• Published 20th Jun 2021
  • 2,644 Views, 129 Comments

Twilight Scarlet - vincent789

  • ...
8
 129
 2,644

Fairy Tail, X791

It was another beautiful day in Magnolia. Twilight was busy doing guild master things. Until suddenly a dark shadow flew over Magnolia. This caused Twilight to smile. As she knew that it was finally time. She stood up from her desk to slowly exit the office to head downstairs. And as soon as she made it downstairs, she climbs on one of the chairs behind the counter and takes a seat. This caused Shagotte approached her, since normally Twilight would spend the whole morning working on paperwork, before taking a seat behind the bar at peak moments. However not today, which raised some eyebrows.

" Already done with your paperwork, Master?" Shagotte asked curious.

Twilight's eyes stayed shut, as she shook her head. "No. Not yet."

Shagotte shook her head slightly to the side, "Then what is the occasion?" she asked.

"Recall all the guild members. Its time." Twilight requested. Shagotte's eyes widen in surprise.

Shagotte then took out the guild scroll and pressed on the 'All recall' button in it. This ordered all the members to return to the guild. Even those that aren't on a quest. She then watched as all the members responded, all but Mystogan. He seemed to reject it.

"Mystogan-" Shagotte tried but saw Twilight shake her head.

"Does not play a role right now." Twilight answered.

"Understood. Everyone else is using their return scrolls to return. Including those in Magnolia." Shagotte explained.

"Good." Twilight said as she watched all the guild members to all return in mass. They all took a seat somewhere and waited for further instruction.

"Everyone. It's time." Twilight stated, "Macao, Romeo, Wakaba, Jet, Droy, Warren. Prepare yourself and go on standby. Everyone else, please stay in the guild until further instruction." Twilight ordered.

"Has it something to do with Christina's arrival?" Romeo asked.

Twilight smiled, "Yes." she said, her smiled turns especially soft as Romeo's eyes showed his realization.

"The team on standby. Follow me to outside the guild hall." Twilight ordered. causing the group to immediately stand up and follow Twilight's rather slow movement to outside the guild hall.

As Twilight saw the Christina. She suddenly started to hum a certain song. It seemed rather familiar, but she couldn't fathom where she heard it. Regardless, Romeo watched in awe at the Christina's arrival, the wait was finally over.

"Men!" Ichiya shouted on top of the Christina as he jumps off. Before he could hit the ground, Twilight grabs him into her magic and calmly set him down on the ground.

"Thank you guild master." Eve said as he slowly levitated down to the ground along side the rest of team Trimens.

"And?" Romeo asked excited.

"Yes. We are now certain. Tenrou Island still exists!" Ichiya stated.

"And the seal?" Twilight asked.

"Held. Which makes us believe that now is the time." Hibiki explained.

"Yes. Something that shouldn't have been possible, held itself against Acnologia's attack." Ren explained.

"Very good. Team, listen up." Twilight stated, her voice spoke of authority. Causing the team to get shaken from their stupor and listen closely.

"This is an emergency guild quest. Go to the location of Tenrou Island. Once there you should see Mavis standing on the water. Give her a second to determine your intention by waiting. Let her unseal Tenrou Island. And once that is done, collect all of the guild members together to one spot. Listen to Gramps and Mavis explanation, then return to the guild post-haste. Understood?" Twilight ordered, she sees the team nod their heads.

"No return scrolls allowed. Portal is off-limits. Use of boat only. All scrolls is off-limits. So do not use scan scrolls to speed up the process. All the members should be relatively close together. And remember, even though they have been gone for that long. Stay professional, wait, listen, act and fight if necessary. Show past Fairy Tail, what future Fairy Tail is like!" Twilight ordered.

"YEAH!" The team shouted.

"Departure is immediate. Get going!" Twilight ordered as she watched the team depart on this expedition.

"And Blue Pegasus. I thank you for this expeditions. I will send over the Jewels as per quest relation. You have done a total of seven hundred expeditions to search and rescue our guild. The seven trillion Jewels will be send through the portal." Twilight explained.

"Thank you. But Bob our guild master told us to refuse the pay. Like he won't accept it, no matter what you do." Ichiya stated.

Twilight sighed, "Fine. Atleast let me do a S-rank quest on the Blue Pegasus's behalf as thank you." she asked.

