• Published 20th Jun 2021
  • 2,622 Views, 129 Comments

Twilight Scarlet - vincent789

  • ...
8
 129
 2,622

The truth about the corrupted

Twilight was in a good mood, after she woke up and had gotten some breakfast. She actually got some discount at the local general store for some recall scrolls. In case things go south at the dungeon. Which was rather unlikely. Since something told Twilight, that this whole war wasn't real. Though she couldn't explain why.

Regardless, she finally headed out to find the Twilight Sparkle of this world. Which just happened to be below an abandoned tower filled with corrupted beings. Though she didn't feel in much danger. She knew that if you look on the surface, everything was going to hell. But the truth was, that no such thing was going on.

Despite a fractured country, people went about their business like this was normal. Which made Twilight realize that this isn't as uncommon as the council thought it was. In fact it was very possible this happened quite often. It's probably just the first time that things went this far south. However that was none of Twilight's concern.

Right now she was walking to the tower. Though her mind went back on the weird gemstones that Applejack and the others of the element of harmony was carrying. Luna explained that those were the elements of harmony. But something was odd about them. Because she couldn't feel any magic from them. Which is odd, since they said, "Friendship is magic" But since it was inactive. Does that mean that the elements know something? Or perhaps they know someone else will succeed. Regardless, this would be something she had to look into later.

As Twilight had arrived at the tower. However just looking at the tower reminded Twilight of... something. She got a slight headache from the mere appearance of the tower, as she got an overwhelmingly high amount of Deja vú. Though she quickly pushed away the pain as she opened the hatch. And entered the abandoned ruins of the dungeon that was connected to the tower.

After some time, she looked around confused. There was no sign of any corrupted beings. And yet, Twilight felt an overwhelmingly high amount of danger coming from the walls. Someone extremely dangerous was down here. At the same time she could tell that another Twilight was here. She was certain of it. As she continued to walk down, now much more alert. She had finally reached the bottom floor of the dungeon. There she saw another hatch. This time made of steel.

'This steel looks brand new. Someone must have been here recently.' Twilight thought. She pulled up her orbs and allowed them to float besides Twilight. As she opened the hatch by breaking it.

"Welcome imposter." ??? Said with a dark tone. His/her voice was distorted but clear. Whoever it was, it was the source of the danger.

Twilight said nothing as she stood her ground. Now way more alert then before. She allowed her Celestial orb to shine a light in the darkness. Which showed nothing more than even more stone walls. And in the background behind this unidentified being sat Twilight Sparkle. Chained to a torture device. However she looked unharmed.

"I see. You have noticed my prisoner. Very good. Very good indeed." The being said as it smiled. The smile was warped but vicious. Like a lion playing with its pray.

"I assume you know who I am. Which unusual being do I have the pleasure of speaking to." Twilight asked, though it came out more of a statement then a question. Twilight for a potential exit, but found none.

"You may call me... Story Keeper. I am that which banishes things that do not belong to my story. I am a guardian of the lost Fairies." Story stated in a snarl.

"Ah. I faintly remember being sucked into a book. So that was the name? No matter. My name is Twilight Sparkle. A being that doesn't belong here. Yet a being that cares little of what you think." Twilight responded in jest.

"Tch. I should have known. You are a being from the outside. No matter. You shall die a gruesome death by my hands!" It shouted as it launches a massive hammer at Twilight.

Twilight responded by the use of a shield. As she attempts to stab the guardian with a massive beam of pure white power. The light caused the Twilight from this dimension to wake up only to wake up to an incredulous sight. Another her was fighting against the very being of existence itself. It was incredible. She could however tell that the outsider was weaker in the long run.

The Twilight Sparkle that was bound released herself as the guardian seems to be distracted. She grabbed the element of Friendship and placed it on her head. In that instant, while the guardian and our Twilight Sparkle was distracted. A single humming sound rang across the kingdom of Midi. In an instant, all the element of harmony users were connected with a powerful sense. The elements of harmony are once again one.

