• Published 20th Jun 2021
  • 2,633 Views, 129 Comments

Twilight Scarlet - vincent789

  • ...
8
 129
 2,633

Bounty hunting

As soon as Twilight made it back to the guild hall, she saw a lot more activity inside. Approaching the bar, which was the location of the guild master. He was very busy, together with the bar assistant, helping adventurers with getting jobs.

"Welcome back, Twilight. You are here to ask about your next move right?" He asked.

"Yeah. The princess is kinda busy right now." Twilight said.

"Do you know with what?" He asked curiously.

"Oh nothing. She is just running around, with a training sword in an attempt to stab Princess Amalia. After she was called weak by her." Twilight with a soft giggle.

The bar assistant also giggled at the mention, Fire simply sighed.

"So she is just having a bit of fun." Fire concluded.

"Yeah. Let it go. So what did she instruct me do, next?" Twilight asked.

"Well. She wants you to take care of the biggest offenders. Taking care of future black guilds can be done by us and other light guilds. Like the one from the village that you saved a few minutes ago." Fire said smiling.

"Ah. That is fine. So bounty hunting, huh?" Twilight said.

"Exactly. However you are going to do that outside of my guild. All over the place exist bounty hunter cafes that care those around. Most of the time you kill monsters. But on Midi you will find more killing of people than monsters. And sadly that is the only way we can control criminals right now. However as soon as you take care of enough, the local guards can do the job themselves. We just need to attack the worst of the worst. The ones that are making lives difficult for the local guard." Fire explained.

"I understand. So where do I go first?" Twilight asked.

"A big city to the east is currently being controlled by criminals. I recommend to go to Guards Jail. They are the most prolific Bounty hunter cafe. They can hook you up with the worst of the worst. After killing anyone that is above A rank, your job is done and you go north. Keep this up, until you noticed the amount of criminals dropping due to the guards being stronger than the criminals. When you are done. Go to the capital of Midi. And try to get an audience with the queen or with Sakura." Fire explained further.

"Good. I will be off then." Twilight was about to leave, only for to be stopped by Fire.

"Wait. Bounty hunters never use their real name. Do you have a good nickname?" Fire asked.

"Hm. I don't know. Do you know a good one?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. I hereby name you Celestial queen." Fire suggested.

"No. That won't work." Twilight denied.

"What about The Scarlet death?" The bar assistant suggested.

"Oh! That is a good nickname." Twilight said.

"Will that be your nickname?" Fire asked.

"Yes." Twilight replied.

"Good. Then I wish you the best of luck, Scarlet Death." Fire said smiling.

"Thanks. I am going to pack by bags. Perhaps our paths will cross once again." Twilight said.

"Yeah." Fire said as he watched Twilight leave the guild hall.

Fire sighed in wonder, "As much as would love to believe that Twilight can succeed I am a bit skeptical about it." he said out-loud.

"Its better than no chance." The bar assistant said.

"That is true. I will pray for your success, Twilight." Fire said with a small smile.

As Twilight walked outside she gets approached by Amalia.

"Twilight. If you ever need to enter my home, then use this badge. Perhaps it is some use to you." Amalia said as she gave Twilight an emblem.

"I thank you. I must get going." Twilight said as she gratefully took the emblem. Before walking off to rent a ride to the city to the east of the port. She got the ride took a seat inside the carriage before it rode all the way east.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back in Magnolia a new member finally joined thanks to Natsu. Her name is Lucy Heartfillia. As soon as Natsu entered the hall, he starts a guild-wide group fight.

However upstairs inside of Twilight's room, Laxus and Makarov were having a pretty important conversation.

"So did you give Twilight the orb?" Laxus asked.

"I gave it to Twilight's client. Hopefully she will obtain it soon." Makarov said.

"I wish she was here. It isn't that I hate the current guild, I just wish for it to be a bit stronger." Laxus admitted.

"I know, my child. But Twilight is the strongest here. Honestly, I think she just want a family to return to." Makarov said serious.

"I know." Laxus said, "I know." he repeated as he drooped a little.

"I miss her too. I may not be her father, but I am as close to her as one can be." Makarov admits.