"Nope." The Trimens stated before departing.

"Son of a Bitch. I will pay you back Bob. Whether you like it or not." Twilight said while smiling.

"And?" Shagotte asked.

"As I thought. The seal is gone. I can sense Gramps magic from here." Twilight said as a small tear escaped her eye. Instead of continuing, Shagotte pulls Twilight into a motherly hug. Twilight didn't even attempt to pull away, instead she leaned into it with a heavy heart.

After a few minutes of staying like that, Twilight spoke up, "Thanks I needed that. As much as I have stayed strong. I truly miss my sister and gramps and my big bro."

"Of course. As do I miss Carla. There is no need to bottle it up. That is why I am here." Shagotte stated.

Twilight smiled, "Good. Tell the mayor to prepare a massive festival to celebrate the return of the other members of Fairy Tail. Also give the home-owners the good news." she stated.

"Will do. By the way, Lucy's father recently called. He wanted to thank you for healing him." Shagotte stated.

"Understood. Tell him that I heard it. And tell him that I did it for his daughter." Twilight requested.

"Okay. By the way, the guild is getting anxious. They want to do some quests." Shagotte stated.

"Unable. We need to await the return of the rest of the guild. They have permission to roam Magnolia, but they need to immediately return the moment I ask for it." Twilight stated.

"Okay. Protocol Family return?" Shagotte asked.

"Confirmed." Twilight stated, she saw Shagotte nod as she pulls out the guild scroll once more and activated the protocol. And as soon as the protocol was active, nobody left the guild hall.

"Is it true? Are they really returning?" Ann asked as soon as Twilight walked back into the hall.

Twilight nodded, which caused everyone to celebrate. As everyone celebrated, Twilight took a seat at the bar and also calmly awaited their return.

Meanwhile on the boat, the team waited as intended as entered the island upon Twilight's request. As a team, they calmly walked towards the location of where Mavis went. As they arrived, they see Natsu sticking partially out of the ground. Romeo pulls him out of the ground and shakes him awake. While the rest of the team collected the rest of the team. Until eventually the whole of the missing group was together.

"Is that you Romeo? You have grown quite a bit." Natsu complimented. Romeo blushed slightly as he nodded but kept his cool.

"Thanks." He said in response.

"Wow. You really have grown. You sound so professional." Lucy admitted surprised.

"It's all thanks to our guild master. She has trained us quite a bit." Romeo admitted.

"She?" Lucy asked confused.

"Ah! You haven't met her yet. She was on a one hundred year quest when you joined. When she returned nearly the whole guild was already missing." Wakaba stated.

"Is it who I think it is?" Gramps suddenly asked.

"Yes. Sis has done a wonderful job taking care of the guild." Mavis said as she suddenly appeared.

"First master!" Gramps said loudly. Although the entire team on Tenrou flinched. The team send out by Twilight didn't even show it or was expecting it.

"Yes. Thanks to your combined friendship I was able to collect enough magic to summon Fairy Sphere. Something that sis predicted. In fact the whole reason why the team send by her isn't flinching or showing a great amount of professionalism is due to their training. But also because she is that type of guild master." Mavis explained.

"Who are we talking about?" Lucy asked confused.

"Twilight Scarlet. My sister." Erza suddenly stated.

"That is not her entire name. Her name is Twilight Scarlet Sparkle Vermillion. She is adopted sister of Erza. Indirect sister of the Vermillion family and blood related to the Sparkle family." Wakaba explained.

"Is that so?" Lucy asked, "And how strong is she?" she added.

"The strongest mage in all of Fiore. She holds S-rank in both mercenary and guild status. Is a Saint within the Magic council and the current Guild master of Fairy Tail. She can easily hold her own against Acnologia as her magic literally transcends time and space." Macao casually explained.

"Wait. One vs one. Twilight, Acnologia. Who would win?" Lucy asked shocked.

"Twilight with ease." Gildarts admitted.

Lucy's mouth went wide in shock. "Especially now. Since she is doing to soon be a special person to you, Lucy. She is planning on becoming a Celestial Spirit so that she could go home." Romeo said slightly saddened.

"Regardless. Done explaining, First master? Under Twilight orders, we need to go back soon." Wakaba casually asked.

