• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,643 Views, 53 Comments

Return of the king - emberflare



When Equestria's former rulers returns, what will happen?

  • ...
3
 53
 1,643

Apple Problems

Hello Everypony. Shadow here again thanking you for taking the time to read my story. I only have a few things i would like to point out.
One: I would like everypony to know that InsanityBerry is becoming me and Ember’s editor, allowing us more time to write the story, so thank you for taking the time to review our stories, we owe you one mate.
Second: If you could please visit Ember's story, Blood Moon Rising, and show her some support, it would be nice. Her stories been up longer, but has had less popularity, so a read over there would be nice, thank you to those who do it.
That's it, apart from the fact, as i mentioned before. My skills as a writer are experimental at best, and even with editing, there are going to be mistakes, so sorry, but I’m not perfect.
-Shadow Flare

Twilight had returned home and had been studying for a few hours when Apple Jack busted through the door. “Twilight!” she yelled.

“Yes AJ. What’s wrong?” Asked Twilight. Twilight could easily tell when one of her friends needs help, and AJ nearly destroying her front door was an obvious sign.
“It’s our new helper, he’s hurt” She said, obviously distressed by the injury.
Twilight jumped up, grabbed a few books and placed them in her bag, placed it on her back, then galloped after AJ as she led the way back to the farm.

“Who’s your new helper?” asks Twilight as they gallop towards Sweet Apple Acres.
“A Pegasus, he arrived a few weeks after Shadow Flare, looking for work. Ah accepted him and he’s been hurt! He was picking apples and ran head-first into a tree”

“WHAT! How does a pegasi crash into a tree?”
“He wasn’t looking where he was goin’ and smashed into a tree”
“He’s a Pegasus which means this could end badly, his bones aren’t designed to take heavy hits” Twilight said, remembering she had read a book before talking about the ‘magic’ of each type of pony. Pegasi were extremely agile and were able to fly, unfortunately this means that they can’t take heavy blows easily, and flying head-first into a tree is an example of this.

“What are you mumbling about Sugarcube? We gotta hurry, he was bleeding when I left to come get ya” said AJ as she starts to run faster to her farm, and Twilight followed her.
Twilight was never into exercise, but all her adventures in PonyVille had made her extremely fit. The pair arrived at Sweet Apple Acres quickly and Twilight followed AJ into the barn.

Inside the barn sat Big Mac and Apple Bloom, both trying to help a pony that Big Mac was hiding from sight. Twilight walked around the side and got her first look at the Pegasus. He had white feathers, and his mane was a mixture of light blue, regular blue and dark blue. Twilight parked herself next to him and examined him some more.
“Alrighty” she said as she activated her magic and started ‘analyzing’ the ponies injuries.
“Head injury is the most dangerous” she muttered to herself before pulling out one of her books and reading over it.
The book covered the basics in unicorn healing, but every spell Twilight read wouldn’t fix the problem ‘So, if I can’t find a spell, I’ll make one’ she decided.

Twilight looked at a similar spell, but manipulated it so it would close up the injury and not do any form of long-term injury to the Pegasus. She stated healing the skin and ‘sewing’ it together, but to stop the body’s natural healing from interfering, she caused a small cut that would distract the body from a few minutes, which is all she needed.
She closed the wound and double checked to make sure that she had avoided any injuries become annoying, which she had. She then released him from her magic, and as she opened her eyes, he started to stand up.
The apple family simply stood there, watching.
The Pegasus stood up, but suddenly his front right leg failed on him and he fell over. AJ caught him with her back. “Ok there partner?” she asked.

“Yeah, I am. Thanks boss, sorry I messed up.” He said as he tried to get smaller.
“Nah, its fine. Everypony that’s ever worked on this here farm gets hurt somehow, it was really only a matter of time,” AJ replied, her honestly making Twilight remember the time SHE managed to injured working on the farm.

“An example is Twilight here” AJ continued as Twilight blushed, embarrassed “She was collecting apples with her magic, dropped them into a barrel and keeps walking, and manages to fall down into the barrel she dropped the apples in!” laughs AJ as Twilight started walking out of the barn.

“Oh no you don’t missy” said Big Mac as he blocked Twilight’s path. “I’m sure we can repay you for helping us, how about lunch?” he offered.
Twilight looked back over to the Pegasus, to AJ, back to Big Mac, and finally to Apple Bloom. She was doing the cute eyes, just like she did when Twilight first came to down, Twilight couldn’t say no with her doing that face. “Sure, I’ll have some lunch”

“Well, that’s mighty fine of ya’ Twilight” says AJ as she leads the group out of the barn and into the family house, where Granny Smith sat, rocking slowly in her arm chair. As the group walked, Twilight walked next to the Pegasus.

“Hey” he says, his head hanging slightly, a side effect of Twilights spell.
“Hey, how are you? You took a bad knock to the head” she commented as they walked through the front door.
“I’m better now, thanks to you and your magic” he said as he sat down at the table.
“I’m glad you’re better, it was a bad hit. How’d you do that? You have a cutie mark in crashing?” she joked.
“Ha, well. Actually my cutie mark is a compass, for my, well, navigation skills” he said as he blushed slightly.

“So, you’re a Pegasus that has a cutie mark in navigation, and managed to crash head-first into an apple tree. That’s a new one” commented Twilight as AJ started to serve them apple pie.

Several hours later Twilight walked out of the apple family’s house and started heading home with a small smile on her face ‘Illidan was really nice’ she thought to herself before looking over the last few weeks.

“First Shadow Flare arrives, a Pegasus daredevil like Rainbow. Then, Stormrage, the Canterlot gardener, then Rarity and Aurora. Pinkie meet’s Berry and now AJ’s has Illidan,” she laughed gently to herself. “Where’s my copy?” she asked as she opened her door and closed it, turning around to see an unknown pony reading.
He was sitting in the middle reading ‘Teleporting safety guides’. Despite Twilight’s rather loud entry, he didn’t even move.

Twilight clears her throat and caught the attention of the colt, his red fur almost mixing into his red and orange mane, with a horn poking out of it. “Yes?” he asked.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle, who are you?”
She approached the unicorn with curiously and a single thought going through her mind.
‘Could he be my double?’

“Ember Korsane, at your service” he said, bowing his head. Twilight could have sworn something was off with the way he said that sentence, but she couldn’t put her hoof on it.
“At my service?” she asked, confused.
“Surely you knew I was coming, I thought I sent a few letters saying I would be needing to borrow some books for study,” he replied sounding genuinely confused.

“Study for what?”

“Well, you see. I am studying self-defensive magic, and I thought that you, being the most powerful unicorn, could help me learn how to protect myself,” he responded, looking at Twilight like she was his last hope.
Twilight stood there looking at the unicorn, the same thought going through her head. She remembered one of her mane lessons here at Pineville, when she had accepted Pinkie's special ability 'Just because I can't explain it, doesn't mean it impossible'. Twilight returned to the present and looked back at Ember.
“I guess I can teach you some magic” she says, and smiles slightly at the look of pure joy on the other unicorns face.