"Yeah. And she is my little sister, even if we do not even share blood or surname." Laxus said.

"I must admit that Erza was a lot stronger this year than we expected." Makarov said.

"Its a shame that Mirajane left her status behind." Laxus said.

Bonk! The sound of the glass of Twilight's room getting hit by a guild member sounded. Their fight was starting to get a bit out of control.

Makarov sighed, "Well, I need to go and stop them a bit. Laxus I will grant you the key to her guest room for now. Do return it once she has returned, okay?" he said.

"Thanks, Gramps." Laxus said as her face became strong and his playing cool act started once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Twilight, she was still riding the ride towards the city. However she was getting closer, as she could see the centerpiece of the city in the distance. A large castle made of marble. Something about it made her nostalgic, even if she didn't know why. The tops of the towers were made of gold and silver.

"Oink." The pig driver said as it gave Twilight some kind of brochure.

"Thanks." Twilight said as she looked at it.

In big letters, the name of the city was plastered. It was named Canterlot. For its large castle and beauty. Its based on a fairy tail about two sisters. One that raised the moon and the other that raised the sun. Of course this was just a fairy tail as the moon and sun rotate based on the angle of rotation between the sun and earth.

But it was fun to think about and the city was also well known for their strong guards. But lately criminals have taken the city over. Preventing many tourists from visiting the city and causing an economic downfall to the city trade. However the city still welcomes tourists. They just hope that they are extra careful of what they do.

"Oink!" The pig driver shouted, he meant that they had arrived.

"Thank you. Here take the tip. I will be staying extra long." Twilight said as she gave the pig ten thousand additional jewels.

"Oink!" The pig shouted happily as it ran back home.

Twilight then entered the city and quickly found the nearest bounty cafe 'Guards Jail' as she entered. She took a seat near the bar.

"How may I help a young lady as yourself?" The bartender asked.

"I need a bounty." Twilight said calmly.

"Ah. Any thing?" The bar tender asked.

"Criminal extermination. Target has to be minimum S rank. Something that the guards will greatly appreciate." Twilight said.

"Nickname?" The bar tender asked.

"The Scarlet Death. I am currently unknown." Twilight said.

"Hm. Alright. Anyone willing to take this one down, will help the guards tremendously." The bar tender said as he places the bounty in front of Twilight.

Twilight looked at the bounty, 'Wanted Dead, Elly Headshot. Reward 10 billion jewels. Reason: Kidnapping the princess of this city. Murder. Threatening the guards.'

"I will take it. Any hints?" Twilight asked.

"Last known location to the east of the city. Inside the forest, I heard rumors of traps." The bar tender said.

"Good. I will be back. How do you wish for me to confirm it?" Twilight asked.

"Bring me her head." The bar tender said.

Twilight nodded as she left towards the east. After walking for like an hour, she finally arrived at the last known location. Instead of searching the forest carefully. She simply cut down each and every tree in the forest using a single cut motion. Revealing a base made of stone in the center.

The moment Twilight got closer, she smelled the reek of blood. But she also heard faint screaming, realizing that the princess might still be held captive. She broke down the door and rushed through the building to eventually find a set of stairs to the basement.

Rushing down the stairs, reveals a lot of people held captive. Not only the princess, but also lots of guards and civilians. It was practically a hidden underground prison. After running past most others, she finally found the source of the screaming.

The princess was being tortured, by a group of people. The bounty target was among them. Twilight immediately prepared for combat. Without warning, lost a power beam of magic at one of the people holding the torture hardware. Killing him instantly.

"Get her!" The target shouted.

The group that flew into her direction, Twilight however simply looked at them and cut them down using her magical orb. Her eyes weren't leaving the target. This prevented her from leaving.

"Shit. Go get her my dog!" The target shouted as a Cerberus appeared.

Again Twilight didn't care about some dog. So she simply set it on fire, causing it to scream in agony. This stunned Twilight's target in fear. Twilight then finished the dog off, by striking the heart.

Twilight's eyes were stone cold. Twilight didn't show it, but she was very angry. Torturing people were one thing, but also imprisoning so many innocent people enraged her.