"Yes. Next time I will go to the guild myself. Good luck team Natsu. You are going to need it." Mavis said mysteriously.

"Yes. That is something she is correct in." Macao admitted.

"Let's go. The boat isn't far from here. Gather everyone together. Laxus is already unbanned from Fairy Tail. So he can join back, whenever he wants." Wakaba requested.

"Alright. Let's go." Gramps ordered. Causing everyone to follow Twilight's team to the boat. And once on the boat, they head back post-haste to Fairy Tail guild hall.

"So Warren. How has Twilight been as a guild master?" Erza asked curious.

"Capable. But as she likes to repeat. She is only there temporarily. She will hand the role back to Gramps when he returns." Warren explained.

"Well is there anything I need to worry about?" Gramps asked.

"You can ask that question better to Macao or Wakaba. They assist Twilight all the time." Warren stated.

"Well what did you two do?" Gramps asked both Wakaba and Macao.

"I am in charge of keeping an eye on the guild if Twilight goes on quests herself. Also I maintain order among Magnolia. I am an acting sheriff if you will. After Twilight's guild master status, Magnolia and Fairy Tail has become one unit. We work together all the time. Whether festival or incidents. Fairy Tail and Magnolia are often seen together. I am in charge of maintaining that connection." Macao explained.

"Meanwhile I am in charge of maintaining Fairy Tail itself. I look out for more guild members or assist the current ones. I assist in getting new quests and maintaining existing facilities. Although we do not active earn money within the guild, there are some facilities that are especially high on our priority list. Like Twilight's scrolls shop or the gift shop. Or the unique facility that you can only find in Fairy Tail. Known as the quest portal." Wakaba explained.

"That is a lot to think about. But is there anything I should know?" Gramps asked.

"Warren please explain the quest portal and scroll shop. After that, I should explain the hand over procedure." Wakaba requested.

"Alright. After Twilight's return from the quest. She immediately took the guild over. At the start a group was created. Known as the main group. They are in charge of taking harder quests and keeping the money flowing. Meanwhile the newer generation which consists of new members, Romeo and Twilight's partner. They are mostly doing harmless quests with some harder once spread among them. They are the quest team since they do a whopping ten quests a day as a group. And that was before the quest portal." Warren stated.

"And after Twilight began giving lessons to the members. Nab and Reedus also formed a team and began questing five quests a day. However as Twilight's lessons gave the member a boost. The sudden massive influx of demand for quests caused the quest board to overflow. Which resulted in making an entire room dedicated to quests. But also, Twilight realized that she could speed up the process by making a portal that can reach anywhere in Fiore." Warren continued.

"This portal will scan the quest and teleport the team or solo member to the quest location. Without the need to travel the distance. And on top of that, Twilight began making and selling return scrolls. These scrolls could return a guild member to the guild hall no matter the distance. She states that it can teleport even between dimension. The portal itself is invincible to space and time warps. So in events of disaster, the portal will work no matter what." Warren continued.

"So the scrolls shop is filled with special scrolls designed to assist the guild member with their respective quest. They are expensive but worth it, especially during more difficult quests. With the Return or Recall scroll being the most important. As they will save you from having to take boats or walk back. From wherever you are." Warren concluded.

After Warren summed it up, Carla approached Macao. "Anything we need to know?" she asked.

Macao took one look at Carla before he laughed, causing her to look confused. "Ah. Sorry about that, yes. Twilight took a partner. That partner is the exceed queen. These two have become rather close." He explained.

"You mean, Queen Shagotte is now Twilight's partner and part of the guild?" Gramps asked shocked.

"Yes. Twilight's partner and got recently crowned S-rank from Twilight. She is incredibly powerful. Both physical and magical. Her combat style reminds me of Erza. Though she uses no weapons and merely use her paws. Her combat style is physical. Very similar to Erza, minus the magic. Her magic is Slayer magic." Macao explained.

"As in another Dragon Slayer?" Natsu asked excited.

"No. Just a user of Slayer magic. Not dragon, or demon, or demi-god. Just simple slayer magic." Macao stated.

"Huh. I didn't know that existed." Natsu admitted.

"That is a rather rare of a type of magic." Gramps admitted surprised.