Twilight had been found. And Pinkie Pie, which sat in the dungeons below the kingdom of Midi's capital. Also known as Digital. She felt Twilight's magic rang through her element. Giving her the strength to escape the capital and run towards Manehattan. Everyone connected to the elements of Harmony. Including Celestia and Luna. Felt that the elements of harmony has been restored. Much to Celestia's chagrin, it meant that the guardian was about to be defeated.

"Twelve stars of a thousand years. May the moon raise to my side, and may it protect my kin. Element of Harmony verse 12. Nightmare Moon!!!" Twilight sparkle shouted as several thousand magic circles surrounded Twilight of this realm, as she used one of the most powerful spells in her arsenal. The power to seal even those that are immortal.

As soon as her cast ended, the element of friendship shot a powerful rainbow beam out of the gemstone and into the guardian. As it slowly surrounded it, slowly erasing it place on this realm.

"NO!!!" It shouted in fury as it dissipated away into the seal.

Leaving our Twilight in shock but also stunned happiness. Something about this felt... right. Our Twilight then bowed before the other Twilight.

"You must be princess Twilight Sparkle. Heir to the kingdom of Midi. I came to retrieve you." Our Twilight bowed.

"Please raise. I am sure we have a lot to talk about. We can leave this place anytime soon. Firstly, I am sure you have some questions..." Princess Twilight stated.

"Even so. We must return immediately. The rest of the elements of harmony are preparing to siege the capital." Twilight said.

"No. You shall wait. Questions first. Then escape." Princess Twilight said in a disagreeing tone.

"Very well." Twilight said with a smile.

"First of all, what little do you remember when you got here?" Princess Twilight asked.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Besides how to breath and walk and eat." Twilight replied.

"Well that is bad. That sounds like a wrong warp to me." Princess Twilight deduced.

"I don't know what that is but, sure." Twilight simply replied.

"You don't? Does that mean you still haven't regained your memories?" Princess Twilight asked slightly shocked, she wasn't the only one shocked, the guardian in the seal was also surprised at the sudden information.

"I am afraid the most I remember is some voices and getting déjà vu at some familiar looking locations." Twilight admits.

"Even though this country is a near replica of your own world?!" Princess Twilight asked with bulging eyes.

Twilight simply nodded in sadness.

"Then... I don't know what will unlock your memories. This is really bad. If what I understand of wrong warps is like. You wrong warped yourself, and only you can go home once you remember." Princess Twilight admits.

"Is that so? I guess I will go back to the guild to explain this after I am done here." Twilight said, she sounded pleased with the new information.

"Guild?" Princess Twilight asked surprised.

"Yeah. I joined Fairy Tail. Why?" Twilight asked confused.

"You like combat?" Princess Twilight asked slightly more shocked than surprised.

"Got new memories there. Remember?" Twilight countered.

"Ah. They took you in after realizing your situation. I see." Princess Twilight sighed.

"Anyways I take it that despite the guardian being sealed he can still hear us no?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. That is fine. To begin with he is just doing his job. In fact he might have thought that you already remember enough to go home. But that doesn't seem to be the case." Princess Twilight said somewhat disappointed.

"Listen princess. I want nothing more to go home. But I don't know how. Or why I still do not remember. However! I have a feeling that I need to regain my memories by being near Fairy Tail. They can help me, and I help them." Twilight admits.

"It would make sense." The guardian inside the seal said.

"What do you mean?" Princess Twilight asked.

"This book is about Fairy Tail and Lucy Heartfillia. When Twilight here entered our story, she did not warp the story. Instead, this timeline seemed to have adapted to the new being. This story wants Twilight to help her. And in the end nothing in this story has been changed." The guardian admitted.

"For every action comes an reaction. If this timeline was really that rigid then this timeline would have been doomed from the start. However instead it gave a reaction, thus changing the timeline to make me fit in it. The reason why I have yet to regain my memories is probably due to the creator of the book accepting a new being in his story. And wants me to play his part. Only then I might regain my memories." Twilight reasoned.

