see. Thank you." Twilight said as she used her Fairy orb to summon a red looking portal. The demon looked through it to check it and nodded.

"Thank you. I hope we never meet again." The demon said. Just before it went through the portal.

"I couldn't agree more." Twilight said to the disappearing portal.

"Are you alright?" Bob said as he appeared behind Twilight out of nowhere.

"Ugh. I don't like using that magic. I am fine. That demon just gave us everything we need to know." Twilight admitted.

"I agree. Lets go back onto the boat." Bob suggested.

"Very well. Lets regroup onto the boat and use your friends useful magic to try and decipher the information we have received." Twilight said, just as Bob grabs Twilight and used a single jump to get back onto the boat.

"So Hibiki. What did you gather so far, from what we know?" Twilight asked him.

"Hm. Well we now know that the book of Zeref has been active in this area. That means I can trace their unique magic signature to trace the adventurers. And regarding to the unnatural magic that the demon referred to. That might have been forbidden magic." Hibiki explained. He was still busy typing on his archive magic.

"I see. Can you trace that type of magic?" Twilight asked.

"Actually I already have. I might have found her." Hibiki said just as a loud ping came from his magic.

"Well, Lets go!" Twilight demanded.

"Aye Boss!" Eve and Ren said at the same time.

"Men!" Ichiya randomly said.

The boat then proceeded to fly at top speed to Karen's last recorded position. However Twilight knew that they were too late. At most they will be able to give her a proper grave. Not to mention the fact that the book of Zeref members were this close to the magic council worried her.

'I might have to disappear from their radar sooner. If I want to stay out of sight from the book of Zeref members.' Twilight thought.

"So Twilight. Why are you considered so powerful by the magic council? To be temporarily knighted at such a young age." Bob asked curious.

"For my sake. I will keep the truth a secret. However lets just say. They are prepared to grant me Saint status right now, if I ask nicely." Twilight explained.

"WHAT?!" Bob and his crew shouted.

"And gain S rank at my guild at the same time." Twilight added after their shout.

"I see. You must be truly powerful then." Bob said shocked.

"Don't worry about the details. Just note that I will have to go off the radar soon. If I want to flank our enemies." Twilight explained.

"Who?" Hibiki asked curious.

"The members of the book of Zeref. They will eventually infiltrate the magic council. And when they do, I need to be an unknown variable." Twilight explained.

"I see. What are you planning on doing in the meantime?" Hibiki asked.

"Mercenary work." Twilight said.

"Ah! I see, to earn money just in case." Bob said.

"That too. But primarily to help the guild with emergency money in case they are having problems." Twilight said smiling.

"I see. We have arrived." Hibiki said serious.

"I can see her!" Bob shouts.

"Wait! Scan the area for hostiles first!" Twilight shouted.

"Already done. It seems that girl is long gone." Hibiki said.

"Alright. Please inspect the body and bring it on board. I am going to patrol the area some more." Twilight requested.

"Very well. Once you are done, please come back to us." Bob asked.

"Of course. We enter together, we leave together." Twilight said while smiling before jumping down and running into the woods.

While walking around, Twilight mostly spots some animal marks that remind her of cockatrices. Not really any other animal was sighted. Her walks were mostly calm, even though she was unable to calm down. She was on high alert as she wanted to find as many bodies as possible. Although, there was little hope of success to do so.

After jumping over a small creek and looking at some random flowers. Her patrol was mostly boring. And as such her patrol came up blank. After checking the creek water for some clues. She returned to the boat and they flew back to camp to give the bad news.

As soon as they arrived, Twilight noticed that something was wrong.

"Be on high alert! Something is amiss!" Twilight commanded. This put Bob and the crew on high alert.

Twilight and the crew scanned the area. They saw people hiding scared inside their homes, and the location of the guard was filled with bloody marks. It was clear sign of a struggle. That is until Twilight spots the guards body. She quickly checks him from a distance.

He was attacked but alive. The enemy was carrying a scythe of some kind. The marks on the guard suggested as such. He was bleeding, but not dying. A clear sign of bait.

"Watch yourself! The enemy is prowling!" Twilight shouted.

"What will we do?" Eve shouted worried.

"I will approach the bait. I want you guys to be back up if things go south." Twilight commanded.

"I see. We will await the perfect timing." Bob said as he approached his guilt members and gave them mana potions.

"Understood!" Twilight said as she jumps down from the boat.

"Twilight! *cough* Do not come closer! This *cough* is a trap!" The guard shouted in fear.