"Anyways, Twilight will explain the hand over procedure. Among other things. Look I can see Magnolia Port." Wakaba stated.

"Magnolia Port?!" Gramps shouted surprised.

And indeed, in the distance of the man-made river was Magnolia Port. Which held most of Fairy Tail's boats and some smaller boats. They also noticed that half of the port was still under construction. They saw also the Magnolia has grown in size and then some. A proper wall was around Magnolia among other things.

"Good. And by the way, Twilight is a generous guild master. She has paid for all the rent during your hiatus. Including protecting Natsu's house by buying the land and maintaining the house. Both for the home owners around Magnolia and Fairy Hills." Macao explained.

"Uh. Do we owe Twilight then?" Lucy asked. Macao merely smiled and shook his head.

"No. No Twilight did something extra for you Lucy. You will have to find out what that is. Twilight always repay her debt, but doesn't accept other people's debt. You guys won't have to pay it back, don't worry." Macao ensured.

The boat then slowly came to a stop. As Wakaba lowers the anchor and extends the walk plank. He is the first to step off the boat.

"We will have our quest completed once we return to the guild hall. Shall we?" Wakaba asked.

"Let's go!" Natsu said as he drags Lucy along.

After a bunch of walking later, they had arrived before the great castle that houses Fairy Tail. Natsu opened the door and shouts, "We're back!"

What followed could only be described as pandemonium. The newer generations introduced themself, while the older generation attempt to start a brawl. However Shagotte was at their location faster. She punched both of the brawl causes, I.e. Natsu and Gray into the ground, crushing the planks immediately. Before walking back over to Twilight's side.

This caused Lucy and Carla to look shocked at the nonchalant nature of the move, something Erza normally does. And something they didn't expect of the queen of the exceeds. However some of the newer generation members simply laughed at their attempt.

"Gramps. It is good to see you back. Shagotte disable that special protocol. People can take quests once more." Twilight requested.

"Of course." Shagotte said as she turned the protocol off.

"Protocol?" Gramps stated confused.

"Gramps let's... explain that in my office. Come. There is a lot to talk about. I am sure you already heard quite a bit. But not enough. Not all of my work is explained. Before I go. Sis, and everyone that came from Tenrou Island. Your debts have been paid. However if you wish to pay me back, I will explain after I am done talking with gramps." Twilight explained.

"Very well Twilight. Alright you maggots. Show me how much everyone has improved. And Shagotte... please have a chat with Carla. I am sure you wished to be with her first and foremost, no?" Erza asked.

Shagotte looked at Twilight for permission. Twilight hummed, before smiling. She nodded with permission. Shagotte smile went warm. "Alright. I will also keep an eye on the bar. Good luck master." Shagotte stated.

Twilight and gramps proceeded to walk down the hallway and onto a set of stairs to near the top. Not the roof, but the top floor. She then entered her personal office that overlooked entire Magnolia. She took a seat at one of the two most comfy couches she had set up in her office. Gramps took a seat opposite to her.

"Before we start, how do you feel dad? I know there has been a seven year gap, and that war between you and a band of Zeref lovers happened only a few minutes before Acnologia appeared. So how are ya?" Twilight asked, her smile turns warm.

Gramps smiled at the word 'Dad' "Could always be better. As you can clearly see. I am still a bit injured. What about you? How has my absence been on you?" he asked.

"It's been fine. I have been keeping my mind on the guild and my future. By the way, I have regained enough memories that I can atleast contact Equestria. But I still need the Celestial realm to warp back and forth. Since the book has been destroyed." Twilight explained.

Gramps's eyes widen, "What?! The book is gone?" he asked shocked.

"I had no choice. At first I was going to keep it to try and return. But then my foolish brother was about to do something he would regret. Had Celestia not destroyed the book in time. Others might have fallen here as well." Twilight admitted.

"Shit. I suppose they were beginning to become desperate. How are they by the way?" Gramps asked.

"Celestia is traumatized. My official parents have lost hope. And my brother tried to set things right. Only to nearly fall into the same trap. From which I was able to avoid catastrophic consequences. However..." Twilight admitted.

"However?" Gramps asked.

"My time here... is running out. I need to quickly find a way back... or else..." Twilight admitted ominously.

"Or else?" Gramps gulped slightly scared.