"You aren't wrong." An disembodied voice spoke.

This caused both Princess Twilight and the guardian to jump in surprised. Twilight merely raised her eyebrow.

"Then what do you mean?" The guardian asked, shock still present in his voice.

"Truth be told. This wasn't supposed to happen. When she fell into this book, at first I tried to deny her everything. But then I saw it. The useful part in this. The reason I kept her in." The disembodied voice said in excitement.

"I am guessing you saw me as useful. Does that mean you also have a time and a date planned for when I can go home?" Twilight asked.

"Of course. You will go home. As a filly in the future. This kingdom of Midi is merely the prologue after all. The real story will start after this." The disembodied voice stated.

"Are you telling me that this is merely an interlude for what is to happen soon?" Princess Twilight asked.

"For you? No. For Twilight there? Yes! She will experience the full might of the future soon. Tenrou island is already been destroyed by Acnologia. And Zeref is already on the move. When you are done here, my little pony. You will gain the adventure of a lifetime." The disembodied voice stated in excitement afterwards he faded.

"Uh. If I am in a book... Was that spoilers?" Twilight asked, suddenly very self-aware.

"I doubt it. It probably was merely a hint of what the future might hold." The guardian admits.

"That was weird. Oh well. I think we are done here. Also guardian... That seal only holds for two days. So I think we need to meet our friends outside." Princess Twilight said.

"Actually. We haven't talked about the most important question." Twilight said serious.

"Which is?" Princess Twilight asked.

"The corrupted beings." Twilight stated.

"Ah that." The guardian spoke faster, "They are merely a byproduct to the fact that the timeline got changed."

"So we can save them?" Princess Twilight asked.

"There is nothing to save princess." Twilight stated.

"What do you mean?" Princess Twilight asked confused. Our Twilight could tell that the guardian was smiling at the answer.

"They aren't corrupted against their will. They are born that way. They are from another dimension. Kinda like me. But unlike me, they are merely confused. I doubt they ever wanted to attack the kingdom of Midi. But it kinda happened that way." Twilight explained.

"Exactly. They are from the so called shadow realm. Or the realm in which Nightmare Moon came from." The guardian agreed.

"The same place as king Sombra?" Princess Twilight asked.

"No. He is from the crystal variant of that place." The guardian disagreed.

"But, is there a way to close the dimension? To make this kingdom whole again? I am not talking about forsaking them or banishing them. But rather a way to close the rift between dimensions and make the connection more stable in the form of lets say, a portal." Twilight asked.

"That is... certainly a good idea. Princess Twilight, you are a master in portals. Do you think that is possible?" The guardian asked curious.

"If we can find the rift exit point. Then yes." Princess Twilight stated.

"Alright if you have a moment." Twilight said causing both Princess Twilight and the guardian to look towards Twilight.

"Come on up you five." Twilight said as she let all her orbs fly besides her.

"Amazing so that is the forbidden magic, orb magic." Princess Twilight said fascinated.

"We need to find the rift of the shadow realm." Twilight said to her orbs. They seemed to blink in agreement.

The five orbs then started to circle around Twilight. "Realms of a thousand gods. Open thee eye. For you shall show and speak. So we may close thee gate. Of a thousand keeps. So we can show, that thee may hide. For we shall show. A thousand realms." Twilight spoke in an unknown language.

"A thousand Realm. Force of the Seeker!" Twilight shouted the last part.

Her Fairy orb, Friendship orb, Fighter orb, Magical orb and S-rank orb all shone as bright as the sun. As below each showed a special magic circle. And the location of where Twilight sat, a massive circle. The moment the circle hit the ground it beaconed a powerful light in circles around the spell as it scanned the entire world for the rift. However she had hidden it well enough that most beings on this planet couldn't sense it.