"I give up. Please just sent me to jail." The target said scared.

"I am sorry. But you are going to die. Per the name of a bounty on your life." Twilight said ominously.

The target began to shake, "Please, I have two kids and a husband." she pleaded.

"Your chance to plead would have only been possible if you for one didn't torture the princess and secondly didn't imprison so many other people." Twilight said coldly.

The target realized that there was no way out, she attempted to run. Only for Twilight to cut her head clean off. However Twilight noticed that her body could regenerate. So she erased her body into dust to prevent her from doing so. The princess also shook in fear.

"Please don't kill me." The princess pleaded.

"It seems you didn't hear me. I only came to kill this women. Not the princess, nor the prisoners." Twilight calmly said.

"Really?" The princess eyes lit up.

"Yeah. Are there anyone else?" Twilight asked.

"No. They were the ones that were the dangerous bunch." The princess said relieved.

"Alright. I will release you, if you could release the others, that would be greatly appreciated. I will go back to clean the bounty up." Twilight said as she released the princess.

"Alright. Thank you?" The princess said.

"Scarlet Death." Twilight said.

"Miss Death." The princess said.

Twilight smiled before warping away. Right into the bounty cafe. The bartender looked into Twilight's direction and saw her carrying the severed head. Twilight then threw the head onto the counter.

"Done." Twilight simply said.

"So I see. Good job. I will elevate your name to S rank status." The bartender said.

"Thanks. Now, are there any more?" Twilight asked.

"Two more. Then I am out of those." The bartender said.

"Hm. It is getting late. I will do another one tomorrow. Do you know any good hotels?" Twilight asked.

"Ah. The Sparkle Hotel is a good place." The bartender suggested.

Twilight head suddenly hurted, something about that name made her memory react. However she shook it off.

"How expensive is it?" Twilight asked.

"Hm. Twenty thousand jewel a night. But you get practically VIP treatment at it. The room has a bedroom, bathroom and living room." The bartender said.

"Alright. Where is it?" Twilight asked.

"Its the dark blue building in the noble district. You can't miss it." The bartender said.

"Much appreciated. I will return soon." Twilight said.

"Hm." The bartender nodded.

Twilight then walked out of the bar and towards the noble district. As soon as she arrives, she gets hit by another wave of pain to her head. It actually made her a bit dizzy. Shaking off the dizziness, she looks around and sees the dark blue building in the center of it.

Twilight then enters the building, into the main reception. Twilight then approached the receptionist working there.

"Welcome to Sparkle Hotel, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I would like a hotel room for one person." Twilight asked.

"Ah. One person. I see. Any special rooms?" The receptionist asked.

"Special rooms?" Twilight replied.

"Ah. You are not from around here. This hotel is based on a Fairy tale. Some rooms are based on said characters. And those rooms are specially decorated to meet that persons decoration style." The receptionist explains.

"What choices are there?" Twilight asked.

"Night Light, Velvet Sparkle, Shining Armor. And finally the most desired after room is Twilight Sparkle." The receptionist said.

Twilight could feel another headache inbound, "Twilight Sparkle please." Twilight said.

"I understand. But that one costs one million jewels each night. Is that alright?" The receptionist asked.

"Fine. I can pay ahead if you like." Twilight said.

"Please. How many nights and days?" The receptionist asked.

"This many." Twilight said as she casually placed five trillion Jewels on the counter.

"Uh. We can't accept that much. The maximum is 5 billion Jewels." The receptionist said somewhat shocked at the large amount of money.

"Fine." Twilight said as she reduced the amount to five billion Jewels.

"Very well. The room is immediately available. Since this is an VIP room, you get everything inclusive. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and all activities are free. During your one thousand days stay." The receptionist said.

"Alright. Where is it?" Twilight asked as she was holding her head. The pain was increasing quite a bit.

"Please. This maid will show you, your room." The receptionist pointed towards the maid that was waiting.

"Please follow me madam." The maid requested.

"Alright." Twilight said as she followed the maid towards the room. Until eventually they arrived.

"Here is the key to your room. Once a week we will clean it." The maid said as she gave Twilight the key.

"Thank you, you may go. I will be fine." Twilight said.