"The time has warped too much in my presence. I need to go back quickly. Or face utter erasure." Twilight stated worried.

Gramps eyes widen even further, "You mean? History is starting to..." he asked.

"Yes. I atleast ensured that nobody will forget about me. But my time is running out. If I don't go home soon. I might get voided before I can even go home. But that is why I need team Natsu, which is comprised of Lucy Heartfillia, Natsu Dragneel, Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Happy, Carla, Wendy Marvell, Loke and the Celestial spirits." Twilight explained.

"One final adventure. Either succeed and go home. Or face the ultimate punishment for changing time when one isn't supposed to. Correct?" Gramps asked for confirmation.

Twilight nodded, "Also known as Project Final Celestial Spirit. Which speaks for itself, no?" she asked.

"You must turn yourself into a spirit quickly. Or face... your worst demons." Gramps repeated.

"Alright. You get my full support. Shall I take control over the guild back?" Gramps asked.

"Yes. Before you do so. I made a book explaining all the events you missed. All the important changes this guild has changed. The new members. And most importantly, those protocols. They are extremely important, and if time doesn't remove them, please remember them. They are dear to me." Twilight pleaded.

"Alright. Go, get that team together. Tell me. What is the full discription of the quest?" Gramps asked smiling.

"S rank, special delivery. Escort Twilight Scarlet Vermillion Sparkle to locations the host requires to go to. Collect special products. Warning this is an extremely dangerous quest. By either refusing or failing the quest, your escort target will die. This quest is made for Twilight Scarlet, Shagotte, Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Carla, Happy, Wendy. Reward will be given after completion is completed. Reward, repaid debts. Which ranges between fifty million jewels at the lowest to five trillion jewels at the highest." Twilight explained.

"Alright. The quest has been made. Collect those members immediately. This is an emergency quest. Refusal is not permitted." Gramps added to the quest.

"One more thing... Before I depart. So you start to understand the urgency." Twilight said as she showed a, by armor covered, elbow.

Gramps eyes widen as large as it is possible. Before he nodded, understanding the urgency. "I see. No wonder that you are feeling the urgency. Alright. Don't worry about the guild. I will take care of the rest. Go! Hurry. And Twilight?" he shouted.

"Yes?" Twilight asked.

"I love you. Good luck." Gramps smile softens.

"Thanks dad. Good luck with the guild." Twilight said as she gave Gramps one last hug. They both knew this would be the last. So they hugged a bit longer than normal. Before Twilight headed back downstairs.

"Twilight! Your back! Is Gramps back in control?" Shagotte asked slightly excited.

Twilight nodded, "Will team Natsu, comprised of Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Wendy, Gray, Happy, Carla. And my partner Shagotte come to me? We need to do an emergency quest!" she shouted.

As soon as Twilight's full sentence leave her mouth, Team Natsu and Shagotte huddled around her. Meanwhile everyone else goes back to normal business.

"Can we see the quest?" Natsu asked excited.

"Yes." Twilight said as she gave him the quest paper. He looks through it excited until he saw the warning at the bottom causing him to pale.

"Is... Is that warning real?" Natsu asked pale. This caused the rest of the team to look at the warning causing them to look grim.

"I am afraid so." Twilight admitted.

"Has it gotten worse?" Shagotte asked.

"Thanks to my magical interference, no. But we mustn't sit here and hope for it to get better. It won't. It can't." Twilight stated.

"What get better?" Lucy asked worried.

Twilight then removes the piece of armor covering her elbow. Showing off that her elbow has already... disappeared slightly. A time wound if you will. Lucy gasped and everyone else pales. Realizing the situation to be quite dire.

"What are we collecting?" Gray asked calmly... Well calmly while looking worried that is.

"Memories." Erza answered for him.

"Correct. I thankfully regained quite a bit of memories already. All we need to do, is collect the remaining. And I know just the places to collect them. On top of that we need to find and collect a certain celestial key." Twilight explained.

"What type of key?" Lucy asked perked up.

"A blank, titanium key. With nobody attached to it." Twilight stated.

"The rarest key in existence?! I do not even know where to begin!" Lucy admitted.

"Actually there is a way of knowing. We need to contact the celestial king and ask him. However you must do that alone, Lucy." Twilight requested.