"I found it." Twilight said, as the magic power flowed through her body as if she was a god. She was that much more powerful then even Princess Twilight. And she was almost blown away by the sheer magic power. Twilight's eyes was golden white with power as she looked? at Princess Twilight.

"It is directly below the capital castle of the kingdom of Midi." Twilight said calmly.

"Wow. Is this what you are truly capable of?" Princess Twilight asked in both awe and fear.

"Oh this? No. This merely happens when I use a bit more magic then usual." Twilight said as she dispersed her magic back into the orbs.

"Wait. Is the magic in those orbs, yours?" Princess Twilight asked shocked.

"No. I merely borrowed those. However, these orbs do act like a seal. They seal my real magic power. Which I still haven't shown much of." Twilight admitted.

"Good. We now know the location of the seal. Let's go back. Surely my friends are starting to get anxious." Princess Twilight said as she was walking up to the exit.

"Yeah. Let's go." Twilight said as she walked along side her back to Manehattan.

Meanwhile inside of the castle within the capital city, Digital. Stood an Celestia on high alert. She suddenly felt an insane amount of magic coming from the catacombs of the abandoned tower.

"That magic. Was it?" Celestia asked surprised.

"That was the imposter." A seal suddenly said.

"Guardian? Is that you?" Celestia asked confused.

"Yes. Princess Twilight has used verse 12 on me. I am sealed for atleast today and tomorrow." The guardian stated.

"So she has been freed and returned. And that imposter... How powerful is she?" Celestia asked.

"Extremely powerful. Far more powerful then you would ever believe." The guardian admitted as he slightly shuddered at the thought.

"Titan?" Celestia asked.

"God." The guardian replied.

"By the gods. She has power that rivals even the gods?" Celestia asked taken massively aback.

"Yes. Not that she ever shows that side to her. But yes." The guardian admitted.

"By my mother's name. This is bad... Isn't it?" Celestia asked.

"No. It seems she cares more about creating a stable connection between the shadow realm and our realm. And to fulfill her duty. She cares little about this kingdom." The guardian said saddened.

"Wait does that mean?!" Celestia asked shocked.

"Yup. Even a kingdom that is basically a replica of her original world does not spark any memories." The guardian admits.

"Why?" Celestia asked with a growl.

"Because the creator has better use for her." The guardian stated.

"Wait! Does that mean?" Celestia asked surprised.

"So it would seem." The guardian said with a small smile.

"I will have to inform my... friend about it. But I see. A proper adventure, huh?" Celestia said as she smiled as well.

"Eeyup! As Big Mac would have said. It seems she going to stay a bit longer in this world then I would have liked. But I cannot go against my creator. So that is where this communication will end. I will meet again one day. I am sure." The guardian informs.

"Of course. Good luck with the paperwork then!" Celestia smiles at his misfortune.

"Oh shit! Welp, good luck with the uprising of the elements of Harmony." The guardian counters. Only to disappear faster then Celestia could respond.

"I won't need it. Blueblood. Evacuate Digital. We have a coup de tat incoming." Celestia orders.

"Yes madam!" Blueblood shouted.

"Now then. I suppose my combat armor hasn't seen much use for a while." Celestia said as she went ahead and cleaned it up.

Back with Twilight, Princess Twilight has been hugging Rarity and Fluttershy for five minutes now. She called it a group hug. Twilight purposely stood on the side. Wanting no part in such an event.

"How have you two been?" Princess Twilight asked. As she rubbed the tears out of her eyes.

"Much better now that you are back!" Rarity said as she refused to stop hugging Twilight.

"Uh." Princess Twilight said.

"Let her be for a moment your highness. She has had it the hardest." Twilight stated in the background.

"Very well. And Fluttershy... the general of the resistance. Amazing position. Are you sure, you don't want royal guard training?" Princess Twilight teased.

"No thanks. After we are done, I am going back to my animals in Ponyville." Fluttershy said adamantly.