"Alright. Have a good stay, madam." The maid said before walking off.

Twilight then unlocked the key to the room and opening and closing the door behind her. After five more steps, the headache became too much. Causing her to faint.

Unbeknownst to Twilight, the maid saw the signs of the faint and followed Twilight inside the moment she heard her faint. She then moved Twilight into her personal bed inside the master bedroom. And called a doctor for assistance.

Twilight on the other hand, finally regained a memory of her past. Complete with faces, names and a complete memory.

'Flashback,

Filly Twilight is sitting inside her self made book-fort reading adventure books. She was currently locked in her room for sneaking outside without permission. However Twilight was reading a book about lockpicking. Which she planned to use to sneak out again. That is until she heard a familiar voice on the other side of the door.

"Twilight? It's me, Cadence. Can we talk?" Cadence asked.

"Sure! But mom locked my door again." Twilight said in a high pitched voice.

"Which you were probably going to lock pick, no?" Cadence knowingly said.

Twilight gave her an giggle as answer.

"Sigh. I am coming in. Don't you dare escape while we talk, okay?" Cadence asked.

"Sure. I am tired of getting chased anyways." Twilight admitted.

A pink pony with a horn and wings walked through the door. She carried a diamond heart as cutiemark. She appeared to be in good mood.

"So, Cadence. What is up?" Twilight asked. As she attempted to hide the lockpicking book.

"Recently a escape room appeared in the city. Celestia wants me to try it. But I am not great with escape puzzles. You on the other hoof, I heard, is amazing at it. Will you join me?" Cadence asked.

"Sure. But, um, I had a question." Twilight asked.

"Shoot." Cadence said.

"What if my home gets replaced in another world, how do I know if it is a replica or an copy?" Twilight asked.

"Have you been reading Isekai's again?" Cadence asked annoyed.

"Yes. But answer the question please!" Twilight said annoyed in return.

"Simple. If your secret entrance into your secret thieves room is behind that bookshelf in an alternative world also. Then it is a copy. Otherwise it is a replica." Cadence said knowingly. The fact that Cadence knew about her secret room made her pout.

"You better keep that a secret. Or I will not join you." Twilight warned.

"Of course." Cadence said smugly.

Detached from the memory, a human Twilight watches her memory play out several more times. It caused her to smile. She was finally able to place a face to Cadence. And to herself and her past look.'

Twilight woke up in the master bedroom. Next to her was the maid that previously helped her to her room. She was peeling some apples into a cute bunny form. She then looks over to Twilight and sees that she is once again awake.

"You're awake! You gave me a scare. I saw that you looked like you were about to faint. So I rushed over to help you." The maid said worried.

"Ah. My apologies about that. I have amnesia you see. This place made me regain some of my lost memory." Twilight admitted.

"What?! Wait so what is your name?" The maid asked.

"My full name?" Twilight asked.

"Please." The maid asked.

"Twilight 'Scarlet' 'Vermillion' Sparkle." Twilight said.

The maid eyes widen as wide as one could make it. "Wait! So how are you in this world then?" she asked.

"I don't know. I have amnesia, you see." Twilight said.

"Ah. That is a shame." The maid said somewhat disappointed.

"Anyways. How come a copy of my original world exists in this one?" Twilight asked.

"It's called dimensions." The maid said.

"Sure. But my world isn't even connected to this world under normal means. The only way is through whatever way I got here." Twilight deduced.

"That is a fair assumption. But that doesn't matter. In this world your world is a Fairy Tale." The maid said.

"Ah. That is a good point." Twilight said.

"Anyways. I recommend that you take some more sleep before continuing with whatever you were doing." The maid suggested.

"Yeah. My adventures can wait for a moment. I will return to it however." Twilight said.

"Of course. That is when this book will continue." The maid said mysteriously.

"Book?" Twilight asked confused.

"Nothing. Have a nice sleep, madam." The maid said.

"Alright, thanks!" Twilight said as she went back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Huh. A city called Canterlot exists in Fairy Tail... Perhaps... Nah its probably just a coincidence... Right?

In all seriousness, this was another chapter I enjoyed making. I hope you like it too.