"Alright. I will investigate a way of doing that." Lucy stated.

"No need. Just do the same thing with Loke. And you will be fine." Twilight said knowingly.

"Uh. Alright." Lucy said confused.

"After we know the location. We need to collect it. And proceed to continue to three locations. Margaret Town, the original town where Erza was born in. And finally the place I came to, when I entered this world." Twilight explained.

"And then?" Natsu asked worried.

"The final sequence in Magnolia. I will have to give myself the curse of binding on the key, after which I have to forcibly convert myself into a Celestial being. During this, we can do the send off ritual." Twilight explained.

"Will we see you again after that?" Happy asked saddened.

"In the future, yes. I will become Lucy's special celestial spirit. That way I can ensure a way to travel back and forth at will. Lucy gets the world's powerful mage and I can go home whenever I want." Twilight said proudly, "Sadly I do have to give up my mortality. But that is a side-effect." she added.

"Special? How so?" Lucy asked.

"This key will be a part of Fairy Tail. So in case of the death or breaking my key. The key defaults to Fairy Tail. On top of that, I can only be summoned for emergency. Or when you communicated ahead of time for my need." Twilight explained.

"Ah. Since you won't stay in the Celestial realm but rather in your own realm. Correct?" Erza offered.

"Yes. Since my realm and this world's realm is connected. Through the Celestial realm." Twilight admits.

"Alright. We accept, of course!" Wendy said before anyone else said anything.

"Good. We will depart in five hours. Prepare yourself." Twilight warned, causing everyone in the team to run off to prepare.

'Equestria. Here I come!' Twilight thought pleased.

-----------
Meanwhile across dimensions, in a world filled with ponies...
-----------

Celestia was roaming the halls of her personal mansion since her castle was still in lockdown. She just finished giving ponies a speech after the summer sun celebration. When suddenly, a wind blew through the halls. This wind was different, it was the wind of hope. And Celestia instantly knew what this meant.

'So you have been waiting for this moment, my personal student. I see.' Celestia thought as she suddenly broke into a mad sprint.

She took flight towards Fluttershy's cottage. The current home of a certain draconequus friend and her shy friend. During her mad flight she flew past Rainbow Dash at max speed, causing her to be blow away as the air pressure easily reached mach g-forces.

However her touch to the ground was soft and quiet. As she walked up to the cottage, she knocks on the door.

"I am coming!" Said a shy voice, clearly from Fluttershy.

"Yes?... Your highness!" Fluttershy said calmly for one moment, then stunned the next.

"Fear not my little pony. I actually came here to find Discord. Is he here?" Celestia calmly asked.

"I am here." Discord said as he appeared out of nowhere. Fluttershy didn't even flinch, instead she nodded.

"A certain pony has made a first move. It is time to begin the spell." Celestia mysteriously stated. Fluttershy was confused, but Discord's eyes instantly widens at the news.

"Alright. So, you will do space, while I do time. Correct?" Discord asked carefully.

"Yes. Those special statues around Canterlot Castle are the anchor points for the spell. While mine has to be omni-directional around the castle ground itself." Celestia explained.

"Alright. Expect the spell to be completed in a week." Discord stated, while nodding.

"Not good enough. Try to do it in five days. That is when it will occur." Celestia admitted, Discord coughed painfully, before nodding. As he had little choice.

"Before you go. May I ask atleast a hint of what you are doing?" Fluttershy asked worried.

"We are trying to prevent Twilight Sparkle's transformation into Celestial being, by pleading to our gods for assistance. By granting Twilight a chance to be part of two dimensions instead of one." Celestia explained.

"Who? Which god?" Fluttershy asked confused.

"Discordia and Laura. The true god of chaos and the god of creation." Discord answered.

"And, Yggdrasil. God of dimensional time. He will be the hardest to convince." Celestia answered. Before she did a unique action that is normally reservered for only Discord. Discord and herself were clicked away using teleportation magic. Confusing Fluttershy AND Discord.

Author's Note:

This chapter is calm before the last Arc in Fiore.
Next chapter Part one of three. The one of the last arcs of this book. After this arc, one more last arc. And then the epilogue.

Also sorry for the wait... I have no excuses, only that I got addicted to a game... or two. (Dragon Quest Builder 2 and The Outer Worlds)