Twilight laughed at the response. As Princess Twilight hoped for a shy response but got none. Instead she looked shocked at the more serious response.

"Fluttershy has grown up from all the responsibility." Rarity said as she finally let go. "She won't be so easy to push her around now."

"Yes. And you are showing you more shy side all the time." Fluttershy countered. This caused Rarity to stutter in response.

"I do not!" Rarity shouted.

"You hid behind Fluttershy when you met me." Twilight countered in the background. This caused Rarity to merely blush at the mention.

"Okay. Maybe all the responsibility is caused a side of mine to rear its ugly head." Rarity admits.

"Your more rebellious side?" Fluttershy offered.

"Yes. that must be it." Rarity said as she dismissed the conversation.

"Anyways. General. All the resistance forces are ready. We even got the pegasi and Unicorns on our side for this one!" Fluttershy's left hand stated.

"Emergency barrier spells are ready all around Midi. Every city is ready for an return invasion if things go bad." Fluttershy's right hand stated.

"Primary spell cannons are in place. And all the trap spells are too." Rarity's left hand stated.

"Civilians all over Midi have been put in the bunkers. Gear, food, water and ammunition is at the rally point. Digital has been surrounded. And Princess Luna has been spotted at the rally point. Along side the remainder of the elements of Harmony." Rarity's right hand stated.

"Your highness it is good to have you back. Battleships over the horizon are ready to give supporting fire. The Twilight guard are staying near bunker entrances as last defense if things go bad." Princess Twilight's left hand stated.

"Your highness. Welcome back. Tactics have been discussed. We are going in hard and from the front. Pyramid maneuver. Both side are filled with soldiers. We are expecting heavy resistance. Five thousand helicopters and Sky castle Cloudsdale is in position. Two thousand mages and the crystal cannons are in place. Five hundred thousand Earth soldiers are ready and have their shields out." Princess Twilight's right hand stated.

"The magic council is also at the scene of the rally point. They have brought five S-rank mages. The entirety of the Magic guard. Which is about one million soldiers and equipped with rune weapons. On top of that, Jacque saint rank 25 is placed as head of the soldiers. They are waiting for orders. And I have told them to only move out if Princess Twilight is failing. They will be our back up." Twilight explained.

"I will go ahead and prepare our ultimate weapon if things go south. General and second in command. Please make your way to the rally point. We will ensure everything goes as planned from our position." Fluttershy's right hand requested.

"I will join Princess Luna at the rally point. What about you? Twilight?" Princess Twilight asked.

"My job is to keep Celestia busy. Once the inner walls are broken. I will enter the castle at the ready. Alone." Twilight stated.

"Very well. Then prepare yourself. For the biggest fight this kingdom has ever seen." Princess Twilight stated as she walked to the exit and toward the rally point.

Meanwhile Celestia was in her gear. She looked out the window and saw the world's most biggest army that she has ever seen.

"Your highness. everyone is ready to protect you with their lives." Blueblood stated.

"No. Keep everyone away from me. The imposter has targeted me. And her magic can obliterate Digital as if they were toys. I want you to focus all your effort on keeping the enemy from breaching the walls." Celestia ordered.

"Formation Desperation?" Blueblood asked surprised.

"Yes. We are massive out manned and outgunned. However what we lack in numbers we gain in experience and quality. Prepare the anti-artillery force field. We have battleships on the horizon. And Cloudsdale in the air. Expect the most heaviest resistance one could ask for." Celestia said. Her tone showed the underlying awe of the sheer determination of the enemy.

"What about the corrupted? Do you want them to move with us?" Blueblood asked.

"No. They are to stand by and do nothing. No more lives need to be lost to them." Celestia said.

"Tomorrow we are going to war." Princess Twilight and Celestia said at the same time.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the cliffhanger but I felt that the war needed its own chapter. Sorry for the long wait.
Also, no. Twilight is not a god slayer. She is a God. There is a difference after all.