Twilight approached him regardless. And as soon as she was next to the guard. Her ability to detect enemies around her, activated and told her that the enemy was armed and coming at six O' clock.

In an instant, Twilight re-equipped a magic sword to block the attack. It was successful. With a loud clang, Twilight block his slice. Allowing Twilight to take a second look at his enemy.

The enemy had red eyes and appeared berserk. It was male mage and he even had a guild mark on his shoulder. He appeared to be under the effect of a spell.

"DIE!" The berserk mage shouted.

"No!" Twilight shouted as she released enough magic that the pressure alone knocked him out cold.

Twilight sighed as she identified the guild mark on his shoulder. It was from an legal guild.

"No need to identify him. I was faster." Hibiki shouted, "He is from Love and lucky."

"Thankfully I pacified him using my magic power alone." Twilight said.

"Well done." Bob said.

"Good. I will let you handle this mage and your deceased friend. I will finish things up here. Thank you for you cooperation." Twilight said.

"No worries. Next time just try and commission a guild quest first alright?" Bob requested.

"Very well. Hopefully there is no next time though." Twilight said.

Bob nodded before he grabs the mage from the ground and jumps onto the boat, before flying off. Back to their guild.

"Alright everyone. It is safe. You can come out now, and do me a favor and save this guard's life would ya?" Twilight shouts.

Slowly everyone left their homes and came to the guard's assistance. Some people couldn't stomach the sight of blood, but everyone stayed calm.

"So I have good news and bad news. What do want to hear first?" Twilight asked the guard.

"Good news first." The guard requested.

"Alright. The entity that was causing the birds to flee is gone." Twilight said.

"That was it?" The guard asked worried.

"Sadly." Twilight said somewhat down.

"So what is the bad news?" The guard asked scared.

"So the enemy is closer to us than we originally though. And every adventurer that is missing is dead. Killed by the members of the book of Zeref." Twilight said.

"Fuck." The guard just said.

"Well. Besides one lucky mage that is." Twilight said as she looks in the direction of the flying boat.

"And Karen?" The guard asked.

"Practically committed suicide. She went on a quest without permission and was unable to summon a second spirit, while her first spirit was protesting for some reason. Died by the hands of a forbidden magic user." Twilight admitted.

"I see. That makes me sad to see. Atleast it was suicide, not someone from the book of Zeref." The guard said saddened by the news.

"By the way. Does this book have a name?" Twilight asked.

"It does. E.N.D. I do not know what the acronym means." The guard said.

"Is that so. Thanks. Please rest. I will go ahead and contact the council." Twilight said.

"Thanks. And thank you for atleast trying to save those adventurers." The guard said with a sad smile.

Twilight nodded before leaving the medic tent. She walked towards the entrance of the town as she brought out the friendship orb to start a communication call with Yajima.

"Twilight! I hope you bring good news." Yajima asked excited.

"Why?" Twilight asked confused.

"You are an important individual to the council. I would want nothing less." Yajima said.

"I see. Well sadly I bring bad news." Twilight said downtrodden.

"Is that so. Do tell me then. What is the news?" Yajima asked worried.

"Besides a single mage. Every other adventurer is dead." Twilight said.

"And do you know how?" Yajima hoped.

"Only by who. Their bodies are probably erased." Twilight said.

"That is even better." Yajima said, "So who was it?"

"The members of the book of Zeref." Twilight said.

"That is terrible news. Atleast you picked it up in time." Yajima said, his voice was shaking a little.

"Which is why I might have no choice but to go off the radar sooner." Twilight said.

"I see. And thus receive your Saint status sooner." Yajima concluded.

"Very likely. But I will stick around atleast four years before doing anything else." Twilight said.

"Why?" Yajima asked.

"I will stick around the guild house for awhile. Finish up the guild hall and learn some valuable tricks at the bar. I will be doing some waitress work in order to train my body in restraint and control." Twilight explained.

"That is excellent training. I will send you some additional funds as thank you. Consider it an investment into your future." Yajima said.

"Very well. I will see you again once I gain my Saint status." Twilight said.

"See you then." Yajima said as he shuts off the communication call.

Author's Note:

So at the year X776 Erza and Twilight joined Fairy Tail.
Twilight is currently 6 years old, 5 years younger than Erza.
At the age of 10, Twilight will gain Saint rank and S rank.
Twilight then goes off the radar at the beginning of the year X780.
Lucy joined Fairy Tail 3 years later at the year X783.
And Jelal joined the magic council at the end of the year X780.

This is information that is useful for both you and me. Just to keep things on track.